* * * * - 25 votes

XBL Deals - 2019

#21151 Sielanas  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 12:29 AM

The X is awesome, but if you don't have a 4k TV it is easily understandable why not to upgrade. I got my X at launch for 400 thanks to discount credit. Get an external SSD if you want improvement. You should be able to get an external 500gb for around 50.

PSVR is also awesome. Get the bundle with the move controllers.

#21152 2ndopp   CAG Assassin CAGiversary!   503 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:17 AM

I think there’s only a few games that require Move controllers.

I do almost all my gaming on Xbox One X now, I only use my PS4 Pro for exclusives and PSVR. I love the VR. Some games are definitely more fun with move controllers. If I had to list out my top games that I constantly replay and the best control set up, it'd be:

Five Nights at Freddy's / Dual Shock kind of works but Move controllers are WAY better

Resident Evil 7 / Dual Shock works great

Beat Saber / Move controllers required and a must own VR game

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood / I can't imagine playing without Move contollers

Wipeout / Dual Shock works great

Dirt Rally 2 / Dual Shock works great

Skyrim VR / Way better with Move controllers

Doom VFR / I actually prefer Dual Shock on this one

Surgeon Simulator / Move controllers work best

Arizona Sunshine / Way better with Move controllers

I Expect You to Die / Move controllers all the way

No Man's Sky / Undecided, need to play with both a little more

Ace Combat 7, Ultra Wings, Eve Valkyrie / Thrustmaster HOTAS 4 Flight Stick

• awp likes this

#21153 adonfraz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   558 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:22 AM

Some dude lost it earlier because I said some games played like crap on the S. Beware.

Someone get this man a cape with the Xbox Phat on it instead of the Superman S. He fighting the good fight.

#dontputxboxonephatinacorner

Looks like the only one who lost it is you.

Some people are fine with playing games like Witcher 3 & Skyrim on the Nintendo Switch so it stands to reason the OG X1 and S is acceptable for users who don't mind playing games at a lower res or have not invested in a 4K TV yet.

#21154 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4415 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:26 AM

At church today I was sitting next to a guy looking at the $199 PS4 Fortnite on Amazon. I advised him to buy the $199 one from Best Buy or Walmart with God of War, Last of Us and Horizon Zero Dawn. What a great time to get in on the console. He doesn’t have a modern system so just think of the library he is coming into at this point.

#21155 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6317 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:26 AM

Like this post to enter a drawing for the Anniversary Collection of either Castlevania or Contra.  Winner's choice.

Winner will be drawn Sunday evening.

Let's make it a double.  The winners of a Konami anniversary collection are SackAttack and jimbo8574.  Congratulations!

#21156 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8232 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:47 AM

Thanks Bloomy!

#21157 RiPPn  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:58 AM

Off topic but tempted to get a PSVR with one or these BF deals. Should I give in? Yes, I could ask in the PSN thread, but you guys are cooler. :)

Get it for Astro Bot alone.  That is one of my favorite games of this generation.  It is the most innovative platformer since Mario 64.  It is that good.

#21158 movie2cats   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:25 AM

Ducktales Remastered is on sale on Amazon for $3.75. It's been delisted, so this is probably the only way to buy it digitally:

https://www.amazon.c...74528747&sr=1-2

Afternoon Collection is only $5 too. Thanks for sending me down this rabbit hole! I totally miss these games.

The Disney Afternoon Collection - Xbox One [Digital Code] https://www.amazon.c...i_OJ02DbPMMQB8M

#21159 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2538 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:44 AM

Some people are fine with playing games like Witcher 3 & Skyrim on the Nintendo Switch so it stands to reason the OG X1 and S is acceptable for users who don't mind playing games at a lower res or have not invested in a 4K TV yet.

If someone has never played in 4k or on superior hardware, I think they'd be fine playing any game on an S. This is why I don't look at TV sets or sound systems in store. I won't know I need it if I don't see it.

