* - - - - 2 votes

Best Buy Ad 12/30-1/5

#91 HakurenKyo06   Duane Follower. CAGiversary!   1793 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

HakurenKyo06

Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:34 PM

Hellblade not being on sale on the brobox is unfortunate, guess I'll wait.

#92 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 30 December 2018 - 07:02 PM

Last of us Is still my GOTY over gta v. Still salty about that.

#93 AcesHigh   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   420 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:33 PM

I returned a game to BB last night. Girl said I had used reward zone cert on the purchase and was trying to give me 25 cert plus gift card. I had paid fully with my cc and have the order and transaction in my statement. She said it was only ringing up as reward zone, so I just said Fuck it and took it.

Did I get swindled here? What incentive would she have to lie about something like this? I'll call CS if I have to, just confused how any of this would be possible given that I paid for the item in full with my Cc.

#94 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   643 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:50 PM

I'm finding myself lacking the desire to play much these days, even when I have time to. Sony is resting on their laurels again and have done nothing to shake things up with their studio's games. The Last of Us was the last time I can think where they truly set the world on fire for a bit and the sequel will just go with the flow as God of War did. High praise, nothing new. Days Gone is a lost cause, dead on arrival and I see nothing ahead but a new console and more of the same old shit. I think I've become jaded with storytelling taking a focus in games, which is why buggy ass games with virtually no story like FO76 get my attention simply for the fact that it's sandbox and lets me do whatever I want in a MP setting.

I want freedom to explore and have fun not looking forward to a story being rammed down my throat. In short, JUST LET ME PLAY THE FUCKING GAMES.

I’m the opposite. I care more about the story then anything else, including the gameplay. I mean, sure it needs to be playable, but all the games are basically the same these days. If there’s no story to move the gameplay along, what motivates someone to play? You like sandbox and MP, so those kinds of games are good for you. I don’t have the time or interest to grind MP against kids I don’t know. So when games try to cater to both you and me, we both lose.

Also, what do people think of Ittle Dew 2+? I’ve got a 20 Reward Cert to spend.

#95 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14085 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:50 PM

I’m the opposite. I care more about the story then anything else, including the gameplay. I mean, sure it needs to be playable, but all the games are basically the same these days. If there’s no story to move the gameplay along, what motivates someone to play? You like sandbox and MP, so those kinds of games are good for you. I don’t have the time or interest to grind MP against kids I don’t know. So when games try to cater to both you and me, we both lose.

I think the difference here is presentation: some like a huge exposition they can dig into and I prefer minimalism. World detailing the story vs being smacked over the head with what's going on. And games like Skyrim cater to both styles, since I've played it multiple times now as with each Bethesda game. They all have an engrossing story, but my eyes glaze over harder than the Gaben's fingers after a Krispy Kreme run during a dialogue tree. There's enough there mechanically and exploration-wise to keep me interested, despite having all the sidequests and storylines. Granted, Uncharted was the one exception because the characters just oozed charm and were relatable.

Back to the main point, I feel Sony has just coasted on games that are too samey-wamey and trying to capture lightning in a bottle a la Uncharted again. I don't feel they have a flagship franchise anymore and it's not just them. The industry as a whole is stagnating, and it's killing the hobby for me.

#96 Tauro_Fc  

Tauro_Fc

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:14 AM

Ok. So... Where the hell is the glitch?

#97 GreyFox787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   813 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

GreyFox787

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:34 AM

Sounds like you feel some type of way about this...

As someone who has owned all 3 Xbox gens, my Switch and PS4 have rendered the latest one obsolete. So he's not wrong...

Anyway, thanks for the post, Tyrok!

Same here...I was a 360 gamer, and I bought the One before any of the others...but between Switch and PS4 I have no need for it anymore.

Guess I struck a nerve trying to make a joke...

But, regardless, there really aren't many worthwhile exclusives on the system compared to the other two...

That may be about to change with all their studio acquisitions, but only time will tell, and we likely won't see the fruits of it until the next console generation.

