* * * - - 11 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Fallout 76, Skyforge, WRC 5/6/7, 360 CoD:MW, more | Deep Silver | GwG: PvZ: GW2, Adventure Time: PotE; MGR: Revengeance

#3121 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2507 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 19 February 2019 - 01:44 PM

Stupid question, can you buy gamepass/ea access with wallet funds?
Was going to use my rewards all year to pay for that and live which is already my rewards goal. Just trying to figure out my total points needed, if possible. I know the buying gamepass outright is speedy.. so discounted wallet funds should be cheaper.

#3122 Dunder   You can't handle my undivided attention. CAGiversary!   1030 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 02:21 PM

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is one quality game. After 20+ hours I beat the game with about 95% completion. It’s more of the same when compared to the previous recent Tomb Raider games, but I think that’s a good thing.

I definitely recommend to check this one out if you have Gamepass.

#3123 xbox_man   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   768 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 02:24 PM

The gift cards are the hot deal in the US too, only 20% off is disappointing since I was expecting to be able to get $60 worth right now but hopefully they’re available for the whole month.

Hopefully this isn’t the normal percentage off in the future.

Must have missed that or it was updating when I looked at it. Was going to get WWE 2K19 bundle, but now it is not on sale. Well I guess it will most likely be in another 2K sale later in the year, we usually get a few a year.

#3124 Kristaps Schwartzingis  

Kristaps Schwartzingis

Posted 19 February 2019 - 02:25 PM

I have 113,000 reward points....wondering if I should just keep building them for another year and get the next console for 50% off or something.

#3125 .Beowulf  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 02:33 PM

I have 113,000 reward points....wondering if I should just keep building them for another year and get the next console for 50% off or something.

I wouldn't cash them out at 20% for that many points

I'd wait and hope for a 25+% maybe even one of those 30% flash type of holiday deals when you're talking that much

#3126 Travisntucker   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   115 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Travisntucker

Posted 19 February 2019 - 02:46 PM

I know this is a longshot, but has anyone read anything about the Phoenix Wright Trilogy that is supposed to be coming to Xbox One? I think Windows Central suggested a Feb. 21/22 release date, but I haven't seen anyone (Xbox related or Capcom) mention it in a while. I know I'm probably one of the few, but I was really looking forward to replaying it.

#3127 lochdoun   Coast to Coast CAGiversary!   564 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 03:08 PM

Nice, I've managed to bank around 50k since the last hot deal. Gonna cash out for the upcoming spring sale.

#3128 capndan   It's for your health! CAGiversary!   135 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 03:56 PM

Do you have the DLC for Dark Souls 3? Have you played 1 or 2?

I picked up The Surge like two years ago and have barely put a dozen hours into it. I think I beat a couple bosses and just got bored. The combat is super unforgiving, the hitboxes are janky AF, targeting multiple opponents and trying to select the right weak point or attachment you want to break off is a nightmare, movement feels like you're on a hover sled, that horrible god damned song that has an option to be disabled but still plays every damn time you enter the safe zone, having to level up weapon skills so you're stuck using a build or grinding for hours to be decent with some cool new boss weapon that isn't even better, etc.

I don't recommend The Surge, even complete at this price, unless you have exhausted every other Souls and Soulslike. Ashen and Sinner on gamepass are pretty weak, but still better than Lords of the Fallen or Surge. 2D there's Dead Cells, Hollow Knight, Salt & Sanctuary.. Necropolis was kinda bad, I'd probably go back to Surge first.

DSR is still too pricey for what you get. 60fps is really damn nice, esp in Blighttown, but the character backlighting kind of ruins the darkest areas. The framerate is worth it over BC Dark Souls imo, but you can probably find a disc for a couple bucks.

Dark Souls 2 SotFS is the odd duck of the series. Lots of interesting ideas, but plagued by poor design choices. "People loved bosses, this one will have 8x the bosses and be the greatest ever!" "The game is too easy if you use a bow? What if hitting one guy aggros 8 guys in the area?" "New Game+ is just for upgraded rings? What if we throw a ton more extra hard enemies into the mix?" "Who cares how it fits together, just let people warp around and they won't notice the tower leading up to an endless lake of lava."

SotFS has its charm, and I think it was made to challenge co-op, but it is probably the worst of the three.

DS3 DLC is pretty great if you don't have it. Decent sized areas, lots of fun new toys, and the best bosses. You can also try for all 3 (4 technically) endings, various NPC quest lines, different classes, PvP, low level/upgrade challenge runs, etc. DS3 still gets most of my Soulslike play time.

