* * * * - 25 votes

XBL Deals - 2019

#631 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:23 PM

Thanks for the info but $5 was my buy price. It probably sold out fast. I’m happy that 25% of the buyers were able to buy one for themselves, their “mom” and their “girlfriend”.

And their kids!

Does this game have any resale value?

#632 HektiK   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   355 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:27 PM

You dig giant robots.

I dig giant robots.

We dig giant robots.

Chicks dig giant robots.

Nice.

That just dug deep into my monkey brain and pulled forth a collection of memories from an awesome show that died before its time.  Thanks Bloomy now I have to find some way of watching some Megas XLR.

#633 Dagolara   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   653 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Dagolara

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:40 PM

I'm probably in the minority here but I would be an instant buyer for any of the new tennis games if they were on sale for $10 or on Game Pass.

I know they don't measure up but I'd like to relive my Top Spin glory days.

I just got thumb pain PTSD from my Virtua Tennis Dreamcast days. 

#634 jeyleselipiewicz  

jeyleselipiewicz

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:49 PM

Thanks for the info but $5 was my buy price. It probably sold out fast. I’m happy that 25% of the buyers were able to buy one for themselves, their “mom” and their “girlfriend”.

My memory is a little fuzzy but I do remember awhile back they did have it on sale for the same price until it sold out. Not entirely sure how Woot operates but it might be worth keeping an eye out to see if it comes back in stock. 

#635 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! Banned   1790 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:56 PM

Far cry primal is worth it solely for doing Urki's missions.

urki now a fatass

#636 Cage017   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4964 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:10 PM

That just dug deep into my monkey brain and pulled forth a collection of memories from an awesome show that died before its time.  Thanks Bloomy now I have to find some way of watching some Megas XLR.

There are Megas XLR fans at CAG?!   Thank Regis.

#637 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   2043 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:21 PM

Far cry primal is worth it solely for doing Urki's missions.

i skipped primal. is urki the primal version of hurk? 

#638 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3293 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:42 PM

i skipped primal. is urki the primal version of hurk?

I never got that far into FC4 so not sure.Trust me though Urki is one nut job of a character.

#639 lochdoun   Coast to Coast CAGiversary!   638 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:22 PM

Pinball 3. Still failing import. Nothing on ready to install either.

It worked just fine for me.

#640 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   1062 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:24 PM

Anywhere have BO4 on sale?

Also how do you hide someone, a certain BB is really a downer

#641 evful   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   729 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:30 PM

Oh damn, I didn't realize Primal was 10 bucks. That was my buy point for it but it had always been 16+ or so. 

#642 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:39 PM

https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6216330

#643 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8232 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:45 PM

Oh damn, I didn't realize Primal was 10 bucks. That was my buy point for it but it had always been 16+ or so. 

A buck more gets you the Apex edition gets you the DLC and other stuff too.  I grabbed it earlier.  

#644 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6794 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:46 PM

On desktop, go to your own profile page, and then I think you edit your profile? It's somewhere around there.

#645 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11244 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:59 PM

On desktop, go to your own profile page, and then I think you edit your profile? It's somewhere around there.

1. Hover over your avatar at the top of any thread and click "My Profile."
  2. Click "Edit my Profile" on the right side of the page.
  3. Click on "'Ignore' Preferences."
  4. Type the name of the user in the "Add a new user to my list" field and choose what to ignore (probably "Posts").

#646 Deadpool   I club baby seals CAGiversary!   2536 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:59 PM

I have a 360 hooked up still if that's part of the process. I think I still have Pinball FX2 installed on one of my XB1s but maybe not. And what does TA have to do with anything? Multiple people put links as if that mattered.

I just set mine back up to see if it would work. I downloaded the 3 packs i bought and played each one of the 9 games on my 360. I then unhooked it and fired up my XONE. Still no change. Still unable to import or download from the storage screen. Tried both FX2 and 3. FX2 i see all the games but they are greyed out with no pricing info and say they are unable to be purchased. On FX3 there's still prices attached to the games. 

Shit. 

#647 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1831 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:05 PM

Good news! They're doing backward compatibility again. Bad news... the latest backward compatible Xbox game is Rayman: Raving Rabbids. Uh...?

(Also Battlestations: Pacific and Fuel, whatever THOSE are. Is it really that hard to add Mortal Kombat 9 to the list, guys? Really?)

#648 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9983 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:12 PM

Good news! They're doing backward compatibility again. Bad news... the latest backward compatible Xbox game is Rayman: Raving Rabbids. Uh...?
(Also Battlestations: Pacific and Fuel, whatever THOSE are. Is it really that hard to add Mortal Kombat 9 to the list, guys? Really?)