#98 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19940 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:57 AM

Hellblade comes with slip cover so don't do in store pick up

#99 knothead65  

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:28 AM

Haven't played it but I heard it's pretty good. Like Zelda with puzzles, if you like that type of game.

#100 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:20 AM

That means you’ve hit puberty or have become a man. Kids these days only care about gameplay. I love games that have beautiful stories that move you or mindfuck you like the last of us,

#101 7String   Adam Howard CAG Veteran   214 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:40 PM

FWIW there is no console war
Nintendo - if you like classic, Neo-classic, ultra creative and avant- garde+ fundamentals for all gamers. You get it all For all ages, without gore , with slightly less graphical power than a Sony

Sony - cutting edge, hardcore adrenaline pumping cutting edge visuals (and VR) to compete with PC gaming, I find it’s more for harder, faster paced gamers, these are rated R, Nc-17, And sometimes xxx

(X-box - if you don’t want a Nintendo but can’t afford Sony )

:D kidding, just mean it’s a cheap generic to Sony

Nintendo is Nintendo, very different than the rest, it’s the original and true evolution of a console

Sony is a console in the respect that it’s a plug and play gaming PC, again that’s why I consider it hardcore , because it’s really a console translation of the best of PC. Sony’s VR may have given them the something extra needed to be considered developing the PS further Imho

(And no offense to Xbox but I really don’t see them being around in another decade, they’re watered down Sony with nothing special to offer but SUPER price deals, which is a great alternative ....but they aren’t competition to Sony)

So it’s not really a war at all, just two competitors and a nice generic....and I for one love both Sony and Nintendo , I have All Sony ps consoles and a switch

They’re all good , just different needs or customers /audience ...

#102 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   848 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:10 PM

Nintendo - if you like classic, Neo-classic, ultra creative and avant- garde+ fundamentals for all gamers. You get it all For all ages, without gore , with slightly less graphical power than a Sony

Sony - cutting edge, hardcore adrenaline pumping cutting edge visuals (and VR) to compete with PC gaming, I find it’s more for harder, faster paced gamers, these are rated R, Nc-17, And sometimes xxx

Nintendo is Nintendo, very different than the rest, it’s the original and true evolution of a console

Sony is a console in the respect that it’s a plug and play gaming PC, again that’s why I consider it hardcore , because it’s really a console translation of the best of PC. Sony’s VR may have given them the something extra needed to be considered developing the PS further Imho

(And no offense to Xbox but I really don’t see them being around in another decade, they’re watered down Sony with nothing special to offer but SUPER price deals, which is a great alternative ....but they aren’t competition to Sony)

So it’s not really a war at all, just two competitors and a nice generic....and I for one love both Sony and Nintendo , I have All Sony ps consoles and a switch

Lol, congrats on the worst possible take.

#103 srac84  

Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:22 PM

ok im not a fan boy of anything, i have all consoles. With cross platforms I usually get the xbox one version because I have the xbox one x..it performs better and looks better. Sony has better exclusives eg..god of war, uncharted etc is better than halo etc..(but this is subjective). Sony has a few thing like VR that are extra, but game pass is better than anything sony has in that regard. The sales and prices are often better on xbox one. 

In the end though, if i had to choose one console i would get the ps4 but xbox one is definately not a POS like some of the posters on here are saying.

#104 snacks28217   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   489 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

snacks28217

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:13 PM

I personally don't like the xbox controller.

#105 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2268 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:13 PM

Sorry about Hellblade on Xbox. The ad did only list PS4 but they almost always put both on sale anyway. :-

#106 Strange Aeons   CAG Lurker CAGiversary!   19 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Strange Aeons

Posted 31 December 2018 - 10:12 PM

Damn it, Tyrok. You had me stay up past my bedtime trying to order!

#107 Mynameisdumb  

Mynameisdumb

Posted 01 January 2019 - 01:52 AM

Not sure if it’s been posted here(didn’t wanna read through the “console wars”) but hasbro game night and America’s game shows for switch are $20 right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#108 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1170 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 01 January 2019 - 03:56 AM

Sony's buying ad space on CAG now?