Playstation has Bloodborne and Nioh, which are somewhere in the top 5 of Souls games.

I've played through Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2(360 and X1), and Bloodborne. Currently on Dark Souls 3 and have the DLC to play through. I also played Lords of the Fallen. Thanks for the feedback!

#3129 Kristaps Schwartzingis  

Kristaps Schwartzingis

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:01 PM

I wouldn't cash them out at 20% for that many points

I'd wait and hope for a 25+% maybe even one of those 30% flash type of holiday deals when you're talking that much

Yeah there's nothing I would buy over the next couple months anyway, besides Mortal Kombat and I already have that pre-ordered.

#3130 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:06 PM

Cashed out $70 and the $10 Denny Hamlin got me yesterday. Now I sit and stare at RE2make on the store page. I think I can hold out this time though until the first decent discount. Trials Rising coming out in a week, I might not be able to wait on that. 

dont buy it at full price wait for a sale its fun but its not that long

#3131 Dunder   You can't handle my undivided attention. CAGiversary!   1030 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:14 PM

How often do the Xbox gift cards come up as the MS Rewards Hot Deal? Quarterly?

I might hold off until later in the year since I have funds in my account and don’t want to get burned with the 90 day expiration date.

#3132 evful   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   620 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:15 PM

I know this is a longshot, but has anyone read anything about the Phoenix Wright Trilogy that is supposed to be coming to Xbox One? I think Windows Central suggested a Feb. 21/22 release date, but I haven't seen anyone (Xbox related or Capcom) mention it in a while. I know I'm probably one of the few, but I was really looking forward to replaying it.

Gamespot seems to think its this week:

https://www.gamespot...o/2300-6448386/

But who knows, I saw places saying this week was the Japanese release date and that it'll come stateside later.

This does line up with a TA story last month but they also said it should be the 21st.

https://www.trueachi...e-date-revealed

#3133 .Beowulf  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:30 PM

I might hold off until later in the year since I have funds in my account and don’t want to get burned with the 90 day expiration date.

Yeah I'd say quarterly sounds about right with sometimes an extra one popping up around some holidays. At least that's how it's been who knows about the future

I might save mine too or at least till closer to the end date. Not really anything I need and no reason to let it count down for only 20%

can always use it later on a live discount anyway or something and I don't think any great deals are gonna pop up in the next month or two (for me anyway)

#3134 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:58 PM

I've played through Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2(360 and X1), and Bloodborne. Currently on Dark Souls 3 and have the DLC to play through. I also played Lords of the Fallen. Thanks for the feedback!

If you made it through LotF, you might have a better time with the Surge than I did. It still suffers from being entirely set in industrial locations that blend together. The difficulty crossed the line between challenging and frustrating for me, and I didn't like that you can only make a melee character.

I left out Demon's Souls because I never got a chance to play it and you'd have to have a ps3. I would like to, but I'm not sure it's better than 1-3, BB, or Nioh so my top 5 still stands.

My gamertag is Capt Brannigan if you need a hand or want help finding every little secret. I know where they hide the cookies, man. I hook you up.

#3135 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:10 PM

no BC today? Fuck :twoguns: :fridge: :shame: :wall:

#3136 splattered   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   556 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

splattered

Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:22 PM

Max Payne 3 is on sale right now... BC this week?

#3137 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8822 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:35 PM

I’m betting there is no BC today because of the maintenance going on that actually will affect BC. Probably Thursday (I hope).

#3138 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:42 PM

I’m betting there is no BC today because of the maintenance going on that actually will affect BC. Probably Thursday (I hope).

your right i forgot about that maintenance there having on a old system today

#3139 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   775 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:13 PM

The credit I bought last time it was on sale is set to expire later this week. So, I guess they do it every three months.

#3140 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4886 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:31 PM

My first thought when I saw it on sale for 50% off.  I thought it would usually go on sale for 75% off, but apparently that ended in 2016.

Speaking of Max Payne, what game would people most want to see a remaster?  As in the gameplay was great, but a graphical overhaul and maybe a few gameplay tweaks would make it a real gem in this era?  I would say Max Payne 1 and 2.

#3141 RedPandaKids  

RedPandaKids

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:43 PM

My first thought when I saw it on sale for 50% off. I thought it would usually go on sale for 75% off, but apparently that ended in 2016.

Speaking of Max Payne, what game would people most want to see a remaster? As in the gameplay was great, but a graphical overhaul and maybe a few gameplay tweaks would make it a real gem in this era? I would say Max Payne 1 and 2.

