* * * - - 15 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Enter the Gungeon, Mordheim, Farm Sim 17, 360 Worms, more | ID@Xbox Horror | GwG: Technomancer, PvZ: GW2; SW Battlefront II

#5821 even13flow   Founder of GamerNation CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:07 PM

I just got a $10 code sent to me via Xbox Live for being a great Xbox fan!!
And in celebration of whatever sale they are running now.

So did i. Quite stunned when I redeemed the code.

#5822 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5567 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:19 PM

Workshop Gnasher in the Gears Dev stream.  Retweet quest is up.

https://live.gearsofwar.com

They're also running 5x XP in all Vs modes until next Tuesday.

#5823 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   746 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:28 PM

I’m probably the only one here who took at day off for Civ IV on the PC back in the day. Only game I’ve ever done that for.

#5824 Doctor Zod   Phantom Zone permanent resident CAGiversary!   568 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Doctor Zod

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:34 PM

I did it for the last time when Mass Effect 3 came out.

#5825 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1376 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:48 PM

I took many days off back in the day to play games Day One. Notably Mass Effect 1 & 2, Rock Band 3, all the Gears games(same as Bloomy) and Halo 3. I remember skipping college classes to play Halo: Combat Evolved back in 02. Halo 2 was the last game I waited in line for, to get at midnight.

Who else other then myself still have Borderlands in the backlog?

Borderlands 1 and 2 + all the dlc. Played 10 mins of the first and unlocked the goomba achievement. Been in the backlog ever since.

Thanks to whoever said Just Cause 1 on 360 was 99 cents. Too cheap to pass up. Being backwards compatible makes it even more a sell. Falls into the sweet spot that any og Xbox game hits when its only a few dollars. Perfect impulse buy for the digital collection/backlog

#5826 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5567 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:01 PM

Workshop Gnasher in the Gears Dev stream.  Retweet quest is up.

https://live.gearsofwar.com

Watch timer has started.

#5827 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2162 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:31 PM

Re: taking days off
I took a whole week off for Fallout 4.
The day it was supposed to arrive, I had a recruiter call me for an interview.
I really wanted to play the game but took the interview.
Long story short--the whole week was one long interview process, but, the job turned out to be a good move.
Still havent played FO4 for more than a few hours.

That's a great story:

* you having lots of time to go through the interview process because you already had scheduled time off

* the happy ending of landing a job you like more in retrospect.

* the humor in knowing Fallout 4 is not really a role-playing game and is somewhat of a disappointment with series fans anyway.  Really, not much lost in your decision.

#5828 idogames  

idogames

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:57 PM

What they need to do... take a shot at Blizzard.

Announce Borderlands mobile. Show a short clip of it on a phone, and then have the phone be ran over by a claptrap. Then announce BL3.

Man, that would be a really COLD move.

#5829 Brainwave0   Farvegnugen! CAGiversary!   769 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:58 PM

PSA for anyone that purchased the Gamestop 360 last fall and got the $70 Visa gift card:

Per the back of the card. The card incurs a $3 monthly fee which is waived for the first 6 months.

I had planned to hold on to it, but see now that would be a bad idea.

#5830 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3716 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 22 March 2019 - 12:15 AM

I'm curious what the internet at GDC is like with all the coverage, but this looks unplayable to me. Stadia footage from the floor:

https://www.reddit.c...atency_footage/

#5831 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2576 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 22 March 2019 - 12:30 AM

I'm curious what the internet at GDC is like with all the coverage, but this looks unplayable to me. Stadia footage from the floor:

https://www.reddit.c...atency_footage/

Watched the first vid... wasn't that bad.

2nd vid... oh crap!

I personally want the game *on* a console/PC not streamed, too many factors involved to make a bad experience. 

#5832 xbox_man   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   780 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 12:52 AM

Received a message on the Xbox saying I earned Microsoft Rewards points via Xbox Game Pass quests. Select (launch app) to redeem your points and find this months quests.
I click through and I get no points, and there are no Game Pass quests listed. Anybody know what is going on?

#5833 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1128 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 12:54 AM

Has anyone ever used a sick/vacay day to stay home from work just to play a game? If so what game was it?

I did that back in the day for one of the Halo games, might have been Halo 3.

“If one of the announced games isn't Borderlands 3 people are going to be pissed.”
Would *not* want to be in the room if there is no BL3...

Don't you guys have phones?

PSA for anyone that purchased the Gamestop 360 last fall and got the $70 Visa gift card:

Per the back of the card. The card incurs a $3 monthly fee which is waived for the first 6 months.

I had planned to hold on to it, but see now that would be a bad idea.

Yeah, holding onto those is a bad idea.  I always instantly convert them into Amazon credit.

