* * * * - 25 votes

XBL Deals - 2019

#3871 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10976 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 01:25 AM

One of my friends just said the same thing in our party chat. He was playing Overwatch with us the other night, but when he was done he popped his disc out and it was Kingdom Hearts. Wonder what’s going on.

Tried a few other games and none worked so evidently not a system wide change or issue. But played something else, went back to AC7 and it still works without a disc.

#3872 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10986 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 28 February 2019 - 01:27 AM

Article summarizing what the MS studios are/might be working on right now for Xbox.

https://www.pcgamer....uffer-pcgamertw

#3873 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1112 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 01:33 AM

So only buy shitty ones?

Exactly!

#3874 jsb2642   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   87 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 01:34 AM

One of my friends just said the same thing in our party chat. He was playing Overwatch with us the other night, but when he was done he popped his disc out and it was Kingdom Hearts. Wonder what’s going on.

I think it's random glitches with the UI that's affecting the license check system. I went to delete Sky Force Anniversary about a month after it was removed from gamepass and inadvertently discovered it was still working. It continued to load for 2 or 3 days after that before finally failing the license check.

#3875 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6480 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 01:43 AM

Team Glow Retro Lancer in tonight's Gears eSports stream.

https://live.gearsofwar.com

Skin is live

#3876 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3532 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 28 February 2019 - 02:03 AM

Speaking of GWG, I finally fired up QUBE 2. It's great. 2/3 of the way through, it's a tad on the easy side, but it's still a lot of fun. The original may be better by a small margin, and both games are on a short list of titles which come close to living up to Portal.

#3877 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4999 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 28 February 2019 - 02:31 AM

Article summarizing what the MS studios are/might be working on right now for Xbox.

https://www.pcgamer....uffer-pcgamertw

I saw this the other day and felt like it is nearly worthless if you keep up with the industry. They had nothing to add to the list but already known projects and vague speculation.

#3878 2ndopp   CAG Assassin CAGiversary!   650 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 03:20 AM

Any reports on if the XB1 version of Final Fantasy 7 has the same music bugs as the PS4 version?  (Wrong music playing during various scenes, including one of the biggest moments in the game).

Wait, I played through Final Fantasy 7 on PS4 and didn't notice any glitches. I thought the sound issues were on the Playstation Classic....?

Also, it doesn't release on Xbox One until March 26th so may be awhile till it's tested

#3879 MetalMegaGio   MetalMegaCAG CAGiversary!   3270 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

MetalMegaGio

Posted 28 February 2019 - 03:59 AM

Anyone have any thoughts about Watchdogs 2? I was disappointed with the first but this looks better. Is it worth it to get the gold edition or is standard good enough?

I did not enjoy the first Watchdogs but I found the 2nd one to be a lot better. I only played through the standard edition so I'm not sure if the DLC is worth it.

#3880 BottleRocket  

BottleRocket

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:33 AM

I did not enjoy the first Watchdogs but I found the 2nd one to be a lot better. I only played through the standard edition so I'm not sure if the DLC is worth it.

I'm the same. I didn't like the first WD game, but really liked the second. I also got the season pass and loved it. What play style did you go with? I went gun free. The game gives you so many different hacker tools that guns feel unnecessary, especially considering the narrative. 

It's funny, I don't usually buy season passes, but Ubi's SP's tend to grab my attention. 

#3881 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:35 AM

Ghost Recon Wildlands finally added their horde mode Guerilla and it's fun af

#3882 Kristaps Schwartzingis  

Kristaps Schwartzingis

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:36 AM

Ghost Recon Wildlands finally added their horde mode Guerilla and it's fun af

Wish it had achievements. Missed opportunity right there.

#3883 deszaras   Omnis Vir Lupus CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

deszaras

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:39 AM

I'm the same. I didn't like the first WD game, but really liked the second. I also got the season pass and loved it. What play style did you go with? I went gun free. The game gives you so many different hacker tools that guns feel unnecessary, especially considering the narrative. 

It's funny, I don't usually buy season passes, but Ubi's SP's tend to grab my attention.

Ubisoft usually does a better job with dlc than other companies. I’ve played a bit of the trial and I like the setting and it seems like a fun open world. The Gold edition is only $11 more than the standard. Do you think the dlc story wise is worth it?

