* * * * * 5 votes

Target Clearance Thread XXIV

#2461 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2416 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Indiana Jones

Posted 29 March 2020 - 08:01 PM

doom is only $40?

No, if you buy three $60 games that qualify for the sale, that comes out to $40 each.

#2462 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   811 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:52 PM

No, if you buy three $60 games that qualify for the sale, that comes out to $40 each.

...and if your not satisfied with the other 2 before opening them, you can always return them for the prorated amount..leaving that 1 doom game at $40.

#2463 Twisted Metal  

Twisted Metal

Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:57 PM

...and if your not satisfied with the other 2 before opening them, you can always return them for the prorated amount..leaving that 1 doom game at $40.

From Target's website. "As of March 26, all Target stores will stop accepting returns and exchanges for three weeks, through April 16. We know some guests might want to make a return or exchange during that time frame. To accommodate those cases, we’re extending our return policy by three weeks after April 16."

https://corporate.ta...32520updateThel

#2464 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1734 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 29 March 2020 - 11:18 PM

From Target's website. "As of March 26, all Target stores will stop accepting returns and exchanges for three weeks, through April 16. We know some guests might want to make a return or exchange during that time frame. To accommodate those cases, we’re extending our return policy by three weeks after April 16."

https://corporate.ta...32520updateThel

To work around that issue, place an order for Doom and 2 other games that are the same price. Immediately go to the order page and cancel the other two games. You need to do this immediately or the order will start preparing to and you will no longer be able to cancel.
For past sales, I have been able to add preorders of games of similar value for the b2g1 but there aren't any preorders other the p5 steelbook. Not even in the board games either

#2465 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   811 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 29 March 2020 - 11:23 PM

Or you can just hold on to the games until you can return them. Assuming you can float the cost.

#2466 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5913 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 30 March 2020 - 12:40 AM

or people can just not try to work the system

#2467 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 30 March 2020 - 12:48 AM

I don't know about you guys but I have a giant ass backlog of games that I can just play and I feel like maybe games aren't important things to buy during a global pandemic but that's just me.

#2468 SRL1  

Posted 30 March 2020 - 02:07 AM

I don't know about you guys but I have a giant ass backlog of games that I can just play and I feel like maybe games aren't important things to buy during a global pandemic but that's just me.

Me too but apparently it’s somebody’s “birthday” I got to get them something. Hell, I don’t even celebrate my own birthday. Too much backlog from previous clearance.

#2469 Zantra  

Posted 30 March 2020 - 03:50 AM

Me too but apparently it’s somebody’s “birthday” I got to get them something. Hell, I don’t even celebrate my own birthday. Too much backlog from previous clearance.

If you figure out how to successfully celebrate a birthday during the quarantine, let me know. My birthday is coming up in May, and all of my plans went out the window.

#2470 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 30 March 2020 - 03:52 AM

I mean it would be a “good deal” for u guys if FF Remake is eligible. At least RE3 remake is eligible but currently oos. Well Nioh 2 is eligible. Persona 5 is eligible. Yakuza collection is eligible. Sorry I’m just naming the PS exclusives. MK11 is eligible, death stranding CE, even my hero academia 2 which came out recently, SFV Champion.

I mean I wish Cyyberpunk, last of us 2, ghost of Tsushima, etc were eligible but gotta be content with them giving us pre orders sometimes.

#2471 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   692 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2020 - 04:18 AM

This isn’t working the system. It very clearly states the return value of each game on the receipt. 

There is nothing squirrelly about it. 

#2472 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 30 March 2020 - 04:40 AM

If you figure out how to successfully celebrate a birthday during the quarantine, let me know. My birthday is coming up in May, and all of my plans went out the window.

My birthday is April 16th and my second daughter is due to be born five short days later (my wife has a C-section scheduled for April 21st), so I get the double whammy of not only being alone for my special day, but not getting to be there for my daughter during her birth! Oh, and I just lost my mom to leukemia back in January on my parents’ 38th wedding anniversary...2020 has definitely sucked the big one thus far.

#2473 Zantra  

Posted 30 March 2020 - 05:12 AM

My birthday is April 16th and my second daughter is due to be born five short days later (my wife has a C-section scheduled for April 21st), so I get the double whammy of not only being alone for my special day, but not getting to be there for my daughter during her birth! Oh, and I just lost my mom to leukemia back in January on my parents’ 38th wedding anniversary...2020 has definitely sucked the big one thus far.

Damn, I'm super sorry to hear that. I just lost my step grandmother to Coronavirus, so I feel your pain.

#2474 Shad0WeN  

Shad0WeN

Posted 30 March 2020 - 06:02 AM

It's really not. Target has done it this way for years (splitting the discount across the items in such promos) purposely so that one or more can be returned without necessarily having to return them all.

#2475 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4428 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2020 - 11:38 AM

Saw a couple of copies of Judgement at my local Target for $17.98. I already have a copy, but solid deal for a great game. 

#2476 SRL1  

Posted 30 March 2020 - 11:46 AM

Saw a couple of copies of Judgement at my local Target for $17.98. I already have a copy, but solid deal for a great game.

