- - - - -

2019 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

#181 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1851 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 06 August 2019 - 05:26 PM

I decided to kill some time between yard sales this Saturday and stopped by Savers, and was surprised to find everything in the store was 50% off. They had a few N64 bundles and I grabbed this one for $100. Kind of pricey for a thrift store, but I've been looking for this model of N64 so I can mod it and the games were worth it.

OhD6Uft.jpg

That's a good deal, especially if the console works. There are some higher priced games mixed in there. Mario party 3, kirby, mario 64, pokemon stadium 2.  Well worth what you paid

#182 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   445 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2019 - 05:45 PM

It does indeed work! It was a bit of a risk since I could only tell for sure that the WWF game and Pokemon Stadium 2 were in the bundle, but it's good that the salesperson was honest when he sad that there was at least Mario 64, Mario Kart, and DK64 in there. 

#183 Vadid Nanko  

Vadid Nanko

Posted 06 August 2019 - 09:42 PM

Picked these up from one Goodwill today. Spent $24 for everything (after donating up). PS2 with memory card was $6.98, Gameboy Advance lot (including games) was $6.98 and each Microsoft controller (black one is clearly in need of repair) was $3.98. I can't remember the last time I had a decent game find at this location. Pretty happy with all this.HWugnnd.jpg

#184 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 07 August 2019 - 07:58 PM

I decided to kill some time between yard sales this Saturday and stopped by Savers, and was surprised to find everything in the store was 50% off. They had a few N64 bundles and I grabbed this one for $100. Kind of pricey for a thrift store, but I've been looking for this model of N64 so I can mod it and the games were worth it.

OhD6Uft.jpg

Wait, so the normal price of that bundle was $200? Wow. You may have made your money back, but that would have been an easy $50 bundle at the most in my city before any discount. I wouldn't have bothered. I don't deal with extortionist thrift stores. They get their shit for free and have the nerve to charge hundreds of dollars?

#185 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   445 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2019 - 01:09 PM

Yeah, I get that. I don't normally indulge in that sort of thing, but I've really been wanting an NS1 N64 and Pokemon Stadium 2 has also been high on my want list. I've also been a little starved for thrift store finds since my local Goodwill started shipping things off to the online store.

#186 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:31 PM

So, I guess nobody knows anything about this?

F it. Posting it anyway. This Louis Vuitton real or fake, guys?

P1U5l29.jpg

WrrLK23.jpg

3oFthIj.jpg

22Vmi8c.jpg

#187 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1510 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:52 AM

Damn, almost a month since my blue Wii pickup post....I'd kill for an okay find at this point! I dont want to assume but around that time I did see a new manager type person getting trained.... looks about 30ish and knowledgable about stuff I'd buy.

#188 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   2138 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:19 AM

So, I guess nobody knows anything about this?

Not my expertise but I would avoid luxury brand at a thrift store at all costs. Too many fakes nowadays that look so authentic and real these days which make it's so hard to distinguish the real from the fake one.  Because a few years ago I bought an Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 for $100 at Goodwill that look legit which turned out to be fake (I had a shoe collector from sneaker-con inspect it). 

#189 Vadid Nanko  

Vadid Nanko

Posted 14 August 2019 - 04:54 PM

After striking out at a few thrift stores yesterday, I stopped by a local pawn shop. Pawn shops tend to always have more games than the thrifts but rarely do I come across a game I don't already own and want, so I pretty much expected to leave unhappy and frustrated like usual. I almost did after checking their video game rack, but also scanned where they have consoles stored in a glass display, and lo, these were in a box calling out to me at $1 each!

qNR0eTk.jpg

#190 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1687 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:34 PM

Damn, almost a month since my blue Wii pickup post....I'd kill for an okay find at this point! I dont want to assume but around that time I did see a new manager type person getting trained.... looks about 30ish and knowledgable about stuff I'd buy.

All the decent finds at my mom and I's fave Salvation Army store have dried up due to them cutting their inventory. We're lucky if we find anything worth while now.

My last good find came at our fave Goodwill store. It is an Ebonite 2 bowling ball tote and an original Brunswick Rhino urethane ball (15 lb.) bundle for $25.

Guess it's time to start checking out different thrift stores and pawn shops.