#3884 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10976 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:48 AM

I think I’m just going to pay the $33 for AC Odyssey Gold even though I have the vanilla digitally. I have a feeling we won’t see the SP go on sale until well after the release of AC III. And with the remaster alone going for $40, it’s still worth it.

#3885 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:58 AM

I wish the ac oydessy gold game logo actually was the gold edition logo, same for a few other games I got.

But crackdown 3 is a pretty fun game, been playing the past few days.

#3886 BottleRocket  

BottleRocket

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:58 AM

I think I’m just going to pay the $33 for AC Odyssey Gold even though I have the vanilla digitally. I have a feeling we won’t see the SP go on sale until well after the release of AC III. And with the remaster alone going for $40, it’s still worth it.

Same here. I managed to get $20 xbox credit for $5, so that really helps soften the blow. But, now I'm debating on just getting something else entirely with the money. 

Ubisoft usually does a better job with dlc than other companies. I’ve played a bit of the trial and I like the setting and it seems like a fun open world. The Gold edition is only $11 more than the standard. Do you think the dlc story wise is worth it?

I agree. Ubi does DLC in a way that I don't really find that offensive. You're getting extra content and they aren't stopping you from getting in game collectibles.

I dug the DLC for WD2. The T-Bone missions and No Compromise were a lot of fun. I can't remember Human Conditions at the moment. It's been a couple years since I played it. If you can get your hands on the Zodiac missions, that would be awesome. 

I just really got into the game. That doesn't always happen and may not happen for you, but I found myself thinking about playing it when I was doing work, and losing sleep because I didn't want to stop. The game has its negatives, but they're easy to move past. Also, people complained about the main characters being too hipster, but they manage to balance between serious and humorous. 

#3887 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10976 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:00 AM

I managed to get $20 xbox credit for $5

How the hell did you do that?!?

#3888 BottleRocket  

BottleRocket

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:08 AM

How the hell did you do that?!?

Had a $5 credit for Bestbuy and used it to get a $10 Xbox GC. Then got EA Access, downloaded the Anthem trail, got 6000 rewards points, used that with 2000 points I already had, and got a $10 gift card. Then cancelled EA Access. 

#3889 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:08 AM

Xbox game pass trial code: 667W2-2X742-4RQFF-7H7TM-X7FPZ

I prefer lurkers to the regulars who think they're entitled to other people property because they made a post about their favorite subject. I usually won't give codes on here because of the entitled .

If you buy games you don't play and brag about your backlog with 16 million children starving in this country.....leave it alone. I think you're sick and you need help...seriously.

This guy probably lurked a bunch of codes in the past and waited for the right time to get his Revengeance by posting a game pass....trial? to talk shit.

#3890 deszaras   Omnis Vir Lupus CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

deszaras

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:26 AM

I agree. Ubi does DLC in a way that I don't really find that offensive. You're getting extra content and they aren't stopping you from getting in game collectibles.

I dug the DLC for WD2. The T-Bone missions and No Compromise were a lot of fun. I can't remember Human Conditions at the moment. It's been a couple years since I played it. If you can get your hands on the Zodiac missions, that would be awesome. 

I just really got into the game. That doesn't always happen and may not happen for you, but I found myself thinking about playing it when I was doing work, and losing sleep because I didn't want to stop. The game has its negatives, but they're easy to move past. Also, people complained about the main characters being too hipster, but they manage to balance between serious and humorous.

Yeah, I heard the characters are hipsters but it does take place in San Francisco...
I’ve been wanting a modern open world game to play but I can’t stand the characters in GTA games(except Vice City). While I played the trial, I had fun hacking other people a lot. Gold edition does have the Zodiac missions. I appreciate the feedback. I already planned on getting AC: Rogue Remastered and now I’ll pick up Watchdogs 2 Gold too. Thanks.

#3891 BottleRocket  

BottleRocket

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:32 AM

Yeah, I heard the characters are hipsters but it does take place in San Francisco...
I’ve been wanting a modern open world game to play but I can’t stand the characters in GTA games(except Vice City). While I played the trial, I had fun hacking other people a lot. Gold edition does have the Zodiac missions. I appreciate the feedback. I already planned on getting AC: Rogue Remastered and now I’ll pick up Watchdogs 2 Gold too. Thanks.

Cool. That would explain where I got the Zodiac missions. It just wasn't listed in the Season Pass on Xbox.com. 

#3892 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   5058 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:41 AM

When is the next usual $1 Game Pass drop?  Mine just expired and I have an offer of $15 for 3 months, but I have an oreo 7 day code and a MS rewards 3 month code.

