* * * * * 7 votes

Target Clearance Thread XXIV

#4351 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6548 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2022 - 04:17 PM

I had a new $10 off of $50 offer when I checked this morning and it didn't work, so I might have to see if it will work if I include higher priced games.  I rarely take part in the buy 2, get 1 free anyway since I need another video game like I need a hole in my head.

u probably have a Switch game in there. there are exclusions if u read the fine print.

#4352 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5041 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 12 June 2022 - 04:52 PM

Anyone still waiting for their order of the quarry to ship from the 30% off promo? Shows in my order as arriving June 24th, but the listing page shows it could be here much sooner.

#4353 flooderdooden  

flooderdooden

Posted 12 June 2022 - 06:59 PM

Anyone still waiting for their order of the quarry to ship from the 30% off promo? Shows in my order as arriving June 24th, but the listing page shows it could be here much sooner.

I’m guessing it varies from person to person, but my more recent experiences with Target preorders have been just like you described. Had preordered Hades for the PS5 during a similar B2G1 sale last summer, and it took almost two weeks after the game released to get it. Then later last year, I had preordered Horizon Forbidden West back when there was a coupon to save 40%, and ended up getting that game almost a week after release (which blew my mind, since the order had been made MONTHS in advance and the local store got a ton of copies day one as expected). Long story short, absent a great deal, I don’t look to Target for any future preorders.

Hope your experience proves different and good luck on getting it sooner rather than later! Also, it might not hurt to touch bases with a customer service rep to express your disappointment in your preorder showing that level of delay. Besides putting that issue on the company’s radar, the rep might give you a further courtesy credit/discount on the game. That’s what happened on my end with H:FW when I had a chat with them asking why my preordered copy was showing a 1-2 week delay while the local store had plenty of copies. They took another $10 off the purchase, which I wasn’t looking for but appreciated.

#4354 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 12 June 2022 - 07:06 PM

The $10 off worked for me on top of the b2g1 but the selection was pretty meh this time. Wondering if there’ll be new ones added throughout the week. Last of us and gif of war need to be available for pre order asap

#4355 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   1140 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 12 June 2022 - 07:07 PM

u probably have a Switch game in there. there are exclusions if u read the fine print.

It shows up with the TMNT switch game pre-order though.

#4356 DannyEndurance  

DannyEndurance

Posted 12 June 2022 - 07:08 PM

Mine said that on Friday (release date), then shipped out yesterday (Saturday). I’m in New York, if location matters. And yeah, I had it pre-ordered for a while with 30% off too. Not sure what the point of pre-ordering it was if they’re gonna send out availability warnings.

#4357 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5041 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 12 June 2022 - 09:22 PM

Mine said that on Friday (release date), then shipped out yesterday (Saturday). I’m in New York, if location matters. And yeah, I had it pre-ordered for a while with 30% off too. Not sure what the point of pre-ordering it was if they’re gonna send out availability warnings.

Okay hopefully mine ships soon. Thanks!

#4358 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6548 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2022 - 10:10 PM

It shows up with the TMNT switch game pre-order though.

maybe a Nintendo published game.

#4359 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   16145 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2022 - 02:39 AM

How in the hell are you guys finding games to buy anymore? Every time I try to even look all the new games are on Game Pass. :shock:

#4360 DavidD   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 18.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2022 - 04:11 AM

Is there an easy way to filter the list to show titles that are both part of b2g1 AND a specific platform (Nintendo Switch)?

I thought there was, but I'm failing to get the filter to work on platforms.

#4361 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2647 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Indiana Jones

Posted 13 June 2022 - 04:14 AM

Is there an easy way to filter the list to show titles that are both part of b2g1 AND a specific platform (Nintendo Switch)?

I thought there was, but I'm failing to get the filter to work on platforms.

Go to the section with all the Switch games and then filter by Deals, choosing BOGO.

https://www.target.c...-/N-p86axZ55e69

#4362 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 15 June 2022 - 04:07 AM

https://www.target.c...359#lnk=sametab

Not a video game but I was shopping for wallets and my local Target had this on clearance for $5.99 so I bought it.

#4363 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6548 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2022 - 11:47 AM

https://www.target.c...359#lnk=sametab

Not a video game but I was shopping for wallets and my local Target had this on clearance for $5.99 so I bought it.

which section do they put the wallet

#4364 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 15 June 2022 - 04:17 PM

which section do they put the wallet

I found it in the men's clothing section.

#4365 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8927 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2022 - 09:30 PM

PSA: This is a reminder that Target Circle users have less than a month to claim those freebies from Apple that they started offering last year. 

If you don't know what I'm talking about, Apple is offering 6 months of free Apple Arcade, 4 months of free Apple TV+, 4 months of free Apple Music, and 4 months of free iCloud Plus if you have Circle.  Expires 6/17/22.

https://www.target.com/circle/partners

The offer with the free Apple memberships was supposed to end on 6/17/22, but it looks like the expiration dates have been extended to 9/26/22.  I'm still going to redeem mine today once I figure out how to do it on my Apple TV.  I haven't turned it on in over 6 months. Every time I click the offers on the Target website, it won't go through.  Help?

Terms & conditions

This offer expires on 9/26/2022. Apple IDs already associated with a free trial or subscription for this service are ineligible for this offer.

#4366 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   1140 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 19 June 2022 - 03:23 PM

The offer with the free Apple memberships was supposed to end on 6/17/22, but it looks like the expiration dates have been extended to 9/26/22. I'm still going to redeem mine today once I figure out how to do it on my Apple TV. I haven't turned it on in over 6 months. Every time I click the offers on the Target website, it won't go through. Help?