#21160 Bowie88   Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster CAGiversary!   378 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 04:03 AM

Apparently they are the only major retailer that has this restriction, I finally found a page confirming it. Feeling rather annoyed, I had planned to use it on the XBL sale and otherwise never step foot in Wal-Mart.

This was years ago, but I had the same issue. Even called customer support for Walmart, to which they said you cant buy gift cards with gift cards. So I decided to try it in store. Loaded my Walmart credit to their app through Walmart Pay, and it actually worked. So I know the pain that it is, but try going in store and grabbing the credit.

In other news, signed into my wife's account, and saw an Xbox message. Low and behold, she got the free $10 code. Checked my account, I just keep getting the "Spend your Microsoft points on a $5 reward". Yes, Microsoft, I am aware I can spend my plethora of points. Doesn't mean I will.

#21161 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1164 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 25 November 2019 - 04:45 AM

This was years ago, but I had the same issue. Even called customer support for Walmart, to which they said you cant buy gift cards with gift cards. So I decided to try it in store. Loaded my Walmart credit to their app through Walmart Pay, and it actually worked. So I know the pain that it is, but try going in store and grabbing the credit.

In other news, signed into my wife's account, and saw an Xbox message. Low and behold, she got the free $10 code. Checked my account, I just keep getting the "Spend your Microsoft points on a $5 reward". Yes, Microsoft, I am aware I can spend my plethora of points. Doesn't mean I will.

Was trigger happy and very quickly dismissed the message that said I had $5. Any way of getting it back?

#21162 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2745 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:19 AM

Other than giving MS a call, I can't think of one. Hopefully, it was the message where you use your points to get the $5 that was going around a few days ago. 

#21163 braiiins   Braiiins CAGiversary!   1242 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:34 AM

Other than giving MS a call, I can't think of one. Hopefully, it was the message where you use your points to get the $5 that was going around a few days ago.

I don't know if it's the same for everyone but I got a notification (so it doesn't show up in my xbox messages) about redeeming points for $5 in credit and my roommate got an actual message that included a code worth $5 credit.

#21164 Kristaps Schwartzingis  

Kristaps Schwartzingis

Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:41 AM

It still grinds my gears when people say a big reason they won't upgrade to an X is because they don't have a 4KTV. The TV is just the cherry on top, people. You'll see the difference in your games just from the hardware itself, even if you have a normal LED set. It's NICE to have 4K and HDR, but it's not what defines the X.

#21165 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   763 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:49 AM

It's not just you. The benefits of the X console are huge. Between stability, better graphics, and faster loading times I can't even look at an OG xbox one anymore unless I was older or BC titles.

Could you tell Bethesda that's how it is supposed to be? My girlfriend and I played Fallout 4 side by side a year and a half ago, going to the same locations at the same time, and she ALWAYS loaded faster on her S than I did on my X. Same thing with Fallout 76, I'll fast travel to a location first, she follows a second or two later, yet she loads in 5+ seconds faster than me without fail every time. She always loads into the game before I do too.

#21166 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1547 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:07 AM

At church today I was sitting next to a guy looking at the $199 PS4 Fortnite on Amazon. I advised him to buy the $199 one from Best Buy or Walmart with God of War, Last of Us and Horizon Zero Dawn. What a great time to get in on the console. He doesn’t have a modern system so just think of the library he is coming into at this point.

Seriously, that's probably the best console bundle ever made in terms of sheer game quality.  :)

#21167 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   429 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:15 AM

Could you tell Bethesda that's how it is supposed to be? My girlfriend and I played Fallout 4 side by side a year and a half ago, going to the same locations at the same time, and she ALWAYS loaded faster on her S than I did on my X. Same thing with Fallout 76, I'll fast travel to a location first, she follows a second or two later, yet she loads in 5+ seconds faster than me without fail every time. She always loads into the game before I do too.

