* * * * * 6 votes

Target Clearance Thread XXIV

#3301 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44310 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 15 July 2021 - 07:16 PM

It does not by default.  Tried it with 2 different digital games in the cart: neither of them got the discount.  If, as somebody said above, a rep overrode it, I'd expect that to be YMMV.

Unrelated, but for anybody wondering: doesn't look like it works on accessories.  Tried with the Series X expansion card, no discount.

Thanks, yeah i figured online it wouldn't work, but maybe some wiggle room in store.   I'll see if I can try before it expires.

#3302 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   909 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2021 - 04:13 AM

Got chat rep to discount Mario golf digital. Explained it wasn’t a listed exclusion and the cartridge copy was discounted. 

#3303 Garfitor  

Garfitor

Posted 16 July 2021 - 06:49 PM

This is about as stupidly local and specific as it gets, but the Elgin, IL Target is getting a remodel and they're clearancing a bunch of stuff in the videogame department.  Didn't see any clearance games, but a bunch of gaming-related merch was marked down, as well as tons of headsets, mechanical keyboards, mice, etc.  Joycons, Pro controllers, and Switch cases were clearanced as well, down to $56 I wanna say for Joycons, forgot what the Pro controllers were.  I got myself a pair of HyperX Cloud II for $50, and when I checked Brickseek afterwards it was the only Target in the area with them marked down.

#3304 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4871 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2021 - 07:37 PM

My mom, brother, and myself did not get the 30% coupon, but luckily my sister did. Ordered:

:ps4: Nier Replicant - $28

:ps4: Scarlet Nexus - $35

:switch: Kirby Star Allies - $31.49

My sister got Kirby and Zelda BotW for $31.49 ea.

Coupon ends tomorrow, so make sure to check your circle offers.

#3305 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   634 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 17 July 2021 - 12:22 AM

This is about as stupidly local and specific as it gets, but the Elgin, IL Target is getting a remodel and they're clearancing a bunch of stuff in the videogame department.  Didn't see any clearance games, but a bunch of gaming-related merch was marked down, as well as tons of headsets, mechanical keyboards, mice, etc.  Joycons, Pro controllers, and Switch cases were clearanced as well, down to $56 I wanna say for Joycons, forgot what the Pro controllers were.  I got myself a pair of HyperX Cloud II for $50, and when I checked Brickseek afterwards it was the only Target in the area with them marked down.

My company/dept has a location out in Elgin that I've never been to... hmmmmm maybe time to take a visit.

#3306 Sonic9jct   Wubba lubba dub dub CAGiversary!   388 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Sonic9jct

Posted 17 July 2021 - 12:06 PM

This is about as stupidly local and specific as it gets, but the Elgin, IL Target is getting a remodel and they're clearancing a bunch of stuff in the videogame department. Didn't see any clearance games, but a bunch of gaming-related merch was marked down, as well as tons of headsets, mechanical keyboards, mice, etc. Joycons, Pro controllers, and Switch cases were clearanced as well, down to $56 I wanna say for Joycons, forgot what the Pro controllers were. I got myself a pair of HyperX Cloud II for $50, and when I checked Brickseek afterwards it was the only Target in the area with them marked down.

Stupidly local and specific enough for me. Might check it out this morning to grab a pro controller or two since they're normally do expensive. Thanks for the tip!

#3307 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8597 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2021 - 12:39 PM

Still no 30% off video games coupon.

The Target Circle app is really advanced.  It can sense that I'm dead broke and really didn't need to spend any money on games anyway!  :shock:

#3308 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   1271 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2021 - 02:05 PM

Wife had the 30%, preordered AI nirvana CE and Danganronpa decadence CE as they both qualified

#3309 Vooyah   Sporadic At Best CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2021 - 02:47 PM

Wife had the 30%, preordered AI nirvana CE and Danganronpa decadence CE as they both qualified

I wish my wife was that useful. ;)

#3310 super1upqueen   Shinobi Student CAGiversary!   287 Posts   Joined 1.3 Years Ago  

super1upqueen

Posted 17 July 2021 - 06:38 PM

My mom, brother, and myself did not get the 30% coupon, but luckily my sister did. Ordered:

:ps4: Nier Replicant - $28

:ps4: Scarlet Nexus - $35

:switch: Kirby Star Allies - $31.49

My sister got Kirby and Zelda BotW for $31.49 ea.

