* * * - - 20 votes

XBL Deals - Divinity, Lords of the Fallen, V-Rally 4, more | Sonic | GwG: Rivals of Aether, NHL 19; EDF 2017

#5881 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   642 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 22 March 2019 - 08:37 PM

I also want to be playing Sekiro this weekend but wont because I am broke and the wife will have me digging in the yard.  Planting season has arrived.

rent the game from the video store

#5882 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   642 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 22 March 2019 - 08:42 PM

im still on the fence about Mafia 3 dlc do i buy it or do i not someone help....

#5883 Doctor Zod   Phantom Zone permanent resident CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Doctor Zod

Posted 22 March 2019 - 09:04 PM

Game isn't even out yet and we already have DLC annoucements.

I sure hope that rumor is true and this hits GamePass/

Well, the game's coming out a month from tomorrow. I doubt there's just going to chill and have everyone go home on vacation. And is hardly the first time a (fighting) game announces DLC before lunch.

I'm giving MK11 a pass because I'm pretty sure development on the main game is done or about to. But if we were 3, 4, 5 or 6 months from release, I wouldn't hesitate to call out NRS.

#5884 Burning Karma   Ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah CAGiversary!   893 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Burning Karma

Posted 22 March 2019 - 09:35 PM

Well, the game's coming out a month from tomorrow. I doubt there's just going to chill and have everyone go home on vacation. And is hardly the first time a (fighting) game announces DLC before lunch.

I'm giving MK11 a pass because I'm pretty sure development on the main game is done or about to. But if we were 3, 4, 5 or 6 months from release, I wouldn't hesitate to call out NRS.

Yeah, I mean, it already has a season pass with it so obviously new fighters were going to happen.

I love that they brought Cary-Hiroyuki in for this. This is probably the best use of their new likeness stuff.

#5885 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4075 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 22 March 2019 - 09:36 PM

Did anyone else get a message from MS thanking them for being DMC fan and giving a code for the Monkey Business DLC for Devil May Cry 5?

Or just wait.  I'm sure it'll be like MK9 & 10 and the two Injustice game, where there will be a "komplete" edition with all the DLC down the road.

#5886 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3078 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 22 March 2019 - 09:46 PM

im still on the fence about Mafia 3 dlc do i buy it or do i not someone help....

When the game was "free" on psn I thoroughly enjoyed that game and got the plat.Sadly I don have the SP for it on ps4 so I can't comment but if you enjoyed the base game then go for the dlc.

#5887 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9274 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 09:56 PM

Did anyone else get a message from MS thanking them for being DMC fan and giving a code for the Monkey Business DLC for Devil May Cry 5?

Yep. I got one.

#5888 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4236 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:07 PM

Any????? Step back 3? So people didn’t even play real games? It was three pointer after 3 pointer, unless there was a steal

yup. There was also a glitch if you paused the game when your guy was taking the ball out of bounds after a made basket that all the player would just stand around. So if someone was losing all they to do was pause and they could wait around for hours until you had to quit and get the lose. Good times.

#5889 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10406 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:33 PM

yup. There was also a glitch if you paused the game when your guy was taking the ball out of bounds after a made basket that all the player would just stand around. So if someone was losing all they to do was pause and they could wait around for hours until you had to quit and get the lose. Good times.

That's some high quality H2O QA there...

#5890 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1383 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:44 PM

I know announcing a dlc character before the game releases is kinda a bad look, but how else are they gonna get people to buy in to the character pass? Gotta advertise somehow of what's to come rather than consumers and a blind faith the pass will be good. At least the dlc isn't baked onto the disc like another dev does with their fighters(Capcom, wasn't it?)

Totally digging that Noob trailer. And the og movie actor's likeness and voice for MK11??? Awesome

#5891 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2385 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:28 PM

Apparently there is an internal memo from GameStop stating Sony is pulling digital retail games from all retailers starting April 1, and PSN will be the only place digital games are sold afterward.

That would include retailers like Amazon, digital preorders via b2g1 sales, etc. I assume most digital sales are directly from PSN, XBL, etc, but it seems odd to limit the ways people can purchase content.

#5892 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:34 PM

Apparently there is an internal memo from GameStop stating Sony is pulling digital retail games from all retailers starting April 1, and PSN will be the only place digital games are sold afterward.

That would include retailers like Amazon, digital preorders via b2g1 sales, etc. I assume most digital sales are directly from PSN, XBL, etc, but it seems odd to limit the ways people can purchase content.

RIP trade thread.

#5893 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3998 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:54 PM

I know announcing a dlc character before the game releases is kinda a bad look, but how else are they gonna get people to buy in to the character pass? Gotta advertise somehow of what's to come rather than consumers and a blind faith the pass will be good. At least the dlc isn't baked onto the disc like another dev does with their fighters(Capcom, wasn't it?)