I would like to see some older combat RPGs get a remake. Something like Witcher 2 would benefit from graphical overhaul and some tweaks to how combat feels.

Or KOTOR or even fallout new Vegas

#3142 mundial1345   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   533 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

mundial1345

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:43 PM

Rico coming to Xbox March 13 completely forgot about this game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3143 mundial1345   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   533 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

mundial1345

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:50 PM

Also announcement for Darkest Dungeon 2

#3144 Mr_hockey66   Lets go pens! CAGiversary!   7797 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Mr_hockey66

Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:31 PM

Rumor has it Patriots just signed kapernick as a backup qb

#3145 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8384 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:39 PM

Rumor has it Patriots just signed kapernick as a backup qb

About as credible a rumor as the one about Scalebound on Switch.

#3146 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1566 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:45 PM

While I would love that, I don't trust that as any kind of BC indication. The Rockstar catalog is one of the 20 titles that goes in and out of the weekly Xbox 360 deals on a regular. Ha I can't believe Alien Rage games aren't BC yet as much as they show up. 

#3147 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3491 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:49 PM

Twitch Prime has a free apex pack, you get a legendary skin for Pathfinder and 5 loot packs.

#3148 mundial1345   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   533 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

mundial1345

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:03 PM

Twitch Prime has a free apex pack, you get a legendary skin for Pathfinder and 5 loot packs.

https://www.twitch.tv/prime

Nice thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3149 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3581 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:13 PM

Anyone who thinks Scalebound is coming to Switch is insane.
The game barely ran on base Xbone and Platinum is already busy with multiple other projects which include 2 other Switch exclusives.
My money's on Mega Man Legends 3.

I assume this is sarcastic right? I doubt Platinum would ever want to work directly with Capcom, they only exist because Capcom shut down Clover Studios and pissed off Shinji Mikami with the RE4 exclusivity shitshow.

I think it seems feasible that Astral Chain is built from the remnant of Scalebound as Schreier sort of implied, but I don't see much crossover gameplay-wise and it certainly isn't the fantasy tinged game Kamiya wanted to make. If not, I don't think its impossible that MS agreed to sell \the IP to either Platinum or Nintendo and it just hasn't been officially put out there yet.

#3150 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8384 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:45 PM

I assume this is sarcastic right? I doubt Platinum would ever want to work directly with Capcom, they only exist because Capcom shut down Clover Studios and pissed off Shinji Mikami with the RE4 exclusivity shitshow.

I think it seems feasible that Astral Chain is built from the remnant of Scalebound as Schreier sort of implied, but I don't see much crossover gameplay-wise and it certainly isn't the fantasy tinged game Kamiya wanted to make. If not, I don't think its impossible that MS agreed to sell \the IP to either Platinum or Nintendo and it just hasn't been officially put out there yet.

Who said Platinum was working on it? The original rumour (which is definitely believable) was that Nintendo was reviving a very publicly canceled non-Nintendo game, that's all. https://nintendoever...ts-switch-talk/

Then another rumor surfaced and said the title was Scalebound because of MS failing to renew the trademark. But a trademark isn't the only thing stopping Platinum from shopping the game/what they made around, and that's on top of my aforementioned reasoning. Platinum is already working on 4 full games (including Bayo 3 which doesn't even have a release year anymore) and 2 mobile titles, and 2 of those full games are already Switch exclusives. Plus the obvious performance issues which would arise taking a Xbone game that already had performance issues and downgrading it for Switch (see: Yoshi's Crafted World which uses UE4 just like Scalebound and has issues because the engine doesn't play well with Switch).

The only scenario I could ever see happening is them making a new game from scratch and slapping the Scalebound title on it for easy sales (since the cancellation has inflated the hype for it).

Either way, I still think MML3 makes the most sense (originally 3DS exclusive so porting progress to Switch isn't a monolithic task, publicly canceled with a lot of fan outcry, MM11 performed pretty well recently). This is a bit of a stretch but Capcom also mentioned back in December that they were working on a new project that would surprise fans. 

“If we keep gradually increasing the size of our staff, I’m thinking that at some point maybe we might be able to handle four AAA titles at once.”

Also, in addition to that, we’re currently working on a title that will make our fans think, "wow, they’re making that?"

There are a number of projects that could be but it's not the furthest leap especially because the quote implies that it's not a AAA project (Legends 3 would obviously be a lower budget thing).

All we know is it's not Dragon's Dogma 2.
Even if it's not MML3, Nintendo could be working with Capcom on this mystery game and it makes more sense than yet another exclusive Platinum collab.