I've got expiring credit burning a hole in my pocket.  $4 expires today and $20 more over the next month.  

Considering Assassins Creed Odyssey Gold but I'm way behind as well as a version of Watchdogs 2, GR Wildlands, Call of Juarez Gunslinger and Steep X Games Gold Ed.  Too many choices...

#3893 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4753 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:42 AM

Had a $5 credit for Bestbuy and used it to get a $10 Xbox GC. Then got EA Access, downloaded the Anthem trail, got 6000 rewards points, used that with 2000 points I already had, and got a $10 gift card. Then cancelled EA Access. 

I was watching for your response, this was a let down. I thought you had cracked some secret to getting a $20 gift card for $5 with some glitch... but instead, you spent $500 at best buy to get .5 points each until you got 250 points to trade in for a $5 gift card and then used $5 cash to get a $10 gift card and then used 8,000 bing points for a $10 gift card from bing.

Spoiler

So I watched the Trailer on Pokemon Sword and Shield. Do you think any reviewers will hold it to the same standard they did for Crackdown 3 of "This is to much like Crackdown 1 6/10" or will Pokemon get "Wow, I got to pick Fire, Water or Grass and then battled Pokemon just like 20 years ago but now in 3D, 9/10!".

#3894 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6480 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:04 AM

So I watched the Trailer on Pokemon Sword and Shield. Do you think any reviewers will hold it to the same standard they did for Crackdown 3 of "This is to much like Crackdown 1 6/10" or will Pokemon get "Wow, I got to pick Fire, Water or Grass and then battled Pokemon just like 20 years ago but now in 3D, 9/10!".

I'm holding out for the updated version of the games.

Spoiler

#3895 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10976 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:05 AM

Is it as simple as using a VPN and your region on Xbox.com to redeem a foreign game code? Then switching the region back and It’ll be on your normal US account?

#3896 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3037 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:08 AM

When is the next usual $1 Game Pass drop?  Mine just expired and I have an offer of $15 for 3 months, but I have an oreo 7 day code and a MS rewards 3 month

Just ended about a week ago. I think there might be one around Easter.

#3897 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:13 AM

Is it as simple as using a VPN and your region on Xbox.com to redeem a foreign game code? Then switching the region back and It’ll be on your normal US account?

You don't need a VPN, just switch your Xbox's region.

#3898 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10976 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:17 AM

You don't need a VPN, just switch your Xbox's region.

I see foreign codes on places like Gameflip cheap but was always hesitant to give it a shot (some do mention being “easy to redeem using a VPN”).

Knew you could change regions to get games on other XBL stores but wasn’t so sure about code redemption.

#3899 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10986 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:17 AM

Xbox game pass trial code: 667W2-2X742-4RQFF-7H7TM-X7FPZ

I prefer lurkers to the regulars who think they're entitled to other people property because they made a post about their favorite subject. I usually won't give codes on here because of the entitled .

If you buy games you don't play and brag about your backlog with 16 million children starving in this country.....leave it alone. I think you're sick and you need help...seriously. 

WTF is this? I mean really if this is not a troll then I can only say is it might be time to prioritize some things. 22 posts in 7.5 years and THIS is what you choose to do with your time? 

This site is about a HOBBY. Big deal if people here collect some game they will never play. More than their right. The "what about the children" shtick is so old also. As long as the people on here are not buying games when they should be buying their own children food then you can just Fuck off with the entitled BS. 

wont-somebody-please-think-of-the-childr

#3900 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4753 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:19 AM

I'm holding out for the updated version of the games.

Spoiler

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm buying Pokemon Sword or Shield on day 1, especially since I have 3 young kids that like to play Switch. I think they should have made this game back on the N64, I wanted a 3D Pokemon once we had 3D but all we ever got was Pokemon Snap and Pokemon Stadium. I'm pretty sure I already know what this game is, and I'm fine with that. I just see irony in that I bet a lot of reviewers give it 8's, 9's, and 10's even though I bet the gameplay and game is pretty much like every other pokemon game before it, but maybe they will surprise me and it will be something totally different. I just love when I listen to IGN podcasts and they get on there high horse about how they have to give objective reviews and then Nintendo makes a game that is super similar to previous titles in that franchise line and they gush over it with the Nintendo colored glasses like the rest of us that have Nintendo nostalgia.