* * * * * 6 votes

Target Clearance Thread XXIV

#2551 Jurai  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:29 PM

My area isn't a hot zone by any means, we only have 14 verified cases of Covid 19, and I still got sick. I'm #15. And, about 6 of the people to get it in my town have died so far.

Yikes hope you recover ok

#2552 Zantra  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:23 PM

Yikes hope you recover ok

Me too. I've never been this sick before, and it really sucks.

#2553 SRL1  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:06 PM

May I ask, do you live in a hot zone? Originally my locale was thought to be one though fortunately that turned out not to be the case.

NYC.

#2554 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4669 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:09 PM

NYC.

Understandable. I’m not too far from NYC, just over the border in PA. Thankfully my direct area isn’t bad though I constantly see NJ and NY license plates all around me. 

#2555 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:12 PM

My area isn't a hot zone by any means, we only have 14 verified cases of Covid 19, and I still got sick. I'm #15. And, about 6 of the people to get it in my town have died so far.

Geez...get well soon, Zantra.

#2556 Zantra  

Posted 22 May 2020 - 07:41 PM

Geez...get well soon, Zantra.

I've been sick about a month and a half so far. It's stayed in my system for a really long time, and I have good days and bad days. They won't let me go to the hospital unless I spike a fever of 110 or more. My highest fever was 104.6, three weeks ago. So, I'm hoping to be better soon.

#2557 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4669 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 01:21 AM

I've been sick about a month and a half so far. It's stayed in my system for a really long time, and I have good days and bad days. They won't let me go to the hospital unless I spike a fever of 110 or more. My highest fever was 104.6, three weeks ago. So, I'm hoping to be better soon.

I thought anything above 102F is "get to a hospital ASAP". 110F is unheard of to me.

#2558 Zantra  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 01:32 AM

Our hospital lacks the capacity to treat everybody with the virus. And, they don't really want poor people there with no health insurance. Is what I'm taking away from it. They told me that there was nothing that they could do for me, and I had to either be suffocating to death, dying, or have a temperature of 110 or more for them to let me have a respirator and a hospital bed.

#2559 crackadon  

crackadon

Posted 23 May 2020 - 01:45 AM

Our hospital lacks the capacity to treat everybody with the virus. And, they don't really want poor people there with no health insurance. Is what I'm taking away from it. They told me that there was nothing that they could do for me, and I had to either be suffocating to death, dying, or have a temperature of 110 or more for them to let me have a respirator and a hospital bed.

Wow, this is heavy. Please stay strong, Zantra. I'll be praying for you.

#2560 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   524 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 02:33 AM

I thought anything above 102F is "get to a hospital ASAP". 110F is unheard of to me.

because 110 is death...

#2561 JustinSaneV2  

JustinSaneV2

Posted 23 May 2020 - 01:37 PM

Well you're dead at that point if you have a fever that high so it sounds like they're basically telling you to frig off.

#2562 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7693 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:43 PM

^Panic level is 104 here... but yea, if I hit 104 I know how unable to do shit I am... and how miserable it is. Couldn't imagine 110.

#2563 Zantra  

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:56 PM

Yeah, it's been a super rough time, and I was in pretty good physical shape before this started, now I feel like I'm 100 years old. I can barely move without feeling exhausted, and I have weird bruises all over my body.

#2564 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1186 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2020 - 11:36 PM

Wiiise fwom yo gwaaaave!

Found some Anker Powercore 10,000 PD batteries for $14.99 today at my Target. Springfield, IL

#2565 GtoTheNextLevel  

GtoTheNextLevel

Posted 17 June 2020 - 10:08 PM

Wiiise fwom yo gwaaaave!

Found some Anker Powercore 10,000 PD batteries for $14.99 today at my Target. Springfield, IL

Do you have a DPCI for it?

#2566 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2020 - 04:12 AM

Do you have a DPCI for it?

Would be great. Can’t find on the site. 

#2567 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 19 June 2020 - 05:17 AM

Was able to get Batman Beyond Blu-Ray Collection for $35 by price matching Amazon and combining it with the 15% off Target Circle Coupon.

#2568 deadtrees   ... CAGiversary!   360 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2020 - 01:29 AM

:ps4:
Doom $19.99 -> $9.98 207-34-1212
Fallout 4 (base game) $19.99 -> $9.98 207-34-0140

:xb1:
Doom $19.99 -> $9.98 207-32-1212
Star Wars Battlefront $19.99 -> $9.98 207-32-0123
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare $19.99 -> $9.98 207-32-0048

#2569 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2725 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:30 PM

I live in a weird area, it's pretty rural but we live directly in between bigger cities and tourist towns so we get a lot of through traffic.  Here, for the most part, we all wear masks indoors but not outdoors and follow the signs/lines at checkouts and stuff but other than that we've mostly got on like normal (except for the first few weeks when everybody panicked) so we've been lucky.  Our only real outbreak was within the chicken factories but that was very isolated within certain communities.  

Crazy situation for sure, I think a lot of us around here are just trying to follow the facts/statistics without being reckless.  Unfortunately, like most things, facts are getting lost and statistics are being twisted.  I know a lot of people though who just...well, let's just say they are people I'd trust...and they are VERY scared, not about the virus but just about where the world/the US is headed.  Usually doesn't bother me, but enough people have been on my case I've even started prepping a bit myself "just in case".