I would not think that this is related to the X or the game per se, it's most likely a HD issue. I really wish that the X came with an SSD. There are a few things that could cause a variance between spinning hard drives. Slower read and write speeds could be caused by the drive being filled to capacity, 80-90 percent for example. The X HD may need to have it's cache reset from the systems settings. Maybe there is a bad sector in the HD. And it could be just a different branded HD or batches if they are from the same company.

Again I really wished the X1X came with an SSD or at least a Hybrid Drive like the older Xbox Elite. Nowadays I stick with USB3 external drives and SSD's as they are way faster than the aging internal Sata 2 connection.

#21168 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3501 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:48 AM

I pay no attention whatsoever to the rewards schedule, so is it assumed there won't be a hot deal on currency during this sale? I'm sitting on enough to get $25 which would be nice but I'd feel stupid if they dropped a better deal this week.

#21169 redonkalous  

redonkalous

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:51 AM

I was planning on just waiting for the Scarlett since new Xbox games will still be playable on my launch Xbox One but I was gifted an X a few months ago. And it made me a believer, even on my budget TCL 4 series 65’ TV I see and notice the difference. Before I received the X, I was playing Watch Dogs 2, Gears 5 and Borderlands 3. My Day One Xbox started tripping out, maybe because I was recording funny Invasion clips from Watch Dogs 2, other than that I was ok with my Day One. But once I started playing the same games on the X, wow things just looks more crisp and runs more smooth plus it’s so silent. I don’t know why but playing Borderlands 3 on the X was giving me eye issues because it ran smoother and colors popped more or something ha. I guess I’ll just have to get use to it. The X is a beast, can only imagine what the Scarlett will offer.

And thanks to GamePass I checked out Enhanced games like Forza Horizon 4 and that game looks so good on the X and it’s pretty fun. I’m going to try out those Tomb Raider games next. I also checked out RDR2 too and after the snow parts, I really started seeing the Enhancements on the X. And I think because of GamePass and Quests, I find myself hopping game to game, it changed my gaming habit. I think it’s good because it’s actually helping me with backlog. I’m doing the same thing for exclusives on the PS4 Pro now too. Thanks to GamePass and the X, I’m playing more.

#21170 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3159 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:13 AM

And it's ok that people like their games running like crap. That's their choice. I like mine running buttery smooth.

#21171 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   4415 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:57 AM

And it's ok that people like their games running like crap. That's their choice. I like mine running buttery smooth.

I wouldn’t even call my X buttery smooth lol.

#21172 MsMaroon  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 09:19 AM

Some dude lost it earlier because I said some games played like crap on the S. Beware.

I said you are wrong. Hardly losing it. Sorry you act like a three year old when told that.

#21173 WigBuster   Banned Banned   296 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

WigBuster

Posted 25 November 2019 - 09:26 AM

I said you are wrong. Hardly losing it. Sorry you act like a three year old when told that.

The kid has mommy buy all his stuff for him, I wouldn't give much into it

#21174 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3159 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:41 AM

The kid has mommy buy all his stuff for him, I wouldn't give much into it

Mommy loves me what can I say?

#21175 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3159 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:42 AM

I wouldn’t even call my X buttery smooth lol.

Ok you're right crunch bar smooth.

#21176 Razzel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   788 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:11 PM

I’m 15 bucks away from completing the punchcard, any recommendations?

#21177 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3159 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:26 PM

I’m 15 bucks away from completing the punchcard, any recommendations?

If I buy through the Xbox phone app I'll still get credit right? I don't need to buy it on the actual Xbox.

#21178 Razzel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   788 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:30 PM

If I buy through the Xbox phone app I'll still get credit right? I don't need to buy it on the actual Xbox.

I don’t see why not, as long as it’s part of the sale. If you didn’t get credit you could just contact support

#21179 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3159 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:34 PM

I don’t see why not, as long as it’s part of the sale. If you didn’t get credit you could just contact support

Ah ok. I'm on vacation and didn't bring my Xbox

#21180 ryverse   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   176 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:44 PM

Man, not many headset deals at all this year...