* * * * * 5 votes

Target Clearance Thread XXIV

#661 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   746 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:20 PM

So I don't know if this is nationwide but one of my stores is clearancing some of the over the ear wireless Sony headphones. 50-75% off.

I grabbed this one for $38.98 (MSRP is $129.99). Can't speak to the quality other than I've never had problems with Sony.

https://brickseek.co...sku=008-07-0335

UCeiEvdr.jpg

Edit..I guess they are on sale for $79.99 on the website. šŸ˜

Also the other version was normally $179.99 and on clearance for $89.98.

https://brickseek.co...sku=008-07-0336

#662 elessar123  

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:45 PM

So I don't know if this is nationwide but one of my stores is clearancing some of the over the ear wireless Sony headphones. 50-75% off.

FYI, it's on ear, not over ear.

#663 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   746 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:47 PM

FYI, it's on ear, not over ear.

Potatos tomatoes. šŸ˜

Thanks...I'm an idiot with these things.

#664 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4572 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:04 PM

Potatos tomatoes.

Thanks...I'm an idiot with these things.

Believe me it's a drastic difference!

I had the beats Solo3 for a short time. They're an on ear headphone, and after a short while of listening, my ears got hot and they were uncomfortable to wear. Then I got the beats Studio3, which are over the ear as they 'cup' them. Night and day difference in comfort, as well as noise canceling, as they go around your ear and lessen ambient sound.

#665 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8889 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:09 PM

I found something kinda cool today and picked it up on a whim.  

SamsungĀ® Fast Charge Wireless Charging Convertible - Black - DPCI 080 08 2538

wireless-charging-convertible.jpg

It's a wireless charging pad; you just set your phone on it.  It worked straight out the box with my Samsung Galaxy S8+ and I needed another charger anyways.  It seems to support most recent Samsung products.  I also don't Fuck around with crappy 5Below $3 discount chargers either because they can possibly hurt your phone's battery life or cause it to overheat. 

#666 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   589 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:22 PM

It's a wireless charging pad; you just set your phone on it.  It worked straight out the box with my Samsung Galaxy S8+ and I needed another charger anyways.  It seems to support most recent Samsung products.  I also don't Fuck around with crappy 5Below $3 discount chargers either because they can possibly hurt your phone's battery life or cause it to overheat. 

Can confirm - ex-wife ruined 3 phones by using cheap 5Below chargers (and cables) that weren't sending the right charge.

All covered by warranty, but like - come on.  Just get a decent charger instead of the cheapest possible.

#667 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8889 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:24 PM

Can confirm - ex-wife ruined 3 phones by using cheap 5Below chargers (and cables) that weren't sending the right charge.

All covered by warranty, but like - come on.  Just get a decent charger instead of the cheapest possible.

wow, sorry man.  That sucks.  It's nice to actually see it confirmed in writing for once though. 

It's one of those things that modern day '19 internet truthers won't usually believe. 

#668 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   589 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 26 March 2019 - 08:32 PM

wow, sorry man.  That sucks.  It's nice to actually see it confirmed in writing for once though. 

It's one of those things that modern day '19 internet truthers won't usually believe. 

It's the risk you run with any electronic made by the lowest bidder, sadly.  And I mean, nothing against 5B overall - They carry what they get cheap - And for a lot of what they carry, it can be a bargain (licensed t-shirts, the occasional movie/video game, tons of candy...).

Just avoid the chargers and you're golden.  Fortunately no out of pocket costs, and a lesson learned.  Could have been a lot worse - at least nothing caught fire.

#669 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14850 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:56 PM

I had one direct from Samsung that stopped working for me, same phone. Have had no way to test if it was the phone or the charger TBH but it worked fine for a few months, then it seemed like there was an OS update and it just stopped working after. I used it with the case on, an otterbox, and when it stopped I tried removing it and a bunch of other things, no dice. Pisses me off cuz those things are actually really nice and convenient. Next phone I get, which I'm actually up for soon here, I can try it on the charger and depending how that goes at least I'll know which was the problem.

Oh and battery is fine, can go a few days without charging still but I charge nightly for updates anyway.

#670 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:46 AM

Went to my closest Target and found the last copy of Dynasty Warriors 9 for ps4. I wasn't really planning on buying it but for shits and giggles wanted to see what the price was. I scanned it and the screen came up blank. I asked the electronics ass. to scan it with their zebra and it said not in system. I explained to him that I had seen previous associates use the same app to review previous prices that appear in conjunction with the upc. He remained adamant that it wasn't in the system. I go to guest services. The same thing happened and when the lady asks another associate what to do she just tells her to give me the online price.....which was $39.99. I'm too sick to care. As an aside, I went to another Target further away from me earlier in the day and saw they were preparing for Inventory Day because they had a whole bunch of stuff on clearance, from motor oil to door hinges.

#671 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13607 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:27 PM

I use my Nokia Qi chargers with my Galaxy Note 8 and they work perfectly well! Got them for $5 or $10 years ago at the ATT store.

#672 SRL1  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 06:04 PM

Attack of titan 2 switch $29.98
Dynasty warrior 9 Xbox one $19.98
Vampye Xbox one $29.98
Shadow wars gold edition Xbox one $19.99

#673 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2463 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:39 PM

i abuse usb cables so i order $1 replacements off China to use with my oem wall outlet charger. Never had any issues aside sometimes the cables aren't "fast charging". they last about a year with hard use.

My targets suck, the clearance rack doesn't have clearance prices anymore just regular prices. The racks aren't even organized with the spines sticking out. they are stacked in a way you have to pull out the entire rows of games to see what's in the back.

