- - - - -

2019 Thrift Store Thread -- Share Your Findings Here

#211 pyoobez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1877 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:19 PM

Got out to the big thrift store here.

They had a Wii and two PS2s (one was fat, think the other was skinny.) They were all $49.99. Hard pass.

They also had 3 girly DS games in the box and two Genesis games both 95 sports titles. One was loose and one was in the short box. Passed on all of those too.

Also had a bunch of Prima guides for $2 each. Lots of 6th gen games and some 7th. 90% of them were movie based games, though. I did see Crackdown, but passed.

My sole pick up ended up being a copy of the "WWE Book of Rules (And How to Break Them)" for 49 cents. Was tempted by Marvel Zombies but it was $3.99, so I passed.

#212 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1329 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 07 September 2019 - 09:51 PM

Not the greatest pickup but Ill take it. Yellow stickers were 75% off and they mustve missed these or didnt bother retagging them. All complete, $4.31 total. Ill probably rip them to my laptop then throw them in an Ebay bundle. They also had an original Xbox......with no controllers or cables...........but 2 games..........for $30! I dont get it, I just bought that other Xbox a couple weeks ago for $6.

coFp1If.jpg

#213 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   2006 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:04 AM

Xbox One - Elder Scrolls V Skyrim SE $6
Xbox 360 - Star Ocean Last Hope $4
Xbox 360 - Persona 4 Arena $4
DS - Professor Layton Diabolical Box $4
DS - Professor Layton Curious Village $4
N64  - Pokemon Stadium $1.21

IMG-5876-419.jpg

#214 Otherguy676   Grand Pawn Shop Champ! CAGiversary!   1264 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Otherguy676

Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:33 PM

It appears this is the pawn shop thread also. I have found cash America pawn to be exceptionally good with prices recently. I have gotten games that are still popular and recently released on the cheap. Last week was great with one I stopped in:

Breath of the wild Wii U - $5
Red dead PS4 - $10 (was supposed to be $5 but oh well)
Zelda twilight princess Wii - $2
Zelda Skyward Sword - $2
Captain America PS3 - $2 (no idea this was hard to find)
God of War PS4 - $5
Assassins creed PS4 - $5
Far cry 5 PS4 - $3
Far cry New day PS4 - $3

Another cash America has a Xbox limited edition complete halo 2 for $2 that I grabbed.

I would’ve bought more as they had god eater 3, Zelda switch, and others but they had prices and couldn’t drop them too low. There were popular Wii U games but they weren’t quite low enough. This has been a trend though this year as cash America seems to be more proactive about moving games before they are no longer popular and sit on shelves forever.

#215 Retroxcellance   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1419 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Retroxcellance

Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:29 PM

It appears this is the pawn shop thread also. I have found cash America pawn to be exceptionally good with prices recently. I have gotten games that are still popular and recently released on the cheap. Last week was great with one I stopped in:

Breath of the wild Wii U - $5
Red dead PS4 - $10 (was supposed to be $5 but oh well)
Zelda twilight princess Wii - $2
Zelda Skyward Sword - $2
Captain America PS3 - $2 (no idea this was hard to find)
God of War PS4 - $5
Assassins creed PS4 - $5
Far cry 5 PS4 - $3
Far cry New day PS4 - $3

Another cash America has a Xbox limited edition complete halo 2 for $2 that I grabbed.

I would’ve bought more as they had god eater 3, Zelda switch, and others but they had prices and couldn’t drop them too low. There were popular Wii U games but they weren’t quite low enough. This has been a trend though this year as cash America seems to be more proactive about moving games before they are no longer popular and sit on shelves forever.

Great finds, thanks for sharing. That BOTW is clutch

#216 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:27 AM

Great finds on the zelda game's.

Supposedly the yard sale at 8 has every game system.

#217 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:09 PM

Today was awesome. Breakdown of today.
N64 funtastic fire organge system with 2 nfl games and donkey kong 64.
Wiiu new in box super mario world 3d

All for 65

Flea market was mario kart wii,mario paint snes and mario galaxy and a wii mote and nunchuk for 25 altogether.

#218 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   556 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 14 September 2019 - 11:22 PM

Holy shit nice finds. No video game finds for me today, but picked up some board/card games for the family - $2 each and all complete.

Double-twelve dominos
Mhing
Jun Sasaki's Koba Jakawa
Bruno Faidutti's Masquerade
Emiliano Sciarra's Bang!

#219 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1329 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 16 September 2019 - 12:37 AM

Struck out at GW this weekend but scored at the local small thrift! Grabbed all the PS2, PSP, Wii stuff and she said "$1 apiece?". I said "thats perfect!". Then the other lady walks over and says "you interested in those little Nintendo games?". She then brings out all the DS/3DS stuff pictured. Says the local gamestore gave her $42 for what I assume was the 3DS and then offered $72 credit for the rest. Store credit was no good for her because the money was for the store. She was gonna put it on Facebook Marketplace. I asked if $60 cash would work after seeing the games included. She gladly accepted.

LIPcNji.jpgyVnPeD3.jpg5nk0VZB.jpg

#220 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted Today, 01:06 AM

My adventure today

Pawn shop
2 link's crossbow training games for wii
Glory of Hercules ds
Mario kart ds

All for 4 dollar's

Now I've been putting up ads that say i buy ds/3ds/and wiiu games. Some hit me up for legend of zelda breath of the wild. Paper mario color splash and yoshi. I asked how much he said 10 for all.