#191 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1510 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:21 PM

Ha the local pawn store has a girl who is always posting on Facebook Market place, those Genesis games wouldve been full on Ebay prices! Welp turns out my assuming might have been true. I see some shitty shovelware GBA games in the case in front of the registers, didnt look at the prices. Wait until people got out of the way, look at the glass cases on the side, see the stuff below............WTF?! All individually priced!  I go back to the GBA games.......$3-$9 apiece! Games are suppose to be $3 or $4 apiece! All that shit was DONATED! They paid nothing for any of it! Honestly theyre screwing themselves, I wouldve bought almost everything if they had been normal price! Fucking BS.... it ruins the fun of the hunt. FYI, that $35 PS2 goes for $10 shipped on Ebay!

0KySBhZ.jpgHdhDiQY.jpg2OSCZAB.jpg

#192 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:46 PM

Thrift stores have been dead as a doornail for me. Freakin' sucks. But I grabbed this disc fixer a few weeks ago, then forgot about it. I really need a good disc fixer, so anybody know if this is a good one? Brand new.

tGIA7MV.jpg

#193 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1510 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:46 PM

Picked up a very clean pair of black and white Converse for $5 and a Zippo in the box with "JACK" on it for $10 at a smaller thrift store.

gElzkaI.jpg

#194 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1510 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 24 August 2019 - 10:57 PM

My turn again? Okay! Well I guess GW and I might almost be even again after today. They still had most of those more than $3/$4 games in the case. Someone bought Ninja Assault, SMB Touch And Roll, and Silent Scope. They had like 6 PS2 controllers marked $6 apiece in the case (usually these are in the electronics for $3 apiece) and a sealed copy of Sly Cooper PS2 for $55 :dunce:. The girl even asked me, "is that right?! Cant be worth that much its a PS2 game!". Said, "its really not, whoever is trying to use Ebay or Amazon to price things doesnt know what their doing.....you should probably just stick with $4 apiece for games....its a fair price for donated games".

Today was 25% off blue sticker so I grabbed a few from the case and they came out to about normal price. I walk around the store, nothing much. Hit the DVD section last.........theres like 30 games all marked the normal price! PS1-PS3, 360, Wii, couple Xbox. I was like "wtf is going on here?!". Then I saw the Xbox on a rack they pushed out and grabbed it because I have just enough extra parts to make a complete system. Halo was inside. Everything works, all the games are complete. About $50 for everything pictured.

di6mgHZ.jpg

#195 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2492 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2019 - 02:02 AM

Picked up a very clean pair of black and white Converse for $5 and a Zippo in the box with "JACK" on it for $10 at a smaller thrift store.

gElzkaI.jpg

Neither one of those seems like good deals. Maybe hobo deals. Bro a new pair of converse at all the major retailers for like $29.99 and personally I don't wear used shoes or clothing. And a $10 dollar zippo with a name on it ain't anything special either.

Honestly IMO the seller got just as good a deal as I would rather have the $15 bucks too lol. 

#196 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1851 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 26 August 2019 - 11:08 AM

I found a Dimensions board game at Savers for $2.99. It's a pain to make sure all the parts are included with board games but I took the time to check as i usually don't see it for less than $30 on Amazon. https://www.amazon.c...e/dp/B00T0GY3U8

#197 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1510 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:50 PM

Typical Needler, always seem to be negative everytime you post! Wheres your finds at?! $5 for a clean pair of Converse in my size isnt a deal?! HA OKAY DUDE! A plain Jane Zippo sells for $15. This doesnt even look used. Engraving costs money as well. My nephews name is Jack so itll probably be a gift for when hes older.

#198 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:26 AM

Can't ever find anything in thrift store's. I did have luck in a pawnshop today

Each was 2 dollars
Animal crossing wild world with case,zelda link between worlds,metroid prime hunters with case,spyro ds,kirby superstar,plantsvszombies,animal crossing 3ds

#199 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:35 PM

Found the super mario show 4 disc box set for 2 bucks at goodwill. No scratches

Pawnshop i got the other games had hyrule warroirs wiiu and super paper mario each for a dollar. He said they were scratched but they worked and only had fingerprints.

#200 pyoobez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:42 PM

Got out to the Salvation Army for the first time in over a month, haven't had any real luck lately, probably got my best haul so far this year...

Animal Crossing: City Folk for the Wii for $1.99

Powerman 5000 - Tonight The Stars Revolt! CD .59

Cadillac/Pontiac/Oldsmobile Ashtray from a Car Dealership 80 miles away for .99 (Guess this is from the early to mid 50s from the logos on it. Pontiac is the Indian head, Olds is the ringed planet and Cadillac is the crest without the wreath.)