Coupon ends tomorrow, so make sure to check your circle offers.

Oh wow, last time I checked, Nier wasn't on sale. Thanks for the heads-up! After thinking about it a bit, I'll probably pick up Scarlet Nexus and Nier. Less than $67 for two recent releases is great.

I wonder, if Nier does well enough, will they finally re-release the Drakengard games...

#3311 Sonic9jct   Wubba lubba dub dub CAGiversary!   388 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Sonic9jct

Posted 17 July 2021 - 10:51 PM

This is about as stupidly local and specific as it gets, but the Elgin, IL Target is getting a remodel and they're clearancing a bunch of stuff in the videogame department. Didn't see any clearance games, but a bunch of gaming-related merch was marked down, as well as tons of headsets, mechanical keyboards, mice, etc. Joycons, Pro controllers, and Switch cases were clearanced as well, down to $56 I wanna say for Joycons, forgot what the Pro controllers were. I got myself a pair of HyperX Cloud II for $50, and when I checked Brickseek afterwards it was the only Target in the area with them marked down.

Went and checked this out and yeah there were a ton of switch bits there. Pro controller for about $55, joy con pairs for $47, and single joycons for $27. Great if you need a left one for dpad mods. Nice finds

#3312 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   909 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2021 - 05:12 AM

PM’d mass effect to Amazon today and used the 30% off. Ended up $30 after PM, 30% off and red card. Never played any of them. 

#3313 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15749 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2021 - 06:39 AM

I mean, 30% off is a worse offer than when they have B2G1 free running. Cancel trick nets you 33% off and usually includes a lot more. I have the coupon saved and no use for it sadly. Just doesn't make much sense when I can share digital games across Xboxes now making copies essentially half off. :-?

#3314 FlawlesslyFatal  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 18 July 2021 - 07:41 AM

Prob ymmv, but there's a new $5 off $25 coupon in Target Circle offer, expire Sep 4th.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

#3315 elessar123  

Posted 18 July 2021 - 08:01 AM

I mean, 30% off is a worse offer than when they have B2G1 free running. Cancel trick nets you 33% off and usually includes a lot more. I have the coupon saved and no use for it sadly. Just doesn't make much sense when I can share digital games across Xboxes now making copies essentially half off. :-?

Things qualified for this one that the B2G1 didn't.

#3316 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8597 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2021 - 08:24 AM

Prob ymmv, but there's a new $5 off $25 coupon in Target Circle offer, expire Sep 4th.

I didn't get that one, but I do have a targeted offer for 15% off Sonia Kashuk.

I've never heard of her, but I'm hoping she makes house calls.  I've been lonely since the pandemic started.  :shock:

#3317 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 18 July 2021 - 10:26 AM

I have $10 off 50.

Plus an offer to get a $10 gift card if you spend $50 on video games and a get a $25 gift card if you spend $100 on video games. Those expire July 24.

#3318 Shad0WeN  

Shad0WeN

Posted 18 July 2021 - 05:49 PM

I didn't get that one, but I do have a targeted offer for 15% off Sonia Kashuk.

I've never heard of her, but I'm hoping she makes house calls.  I've been lonely since the pandemic started.  :shock:

Same here. They never send me anything good anymore. You would think they would with all the Switch games I've bought from them, but nope.

#3319 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11601 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2021 - 09:27 PM

Didn't see it posted, but lots of stores seem to have the 2TB Seagate Xbox Game Drive with the 1 month Game Pass on clearance for 44.99.

Grabbed one at my store to replace an aging hard drive I've been using for years.

https://www.target.c...103#lnk=sametab

The stock tracker seemed correct for my area, and Brickseek confirmed it. Though it won't let you do instore pickup for the price

#3320 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4871 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2021 - 09:44 PM

Didn't see it posted, but lots of stores seem to have the 2TB Seagate Xbox Game Drive with the 1 month Game Pass on clearance for 44.99.