#5834 OldSlowGamer   Old Slow Gamer CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

OldSlowGamer

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:09 AM

Received a message on the Xbox saying I earned Microsoft Rewards points via Xbox Game Pass quests. Select (launch app) to redeem your points and find this months quests.
I click through and I get no points, and there are no Game Pass quests listed. Anybody know what is going on?

Same here -no idea, trolling us maybe?

#5835 OldSlowGamer   Old Slow Gamer CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

OldSlowGamer

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:11 AM

I took a day off to play both Battlefield Bad Company 2 and MLB The Show 10 - Both came out March 2, 2010 and it was glorious!

#5836 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   900 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:26 AM

Has anyone ever used a sick/vacay day to stay home from work just to play a game? If so what game was it?

Every FO game and expansion (excluding 76)

Edit : also Skyrim (each time it was released)

#5837 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   898 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:05 AM

Every FO game and expansion (excluding 76)

Edit : also Skyrim (each time it was released)

Each time? That's two weeks of PTO right there.

#5838 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10667 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:06 AM

Any thoughts on the Shadow of the Tomb Raider Season Pass? I am more inclined to buy since I have the base game on Game Pass but $20 still seems steep. I am liking the main game though.

#5839 deszaras   Wait...what? CAGiversary!   836 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

deszaras

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:21 AM

I got that same message and same that I didn’t get the points. I have no clue what that’s about.

#5840 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10228 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:30 AM

Who else other then myself still have borderlands in the backlog?

I played the panther piss out of the :360: games (minus TPS) and I bought the Gentleman ClapTrap version for :xb1:.  My remote control ClapTrap has an inner ear problem and that game is still sealed.

#5841 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2261 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 03:19 AM

I got the same. I was also thinking this might be the 500 pts for completing all the GP Quests since it didn't credit me right away.

#5842 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4897 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 03:31 AM

I got the same. I was also thinking this might be the 500 pts for completing all the GP Quests since it didn't credit me right away.

I got it too, but I haven't done a single one of them.  Keep forgetting.

#5843 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2367 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:00 AM

Hilarious.  Especially Dying Light

#5844 jsb2642   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   80 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:09 AM

I got one but it was the tiered bonus points for making purchases promo they ran a week or so back. Oddly, clicking the box on the Xbox didn't seem to work last night but I believe I claimed them on the website a little bit ago.

#5845 buckythekat   dv8 King of Concerns CAGiversary!   3243 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

buckythekat

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:41 AM

I took a day off work for KH3 most recently but ended up sick for 3 days instead and didn't play it at all :-/

#5846 bstringbean  

bstringbean

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:11 AM

Obviously Gearbox is only making you think they're revealing Borderlands 3 to throw you off the scent of the real news: Duke Nukem 5ever... or Battleborn 2... or Aliens: Colonial Marines 2? You know, all their other fan-favorites.

Disclaimer: I enjoyed Battleborn but releasing within a week of Overwatch was a major mistake and it never found a sustainable audience.

#5847 xbox_man   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   780 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:11 AM

I got one but it was the tiered bonus points for making purchases promo they ran a week or so back. Oddly, clicking the box on the Xbox didn't seem to work last night but I believe I claimed them on the website a little bit ago.

I have not seen anything on the site.
It is weird the message says game pass quests as I have not seen them on the app on Xbox for a few months.

#5848 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3716 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:21 AM

I guess it's time to finally play the first game, I hear the story itself is top-tier even if the game is flawed. I would say I'd like a port of 1 to consoles but looking at the reviews it's heavily suggested to play with a fan made mod that fixes a lot of issues and adds cut content.

Obviously Gearbox is only making you think they're revealing Borderlands 3 to throw you off the scent of the real news: Duke Nukem 5ever... or Battleborn 2... or Aliens: Colonial Marines 2? You know, all their other fan-favorites.

Honestly I would like to see a new Duke. They've owned the rights for 9 years now and all we've gotten since Forever is a port of Duke 3D with some new levels and a paid DLC to an extremely overpriced port of Bulletstorm. I don't know if Gearbox could still make a good straight-forward FPS, but it's not like it would have the extreme baggage that Forever brought with it from 3D Realms. It's insane to me that Shadow Warrior is two games deep in a successful reboot before anything substantial could be done with Duke. At least Ion Maiden looks good I guess. 

#5849 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8955 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:44 AM

Sekiro is pretty freaking cool and just as hard as a Souls game. Some nice mechanics and do like the faster paced combat, through it just means I die quicker, lol.

#5850 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5567 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:11 AM

FH4 Festival Playlist will be dropping the 100% completion requirements down to 80%.

https://forums.forza...h-March-28.aspx