* * * * - 25 votes

XBL Deals - 2019

#3511 Inriri   Kung Fu Skeleton CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:42 PM

Apparently Phoenix Wright is out in Japan already, I saw someone post a screenshot downloading it and it had an English title so maybe it has English already. Probably not worth figuring out the currency and risking it not being translated I guess. Appears to be $30, but as far as I know they didn't give a hard date for the West yet.

https://www.microsof...vot:overviewtab

The Switch version has English text. I'd be surprised if the Xbox version didn't either because that would require effort on Capcom's part.

#3512 BottleRocket  

BottleRocket

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:48 PM

Not so sure I agree with this. Tweaks, yes. But night and day? Not really. And I personally don’t feel the combat in Origins is bad at all. Haven’t had any real frustrations.
But to each their own.

To each their own, indeed. Odyssey's combat feels fluid, while Origins feels sluggish. The aspects that are night and day to me are the combat and the story elements. I'm having fun with the combat in Odyssey, which is something that never happened for me with Origins. I really wanted to like it, because I loved the setting. The world was beautiful with the potential of so much lore to explore. For the story, I cared less and less as more was revealed.

With Odyssey, the combat and story have me wanting to keep playing. The complete opposite of Origins. Hence night and day. Regardless, we all like different things in games, so it's good to get different opinions from different people. 

#3513 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3031 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:06 PM

I know some folks were waiting for these to go up due to some credit expiring:

#3514 PageAndScreen   Assassin's Creed Fantatic CAGiversary!   200 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

PageAndScreen

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:14 PM

The Switch version has English text. I'd be surprised if the Xbox version didn't either because that would require effort on Capcom's part.

According to people on TrueAchievements, the English version downloads if you buy it from the Japanese store. If I could buy it on my main account instead of having to create a Japanese account, I’d do it lol

#3515 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2736 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:41 PM

I know some folks were waiting for these to go up due to some credit expiring:

not surprising, but not a fan of the prices 

#3516 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4407 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:20 PM

At least we are getting some new features according to the description on the trailer for XII.

We've added all-new features to the Nintendo Switch and Xbox One versions:
- License (job) reset function - Customize the jobs of your party as you desire, to match whatever situation you're in.
- Gambit sets now increased to three sets from one
- Improved New Game +, now you can carry over items that were obtained in a previous play-through.
- Up to 60 FPS Capability (ONLY AVAILABLE ON XBOX ONE X VERSION)

#3517 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9810 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:25 PM

- Up to 60 FPS Capability (ONLY AVAILABLE ON XBOX ONE X VERSION)

This is awesome and makes me more likely to double dip.

#3518 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11116 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:33 PM

Oh how I loved Hexic. Probably one of my most played games on the 360 lol

I understood what you meant.  There are people who buy systems because they are able to give you access to games with better graphics and more processing power, but often the games that you play the most are the ones that are pretty basic.  I have played Spelunky more times than I can count, yet I have an Xbox One with games such as Fallout 4, Far Cry 4, and The Witcher 3 on it that have only been played for less than a hour each.  

Hexic HD was the first game I played on my :360: in glorious HD.  We walked into Fry's wanting to buy a new toaster or something and we walked out after spending ~$2700 on a 57" Samsung DLP.  Worth it.

not surprising, but not a fan of the prices 

The only reason I am jumping on X/X-2 immediately is because I have enough of that expiring credit to cover most of the price.  XII, however, will have to wait.

#3519 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44266 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:45 PM

What's on the potential sales list today? I only recall Darksiders III which I'm hoping for ~$30

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

#3520 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3031 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:56 PM

Hexic HD was the first game I played on my :360: in glorious HD.  We walked into Fry's wanting to buy a new toaster or something and we walked out after spending ~$2700 on a 57" Samsung DLP.  Worth it.

The only reason I am jumping on X/X-2 immediately is because I have enough of that expiring credit to cover most of the price.  XII, however, will have to wait.

Getting XII for $40 with the Target B2G1 sale was good enough for me, since the PS4 version still sells for $25-30 on sale. I really want to buy IX but apparently there's a glitch that won't let you rename any characters,

#3521 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   2008 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:06 PM

<p>

I wouldn't say there have been any killer exclusives in that time other than Cuphead, and Forza Horizon 4 if you can deal with racing games. Maybe Sea of Thieves now that it has had a lot of updates, but that really depends how "in" you are with a multiplayer, make your own adventure style game.

Halo: Master Chief Collection has finally been fixed in that time, and is what it always should have been. They're still working on it, adding new features, and doing regular playlist updates.

As for BC that's a bit harder to quantify depending on what you like. Looking at the wiki for about 18 months I'd say the big additions are as follows:

• Lost Planet series
  • Final Fantasy XIII trilogy of games
  • Kingdoms of Alumar: Reckoning
  • Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and Peace Walker, Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Silent Hill HD Collection
  • Sonic Generations
  • Crackdown
  • Vanquish
  • Spec Ops: The Line
  • Child of Eden
  • All the 360 Halos if you don't have MCC.
  • Metal Gear Rising Revengance

Finally, all the BC Original Xbox games have been added in that time frame. There are only about 30, but they're mostly all bangers:
  • KotOR 1 and 2, and most of the other Star Wars games
  • Morrowind
  • Jade Empire
  • Panzer Dragoon Orta
  • SSX 3
  • Ninja Gaiden Black
  • Psychonauts
  • Destroy All Humans

Big thanks for the great reply. Never got to finish the xiii trilogy so being able to do that is exciting as well as Kingdoms of Amalur which I loved.

