* * * * - 25 votes

XBL Deals - 2019

#17761 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 15 September 2019 - 03:32 AM

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is free with GwG:

https://marketplace....e=Game#LiveZone

How do I already have this?  :-k

#17762 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4415 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2019 - 03:36 AM

How do I already have this? :-k

E3 2016:

“With the announcement of Tekken 7 at Microsoft's E3 2016 Xbox Press Conference, Xbox Live Gold members can download Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for free. Xbox 360 and Xbox One compatible.

Limbo is also being given away for free, with the announcement of 'Inside', made by the same creators”

#17763 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3501 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 15 September 2019 - 05:38 AM

Enjoying BL3 as I expected, but I must say the experience so far is virtually identical to the previous games. Which is a good thing but I think the cel shading either dated or future-proofed the series depending on how you look at it. Sure the frame rate is better but at least visually there's absolutely nothing that screams current gen to me.

I'm not a graphics whore per se and the fun factor is what matters most, but does anyone else feel the same way? Again I'm not complaining and if anything its probably rather brilliant that they started with a style that didn't require that they try to max the power of future consoles.

#17764 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6317 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:01 AM

The Digital Foundry guys appear to agree with you.

I've been playing on the X with resolution, which they say stays at a pretty constant 30 fps at 1800p, while performance is 1080p but drops frequently from 60 fps.

Maybe it's a matter of learning Unreal Engine 4.  The remasters of the earlier games continued to use UE3.  I've seen some "more of the same" lines from other reviews.  Maybe I'll feel the same once the afterglow wears off.  But while I just played the GOTY of 1 recently, it had been a few years since I played a BL game.

I have noticed a couple bugs with the game.  Sorting by type in the shops and bank just sorts by score.  The regular backpack menu appears to sort by type correctly.  Annoying when trying to do comparisons to decide which loot to keep.  Every so often the pop up for an item remains on screen after you've looked somewhere else.  First time that happened to me I was in the middle of a firefight and the info for a health vial stayed up.  Going into the menu or viewing another item clears it, unless the bug is triggered by the new item you look at.

Found my first legendary.  Two, actually, in the same Typhon cache.  Stuffed Tunguka rocket launcher (also my first rocket launcher, though I've seen one in Marcus's shop) and a Compressing Superball.  Can't wait to try them out.

Also came across this weapon.  Thought it would be more fitting for Moxxi, but I guess like mother, like daughter.

Spoiler

#17765 xbox_man   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   890 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:41 AM

I have seen on the Xbox gamepass site there is a quest to get 10k points for 10k achievements starting 19th September for 10 days. Anybody see this on the Xbox app yet?
Also, anybody heard what games are part of this?

#17766 bstringbean  

bstringbean

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:10 AM

I have seen on the Xbox gamepass site there is a quest to get 10k points for 10k achievements starting 19th September for 10 days. Anybody see this on the Xbox app yet?
Also, anybody heard what games are part of this?

TrueAchievements has an article on it, and it seems like Achievements from all Gamepass games will count. I've done all but one of their recommended easiest games to complete for the quest, so I don't think I'll get the full 10K. But, it will be fun to try.

https://www.trueachi...st-achievements

#17767 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:51 AM

TrueAchievements has an article on it, and it seems like Achievements from all Gamepass games will count. I've done all but one of their recommended easiest games to complete for the quest, so I don't think I'll get the full 10K. But, it will be fun to try.

https://www.trueachi...st-achievements

I only have 2 finished.

My only worry is this will take away some games with easy achievements from punch cards in the future.

#17768 entexman  

entexman

Posted 15 September 2019 - 02:00 PM

The Digital Foundry guys appear to agree with you.

I've been playing on the X with resolution, which they say stays at a pretty constant 30 fps at 1800p, while performance is 1080p but drops frequently from 60 fps.

Maybe it's a matter of learning Unreal Engine 4.  The remasters of the earlier games continued to use UE3.  I've seen some "more of the same" lines from other reviews.  Maybe I'll feel the same once the afterglow wears off.  But while I just played the GOTY of 1 recently, it had been a few years since I played a BL game.

I have noticed a couple bugs with the game.  Sorting by type in the shops and bank just sorts by score.  The regular backpack menu appears to sort by type correctly.  Annoying when trying to do comparisons to decide which loot to keep.  Every so often the pop up for an item remains on screen after you've looked somewhere else.  First time that happened to me I was in the middle of a firefight and the info for a health vial stayed up.  Going into the menu or viewing another item clears it, unless the bug is triggered by the new item you look at.

That was an excellent technical review of BL3.  I have been playing in performance mode, but I am going to switch to resolution based on the tech review.  I have not really noticed frame rate drops they mentioned, only some lag while playing coop online here and there.  

#17769 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8232 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2019 - 03:04 PM

Enjoying BL3 as I expected, but I must say the experience so far is virtually identical to the previous games. Which is a good thing but I think the cel shading either dated or future-proofed the series depending on how you look at it. Sure the frame rate is better but at least visually there's absolutely nothing that screams current gen to me.

I'm not a graphics whore per se and the fun factor is what matters most, but does anyone else feel the same way? Again I'm not complaining and if anything its probably rather brilliant that they started with a style that didn't require that they try to max the power of future consoles.

IDK,  I am enjoying it and think it looks ok.  Certainly not a pretty as Gears 5 or Ghost Recon Wildlands.  I played 4 hours on Friday 3 or 4 last night and maybe 3 this morning.  

