* * * * - 25 votes

XBL Deals - 2019

#3631 mattyg00013   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   253 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

mattyg00013

Posted 26 February 2019 - 06:31 AM

For those with Ea Access I just downloaded the trial of Anthem and got 6,000 reward points.

Worked for me, Thanks!!

I was considering purchasing Watchdogs 2 Gold but happened to find a very cheap Gold Edition code that I figured I'd take a chance on and it ended up redeeming for the full game with all the gold content.  I'm strongly considering Assassin's Creed Origins Gold, I have a physical copy of Odyssey with an unredeemed Season Pass but I may just try to sell that off and go all digital with the sale.  I'm also thinking about picking up Rogue and the Ezio Trilogy, these are some great prices.  If The Division 2 wasn't coming out so soon I'd probably consider the gold edition of The Division as well, I've never played the DLC but enjoyed what I played of the original game.     

#3632 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4205 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 06:40 AM

I think it's just badly worried. It sounds more like they considered being done with the Master Chief. I would have been fine with that, but 343 hasn't had a particularly good track record with the characters they've created. I think the one real success is Lasky, and maybe the Didact but they just flushed him away.

I'll have to listen to the whole podcast while I'm doing something boring at work tomorrow. Halo is one of my favorite franchises so I'll probably find the interview interesting.

#3633 evful   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   716 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 07:18 AM

FYI 10 GB Crackdown 3 update is live.

As well as a 5 GB Odyssey one.

Edited by evful, 26 February 2019 - 07:25 AM.

#3634 w00dm4n   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   324 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 07:24 AM

is assassins creed rogue remastered worth $15?

The 360 version was just a GwG but it is the cheapest i've seen the remastered version

#3635 mvp828   It's not CAGers Dammit CAGs CAGiversary!   2589 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 07:42 AM

Origins season pass 25.99 and no sale on Odyssey SP. Ugh. I already have both digital otherwise I'd jump on the Gold editions.

#3636 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6234 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:01 AM

Major's post - https://majornelson....blisher-sale-7/

#3637 Sielanas  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 10:54 AM

Hadn’t heard about this Dolby upmixing feature being rolled out on Xbox One. Pretty cool.

https://www.forbes.c...anging-feature/

Nice. I was really close to getting an Atmos setup sitting my sound quandary, the sloped ceiling in the living room is the making thing that stopped me.

#3638 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1163 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 01:36 PM

Nice. I was really close to getting an Atmos setup sitting my sound quandary, the sloped ceiling in the living room is the making thing that stopped me.

Thinking of the upward firing Atmos speakers? I have a pair; I'm sure it's not as good as in-ceiling, downward-firing, but it still creates what I call a sound bubble, ha ha, when cranked to a good volume. I occasionally catch isolated sounds coming from the ceiling too.

#3639 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 26 February 2019 - 01:59 PM

Thinking of the upward firing Atmos speakers? I have a pair; I'm sure it's not as good as in-ceiling, downward-firing, but it still creates what I call a sound bubble, ha ha, when cranked to a good volume. I occasionally catch isolated sounds coming from the ceiling too.

Ditto, I have sloped ceilings and upward firing and the sound definitely improved after installing them.

#3640 1mhot3K   DealHunter CAGiversary!   414 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:29 PM

So what are folks thoughts on ACO: Ultimate vs ACO: Gold? Is the deluxe edition content worth an extra $6 between these editions?

#3641 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2945 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:30 PM

So what are folks thoughts on ACO: Ultimate vs ACO: Gold? Is the deluxe edition content worth an extra $6 between these editions?

this was covered a page ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3642 jazzman   Carpe diem CAGiversary!   1361 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:35 PM

Just useless skins and a marginal xp boost. Save $7 and get the gold edition.

Thanks for the insight, will pickup the Gold version.

#3643 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2737 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 26 February 2019 - 02:58 PM

Some insight into how MS might try to bring Gamepass onto the PC and maybe wherever else it lands up. Makes a lot of sense since they announced in November that GamePass would be coming to PC. I wondered if it would be a total different library of games and yet even another subscription to sign up for or something more like this where there is just one unified GamePass library. 

https://www.resetera...soonish.101789/

#3644 Z77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 03:10 PM

Am I blind or has Far Cry 5 Gold by itself been delisted?

