Is Newegg Taboo?

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Newegg has had some decent deals lately, yet I never see threads for them. Does CAG have something against Newegg or is it just that no one ever posts their sales?

Pretty sure the official CAG Twitter account posts Newegg deals, so I don't think this site's biased against them. More likely that no one posts their sales.

They post ton of new egg deals throughout the year,  usually they include a code to drop the price.  As long as I have been here ever site that offers deal is fair game.  Even CDkeys.

A few years ago they had a trade-in program. They offered some decent values on some games that weren't worth very much everywhere else. After everyone traded them in, they sent out two emails. One telling us that they were going to give us 1/5 of the offered value because of an "error" and another email telling us that even that offer had been revoked and that all traders should fuck off. To this day I have yet to receive one red cent OR my games back from them. As such, Newegg is on my permanent lifetime boycott list.

A few years ago they had a trade-in program. They offered some decent values on some games that weren't worth very much everywhere else. After everyone traded them in, they sent out two emails. One telling us that they were going to give us 1/5 of the offered value because of an "error" and another email telling us that even that offer had been revoked and that all traders should fuck off. To this day I have yet to receive one red cent OR my games back from them. As such, Newegg is on my permanent lifetime boycott list.
Wait...what? I've never even heard of Newegg offering a trade in program but I'm shocked they were able to get away with this. I stopped using them after they got bought out by some other company and their customer service went to hell.

bread's done
Back