* * * * * 5 votes

Target Clearance Thread XXIV

#2581 Zantra  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:28 AM

I live in an extremely small town, and they are our only hospital. And, they filled up with Covid 19 patients about a month ago. I'm just trying to rest, and take it as easy as I can. But, I do feel like microwaved dog shit most days, and like I was run over by a truck on other days.

#2582 Zantra  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 06:26 AM

Not a store related clearance deal, but the online store for Target has got some decent clearance deals lately, as far as toys go. And, they seem to be clearancing out some Tamagotchi. Which are like a video game.

#2583 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4643 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:32 AM

Was surprised to see a last of us 2 CE as an online item for $119 in a store yesterday. It was locked in a cabinet where consoles are normally kept. 

#2584 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:50 AM

Was surprised to see a last of us 2 CE as an online item for $119 in a store yesterday. It was locked in a cabinet where consoles are normally kept.

What does that usually mean? Thought they wouldn’t even sell them instore. Is it basically a return?

#2585 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4643 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:56 AM

What does that usually mean? Thought they wouldn’t even sell them instore. Is it basically a return?

I believe so. It looked to be in mint condition and not opened.  Probably some scum that bought it with the intent to flip then realized they couldn’t so they returned it to a store. 

#2586 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6812 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:43 PM

It's a customer return done in store. They ordered it online, returned in store. The store could ship it back but it's a hassle so they just mark it down to sell in store. This is usually only done for items that aren't supposed to be sold in stores (usually due to size or availability).

#2587 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 01 July 2020 - 12:22 AM

It's a customer return done in store. They ordered it online, returned in store. The store could ship it back but it's a hassle so they just mark it down to sell in store. This is usually only done for items that aren't supposed to be sold in stores (usually due to size or availability).

Damn wow I guess it’s always a good thing to check stores anyway lol. Great price for that CE with redcard too

#2588 Zantra  

Posted 05 July 2020 - 07:03 AM

The big summer toy clearance starts today in stores (and probably online). A huge number of toys will be on clearance up to 50% off starting today when your local store opens.

#2589 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 05 July 2020 - 07:56 AM

Just letting u guys know before it gets to SD. U can get The last of Us Collectors edition for $119 before tax with select game pre order.

I pre ordered Mafia remaster since I’ll play that day one anyway. Games like Yakuza 7 that are coming to ps5, I chose not to pre order for ps4

#2590 teddybass   Minor Threat CAGiversary!   253 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2020 - 09:05 PM

Do they still have those preorder cards in store where you can pay $1 for the preorder to get the 30% discount?

or do you have to prepay full price on the game that your are preordering to get the 30% discount?

#2591 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 05 July 2020 - 10:18 PM

Do they still have those preorder cards in store where you can pay $1 for the preorder to get the 30% discount?

or do you have to prepay full price on the game that your are preordering to get the 30% discount?

I’ll actually try to check instore today. I do wanna check if they have this game I want instock that’s not available online anymore

Just checked, no reservation cards except nba 2k19 cards which already come out lol. Only add on content cards so I guess it’s an online only thing.

#2592 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7842 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2020 - 02:40 AM

Not a clearance deal, but the Sega Genesis Mini is still on sale for $39.99 on Target.com until midnight.  

https://www.target.c...le/-/A-54602693

I had a $10 gift card from the prepaid phone card deal that happened last week and almost $4 in Circle Rewards, so I got one for $28.03 with tax included.

I enjoy hacking these things more than I enjoy playing most modern games.

#2593 Zantra  

Posted 07 July 2020 - 03:08 AM

I'd jump on that deal if I didn't just get the Genesis collection for my Switch for $11. Which comes with more games than this has. I'm not great at hacking things, so I'll probably just stick with my AtGames handheld which automatically plays almost every Sega Genesis game off of a memory card.

#2594 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   690 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2020 - 04:37 AM

I'd jump on that deal if I didn't just get the Genesis collection for my Switch for $11. Which comes with more games than this has. I'm not great at hacking things, so I'll probably just stick with my AtGames handheld which automatically plays almost every Sega Genesis game off of a memory card.