Totally digging that Noob trailer. And the og movie actor's likeness and voice for MK11??? Awesome

It's still shitty. If they're showing a character this early it is possible it's going to be ready for launch. I get that a game goes Gold early for it to have time to be printed to discs, but it just feels bad. I don't think companies need to be that desperate to sell a season pass. We're already spending $60 or more if we buy a game on day one.

Looking at two other examples, I think Soul Calibur did it badly. Everything dataminers have found about it point to Tira being base roster character that was ripped out to have a "bonus" for buying the Season Pass. Compare that to Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Basically if you played the game in the first three months after launch you got their first DLC for free. Their bonus was a just a costume. I'd be a lot happier if more games followed that example, especially when they already have a pre-order character like MK11 does.

To be fair to MK11, they didn't say Shang Tsung will be available on day one, but he's already modeled and voice so there is a good chance he will be. I think I'd feel a lot better about it if the teaser was along the lines of Negan's announcement for Tekken 7, which was a photo from the show with some voice acting. It still worked for building the hype(?) for the character and let us knew who was coming, but it was easy to see he wasn't ready to go. I guess my example there isn't the best comparison since Shang Tsung is an NPC in base MK11.

The Capcom thing you're referring to was ridiculously brazen, on Street Fighter x Tekken they held back 12 characters that were on disc to give the Vita version that was releasing later the advantage of having them first. Not to mention the inexplicably PS3 exclusive Pac-Man and Mega Man were on disc on the the 360 version. That whole thing was a clusterfuck that hasn't been matched, and seemed like it was the result of a Sony marketing deal. Capcom entirely moved away from that on-disc model after a few games got shit on for it.

Edit: one last thing, I think NetherRealm could have pushed up this announcement due to the full roster leak kind of taking the wind out of their sales, but WB likes to announce DLC early, and Injustice 2 did the same thing.

#5894 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9274 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:54 PM

That’s fucked up. Sony really has been so incredibly anti-consumer this gen.

#5895 deszaras   Wait...what? CAGiversary!   888 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

deszaras

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:58 PM

I guess it's time to finally play the first game, I hear the story itself is top-tier even if the game is flawed. I would say I'd like a port of 1 to consoles but looking at the reviews it's heavily suggested to play with a fan made mod that fixes a lot of issues and adds cut content.

Honestly I would like to see a new Duke. They've owned the rights for 9 years now and all we've gotten since Forever is a port of Duke 3D with some new levels and a paid DLC to an extremely overpriced port of Bulletstorm. I don't know if Gearbox could still make a good straight-forward FPS, but it's not like it would have the extreme baggage that Forever brought with it from 3D Realms. It's insane to me that Shadow Warrior is two games deep in a successful reboot before anything substantial could be done with Duke. At least Ion Maiden looks good I guess.

I loved Vampire The Masquerade. Yes the game was sort of broken but the story was great. If I remember right, there were a lot of fan made patches that helped fix the games problems. You should definitely play it.

#5896 dorath  

Posted 23 March 2019 - 12:07 AM

Im always ..... Respectful..... Of anything having a 4/1 date.

#5897 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   403 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2019 - 12:12 AM

Character passes are just a part of fighting games now.  Vote with your wallet by buying it or not.  At least with a NRS/WB game you know there will be a cheap complete edition once all the content is out (not to mention that they actually launch a product with tons of content/modes and a story with AAA production values).

#5898 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   526 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 23 March 2019 - 12:17 AM

There are times when I feel like I'm the only one who just waits for the "complete" edition on fighting games.  They can announce every character in the history of the franchise (and another slew of crossover characters) and I could care less.

Of course, I also only play fighting games for couch co-op, so there's no burning desire to get them early anyway.

#5899 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2385 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 23 March 2019 - 12:34 AM

Im always ..... Respectful..... Of anything having a 4/1 date.

It’s the start of the fiscal year, so it’s probably real, but obviously anything is possible.

#5900 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1626 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 23 March 2019 - 12:36 AM

I just switched over completely due to their anti consumer behavior on the ps store and I don’t regret it. I really like how Microsoft is innovating and would rather be on it.

#5901 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2256 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 23 March 2019 - 12:41 AM

That's what happens when you're winning.

#5902 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3998 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 23 March 2019 - 12:45 AM

It seems I got the Monkey DLC for DMC5. I haven't played the full game yet, just one of the demos and the 360 version of the Trilogy lately. My only other thing was buying 4 as a gift for someone a couple weeks ago. I looked it up and apparently it was a pre-order bonus for Amazon Japan.

There are times when I feel like I'm the only one who just waits for the "complete" edition on fighting games.  They can announce every character in the history of the franchise (and another slew of crossover characters) and I could care less.

Of course, I also only play fighting games for couch co-op, so there's no burning desire to get them early anyway.