Not a single copy at my store, apparently they don’t carry that game in my store. At the same time, too afraid going outside.

#2477 pplcallmeGOD   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   194 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

pplcallmeGOD

Posted 30 March 2020 - 10:54 PM

Can someone confirm that the cancel method to get new releases for $40 is still working? I just got a notification that the RE3 order I placed during the last B2G1 has shipped and they charged my card $53 rather than the $43 I was expecting.

#2478 Lithium Flower   Just about to bloom CAG in Training   38 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

Lithium Flower

Posted 30 March 2020 - 11:09 PM

That does seem like a great deal. Working through Yakuza 6 at the moment and I've been hesitant to pick up Judgment since I'm still saddled with the original PS4 and performance when exploring Kamurocho in 6 hasn't been great... Really bad time to upgrade to the Pro with the PS5 around the corner. Wish the PC ports had been a higher priority - Kiwami 2 on PC was fantastic.

#2479 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 30 March 2020 - 11:09 PM

Can someone confirm that the cancel method to get new releases for $40 is still working? I just got a notification that the RE3 order I placed during the last B2G1 has shipped and they charged my card $53 rather than the $43 I was expecting.

Did u place an order for 3 copies then cancelled 2, within a minute of placing the order? Last time I did it with my hero academia 2, once I received the game the price updated to $50 but was supposed to be $40 or $44. I checked my target redcard statement and it showed $44 while it stayed $50 on target app. Check ur statement to see how much you’re actually charged

#2480 pplcallmeGOD   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   194 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

pplcallmeGOD

Posted 30 March 2020 - 11:53 PM

Did u place an order for 3 copies then cancelled 2, within a minute of placing the order? Last time I did it with my hero academia 2, once I received the game the price updated to $50 but was supposed to be $40 or $44. I checked my target redcard statement and it showed $44 while it stayed $50 on target app. Check ur statement to see how much you’re actually charged

Yeah I canceled the other two within a few minutes. Can't find anything on my RedCard statement yet, but I'll be sure to keep checking.

#2481 mdm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   267 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2020 - 12:24 AM

Only corporations should be able to work the system, obey your corporate masters CAG!

#2482 Sindur   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   373 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2020 - 01:55 AM

I think the difference in price is due to the fact that Target's current price for re3 is $10 less than what it was when the first b2g1 promo was active in Jan.

If you look at the discounts on your order page it likely doesn't add up correctly, even though it shows all the correct discounts (b2g1, red card 5% if you used one).

#2483 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 31 March 2020 - 03:46 AM

I just noticed I messed up with my persona 5 order. It’s showing regular version not steelbook but I’m sure it was steelbook I put in my car. Mine’s backordered what about I guys

#2484 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4656 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2020 - 02:34 PM

I just noticed I messed up with my persona 5 order. It’s showing regular version not steelbook but I’m sure it was steelbook I put in my car. Mine’s backordered what about I guys

If I'm not mistaken, ALL copies are steelbooks. That's how the original release was handled.

#2485 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4428 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2020 - 05:08 PM

If I'm not mistaken, ALL copies are steelbooks. That's how the original release was handled.

Pretty sure this is true for the initial print run just like the original Persona 5. I am tight on funds right now due to losing my job last week, but I am tempted to buy Persona 5 Royale anyway despite having just bought Doom Eternal and Animal Crossing. 

Maybe if I find myself at Target for 'supplies' I will just have to pick it up.

#2486 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6651 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 31 March 2020 - 06:42 PM

Pretty sure this is true for the initial print run just like the original Persona 5. I am tight on funds right now due to losing my job last week, but I am tempted to buy Persona 5 Royale anyway despite having just bought Doom Eternal and Animal Crossing. 

Maybe if I find myself at Target for 'supplies' I will just have to pick it up.

It is back in stock at amazon right now for $49.94

https://smile.amazon...deogames&sr=1-1

#2487 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 31 March 2020 - 06:42 PM

I walked instore and found a few steelbooks at one store and another store with no copies at all. I guess everything is steelbook for now. It’s just weird how mine got backordered and switched to regular version a few hours of placing the order as soon as the b2g1 promo started

#2488 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:10 AM

Btw anyone know if the discount you get on one game after you cancel 2 with b2g1 depends on ur reason for cancellation? I’m guessing it’s the same regardless of what the cancellation reason is but it just makes me uncomfortable seeing a high price charge for a long time until the game finally ships or arrives

#2489 Jurai  

Posted 01 April 2020 - 01:41 PM

Btw anyone know if the discount you get on one game after you cancel 2 with b2g1 depends on ur reason for cancellation? I’m guessing it’s the same regardless of what the cancellation reason is but it just makes me uncomfortable seeing a high price charge for a long time until the game finally ships or arrives

Don't matter

#2490 Sindur   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   373 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2020 - 01:45 PM

I'm pretty sure that's due to the fact that the order is still calculating tax on if you were still buying two and not just the one.

In my experience this always corrects itself when the item ships.