* * * * * 7 votes

Target Clearance Thread XXIV

#4831 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5372 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2022 - 04:57 PM

I want all of mine to be poured into my casket so that I can be surrounded by them for eternity.  :oldman:

my kids can figure out what to do with all my crap. they're going to hate me lol

#4832 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5046 Posts   Joined 19.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2022 - 06:50 PM

You have me beat by a few gaming generations, but still both enlightening and scary that I am not alone in my uhm....habit lol.

It’s quite interesting to see the ‘worth’ of some of my black label GameCube games. I’ve never sold a game and collect for me, yet its fun to look from time to time. Everything I ever bought was intended to be played yet of course as you get older and have less free time, you end up buying a lot of games and playing very few. So now my rule is I only open the game/break the seal when I’m going to play it. Otherwise they stay sealed. 

#4833 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5372 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2022 - 06:54 PM

It’s quite interesting to see the ‘worth’ of some of my black label GameCube games. I’ve never sold a game and collect for me, yet its fun to look from time to time. Everything I ever bought was intended to be played yet of course as you get older and have less free time, you end up buying a lot of games and playing very few. So now my rule is I only open the game/break the seal when I’m going to play it. Otherwise they stay sealed. 

open cubivore!

#4834 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 16 November 2022 - 07:33 PM

open cubivore!

I have so many sealed games I want to play, but cannot bring myself to open them even though I have no intention of selling them. CAG life...

I was actually shocked to see a sealed Cubivore is under a thousand bucks.

#4835 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5046 Posts   Joined 19.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2022 - 08:05 PM

open cubivore!

I don’t have that. I do have black label things Luigi Mansion, Metroids, Star Fox, Pikmin. 

#4836 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   7807 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 16 November 2022 - 08:14 PM

I still remember fire emblem path of radiance going for over 700 used complete 2 or 3 years ago. Between that and p3p going for over 300 I was tempted if not for both being among my favorite games.

#4837 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 16 November 2022 - 09:35 PM

What I hate is most of the games I still have sealed most likely have expired codes inside by now. Not a fan of expiring code

#4838 Stormedtrooper   Say no to Halo. CAGiversary!   1825 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Stormedtrooper

Posted 16 November 2022 - 10:22 PM

Ditto, sooooo much ditto. Though in my case I freely admit that anymore sometimes the deal gets in the way of my best intentions to play. I don't buy games I would absolutely never play, but my standards certainly aren't consistent lol.

#4839 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5372 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2022 - 11:38 PM

Target.com's chat has gone downhill. I just had a rep tell me they don't price match an item that is "on sale"....

#4840 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3642 Posts   Joined 19.3 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 16 November 2022 - 11:46 PM

So this for me, too, Romeo. I do try to only buy games I intend to play, though as you mention, with less free time now, even that seems a sometimes meaningless limiting principle.

#4841 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1918 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 17 November 2022 - 02:12 AM

Target.com's chat has gone downhill. I just had a rep tell me they don't price match an item that is "on sale"....

Was it because it was a Black Friday sale or just a sale? They've given me that line before

#4842 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5372 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2022 - 02:21 AM

Was it because it was a Black Friday sale or just a sale? They've given me that line before

nope nothing about black friday. They said they only price match regular prices and not items that are on sale. 

#4843 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6589 Posts   Joined 19.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2022 - 03:59 AM

i remember selling Walmart Exclusive Metroid Prime sealed many years ago for about $10 on ebay. it was the wavebird bundle. i sold the game without the controller. i even messaged the guy saying he got a great deal on it. i had the starting bid for like a penny. biggest mistake ever. that was the last time i set the bid that low.

#4844 CartCollector   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 19.4 Years Ago  

CartCollector

Posted 17 November 2022 - 06:37 AM

In theory, I could PROBABLY unload a pile of older stuff for a decent price, but it seems like the sheer amount of trouble it would take to get a RELATIVELY small amount of money might not be worth it.

I mean, I could use extra money, but there isn't really an easy/safe/secure way to sell "collectible" video games without ever-growing charges.

#4845 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 17 November 2022 - 12:51 PM

In theory, I could PROBABLY unload a pile of older stuff for a decent price, but it seems like the sheer amount of trouble it would take to get a RELATIVELY small amount of money might not be worth it.

I mean, I could use extra money, but there isn't really an easy/safe/secure way to sell "collectible" video games without ever-growing charges.

You can always sell it to a local retro store, but you wouldn’t get as much as selling yourself.  It does take the hassle out of the equation.

I have noticed that my local store has been getting lot of rarer stuff in.  So it seems a lot of people are trying to unload right now.  

#4846 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   1245 Posts   Joined 18.2 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 17 November 2022 - 01:01 PM

#4847 CartCollector   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 19.4 Years Ago  

CartCollector

Posted 18 November 2022 - 05:23 AM

You can always sell it to a local retro store, but you wouldn’t get as much as selling yourself.  It does take the hassle out of the equation.

I have noticed that my local store has been getting lot of rarer stuff in.  So it seems a lot of people are trying to unload right now.  

