* * * - - 15 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Enter the Gungeon, Mordheim, Farm Sim 17, 360 Worms, more | ID@Xbox Horror | GwG: Technomancer, PvZ: GW2; SW Battlefront II

#331 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:18 PM

The PS4 version of XII still sells for about $30, so I'm more okay with that, but X / X2 has been dirt cheap for a few years now, so more than $40 is insanity for that one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I guess the real question is will these titles be X1X enhanced?  Then I can see the MSRP being worth it.  Otherwise, I would wait for a price drop.

#332 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5568 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:54 PM

Gears Dev stream is live with the Canadian Longshot watch timer.  Retweet quest is live.

https://live.gearsofwar.com

Stream timer for the weapon skin has started.

#333 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3510 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:55 PM

Newegg is having a controller sale with code EMCTUUT36

The red and blue and grey/blue and some others are about $40

I want to order 3 but I might get killed by my wife since I already have 7 Xbox one controllers. She got me the red one for Christmas.

#334 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   747 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:17 AM

Gears Dev stream is live with the Canadian Longshot watch timer. Retweet quest is live.

https://live.gearsofwar.com

“Canadian Longshot”? Are we talking about the Toronto Maple Leafs?

Sorry, had to. I’ll show myself out.

#335 bear489   My Trolliest President CAGiversary!   922 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:47 AM

I snagged Wii U Sports Club for $9.99. Goes for $49.99 used still at GameStop!

Best I can do is tree fiddy.

#336 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10228 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:53 AM

FYI for anyone that got the first four Transformers movies in UHD for free from Paramount via UV, it looks like Dark of the Moon UHD is now available on Vudu.

#337 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2241 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:56 AM

I guess the real question is will these titles be X1X enhanced?  Then I can see the MSRP being worth it.  Otherwise, I would wait for a price drop.

The product description mentions X1X, but doesn't specifically state enhanced. I'm guessing they didn't want to sell the Switch versions for $40 because of the cartridge prices, and wanted MSRPs to match. Oh well.

#338 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10228 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:00 AM

Bestbuy, Amazon, and Gamestop all have them up. Don't know how long they have been up though.. just checked now.

I've got lots of promo Xbox credit waiting to be spent so I would prefer it digitally.  Plus, the games have TONS of content so they are good choices for digital ownership.

#339 Bowie88   Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster CAGiversary!   191 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:21 AM

This is from September from a 3rd party account, and looks like it talks about the Japanese bonuses, but based on the fact that the one labeled "7/11 Japan exclusive" is the one Amazon is advertising, I'd think the PS4/Xbox bonuses are probably accurate.... but yeah, I haven't seen anything official.

Spoiler

Thanks for this. Wish we knew stats on them as well, but it looks like a green Star Seeker, so I may be able to resist the temptation this way then, and just use a BB gift card I have while my GCU is still active.

In other news, Jumpforce has an open beta coming the 18th-20th. There's a good amount of playable characters, although Yugi isn't one of them. But hell, Yusuke Urameshi and Toguro are, so I'm good.

#340 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1929 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:35 AM

wow -- not a real surprise but still shocking

make up your mind

#341 ChrisD0811   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:48 AM

Any news on how much the hitman hd enhanced collection is? It's supposed to have gone live some hours ago in certain regions but I still can't find anything definitive...

#342 lightskintwin   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

lightskintwin

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:11 AM

Any news on how much the hitman hd enhanced collection is? It's supposed to have gone live some hours ago in certain regions but I still can't find anything definitive...

$60 dollars

#343 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3719 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:22 AM

I just hope the core of Bungie hasn't been irreparably damaged from their time in the hornets nest. Many of the lead guys that made Halo great were driven from the company and I don't see them coming back based on the circumstances of their departures/firings. There is obviously still a lot of talent in the studio, and I guess the coming months will clue us in on what to expect. My hope is that they build one final Destiny game that is updated for the life of the franchise, and has the engine issues that caused the slow dev time finally ironed out.

I loved this studio for about a decade so I hope this is what they need to get their heads out of their asses and really right the ship permanently. I think the dissolving of such a big partnership is unprecedented in the gaming industry so who knows what will happen, hopefully the leaky ship Bungie has been for the past few years remains for a bit and we get some details on what happened.

One immediate thing that will likely have a large effect soonish would be the loss of Vicarious Visions and High Moon Studios involvement. They've been co-developing the recent expansions and are 100% Activision studios. Maybe the stuff in the current season pass moved away from that I guess.

#344 Darthziggy   Friendly neighborhood lurker CAGiversary!   420 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Darthziggy

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:16 AM

I did the same. The bird game me the most trouble.

I freakin loved the bird guy fight though. Such a rush and feeling of accomplishment once I got him down. Glad people are enjoyong the game so far!

#345 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:36 AM

I visited Australia earlier to get the RE 2 demo and yeah Hitman HD Enhanced collection was 82 something AUD so equivalent to the $59.99 here. That's a very easy No for me and I actually liked Absolution. 

#346 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAG Veteran   374 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:55 AM

I really don't wanna pay $60 for Hitman HD Collection (especially without Hitman 2 and Contracts) but I'm going to do it anyway, and I expect it to drop by at least $30 in less than a month.