#201 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2417 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 30 August 2019 - 04:49 PM

my first 'rare' find for a long long time:

I found a complete copy of Clock Tower 2 for $1.99 at my local thrift. 

This game went up in price over the last couple years for sure.

#202 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:16 PM

my first 'rare' find for a long long time:

I found a complete copy of Clock Tower 2 for $1.99 at my local thrift. 

This game went up in price over the last couple years for sure.

Wow. That's a hell of a find. That game's been on my list for a very long time.

Edited by Yu Narukami, 30 August 2019 - 11:16 PM.

#203 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:36 PM

Thrift stores have been dead as a doornail for me. Freakin' sucks. But I grabbed this disc fixer a few weeks ago, then forgot about it. I really need a good disc fixer, so anybody know if this is a good one? Brand new.

tGIA7MV.jpg

I have one similar to it. Good for light scratches, maybe not so much for deeper ones and gets tedious turning that hand crank. I need to bite the bullet and buy one of those $100+ ones that is automatic as I’m sure it would pay for itself relatively quickly.

#204 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1510 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 01 September 2019 - 02:45 PM

Didnt really go everyday after work so nothing since my Xbox and games pickup. I sold the Xbox for $40 on Ebay..........then it cost $39 to ship it. I almost felt like saying no and telling the guy it broke or something! I was expecting like $20 to ship! I remember shipping a heavy ass reel to reel player for $34 so it was a shock when she said $39 was cheapest! Good thing the games could cover the entire purchase!

I also FINALLY got someone to buy that Respironics CPAP machine/humidifier I bought like over a year ago. Ebay kept taking it down so its been sitting on CL and FB Marketplace. Met a local Mortgage Broker at his office and he looked it over, smelled for burning and mold/checked the airflow and time usage. It was 10 years old but only been used a total of 3 years, which is okay apparently. I said "$30?" and he didnt even hesitate since thats the same machine like 3 people in his family have and know how to fix/swap parts.

#205 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 02 September 2019 - 09:04 AM

I have one similar to it. Good for light scratches, maybe not so much for deeper ones and gets tedious turning that hand crank. I need to bite the bullet and buy one of those $100+ ones that is automatic as I’m sure it would pay for itself relatively quickly.

Yeah, I did some research on it and apparently the buffer wheel thing is designed to break/wear down after about 25 uses, so I'm going to get my $2.50 out of it ($.10 almost exactly for each disc yeah!) then junk it and buy an expensive one later on.

By the way, mine doesn't use a hand crank. It uses batteries or a standard cable to operate it. Very loud when it's working.

#206 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 02 September 2019 - 12:34 PM

From facebook bought disega Ds and naruto ds both complete in box for 30. Needed something after slow week

#207 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:01 AM

Found metal gear solid and medal of honor for 2 flipped em for 20 now trying to use 20 to buy snowboard kid's 2 from atlus

#208 gatordeve86   CAG Master CAGiversary!   1037 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

gatordeve86

Posted 04 September 2019 - 07:44 PM

Found a sealed copy of Final Fantasy X for PS2.. Black label too! Got it for a dollar
Got some skylanders to meet the $5 minimum on cards

#209 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1687 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 04 September 2019 - 10:18 PM

Some good finds at several thrift stores and a pawn shop in the last week.

Salvation Army

Xbox One Kinect

Logitech Illuminated Keyboard k740 (wired USB)

Verbatim folding Bluetooth keyboard w/ carrying case

Dell 20-inch height adjustable computer monitor

Pittsburgh Steelers blanket (for my mom)

Books

Goodwill:

32-inch Sanyo LCD HDTV

Media Cabinet

Stuffed animal owls

Mini Baseball Bat

Cork coatsers set w/ owl design

"Life is Better with a Dog" shelf/wall decoration

Da Bears! (book about their 1985 season and SB win)

Animal Humane Thrift:

History Channel Civil War: A Nation Divided (PS2)

Ebonite single bowling ball bag w/ a few accessories

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (DVD, sealed)

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief (DVD)

The Legend of Tarzan (DVD)

Books

Valley Pawn

LG Network Blu-Ray/DVD Player

Madden NFL 2005 (Gamecube)

Madden NFL 2007 (Wii, sealed)

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Wii)

Need for Speed: ProStreet (Wii)

All-Pro Football 2K8 (PS3)

#210 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   608 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 05 September 2019 - 04:46 PM

No decent game finds but picked up some old NOFX CDs for $0.50 each... "Ribbed," "White Trash...," and "Punk in Drublic."