BS link: https://brickseek.co...sku=056-02-0062

$63 near me, but nice for $45.

#3321 Ervgotti85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1152 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2021 - 04:03 PM

Grabbed one at my store to replace an aging hard drive I've been using for years.

The stock tracker seemed correct for my area, and Brickseek confirmed it. Though it won't let you do instore pickup for the price

Was able to get this thanks a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3322 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4382 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 27 July 2021 - 08:35 PM

Just picked one up. Store near me had four. Had a $5 off $25 in my target circle offers that stacked so that with red card for $38 is an awesome deal!

#3323 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 28 July 2021 - 08:12 PM

Struck out at the Target that had it for $44.99. The guy said there are supposed to be 2 in stock but they most likely got stolen because the system says they are out on the floor in the section where we were looking. He said there is a guy that comes with a big jacket that takes a lot of stuff. So either they really did get stolen or they are just in some random place in the store. Oh well.

#3324 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4871 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2021 - 09:25 PM

Struck out at the Target that had it for $44.99. The guy said there are supposed to be 2 in stock but they most likely got stolen because the system says they are out on the floor in the section where we were looking. He said there is a guy that comes with a big jacket that takes a lot of stuff. So either they really did get stolen or they are just in some random place in the store. Oh well.

They're locked onto the wire rack at my Target.

I wonder if the big jacket guy waited for them to drop to $45 before stealing. Maybe he didn't feel as bad as stealing $90 items.

#3325 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 28 July 2021 - 09:47 PM

They're locked onto the wire rack at my Target.

I wonder if the big jacket guy waited for them to drop to $45 before stealing. Maybe he didn't feel as bad as stealing $90+ items.

App still had them at full price. I guess they do things different at this Target. Maybe they should start locking them in a wire rack.

#3326 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4382 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 28 July 2021 - 09:57 PM

App still had them at full price. I guess they do things different at this Target. Maybe they should start locking them in a wire rack.

Does the app let you buy though? Or does it say buy in store only. I don't think the clearance price always gets updated on the app/website, which is why brickseek is a nice tool. My location had them in the glass case in the Xbox section where they have the consoles and whatnot and the employee walked it to the register. Sorry you struck out at your location!

#3327 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 28 July 2021 - 11:45 PM

Does the app let you buy though? Or does it say buy in store only. I don't think the clearance price always gets updated on the app/website, which is why brickseek is a nice tool. My location had them in the glass case in the Xbox section where they have the consoles and whatnot and the employee walked it to the register. Sorry you struck out at your location!

In store only. I know it's hit or miss with clearance stuff. For all I know, they were in the back or sitting somewhere else. I checked the HDD section and asked the guy to check the back but he showed me that his gadget says they are on the floor in the section we checked. No other Target in the area has them for $44.99 but I will check on them from time to time.

#3328 Lord_Burrito666  

Lord_Burrito666

Posted 30 July 2021 - 12:39 AM

Found WD_Black P10 3TB harddrives on sale for $32.99 at my local Target, normally $109.99. (https://www.target.c...133#lnk=sametab) 70% off. Not bad at all. Of course, the rest of the clearance in the video game accessory section was nearly all gone. Oh well. Nice score. Goes well with my new series X I got this month.

#3329 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4382 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 30 July 2021 - 12:50 AM

Found WD_Black P10 3TB harddrives on sale for $32.99 at my local Target, normally $109.99. (https://www.target.c...133#lnk=sametab) 70% off. Not bad at all. Of course, the rest of the clearance in the video game accessory section was nearly all gone. Oh well. Nice score. Goes well with my new series X I got this month.

Just checked my area and all stores but one are still full price. The one store has it at $54.99, might have to keep an eye on it. $33 is a good deal.

#3330 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8597 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2021 - 01:42 AM

Scalpers are heavy in my area now.  It doesn't help that Target and Walmart are less than a mile from each other either.