Welcome to last week

#649 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! Banned   1790 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:17 PM

LOL what i said was a joke that anybody would get if they played Far Cry Primal, sorry i'm a "downer" snowflake good luck in this cruel world you'll need it

#650 braiiins   Braiiins CAGiversary!   1237 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:29 PM

Claimed

#651 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7937 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:56 PM

Was quite a few indies on this sale that haven't been on sale in over a year...

I'd say something clever like "seen one indie game, seen 'em all," but since that's stupid, I'd just say that I already have too many in my backlog, so I'll just wait until they're on sale again next year.

#652 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3293 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:07 PM

Anyone pre ordering RE 2? For me it's either that or Anthem or Fuck it and get both :).

#653 Heck Mech  

Heck Mech

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:20 PM

Anyone pre ordering RE 2? For me it's either that or Anthem or Fuck it and get both :).

I've got standard Anthem pre-ordered but will probably wait on RE2 until it's first big sale... I've still got #7 in the backlog of shame. :(

#654 Jess Stryker   Mama Said To Knock You Out CAGiversary!   4441 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Jess Stryker

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:22 PM

Maybe not preordering it, but getting it on release. Have a GameStop gift card and with them being in financial flux at the moment, would rather use it sooner than later prepping for the worst case scenario.

That said, not preordering it from GameStop. Had a pre-order there years ago that still pisses me off. My copy was the only copy they got in, and in typical GS fashion, they guy it open and put it on the shelf. Game in question was Akai Katana.

#655 kdiddy1989   I make average CAGs look rich. CAGiversary!   2186 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:35 PM

List of players/participants for my Australian Open $10 Xbox Gift Card + 1 Month Game Pass contest below:

Spoiler

I regularly watch tennis and don't know at least half of these players so I'm thinking this contest might be over by the 4th round haha. Good luck everyone!

#656 genesis49  

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:43 PM

I found this code for a 2 week live trial if anyone wants it:

488NF-67BC9-3H?CP-92X?2-4RGBR

? = The 11th letter in the alphabet

Redeemed by someone. Nice drop though

#657 Mr_hockey66   Lets go pens! CAGiversary!   8064 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Mr_hockey66

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:45 PM

Lets go mi amigo

Pablo Cuevas

Tu es mi hombre.

#658 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4410 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:47 PM

Resident Evil 2 is in my top three games of all time so I pre-ordered day one. I hate it but Capcom got me to upgrade to the $70 version for the Elza Walker costume and classic music option. The fact that they just confirmed Hunk and Tofu modes are in and not DLC bullshit sealed the deal for me that this team absolutely is respecting the source material.

Anthem is a hard pass from me. Bioware/EA has done a terrible job making the game look appealing to me. So far it looks a bandwagon Destiny-style game EA demanded rather than the RPGs the studio is known for. About the same as when Visceral was put on projects they didn't want like Dante's Inferno and Battlefield Hardline. As is, I know Bioware for making games that are good because of the character interactions and decisions made, propped up with some alright at best gameplay. When you nerf the aspects the studio is known for into the ground, I'm basically going to look at the game like starting from square one. Most of the things that make looter shooters like Destiny, Warframe, or Borderlands work are things that Bioware has so far not been good at.

#659 Dagolara   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   653 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Dagolara

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:58 PM

Anthem is a hard pass from me. Bioware/EA has done a terrible job making the game look appealing to me. So far it looks a bandwagon Destiny-style game EA demanded rather than the RPGs the studio is known for. About the same as when Visceral was put on projects they didn't want like Dante's Inferno and Battlefield Hardline. As is, I know Bioware for making games that are good because of the character interactions and decisions made, propped up with some alright at best gameplay. When you nerf the aspects the studio is known for into the ground, I'm basically going to look at the game like starting from square one. Most of the things that make looter shooters like Destiny, Warframe, or Borderlands work are things that Bioware has so far not been good at.

The Alpha did little to sway me towards it though I did enjoy some aspects but not enough to make me lean towards grabbing it over say The Division 2. Also the load times were atrocious but I'm willing to think a lot of that was alpha issues, well see what it is like in the Beta.

Unrelated, I decided to join the noobs over the weekend and messed around with Halo 5 pvp and can finally gift that gold pack that has been sitting in my inventory for about two years. So if anyone wants it, first to quote this post gets it. I'll DM you asking for your tag when I'm back around next (pretty sure I can only send it to friends or recent players) and I'll send it along when I get a chance. 

#660 Khalid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   862 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:06 AM

I just set mine back up to see if it would work. I downloaded the 3 packs i bought and played each one of the 9 games on my 360. I then unhooked it and fired up my XONE. Still no change. Still unable to import or download from the storage screen. Tried both FX2 and 3. FX2 i see all the games but they are greyed out with no pricing info and say they are unable to be purchased. On FX3 there's still prices attached to the games. 

Shit.

You need to send an email to their support with you order number, they will send you codes for the packs that you have bought. It took them a week to respond to my email.