#674 Formula65  

Formula65

Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:34 PM

Went to my closest Target and found the last copy of Dynasty Warriors 9 for ps4. I wasn't really planning on buying it but for shits and giggles wanted to see what the price was. I scanned it and the screen came up blank. I asked the electronics ass. to scan it with their zebra and it said not in system. I explained to him that I had seen previous associates use the same app to review previous prices that appear in conjunction with the upc. He remained adamant that it wasn't in the system. I go to guest services. The same thing happened and when the lady asks another associate what to do she just tells her to give me the online price.....which was $39.99. I'm too sick to care. As an aside, I went to another Target further away from me earlier in the day and saw they were preparing for Inventory Day because they had a whole bunch of stuff on clearance, from motor oil to door hinges.

If you really want it all the Walmartā€™s around me have Dynasty Warriors 9 PS4 and Xbox One for 9$

#675 Formula65  

Formula65

Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:43 PM

Attack on Titan 2 PS4 17.98$ 207-34-1803

Beast Quest PS4 5.98$ 207-34-1719

#676 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1053 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:05 PM

Attack on Titan 2 PS4 17.98$ 207-34-1803

Beast Quest PS4 5.98$ 207-34-1719

A little off-topic, but Attack on Titan for PS4 may be $19.93 in-store at Walmart as well.

#677 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8358 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:40 AM

These chargers are the best! My fiance and I received two of them when we ordered our Galaxy Note 8 phones in 2017. No issues whatsoever. I only buy/use official cables as well. Lightning Cable, Vita charging cables, Samsung OEM cables etc. It's not worth the risk of damaging your products. They're all sold out near me, but I would've picked up another one for that price.

Edit: I traded in my Note 8 for the S10+, and it still charges my phone just fine.

#678 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 28 March 2019 - 02:21 PM

Stopped by the Pacoima, CA Target last night after work and was able to pick up Attack On Titan 2 ($17.98), MudRunner ($8.98) and Vampyr ($17.98), all for PS4. I also saw but didnā€™t get :ps4: Beast Quest for $5.98 (since I got it the last time it dropped to that price) and :ps4: Evolve: Ultimate Edition, which I couldnā€™t find someone to price match for something less than the $39.99 they wanted for it.

#679 The Gray Fox  

The Gray Fox

Posted 28 March 2019 - 03:24 PM

yeesh. Vampyr is not in stock at a single store anywhere around me, at any price. is this sucker (hehe) that rare?

#680 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 29 March 2019 - 04:02 AM

yeesh. Vampyr is not in stock at a single store anywhere around me, at any price. is this sucker (hehe) that rare?

No idea, but that Target I got it from still had at least two more copies on the shelf when I left yesterday...I can stop by again tomorrow after work and grab you a copy if it's still there, if you'd like.

#681 shiningslade   Master Of Pinball CAGiversary!   800 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

shiningslade

Posted 29 March 2019 - 04:30 PM

I had one direct from Samsung that stopped working for me, same phone. Have had no way to test if it was the phone or the charger TBH but it worked fine for a few months, then it seemed like there was an OS update and it just stopped working after. I used it with the case on, an otterbox, and when it stopped I tried removing it and a bunch of other things, no dice. Pisses me off cuz those things are actually really nice and convenient. Next phone I get, which I'm actually up for soon here, I can try it on the charger and depending how that goes at least I'll know which was the problem.

Oh and battery is fine, can go a few days without charging still but I charge nightly for updates anyway.

This is $9.93 at Walmart

#682 srac84  

Posted 29 March 2019 - 04:55 PM

These chargers are the best! My fiance and I received two of them when we ordered our Galaxy Note 8 phones in 2017. No issues whatsoever. I only buy/use official cables as well. Lightning Cable, Vita charging cables, Samsung OEM cables etc. It's not worth the risk of damaging your products. They're all sold out near me, but I would've picked up another one for that price.

Edit: I traded in my Note 8 for the S10+, and it still charges my phone just fine.

yeah saw that too but on eBay they are cheaper new..same exact one not by much but they are like 20-22 dollars :p

#683 srac84  

Posted 29 March 2019 - 04:59 PM

is vampyr xbox one 29.98 a good price lol....on ebay and amazon they are the same...if it were 8.98 or something sure..but not clearance yet i guess 

#684 Touch3  

Posted 29 March 2019 - 05:03 PM

On X1, Vampyr is on Game Pass, if that helps in your calculation of worth.

#685 SRL1  

Posted 29 March 2019 - 06:38 PM

is vampyr xbox one 29.98 a good price lol....on ebay and amazon they are the same...if it were 8.98 or something sure..but not clearance yet i guess

Wish it was $8.98 and lower.

#686 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4424 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2019 - 07:00 PM

Not a good price. It's on Game Pass now for Xbox One and I believe it's been around $20 a few times now as well. I'd love to get it for $10 or less. 

#687 srac84  

Posted 30 March 2019 - 10:28 PM

yep vampyr will be on game pass...you know i got game pass this year and its pretty awesome .. hellblade hitman vampyr marvel vs capcom ultimate..shadow of the tr just cause 4 forza..list goes on an on i wish playstation would do something similar id probably stop buying so many games lol and just do subscriptions .. :) definately renewing my game pass during the holidays again this year if its 50 dollars againinstead of the usual 120

#688 SRL1  

Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:11 PM

I like game pass but only few titles stands out.

#689 Zantra  

Posted 31 March 2019 - 07:39 PM

I got Beast Quest for 42 cents, after using some free gift cards that I had saved up using the Shopkick app. It's an okay game, I wouldn't recommend paying more than $10 for it though. As it's just a remake of a free Smartphone game. And, the smartphone version has a lot more content.

#690 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1403 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2019 - 12:02 AM

Tennis World Tour down to 11.98 (PS4).