There's also the thing of "sell tons of old, collectible video games and get a few thousand dollars" versus "just donate it to charity."  I might wait 10 years and just do that.

#4848 dchan11  

Posted 18 November 2022 - 07:15 AM

Looks like persona 5 royal is going to be 29.99 will target be able to price adjust if you did the cancel trick last week 

#4849 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   25043 Posts   Joined 18.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2022 - 04:29 PM

Anyone know if there's a way to get like... local CS (as in USA based) from Target.com? They charged me for an item from the B2G1F that I cancelled and neither chat/calling seems to understand the issue. I only have 1 item for that amount but they charged me twice. They keep saying it's a hold but it's been over 7 business days and it's still there, the India reps do not seem to understand the issue...  

#4850 Shad0WeN  

Shad0WeN

Posted 18 November 2022 - 08:34 PM

Anyone know if there's a way to get like... local CS (as in USA based) from Target.com? They charged me for an item from the B2G1F that I cancelled and neither chat/calling seems to understand the issue. I only have 1 item for that amount but they charged me twice. They keep saying it's a hold but it's been over 7 business days and it's still there, the India reps do not seem to understand the issue...  

I would say try calling Target corporate at 612-304-6073

#4851 Shad0WeN  

Shad0WeN

Posted 18 November 2022 - 08:36 PM

I'm not in the market but the Xbox Series S for $250 w/ additional $50 gift card at Target seems like a damn good deal for someone who doesn't mind a digital-only gaming console.

#4852 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9135 Posts   Joined 19.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2022 - 01:17 AM

This isn't clearance-related, but I was finally able to buy an Xbox Series X system at Target this evening and I just had to tell the story.

I had been thinking about doing the Series S deal with the free gift card, but I own a mountain of Xbox One discs, so that would have been counter-productive. 

Anyway, there were two Series X available for pick-up when I got up early this morning for work, and when I tried to buy one online for in-store pickup, the charge was declined for some reason and my bank flagged it for fraud so they blocked my account.

So, I had no Series X, I was on the phone with my bank for 20 minutes asking them to remove the block that they had put on my account, and I was almost late for work.

So, after all that, there was still one Series X available at the store when I got off from work, and I sped down there to pick it up.

I'm not even sure when I'm going to open it.  I've never spent that much in one transaction at Target or for any single gaming purchase.  But I have 30 days to think it over.  :-k

#4853 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5372 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2022 - 01:22 AM

This isn't clearance-related, but I was finally able to buy an Xbox Series X system at Target this evening and I just had to tell the story.

I had been thinking about doing the Series S deal with the free gift card, but I own a mountain of Xbox One discs, so that would have been counter-productive. 

Anyway, there were two Series X available for pick-up when I got up early this morning for work, and when I tried to buy one online for in-store pickup, the charge was declined for some reason and my bank flagged it for fraud so they blocked my account.

So, I had no Series X, I was on the phone with my bank for 20 minutes asking them to remove the block that they had put on my account, and I was almost late for work.

So, after all that, there was still one Series X available at the store when I got off from work, and I sped down there to pick it up.

I'm not even sure when I'm going to open it.  I've never spent that much in one transaction at Target or for any single gaming purchase.  But I have 30 days to think it over.  :-k

You should have signed up for a red card just to save 5%

#4854 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9135 Posts   Joined 19.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2022 - 01:25 AM

Yes, that would have taken care of the tax.

#4855 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5372 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2022 - 01:30 AM

Yes, that would have taken care of the tax.

only some of the tax here

#4856 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7540 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2022 - 04:10 AM

5% is 5%

#4857 Shad0WeN  

Shad0WeN

Posted 19 November 2022 - 05:40 AM

Or even better, get ~10% off on the console. Target always seems to run a promo the first week of December I believe (it may be only for one or two days) where they offer their own store gift cards at 10% off. And if I recall correctly the limit was $500. So you could pick up a $500 gift card for $450 and then use it on an Xbox Series X to effectively knock $50 off the price. In this case you already have the console in your possession during the extended holiday return period so you could just ask to do a return-rebuy because you want to change payment methods.

#4858 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5372 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2022 - 05:42 AM

Or even better, get ~10% off on the console. Target always seems to run a promo the first week of December I believe (it may be only for one or two days) where they offer their own store gift cards at 10% off. And I recall correctly the limit was $500. So you could pick up a $500 gift card for $450 and then use it on an Xbox Series X to effectively knock $50 off the price. In this case you already have the console during extended holiday return time so you could just ask to do a return-rebuy because you want to change payment methods.

they also had a ymmv 15% off coupon that worked on the series x and series s last month

#4859 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5372 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2022 - 05:43 AM

looks like target killed their sony sale. wonder if it went live early?

#4860 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   2382 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 19 November 2022 - 05:46 AM

Paid $362 + tax for the X after combining Target coupons. Also stocked up on Target gift cards when they were 10% off and had a credit card that gave me an extra 5% cash back. Other option is to use a gift card resale site to get Xbox credit for 10-15% off and buy direct from Microsoft.