SSX 3 is $3.29 for Xbox Live Gold Members; $4.29 w/o XBL Gold

XboxGaming

CAG Newbie
SSX 3 has been $9.99 on the Xbox marketplace since it became backward compatible, but it has received a price markdown to $3.29 for Xbox Live Gold members, or $4.29 without a Xbox Live Gold membership. I have been looking at this game for a while and just noticed the price cut. I don't know how long it will be discounted, but it is possible the price will jump back up. This game plays so well through backward compatibility on Xbox One or Xbox One X, and the visual enhancements are quite nice. Check out Digital Foundry's video of it on YouTube and you'll see for yourself.

Purchase here:

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/Product/SSX-3/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802454109fa

* Most of the original Xbox games are $9.99 with the exception of a couple of them being $14.99 or even $19.99 (i.e. Full Spectrum Warrior & Destroy All Humans!). Full Spectrum Warrior went on sale for $2.24 for Xbox Live Gold members in November but is back to $14.99.

** Hunter: The Reckoning, also normally $14.99 is on sale for Xbox Live Gold members for $10.49, but you can probably find a physical copy for cheaper.

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/Product/Hunter-The-Reckoning/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802595607d2

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, loved this game.  Oddly enough, at this price I'll gladly pick up a digital copy so I don't have to dig out my physical one.

When I initially heard that some original Xbox games were becoming backwards compatible I really didn’t care. Happened to load up Panzer Dragon Orta And SSX 3 (off this post) and have been super impressed on how nice these old games have been graphically upscaled for the Xbox One X.

Really want Ninja Gaiden Black, Crimson Skies and Black (FPS) to go on sale. Would also love to see Microsoft add Burnout, Otogi and Baldurs Gate Series for original Xbox backwards compatibility as well.

Achievements also need to be added for original Xbox titles but it sounds like this will never happen. I love how game designers act like they would have to move heaven and earth to add achievements to older games. Sony implemented trophies with digital PS2 games, Microsoft needs to follow suit.

Achievements also need to be added for original Xbox titles but it sounds like this will never happen. I love how game designers act like they would have to move heaven and earth to add achievements to older games. Sony implemented trophies with digital PS2 games, Microsoft needs to follow suit.
Who was in charge of porting PS2 games?

Microsoft is doing all the engineering work for backwards compatibility. I assume that's why there are no achievements; they're not going to add content to someone else's game.

Even if you don't have an X, SSX is probably the best looking BC game in the program so far. Jade Empire is close but it and KotOR are only in 4:3, SSX3 is widescreen and the environments look great.

This is one of my favorite games ever and it looks so awesome on my XB1X. Will probably buy a digital copy so I don't need to use a disc. 

If the PS4 had straightforward backwards compatibility with PS2 games, the PS2 games wouldn't have trophies there, either. The only reason they're adding in the trophies at all is because they're individually emulating specific games one by one and enhancing them in the process. It would be ridiculous to expect Microsoft to find a way to implement achievements to an entire previous gen back catalogue through standard backwards compatibility.

Does this deal end tonight? I'm thinking about subscribing for a month for a $1 and picking this up.

If it's a Countdown Sale item, it's on sale until 1/3. I don't know if it is, so I bought it an hour ago.
The deal was still on an hour after midnight, so I decided to subscribe and purchase now just in case.

You guys were all beyond correct in saying SSX 3 looks amazing on X1X. Holy fuck it looks incredible. I'm completely shocked by how good it looks honestly

bread's done
Back