I could never pick which was my favorite series between Gears and BL.   I think now I can say Borderlands is the series I play the most.  I sucks at competitive Gears.  The campaign is great but I can't see me playing through it over and over. 

I do want to play it again via co-op at  some point but playing co-op is tough for me as a I get older trying to sync up significant blocks of time with others. Similar time issue for Horde mode.  I have more co-op partners on PSN it seems.  At least ones that occasionally play when I play.

I will be playing Borderlands 3 probably at least for a couple more months.  Lots to do solo and dropping in and out with a buddy or two for an hour here or there is fine.

I will grant you it isn't a super pretty game but I think good enough.  And so far doesn't seem nearly as buggy as Gears 5.  So far no crashes.  I do think they over cluttered the maps and menus and stuff which will take me some getting used to.  I wish I could turn off some of the crap on the map.  

#17770 OldSlowGamer   Old Slow Gamer CAGiversary!   541 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

OldSlowGamer

Posted 15 September 2019 - 04:56 PM

I know Gears 5 and Borderlands 3 just came out but I am still having a blast with Wreckfest this weekend.  A lot of 'holy shit' moments with the physics and car damage.  I will get to Gears in a few weeks once it's patched up and Borderlands can wait for a sale + discounted Microsoft rewards points if that ever comes around again.  I hope Wreckfest comes to game pass in the next few months so that more players try it.  That worked for OnRush where a lot more people gave it a go and liked it.

#17771 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   874 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 15 September 2019 - 06:23 PM

So I’m late to the party but I’m starting to get into vanilla monster hunter world. Is there a CAG clan, and could I get an invite? I’m only hunter rank 4 right now, but I did read that if you’re a higher rank and help out noobs like myself there are some special items that you’d receive. Thanks! Edit: GT is Echogod

#17772 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3159 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 15 September 2019 - 07:02 PM

So I’m late to the party but I’m starting to get into vanilla monster hunter world. Is there a CAG clan, and could I get an invite? I’m only hunter rank 4 right now, but I did read that if you’re a higher rank and help out noobs like myself there are some special items that you’d receive. Thanks! Edit: GT is Echogod

I played when it came out but want to get back into it. Adding your tag. We'll play sometime.

#17773 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   994 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:00 PM

I played when it came out but want to get back into it. Adding your tag. We'll play sometime.

if u guys want a 3rd id be down to play havent played since the game came out

#17774 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3192 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:02 PM

Was using a guide for some of the side quests in Gears 5 and didn't realize how missable one of the objectives was in the east comm tower until I finished the tower. Rage quit like a 12 year old.

#17775 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   763 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:04 PM

I personally have hated Cel Shading since I first saw it. No game has ever changed my mind, and it is the main reason I haven't been a big fan of Borderlands. I'll still play them. Eventually.

#17776 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3159 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:15 PM

if u guys want a 3rd id be down to play havent played since the game came out

Down for that. It's 4:15 here. What time is good for you guys. Add me. Elitewillie

#17777 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3159 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:16 PM

Was using a guide for some of the side quests in Gears 5 and didn't realize how missable one of the objectives was in the east comm tower until I finished the tower. Rage quit like a 12 year old.

They're missable? Wtf. I would have quit too.

#17778 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   994 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:39 PM

Down for that. It's 4:15 here. What time is good for you guys. Add me. Elitewillie

whenever u guys want ill add u

ok i added u

Edited by ilovexboxone, 15 September 2019 - 08:40 PM.

#17779 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6317 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:52 PM

Which one?  Spoiler tag.

#17780 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   3192 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:16 PM

Which one?  Spoiler tag.

It was part of the Lost Outsider side mission. Specifically:

Spoiler

#17781 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   972 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:32 PM

It was part of the Lost Outsider side mission. Specifically:

Spoiler

Well shit. I missed it too.

#17782 entexman  

entexman

Posted 15 September 2019 - 10:07 PM

I personally have hated Cel Shading since I first saw it. No game has ever changed my mind, and it is the main reason I haven't been a big fan of Borderlands. I'll still play them. Eventually.

I personally love cel shaded games. Dragons Lair 3D was one of the first games that made me feel like I was playing the actual cartoon I remember playing back in the day in the arcades. If only they made a Space Ace 3D...

Anyways. I like the Cel shading in Borderlands. Plus the game play is a lot of fun.

#17783 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   829 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2019 - 11:52 PM

I've finished too many of the quick and easy 1000 point games to be bothered to do this 10k thing.  Should've been a month long thing at least.

#17784 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6798 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2019 - 12:12 AM

Missable anything in games is the worst.

#17785 Sielanas  

Posted 16 September 2019 - 12:45 AM

I'm having a hard time finding where to go for normal objectives. I really miss a compass/map/anything.

#17786 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2019 - 01:18 AM

RIP Ric Ocaset

#17787 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3378 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2019 - 01:22 AM

How do I already have this?  :-k

Same here, was this GWG before, odd!

#17788 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   2054 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:18 AM

RIP Ric Ocaset

Dude you are the grim reaper of cag

#17789 RiPPn  

Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:03 AM

RIP Ric Ocaset

Man alive, if you were big in the late 70s / 80s you better watch your back, reaper is coming.

#17790 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4304 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 16 September 2019 - 10:44 AM

We Were Here's page is up and now showing free with GwG:

https://www.microsof...vot:overviewtab