#3645 splattered   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   606 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

splattered

Posted 26 February 2019 - 03:12 PM

Man I thought the $60 ultimate was a decent deal for AC Odyssey... crap! Oh well.

It's always going to frustrate me that I get punished for preordering games... almost ALL these games they offer the rewards for I buy a month in advance for the digital bonuses and stuff.

Considering AC Rogue Remastered and Ezio Collection. Pretty decent prices there.

Was hoping for more of a discount on Darksiders 3... i'll buy it when it's cheap.

#3646 Boondock Saint   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Boondock Saint

Posted 26 February 2019 - 03:23 PM

Man I thought the $60 ultimate was a decent deal for AC Odyssey... crap! Oh well.

haha, same here. Grabbed it at the beginning of the month. Oh well, game is great so it's not a huge bummer.

Debating Ezio collection as well. 

And I keep waiting for Rare Replay to go on sale but it doesn't seem like it ever goes on sale. Last time it was on sale I was out of the country and that was two years ago. Booourns. 

#3647 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1479 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 26 February 2019 - 03:27 PM

Anyone have suggestions where I can pick up a 1 month EA subscription for $1-$2? Wanna get in on that Anthem punchcard via the Rewards app(and to also try out Anthem & some of the games EA has in the vault). Much appreciated, thanks!!

Some really interesting indies for a few dollars each I need to check out in this sale. Ones I've never heard of. Off to check the MS store descriptions!

#3648 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44266 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 26 February 2019 - 03:32 PM

Am I blind or has Far Cry 5 Gold by itself been delisted?

Yeah I think it's gone. I couldn't find it a few days ago.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

#3649 ochentay4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   713 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 03:35 PM

Yeah I think it's gone. I couldn't find it a few days ago.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

Thats no surprise, and I think that AC Odyssey Gold and Ultimate will get delisted too once AC3 Remaster is out of the door. The value is too good. 

#3650 spideymike   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2783 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 03:44 PM

Happy Birthday AWP. 48 myself, pretty much limited to after hours playing with a family and then too tired to play anything in depth. Although, boy is nine now and has refreshed my gaming habit. So I don’t see the backlog as a waste now. Before he found interest, I was kinda feeling like a hoarder.

I hear you. Happy belated AWP. I'm turning 48 next month and though I love gaming, I don't have much time for it anymore - but my son is 13 and loves gaming. In fact I'm getting a PS4 and PSVR for my birthday which I'm sure my son will play more than me, and that's fine.

• awp likes this

#3651 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3034 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:08 PM

Sorry if reposted, but didn't see it. $15.99. After seeing this game sell so many PS1s and help Sony establish dominance, it's pretty crazy to see it coming to Xbox at all.

#3652 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9810 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:15 PM

I hear you. Happy belated AWP. I'm turning 48 next month and though I love gaming, I don't have much time for it anymore - but my son is 13 and loves gaming. In fact I'm getting a PS4 and PSVR for my birthday which I'm sure my son will play more than me, and that's fine.

Thanks and welcome to the CAG Gamer Geezers Club!

https://twitter.com/...281651454664704

Sorry if reposted, but didn't see it. $15.99. After seeing this game sell so many PS1s and help Sony establish dominance, it's pretty crazy to see it coming to Xbox at all.

And I’m going to buy it....again.

#3653 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5671 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:15 PM

Anyone have suggestions where I can pick up a 1 month EA subscription for $1-$2? Wanna get in on that Anthem punchcard via the Rewards app(and to also try out Anthem & some of the games EA has in the vault). Much appreciated, thanks!!
Some really interesting indies for a few dollars each I need to check out in this sale. Ones I've never heard of. Off to check the MS store descriptions!

You won't find it for that cheap. CDkeys had it for that low until the Battlefield V punch card hit, and then they sold a whole bunch and increased the price.