#109 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1510 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:27 AM

When I see so many comments on a weekly ad thread only to realize it is a bunch of morons arguing about nothing.

#110 TruthynessStrategery  

TruthynessStrategery

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:37 AM

This post is proof positive that people should stay away from hard drugs. What a  :dunce:

#111 john718   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:59 PM

It's so obvious that there's a Sony fanboy among those who decide what goes on sale at BestBuy....more often than it should we keep seeing discounts only on the PS4 versions, just to mention those currently:
Marvel vs Capcom Infinity Collectors
Hellblade
Also strangely enough two of my local BestBuy stores were hiding the physical copies of RDR2 in their Warehouses during Black Friday only displaying those of the PS4 everywhere..... Microsoft should look into this retail "partner".

#112 MaskedKid   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   88 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

MaskedKid

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:18 PM

If I pre-ordered KH3 before the keychain thing(I'm assuming it's those smaller figurine things), will it be automatically placed in my order, or do I need to cancel the order and pick it up again.

#113 7String   Adam Howard CAG Veteran   214 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:52 PM

This post is proof positive that people should stay away from hard drugs. What a :dunce:

x box owner^

#114 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6186 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:14 PM

x box owner^

^ GameFAQs console war poster who time traveled from 15 years ago

#115 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2268 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2019 - 01:24 AM

It's so obvious that there's a Sony fanboy among those who decide what goes on sale at BestBuy....more often than it should we keep seeing discounts only on the PS4 versions, just to mention those currently:
Hellblade
Also strangely enough two of my local BestBuy stores were hiding the physical copies of RDR2 in their Warehouses during Black Friday only displaying those of the PS4 everywhere..... Microsoft should look into this retail "partner".

Right, because the clearance price of a CE which varies by store depending on stock levels and the downstocking abilities of a few stores is totally under Best Buy's control.

You might be right about Hellblade though. It could very well be the first thing that didn't go on sale at BB due to Game Pass. ;)

#116 mike568   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2019 - 10:12 PM

Right, because the clearance price of a CE which varies by store depending on stock levels and the downstocking abilities of a few stores is totally under Best Buy's control.

You might be right about Hellblade though. It could very well be the first thing that didn't go on sale at BB due to Game Pass. ;)

Can you please post next weeks ad?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#117 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2530 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 05 January 2019 - 01:54 AM

Hellblade

What an idiotic comment. Sales estimates show there are somewhere between 3-4 times as many PS4 console owners than Xbone owners -- so let me see, when publishers decide to print games, I wonder for which system they print more copies? It'd be beyond dumb for 505 to print as many Hellblade copies on Xbone as it would PS4.

This is the reason why PS4 games tend to go on sale more often. There is just far more supply of those games (no surprise) so when a publisher's game flops, the PS4 versions are hugely overstocked (i.e., Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite); it's also why you're far more likely to see PS4 games sitting in clearance bins rather than Xbone titles. Last generation, 360 games were typically easier to find on clearance for the same reason.

By your logic, publishers like LRG must be Sony fanboys since they don't publish Xbone games. The real reason though is because LRG would rather sell to an 80 million userbase than one that's allegedly a quarter to half that.

What you stupidly call fanboyism is in reality just a consequence of business decisions.

#118 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:01 AM

If I pre-ordered KH3 before the keychain thing(I'm assuming it's those smaller figurine things), will it be automatically placed in my order, or do I need to cancel the order and pick it up again.

I guess we’re both doomed

#119 srac84  

Posted 05 January 2019 - 05:11 PM

wheres the new ad :p

#120 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12109 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:42 PM

Hard to say.  They've done it automatically for me with the SSB coin, but have neglected to do it with other things.  Assuming you still have GCU I would suggest just rebuying it since it is still available.  If you can't rebuy for whatever reason then maybe make a post on the BB Unboxed forums as that sometimes gets the ball rolling on these things too.