Terms & conditions
This offer expires on 9/26/2022. Apple IDs already associated with a free trial or subscription for this service are ineligible for this offer.

I tried to redeem my code last week and Apple was saying the code had expired. Even Apple chat wouldn't help me. Luckily I remembered that PS5 owners get 6mo free anyways.

#4367 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3850 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 19 June 2022 - 03:51 PM

How in the hell are you guys finding games to buy anymore? Every time I try to even look all the new games are on Game Pass. :shock:

Huh? Every single new game is on Game Pass?

#4368 Bob Dole  

Bob Dole

Posted 19 June 2022 - 06:22 PM

Has anyone received emails from Target before on preorders where it says they had issues with payment and it needs updated by a certain date but it was in error?  I have received two so far today from two different preorders but when i check my account both of my preorders look fine. I know my red card is fine because i just used it a few days ago.

#4369 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   6222 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 19 June 2022 - 08:08 PM

Saw someone posted else where they got a copy of Deathloop for the PS5 for $11.99 so might be worth looking into.

#4370 skrockij89  

Posted 20 June 2022 - 03:17 AM

Has anyone received emails from Target before on preorders where it says they had issues with payment and it needs updated by a certain date but it was in error?  I have received two so far today from two different preorders but when i check my account both of my preorders look fine. I know my red card is fine because i just used it a few days ago.

There’s been a lot of spam/junk emails going out lately. I’d call to make sure everything is good.

#4371 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   992 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2022 - 03:53 AM

Huh? Every single new game is on Game Pass?

Haven't purchased a game on Xbox in 3 years. 

#4372 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8927 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2022 - 09:13 AM

This morning, I saw that I have a new offer in my Circle to get a $10 gift card with a $50 video game software purchase.

Online, it works on selected games including some first-party Nintendo Switch titles, but not all.  Digital downloads and gift cards don't qualify.  Maybe I'll use it if I can do a good price match before the end of the week.

Details

Free $10 Target Gift Card with $50 Video Game Software purchase. Excludes Sony 1st party games, digital downloads, new releases and preorders.

#4373 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13631 Posts   Joined 18.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2022 - 12:13 AM

This morning, I saw that I have a new offer in my Circle to get a $10 gift card with a $50 video game software purchase.

Online, it works on selected games including some first-party Nintendo Switch titles, but not all.  Digital downloads and gift cards don't qualify.  Maybe I'll use it if I can do a good price match before the end of the week.

Details

Free $10 Target Gift Card with $50 Video Game Software purchase. Excludes Sony 1st party games, digital downloads, new releases and preorders.

I also got this promotion and noticed it works on a large number of preorders currently.  Not as great as some of the other ones they offered (30% and 40% off comes to mind), but it'll do if I dont see any other offers.

#4374 Shad0WeN  

Shad0WeN

Posted 27 June 2022 - 05:17 PM

I also got this promotion and noticed it works on a large number of preorders currently.  Not as great as some of the other ones they offered (30% and 40% off comes to mind), but it'll do if I dont see any other offers.

WSSufh7.jpg

So I can't speak from past experience but I would be wary of doing it on a pre-order. They state that the promotional gift card isn't provisioned until the item ships or is picked up (which certainly makes sense from the standpoint of combating potential abuse), so A) you could be waiting awhile to receive it and B) what happens if there is an issue with the pre-order or it gets cancelled for any reason? These are good things to consider before jumping in and relying on a pre-order as a means to score a promotional credit.

#4375 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 30 June 2022 - 12:47 AM

I got like 3 pre order codes from target email for DNF duel wtf. I cancelled two and my copy is backordered that’s weird lol. Recently I haven’t been receiving pre order bonuses from target

#4376 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8927 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2022 - 11:22 AM

Has anyone been able to successfully get Target to price match GameStop?  I'm trying to stack a price match with my Circle gift card deal before it expires today.

#4377 flooderdooden  

flooderdooden

Posted 02 July 2022 - 12:56 PM

Has anyone been able to successfully get Target to price match GameStop?  I'm trying to stack a price match with my Circle gift card deal before it expires today.

7F721749-2879-490F-A5F2-6BA2DE9D885F.jpeg

Source for above pic here: https://target.scene...8c-b0122be2eef9.

And just for clarification, the above link comes from Target’s Price Match Policy webpage, found here: https://help.target....ery=search help

Look for the link to the full list of online competitors there (in case Customer Service tries to tell you something different).

#4378 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8927 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2022 - 03:06 PM

7F721749-2879-490F-A5F2-6BA2DE9D885F.jpeg

Source for above pic here: https://target.scene...8c-b0122be2eef9.

And just for clarification, the above link comes from Target’s Price Match Policy webpage, found here: https://help.target....ery=search help

Look for the link to the full list of online competitors there (in case Customer Service tries to tell you something different).

When I went to customer service a few months back, they swore up and down that they never price match GameStop.  Those damn liars!  :shock:

#4379 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 02 July 2022 - 04:04 PM

When I went to customer service a few months back, they swore up and down that they never price match GameStop.  Those damn liars!  :shock:

Many don’t know how to price match correctly.  There’s some place on their devices to go and I’m pretty sure it has links to all the stores they pricematch.    

#4380 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   5150 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 July 2022 - 09:31 PM

PM'd them today through online chat. Too bad the game I ordered (:switch: Tokyo Mirage Sessions for $30) wasn't one that qualified for the Circle gc. Free shipping still made it cheaper than ordering from GS.