I just paid the full $4.99 through Xbox Marketplace because I had expiring Bing credit anyway, so this was a good way to roll them over. I'm not even going to play any of the games, so you're still coming out ahead if there are some titles you want to check out for free.

#3654 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3034 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:25 PM

Thanks and welcome to the CAG Gamer Geezers Club!

And I’m going to buy it....again.

Unlike other games, I've only bought FF7 2-3 times. I originally got the PC version because I only had an N64 back then. It ran like shit on my Packard Bell (remember them??) and the FMV when they escape from the frozen crater on disc 2 constantly crashed the game. I had to go into the files and replace the FMV with a dummy file to play through quickly to allow it to continue. 

Bought the PS1 version on PSN. At some point, owned the original PS1 discs, pretty sure I sold them years ago once digital became such a viable option. 

And yes. For less than $20, I too will buy this, may even pre-load.

#3655 Z77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:31 PM

Thats no surprise, and I think that AC Odyssey Gold and Ultimate will get delisted too once AC3 Remaster is out of the door. The value is too good. 

I wish you hadn't said that. I'm now regretting not buying FC5 gold last month and you're making it tougher not to pick up AC Odyssey.

I mean what's another 100 hours or so added to the backlog.

#3656 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   602 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:35 PM

Unlike other games, I've only bought FF7 2-3 times. I originally got the PC version because I only had an N64 back then. It ran like shit on my Packard Bell (remember them??) and the FMV when they escape from the frozen crater on disc 2 constantly crashed the game. I had to go into the files and replace the FMV with a dummy file to play through quickly to allow it to continue. 

Bought the PS1 version on PSN. At some point, owned the original PS1 discs, pretty sure I sold them years ago once digital became such a viable option. 

And yes. For less than $20, I too will buy this, may even pre-load.

Ohhhh FF7, how do I own thee, let me count the ways.  PS1 (black label), PC (physical), PC (digital pre-Steam release, then again on Steam because I couldn't find the product key for the first digital), PSN (PSP/3/V), PSN (PS4).... Holy crap I've bought this game 6 times.  Each time was $15 or less, though, so it's ok... right?  I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM YOU HAVE A PROBLEM.

....it's not even my favorite FF game, though it is my most purchased.

#3657 shoethiefrexyk9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   863 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

shoethiefrexyk9

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:37 PM

Just got this email from ms buy digital Spider-Man into the spider verse ($20) get two weeks of game pass.
fe506d67dd226d5ad5b6e9f78ae9338c.jpg

#3658 Inriri   Kung Fu Skeleton CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:42 PM

Decided to pick up Far Cry 5. It sure is purdy.

And speaking of FF7 (and 9), the act of making the 3d models super-high res makes them clash horribly with the low-res prerendered backgrounds.

#3659 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9810 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:48 PM

Just got this email from ms buy digital Spider-Man into the spider verse ($20) get two weeks of game pass.
fe506d67dd226d5ad5b6e9f78ae9338c.jpg

If anyone redeemed that Golden Globes promo code on FandangoNow back in December, you can get it for $10 there for 4K.

#3660 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3034 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:49 PM

Ohhhh FF7, how do I own thee, let me count the ways.  PS1 (black label), PC (physical), PC (digital pre-Steam release, then again on Steam because I couldn't find the product key for the first digital), PSN (PSP/3/V), PSN (PS4).... Holy crap I've bought this game 6 times.  Each time was $15 or less, though, so it's ok... right?  I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM YOU HAVE A PROBLEM.

....it's not even my favorite FF game, though it is my most purchased.

6 x $15 is about $90. Could be worse.

Decided to pick up Far Cry 5. It sure is purdy.

And speaking of FF7 (and 9), the act of making the 3d models super-high res makes them clash horribly with the low-res prerendered backgrounds.

It's worse when you realize how easily mods online have inserted the superior battle sprites into the walk-about graphics and made them look really nice. There's no reason S-E couldn't do this and make it optional, they have the fucking source code:

I'd love to see something like that available officially, similar to swapping between the original and HD graphics in Halo 1 and 2 on he MCC.