#2570 Biggzy32   Let's fight like gentlemen! CAGiversary!   1074 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:46 PM

I live in a weird area, it's pretty rural but we live directly in between bigger cities and tourist towns so we get a lot of through traffic. Here, for the most part, we all wear masks indoors but not outdoors and follow the signs/lines at checkouts and stuff but other than that we've mostly got on like normal (except for the first few weeks when everybody panicked) so we've been lucky. Our only real outbreak was within the chicken factories but that was very isolated within certain communities.

Crazy situation for sure, I think a lot of us around here are just trying to follow the facts/statistics without being reckless. Unfortunately, like most things, facts are getting lost and statistics are being twisted. I know a lot of people though who just...well, let's just say they are people I'd trust...and they are VERY scared, not about the virus but just about where the world/the US is headed. Usually doesn't bother me, but enough people have been on my case I've even started prepping a bit myself "just in case".

Yeah, now is a good time to stock up on guns and ammo. All this looting and riots BS is ridiculous. The US has gone full blown stupid.

#2571 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1186 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2020 - 04:52 PM

Would be great. Can’t find on the site.

Shit, sorry, folks; just saw this. 080 08 7577.

That said, I posted this on Reddit as well, and I couldn't find it on Target or Brickseek either when I initially posted it.

#2572 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6874 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:28 PM

Yeah, now is a good time to stock up on guns and ammo. All this looting and riots BS is ridiculous. The US has gone full blown stupid.

Not the first time the U.S. or other countries have had riots. It's expected when you have large crowds. In majority of cases, looting is always temporary. Even in the U.S. now, places aren't being looted daily despite protest continuing. Definitely protect yourself though, but you'll likely be fine.

#2573 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3797 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 28 June 2020 - 02:14 AM

Yeah, it's been a super rough time, and I was in pretty good physical shape before this started, now I feel like I'm 100 years old. I can barely move without feeling exhausted, and I have weird bruises all over my body.

Were you wearing a mask and social distancing? Just wondering about my chances, even though I go almost nowhere.

#2574 Zantra  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 04:43 AM

Were you wearing a mask and social distancing? Just wondering about my chances, even though I go almost nowhere.

I caught it three months ago, from my mom back when information was still vague, and they weren't sure what would protect you from it. She got really sick, and I had to take care of her, as I am her caregiver already, because she is disabled. And, I caught it from her. Luckily it had a pretty weak effect on her, but it must have mutated at some point or something, because it's been ravaging my body and my health for three months now, with no signs of disappearing.

#2575 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 06:36 AM

I caught it three months ago, from my mom back when information was still vague, and they weren't sure what would protect you from it. She got really sick, and I had to take care of her, as I am her caregiver already, because she is disabled. And, I caught it from her. Luckily it had a pretty weak effect on her, but it must have mutated at some point or something, because it's been ravaging my body and my health for three months now, with no signs of disappearing.

Probably doesn’t seem like it but if you are not in the hospital with it consider yourself lucky. See patients every day on ventilators and having to have a machine to oxygenate their blood because their lungs are filled with fluid. 

you are fortunate. 

#2576 Zantra  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:46 PM

Probably doesn’t seem like it but if you are not in the hospital with it consider yourself lucky. See patients every day on ventilators and having to have a machine to oxygenate their blood because their lungs are filled with fluid. 

you are fortunate.

I never said that I wasn't. And, I have explained previously that I tried to go to the hospital, and they have rejected me. They told me they wouldn't take me unless I was about to die.

#2577 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 28 June 2020 - 09:10 PM

I never said that I wasn't. And, I have explained previously that I tried to go to the hospital, and they have rejected me. They told me they wouldn't take me unless I was about to die.

I don't think it has to have mutated. It can just affect people very differently, depending on blood type, etc.. not even known for sure yet. 

Maybe your hospital is overwhelmed, or just bad or refusing you if you can't pay, but I think the criteria to be hospitalized is difficulty breathing and proof with low oxygen levels.  If you don't have low oxygen levels, there would be no need for a ventilator and not much they would do if they did admit you.  Since it has been thought it may be a vascular disease with weird clotting (which is probably what is causing your bruises), I would be more concerned about possible vascular effects.

#2578 Zantra  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 10:40 PM

I don't think it has to have mutated. It can just affect people very differently, depending on blood type, etc.. not even known for sure yet. 

Maybe your hospital is overwhelmed, or just bad or refusing you if you can't pay, but I think the criteria to be hospitalized is difficulty breathing and proof with low oxygen levels.  If you don't have low oxygen levels, there would be no need for a ventilator and not much they would do if they did admit you.  Since it has been thought it may be a vascular disease with weird clotting (which is probably what is causing your bruises), I would be more concerned about possible vascular effects.

They told me that they aren't accepting anybody to the hospital with a fever of lower than 104 degrees.

#2579 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:47 AM

They told me that they aren't accepting anybody to the hospital with a fever of lower than 104 degrees.

I am a physician. If they told you that then that is nonsense. There are criteria for hospital admittance. Predominantly based on breathing and how well you are oxygenating you’re blood. Other things can play a factor as well but no hospital is basing admissions solely on fever. 

You should find a different hospital if that’s what they told you. 

#2580 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1021 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:05 AM

I am a physician. If they told you that then that is nonsense. There are criteria for hospital admittance. Predominantly based on breathing and how well you are oxygenating you’re blood. Other things can play a factor as well but no hospital is basing admissions solely on fever. 

You should find a different hospital if that’s what they told you. 

I work in dialysis and the nephrologists that I work described how numerous COVID patients developed kidney failure as a side effect.  I would recommend getting a work up from your PCP asap.  Just like scottsman mentioned, you might have some signs and symptoms of vascular disease developing.