I think this really depends how invested in the game or genre you are. If you want to be competitive or even just play a game online with the best player experience (a large playerbase that isn't just the hardcore who stick around for years), you pretty much have to get the base game early, like most other multiplayer games that only get support for a year or two. I'm willing to wait for a sale or price drop on fighters I'm not as invested in. Soul Calibur is my favorite so I was in day one. I thought Injustice 2 just looked great with a ton of features so I also was in on day one for about a month, then was able to trade it in for about what I paid and re-bought the complete edition later. I probably would have bought Street Fighter V on day one but that exclusivity deal saved me from that mistake.

I get waiting to get everything for casual play, but even the casual group I know that likes fighters will get something at launch because of the hype, which they did for Dragonball.

#5903 Bowie88   Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster CAGiversary!   231 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2019 - 01:14 AM

It's still shitty. If they're showing a character this early it is possible it's going to be ready for launch. I get that a game goes Gold early for it to have time to be printed to discs, but it just feels bad. I don't think companies need to be that desperate to sell a season pass. We're already spending $60 or more if we buy a game on day one.

one last thing, I think NetherRealm could have pushed up this announcement due to the full roster leak kind of taking the wind out of their sales, but WB likes to announce DLC early, and Injustice 2 did the same thing.

This is true. Remember when they announced the first 3 season pass characters, and then silhouetted the other 6 characters to make it "impossible" to know who was coming? I mean, kudos to those that predicted Black Manta.

I feel like they could do something similar with MK11, but they've had such a more unpredictable DLC list, it might be difficult.

#5904 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2331 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 March 2019 - 01:29 AM

Count me in as well. I'd rather just wait for the complete collection to come out. There are other games in the backlog that'll keep me busy.

#5905 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1383 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 23 March 2019 - 01:52 AM

98% of the time, I'm the one to wait for the complete/goty edition of games which have all the dlc. But for Mortal Kombat, that is a true day one purchase for me. Doesn't matter if Shao Kahn is locked behind a pre - order bonus, thats fine by me. I don't mind forking down money for a game I KNOW will have a great single player(I swear, NetherRealm makes the best looking games this gen), a robust Krypt to keep me playing to unlock extras like art, characters, stages, skins, etc, multiple daily, weekly and monthly online events, a massive character customization section(which doesn't have ability options tied to it), insane gore with brutal beatdowns & fatalities that are ever creative......so yeah. I could keep going on, but to me its worth $60 launch day.

Now Injustice 2? I knew it'd be great but waited to snatch up the complete edition with all dlc when it was just over $10 disc on Black Friday. That's my choice. I get other's opinions and if they wanna close their wallet to wait for the komplete game a year down the road, no prob. But I will gladly pay day one to support these devs and Ed Boon who've kept this franchise I love, alive and well 25+ years and counting

#5906 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 23 March 2019 - 02:28 AM

DLC "on disc" still seems to be prevalent on the One. Capcom may be (have been?) the worst offender, but it seems many companies still do it. On the 360, it was obvious what DLC was just a license key because they were all 56k in size IIRC. On the one, I have "downloaded" a lot of DLC from numerous games with identical file sizes,10.09mb or something like that, suggesting to me that I only downloaded the license to content already baked into the base game from the start. But man, fighters are the worst of them all. Just one reason I avoid them in general, other than I suck ass at any game that depends on me being able to combo attacks. The latter may be the main reason. :-

#5907 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8593 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 23 March 2019 - 02:36 AM

i usually wait til the base game is $20-$30 with games like Mortal Kombat and Injustice then Ill buy the season pass later on when its on sale. 

#5908 RedPandaKids  

RedPandaKids

Posted 23 March 2019 - 02:57 AM

it’s hard to raise the price of games without pissing people off. But if you really like the game, it would make sense to get DLC. Hmm makes me wonder if the new system is 60 dollars is for most of game but to see full game the new bar is more money. Which is a change from the older way of DLC is extra- to DLC makes it complete. Seems like that when it’s the full roster of fighters

#5909 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3998 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 23 March 2019 - 04:02 AM

DLC "on disc" still seems to be prevalent on the One. Capcom may be (have been?) the worst offender, but it seems many companies still do it. On the 360, it was obvious what DLC was just a license key because they were all 56k in size IIRC. On the one, I have "downloaded" a lot of DLC from numerous games with identical file sizes,10.09mb or something like that, suggesting to me that I only downloaded the license to content already baked into the base game from the start. But man, fighters are the worst of them all. Just one reason I avoid them in general, other than I suck ass at any game that depends on me being able to combo attacks. The latter may be the main reason. :-

I think that's usually not because it's on disc, mostly for pre-order stuff, but for a lot of games everyone downloads the same data for total compatibility. This gets rid of shit like the million compatibility packs that Dead or Alive 5 hard.

#5910 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3998 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 23 March 2019 - 04:21 AM

Supposed leaked details on the disc drive-less Xbox One S.

-1 TB

-comes with Sea of Thieves, Minecraft, and Forza Horizon 3

-"will have the lowest recommended retail price (RRP) of all current Xbox One consoles"

-announcement in April, out in May

https://www.windowsc...al-release-date