Simple as can be to hack it. Literally uses a single program installed on PC.  Video is for SNES mini but uses same program for nes and genesis. 

https://www.youtube....o&feature=share

#2595 Zantra  

Posted 07 July 2020 - 04:53 AM

Yeah, I'm like one of the only people on Earth that doesn't own a PC. My Laptop broke a few years ago, and I never replaced it when I got my smartphone and an Amazon Fire Tablet.

#2596 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7842 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:12 AM

I have one of those AtGames handhelds!  The battery swelled, it stopped working, and I never went back to it.  I'm hoping to someday find a compatible battery in a cheap prepaid cellphone and play with it again.  But that's on my list of things to do...to waste more valuable time.  8-[

#2597 Zantra  

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:50 AM

I have one of those AtGames handhelds! The battery swelled, it stopped working, and I never went back to it. I'm hoping to someday find a compatible battery in a cheap prepaid cellphone and play with it again. But that's on my list of things to do...to waste more valuable time. 8-[

I believe I have one of the older models with replaceable batteries. I don't think that mine has a rechargable one in there. I could be wrong though. I bought mine back in 2015 or 2016.

#2598 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5909 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 08 July 2020 - 12:36 AM

On top of Fallout 4 and DOOM I did see two more games for $9.98

Assassins Creed Unity PS4 

Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 XB1

#2599 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 09 July 2020 - 04:00 AM

I wonder if Unity still has all those glitches even all these years later. The reason I never bought it was because of that.

#2600 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1757 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 09 July 2020 - 04:48 AM

I wonder if Unity still has all those glitches even all these years later. The reason I never bought it was because of that.

Finished AC Unity couple months ago, seems fine to me. The only problem I encountered is poorly designed UI for co-op, at one point my game session stuck searching for co-op with no way to abort. I had to close and restart the game from the XMB.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

#2601 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7842 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2020 - 11:01 AM

The clearance deals were so bad at my local Target last night that I bought shoes.

At Target. 

#2602 Zantra  

Posted 09 July 2020 - 11:03 AM

The clearance deals were so bad at my local Target last night that I bought shoes.

At Target.

My store actually has pretty good shoes. My Walmart, not so much.

#2603 SRL1  

Posted 09 July 2020 - 11:38 AM

They got some good work shoes.

#2604 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7842 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:48 PM

They got some good work shoes.

I just meant that clearancing a bunch of four or five year old PS4 and Xbox One games at $9.98 each is nothing to write home about.

#2605 2nahelper   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   94 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

2nahelper

Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:35 PM

The last 2 pairs of shoes I bought from Target nearly killed me. They both pretty much fell apart within a week, so I had to buy better shoes anyway. The last pair gave me a huge blister & callus so painful that I was nearly hobbled. This lesson was learned a few years ago, perhaps the quality improved, so YMMV.

#2606 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1722 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:39 PM

The last 2 pairs of shoes I bought from Target nearly killed me. They both pretty much fell apart within a week, so I had to buy better shoes anyway. The last pair gave me a huge blister & callus so painful that I was nearly hobbled. This lesson was learned a few years ago, perhaps the quality improved, so YMMV.

30 Helens agree, You can't pay too much for a good pair of shoes 

#2607 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 11 July 2020 - 03:26 AM

I got a comfy pair of Sketchers walking shoes for $11.98 a few months back and I’ve worn them pretty much everyday since then with no issues. They’ve even got that fancy memory foam insert that makes you feel like you’re walking on air!

#2608 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 11 July 2020 - 03:29 AM

I got a comfy pair of Sketchers walking shoes for $11.98 a few months back and I’ve worn them pretty much everyday since then with no issues. They’ve even got that fancy memory foam insert that makes you feel like you’re walking on air!

At Target?

#2609 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5347 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 11 July 2020 - 04:06 AM

I like the fila's at kohls.  Cheap at usually around 23$ though the last pair I got on sale for 14.50.  Very comfortable.  As are the socks which I get through biglots for like 3-5$ for 6-13 pairs. 

#2610 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   690 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2020 - 05:39 AM

cheapassclothiers.com