#347 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2576 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:05 AM

I really don't wanna pay $60 for Hitman HD Collection (especially without Hitman 2 and Contracts) but I'm going to do it anyway, and I expect it to drop by at least $30 in less than a month.

nah, GwG next month

#348 2ndopp   CAG Assassin CAGiversary!   181 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:06 AM

Huh... I've been in a mood to check out Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 and I was curious why they didn't drop to $10 for New Years like they usually do. Looks like they've been de-listed since July :( 

#349 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:53 AM

Ha that's exactly why I'm not doing it. I don't regret it but I bought Hitman 2 on release at full price and we were in the $30 range in a week or so. Granted that was the holidays but even still... 

Played the RE 2 demo, was worried on how it would control but I didn't have an issue. The gore is real and for some reason they like to say "shaq-fu" a lot, like junior high kids. It was pretty funny. 

#350 Touch3  

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:00 AM

Thanks for this. Wish we knew stats on them as well, but it looks like a green Star Seeker, so I may be able to resist the temptation this way then, and just use a BB gift card I have while my GCU is still active.

In other news, Jumpforce has an open beta coming the 18th-20th. There's a good amount of playable characters, although Yugi isn't one of them. But hell, Yusuke Urameshi and Toguro are, so I'm good.

Yeah, I'm definitely purchasing at Best Buy.  The remnants of GCU and the $10 cert are enough for me... and the keychain is just a nice bonus.

Though I think I'll be cancelling my DE order and getting the regular version.  I'm hyped for the game itself, but I don't think I'm $16($20) hyped for an art book and a pin.

#351 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3719 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:06 AM

That Hitman HD thing probably got rushed out fast before their deal with WB was worked out and they were super desperate for money, or after because they wanted some immediate return on their investment. Guaranteed to have heavy discounts pretty quick. I can't imagine it will sell that well when Hitman 2 just came out, and we have two juggernaut games at the end of this month. 

#352 braiiins  

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:31 AM

Has anyone had best buy delivery delay a game on them? I usually do in store pick up but I didn't feel like going tomorrow, are preorder delays typical? I'm guessing they don't do anything partial discount or coupon wise even though it's not an inventory problem? Guess I'll just wait instead of cancelling and going to the store.

#353 Bowie88   Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster CAGiversary!   191 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:58 AM

Yeah, I'm definitely purchasing at Best Buy. The remnants of GCU and the $10 cert are enough for me... and the keychain is just a nice bonus.

Though I think I'll be cancelling my DE order and getting the regular version. I'm hyped for the game itself, but I don't think I'm $16($20) hyped for an art book and a pin.

Yeah, Gamestop's fabric poster sounds nice too, but I'd be happy with one of the little figure guys for the office desk.

As much as I love and collect Disney pins, I can't justify the price hike to get the DE. The regular edition is just fine with me.

#354 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11526 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:21 AM

RE2 demo was fantastic. Hopefully reviews well because I really enjoyed my short time with it. HDR seems borked on my TCL tho.

What's with the high priced remasters? Hitman remasters $60? Oof. As much as I love TOV, $50 is a bit high.

#355 LoganDX   Five by Five, B CAGiversary!   1491 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:30 AM

Yeah, Gamestop's fabric poster sounds nice too, but I'd be happy with one of the little figure guys for the office desk.

As much as I love and collect Disney pins, I can't justify the price hike to get the DE. The regular edition is just fine with me.

I couldn't justify that DE either. Not when I got it pre-ordered before Amazon dropped the 20% Prime Discount on the vanilla version

#356 Xfactor19990   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3390 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Xfactor19990

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:51 PM

Is Plant vs zombies Garden Warfare 2 still active with a good community? Is Darksiders Definitive Edition worth getting over the free copy that I have for 360 backwards compatible from Games with Gold?

#357 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2576 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:44 PM

Has anyone had best buy delivery delay a game on them? I usually do in store pick up but I didn't feel like going tomorrow, are preorder delays typical? I'm guessing they don't do anything partial discount or coupon wise even though it's not an inventory problem? Guess I'll just wait instead of cancelling and going to the store.

Normally pretty good about launch day delivery.

For whatever reason though, bestbuy has changed a store pickup to “ship” before. Ticked me off and did show up late..
amazon when they still had the 20% discount screwed up more release day deliveries than they actually got right.

#358 Dunder   You can't handle my undivided attention. CAGiversary!   1031 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:13 PM

Just redeemed a 3 month GamePass subscription, going to knock out the two Metro games first but I can’t find the related rewards quests anywhere on my console.

Xbox site says “Head to the Xbox Game Pass membership area on your Xbox One console to find your quests.” Is this the the membership area in the My Games and Apps section? I don’t see anything related there...

#359 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2241 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:14 PM

Welp, my refurb 360 is actually not great. I hadn't used it for more than 10 minutes other than to rip discs and test out the disc drive.

Used it last night for a few hours, and after about 60-90 minutes, the display starts to get a horizontal split at the bottom of the screen that slowly creeps up. I thought it was a problem with the game I was playing, but it was on the dashboard too. Rebooting made it go away, and then it came back again within 90 minutes or so. Still haven't received my rebate, so I may just try to return or exchange. 

Why do people take such bad care of their stuff? I know the 360 hardware was a little more fragile than other consoles, but the number of busted, dysfunctional systems that are out there now make it actually pretty hard to find a reliable system now.

#360 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1929 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:28 PM

Is Darksiders Definitive Edition worth getting over the free copy that I have for 360 backwards compatible from Games with Gold?

The 360 version of darksiders is xbox one x enhanced, which gives it an edge over the newer warmastered edition.