#3522 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11116 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:27 PM

Getting XII for $40 with the Target B2G1 sale was good enough for me, since the PS4 version still sells for $25-30 on sale. I really want to buy IX but apparently there's a glitch that won't let you rename any characters,

Apparently all of the glitches that were present in the mobile port of FFIX made their way into this console port.  I'd like to think they'll fix them, but I think they've been there for a great while now.

#3523 lochdoun   Coast to Coast CAGiversary!   636 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:31 PM

What's on the potential sales list today? I only recall Darksiders III which I'm hoping for ~$30

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

Looks like a Ubisoft sale tonight too. PSN just had a Ubisoft sale, I would look at that for expectations on what the prices will be.

I'm also curious what the Crash & Spyro bundle will be price at, $30 is wishful thinking on my part.

#3524 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3031 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:34 PM

Apparently all of the glitches that were present in the mobile port of FFIX made their way into this console port.  I'd like to think they'll fix them, but I think they've been there for a great while now.

Were these present in the PS4 version? I assumed the Steam version came first, and the console ports were from the PC. 

What is up with Square-Enix porting mobile versions of games? Chrono Trigger on Steam is actually quite good now that they released so many fixes (I've played 2/3 of it and there's nothing wrong with it now) but it never should have been so shoddy in the first place.

Same with that re-skinned FF6 which still has menus that look like they're for touch screens. I don't get it.

#3525 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11116 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:43 PM

Were these present in the PS4 version? I assumed the Steam version came first, and the console ports were from the PC. 

What is up with Square-Enix porting mobile versions of games? Chrono Trigger on Steam is actually quite good now that they released so many fixes (I've played 2/3 of it and there's nothing wrong with it now) but it never should have been so shoddy in the first place.

Same with that re-skinned FF6 which still has menus that look like they're for touch screens. I don't get it.

Unsatisfactory (but probably true) answer --> Maximum cash grab with minimal effort.

#3526 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:46 PM

I think it was $50 base price, so you got it for $33.33 + tax. I did the same.

#3527 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2736 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:51 PM

I think that's the way it went but unfortunately before Steam there was an Android/Ios version that birthed them all

#3528 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9810 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:22 PM

Yeah, the Final Fantasy IX mobile game came first, ported to Steam then console. Ditto with Secret of Mana, FF 6 and probably a few others.

There was a lot of backlash on Steam especially about them just being mobile ports.

It’s just SE going the cheapest route possible for a cash grab.

#3529 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:23 PM

Xbox needs some of that Steam Chrono Trigger and FF6 love. Even shitty versions of those games are still a worthwhile experience.

#3530 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3031 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:30 PM

Xbox needs some of that Steam Chrono Trigger and FF6 love. Even shitty versions of those games are still a worthwhile experience.

It's very odd that not even the PS4 has the ports of FF3 (JP) from the updated PSP port (of the DS remake... my head hurts) or Chrono Trigger, let alone the other games. 

I know mobile is a bigger market in Japan which is probably why the iOS and Android ports exist at all, but competent ports of those old games would be pure profit on current gen. I'd love to have most of the FF games, Chrono Trigger, etc. on X1.

#3531 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4407 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:56 PM

Big thanks for the great reply. Never got to finish the xiii trilogy so being able to do that is exciting as well as Kingdoms of Amalur which I loved.

I'm guessing you don't have an X but they were all enhanced if you do have one. Even on a normal Xbone they swapped out the CG cutscenes in XIII with much better quality ones from the PC version, so it's still an upgrade.

#3532 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4432 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:45 PM

I predict a great sale tonight!

#3533 danishmaggot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5761 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

danishmaggot

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:46 PM

Hoping for Assassin's Creed Odyssey gold edition for $40 or less! Go go go!

#3534 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:47 PM

Dz3NnThXcAAp9RN.jpg

#3535 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   1043 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:53 PM

I think what we truly need, is a new console FFT, that would be tops.

hell I would settle for vandal hearts

#3536 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3271 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:56 PM

What I would like to play on my X is xenogears and front mission 3 from Squeenix but that's wishful thinking.

#3537 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4204 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:56 PM

What’s that Nier price gonna be....

Edit 39.99, I’ll wait til $30 or lower and if it never hits that, I just won’t play it.

#3538 Dojorkan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   411 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 12:05 AM

The thing stopping me most from grabbing FFX/X-2 again is the minigames + the requirements for getting most of each characters best weapons in FFX.

You'd think with all these re-releases they would have done some minor tweaking on that front.

#3539 evful   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   716 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 12:05 AM

Ugh AC Odyssey season pass not on sale again.

#3540 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2943 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 26 February 2019 - 12:06 AM

Hoping for Assassin's Creed Odyssey gold edition for $40 or less! Go go go!

It’s $33.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk