* * * - - 11 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Fallout 76, Skyforge, WRC 5/6/7, 360 CoD:MW, more | Deep Silver | GwG: PvZ: GW2, Adventure Time: PotE; MGR: Revengeance

#2251 OldSlowGamer   Old Slow Gamer CAGiversary!   490 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

OldSlowGamer

Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:05 PM

That should get you solid 1080p gaming. Might have to tweak some settings down from high to medium. The only upgrade I would absolutely recommend would be to put an SSD in there. Even a 2.5 sata drive. Especially if you can put an m.2 nvme drive in.  Install Windows on that. I'd also think about getting 16gb of ram in there.

You can get a 120GB SSD for $18+tax right now....perfect for an OS install.  It is the single best quality of life improvement you can make.

https://www.amazon.c.../?tag=pcpapi-20

#2252 Sielanas  

Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:20 PM

You can get a 120GB SSD for $18+tax right now....perfect for an OS install. It is the single best quality of life improvement you can make.

Agreed, cut me to under 20 sec boot. One of the reasons I went AMD is the free StoreMi that makes essentially a RAID, combines multiple drives as one letter and allocates frequently used to the ssd. Noticeable impact on my gaming with a 256gb nVme ssd and 2gb mechanical.

I would live a hybrid drive or similar situation on the next gen system, my WoW loads are much better.

#2253 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1566 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:33 PM

You can get a 120GB SSD for $18+tax right now....perfect for an OS install.  It is the single best quality of life improvement you can make.

I was almost thinking about adding yet another SSD to my Xbox One since I'm now in love with the loading time difference it makes in Red Dead 2, the aforementioned Forza Horizon 4, Pubg, tons of games. Then I found it had to be at least a 250 gb drive to work as an external on the Xbox One. Good price regardless. 

#2254 OldSlowGamer   Old Slow Gamer CAGiversary!   490 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

OldSlowGamer

Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:40 PM

I was almost thinking about adding yet another SSD to my Xbox One since I'm now in love with the loading time difference it makes in Red Dead 2, the aforementioned Forza Horizon 4, Pubg, tons of games. Then I found it had to be at least a 250 gb drive to work as an external on the Xbox One. Good price regardless. 

The 240GB version of the Kingston drive in my link is $29.99 too bad it's just short of the size limit

480gb is $59.99  

look here for the best current deals (I have no affiliation with them, it is just a really handy tool)

https://pcpartpicker...nal-hard-drive/

#2255 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4103 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:48 PM

Anybody need a division 2 private beta. Last letter of the alphabet.

3JKTV-V9JXJ-RPC9X-JRWT4-MDMY?

lurked. Thx for offering it up. If anyone happens to have a spare I’d appreciate it.

#2256 jimbobvaquero  

jimbobvaquero

Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:03 PM

After upgrading my PC to a 2tb SSD, I found putting the old 512gb ssd in an external enclosure and loading the currently playing xb1 games on it to be very much worth it.

#2257 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1025 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2019 - 10:04 PM

What’s the cheapest Halo: Master Chief Collection has been? I’d like to pick it up but I’m in no rush.

I think it bottomed out at about $8 on CdKeys. I paid $10.92 for my copy from them. That was in 2016 though. Haven’t seen it that cheap since

#2258 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3581 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 09 February 2019 - 10:05 PM

Speaking of Terminator, they just announced the name of the new movie, Terminator: Dark Fate. I'd say that's a good sign for MK, since the movie is about 9 months out still.

#2259 Burning Karma   Ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah CAGiversary!   882 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Burning Karma

Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:43 PM

I kind of think Pinhead is probably too obscure at this point. Those movies have been gone for a while and I don't think he quite reached the level of the other characters they've already used. Pennywise is hard to say, but he would be a hot choice out of the recent stuff. I could see licensing issues with the Stephen King, I don't recall any games connected to his properties other than Lawnmower Man way back on the SNES(?).

Agreed. I like Pinhead, it would be cool to see him in the game, but his series is pretty off the radar. A new one did come out last year, Judgment. It's up on Netflix.

I think she looks fine in motion, maybe they aged her up. Regardless it seems like most of the faces are going to change some since they're using real face models now. Skarlet looks great at least. NetherRealm clearly learned how to make slightly more grounded humans that look good effectively starting with MKX and really hit their stride with Injustice 2. 

This is just going to be the reality for a little while, it seems most of the games with more realistic looking characters are switching to real people being scanned to use as character models. Capcom did the same with Resident Evil 7 and 2, and Devil May Cry 5. It's fine with new characters like Nero's mechanic, but jarring with old characters dramatically changing, like Chris or Claire Redfield, Trish, or Sonya.

I get it. Doesn't mean I like the change in her look, though.

#2260 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   2110 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:54 AM

lurked. Thx for offering it up. If anyone happens to have a spare I’d appreciate it.

Do you still need one?

#2261 deszaras   Wait...what? CAGiversary!   818 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

deszaras

Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:04 AM

I know everyone is busy playing Apex Legends but has anyone tried out Realm Royale? I haven’t been drawn into the battle royale games but I played it last night and thought it was pretty fun.

#2262 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4886 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:24 AM

I have three friend invites I can send.  Looks like you have to friend me (JDawgg77 in ubiclub) and then I can invite you.  Anyone else want an invite?  Post here and go ahead and friend up.

#2263 Sielanas  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:46 AM

I know everyone is busy playing Apex Legends but has anyone tried out Realm Royale? I haven’t been drawn into the battle royale games but I played it last night and thought it was pretty fun.

Easily my favorite of the bunch. I would buy something for it if I had any faith in it sticking around.

#2264 deszaras   Wait...what? CAGiversary!   818 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

deszaras

Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:35 AM

Easily my favorite of the bunch. I would buy something for it if I had any faith in it sticking around.

I really like the look and the classes but I’m not sure it’s worth putting money down on for a game in beta when there are so many other royale games out there. If you’re like me who isn’t a highly competitive gamer, there’s the option to play the multiplayer parts of games like Halo, The Battlefield games from EA Access or Overwatch(which I plan on getting next time it’s on sale.)

#2265 MoCiWe   Sporked In The Heart CAGiversary!   7564 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 05:27 AM

I play/like pretty much all of the BRs out on Xbox, and I just bought the $10 pass for Realm Royale, I feel like I have easily gotten that much enjoyment out of it, and Hi-Rez is putting a lot into it so hopefully it'll be around. 

#2266 deszaras   Wait...what? CAGiversary!   818 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

deszaras

Posted 10 February 2019 - 05:43 AM

I play/like pretty much all of the BRs out on Xbox, and I just bought the $10 pass for Realm Royale, I feel like I have easily gotten that much enjoyment out of it, and Hi-Rez is putting a lot into it so hopefully it'll be around.

I was debating which was better. The founders pack or the $10 pass. I just have started playing so any advice you can give is appreciated.

#2267 Mr_hockey66   Lets go pens! CAGiversary!   7797 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Mr_hockey66

Posted 10 February 2019 - 05:44 AM

I thought rr was the better of them. The turning into a chicken adds a fun part to the game. I'm not into the br games though. I play them enough to get a few free achivements and then uninstalled them.

#2268 braiiins  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:02 AM

I saw my cousin playing realm royale earlier today and thought there was just a special event for fortnite for a second since that's all I ever see him play. I didn't play too much paladins but enjoyed what I did so I'll have to check out realm royale.

Been enjoying apex though. Put a few hours into it so far and got my first win. Felt good since I've played a few different royales and think this is only the second time winning one. Immediately following my win though I'm pretty sure I was in a match with a single other player. Got to a tiny circle after nearly 30 minutes and "apexplayer16" killed me basically before I even saw them. Was a bit of a bummer. Been in a handful of matches where I was without squad mates and maybe a half full server around like 3AM eastern. I don't know if they force it to start after a few seconds or what. I've never had to wait more than 10 seconds for a match to start but in the middle of the night I'm willing to wait a bit longer so I'm not alone facing squads of 2 or 3 by myself.

#2269 deszaras   Wait...what? CAGiversary!   818 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

deszaras

Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:15 AM

I saw my cousin playing realm royale earlier today and thought there was just a special event for fortnite for a second since that's all I ever see him play. I didn't play too much paladins but enjoyed what I did so I'll have to check out realm royale.

It feels like many of them have a pay entry fee. They each have seasons and bundles. When I think of Overwatch who updates constantly I can understand the price whether a I want to pay the price for the full game. These battle royals are total attrition with skins. I find RR more enjoyable than the others but since most of them are in beta/alpha/etc I have a hard time suppthem. While it’d be nice to support a small developer, they have so much competition.

#2270 Sielanas  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:10 AM

It feels like many of them have a pay entry fee. They each have seasons and bundles. When I think of Overwatch who updates constantly I can understand the price whether a I want to pay the price for the full game. These battle royals are total attrition with skins. I find RR more enjoyable than the others but since most of them are in beta/alpha/etc I have a hard time suppthem. While it’d be nice to support a small developer, they have so much competition.

I don't mind dropping for the basic bundle/welcome pack if I'm enjoying a f2p. I've spent at least $100 on Warframe, bought the God Pack for Smite, even been enjoying Brawl Stars on mobile lately so I've spent around $10 there too.

I'd buy for RR but the include mount is trash (give me a creature instead of another horse) and the I don't think there's even a chicken skin.

#2271 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2178 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:10 PM

The Target B2G1 sale includes preorders, which is pretty great. I've almost bought KH3 and RE2 at MSRP, so buying them with FFXII for $120 felt fine to me since I want all 3 of them sooner than later.

#2272 braiiins  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:32 PM

I find RR more enjoyable than the others but since most of them are in beta/alpha/etc I have a hard time suppthem. While it’d be nice to support a small developer, they have so much competition.

Yeah, I'm hesitant to support as well some times but I've enjoyed apex enough I'll be picking up the starter pack so I can unlock the last character. If I put more time in, or if it goes on sale in a few months, I'll think about the founders pack. Will be interesting to see if they do a battle pass type thing like PUBG or Fortnite. I'd have to think hard about picking one up though, I got the PUBG one with my friend but we picked up a new multiplayer game a few days later so wasted buying the pass.

#2273 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8822 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:49 PM

The Target B2G1 sale includes preorders, which is pretty great. I've almost bought KH3 and RE2 at MSRP, so buying them with FFXII for $120 felt fine to me since I want all 3 of them sooner than later.

https://twitter.com/...506702450380800

Debating on doing this with Devil May Cry 5, Mortal Kombat 11 and Sekiro. But my history with Target preorders is making me hesitant. They are sooo slow and sometimes can have problems. I had a 4K Blu-Ray preorder with Target that I literately did not get until a month after release.

#2274 kcobra22  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:30 PM

Yeah, I'm hesitant to support as well some times but I've enjoyed apex enough I'll be picking up the starter pack so I can unlock the last character. If I put more time in, or if it goes on sale in a few months, I'll think about the founders pack. Will be interesting to see if they do a battle pass type thing like PUBG or Fortnite. I'd have to think hard about picking one up though, I got the PUBG one with my friend but we picked up a new multiplayer game a few days later so wasted buying the pass.

the Apex battle pass starts in March for season 1. Each season will be 3 months, but I don't think they announced a price for the pass yet.

#2275 deszaras   Wait...what? CAGiversary!   818 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

deszaras

Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:13 PM

I don't mind dropping for the basic bundle/welcome pack if I'm enjoying a f2p. I've spent at least $100 on Warframe, bought the God Pack for Smite, even been enjoying Brawl Stars on mobile lately so I've spent around $10 there too.
I'd buy for RR but the include mount is trash (give me a creature instead of another horse) and the I don't think there's even a chicken skin.

There is a chicken skin with one of the bundles now.

#2276 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2233 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:56 PM

Mixer Lancer Skin in today's Gears stream.

https://live.gearsofwar.com/mixer

#2277 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2233 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:31 PM

Lancer skin is live

#2278 TooManyGamez  

TooManyGamez

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:37 PM

Has anyone played Tokyo 42? On sale for anime month and looks really wack (good)

#2279 entexman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   229 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

entexman

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:38 PM

My free used XBox 360 adventure at Gamestop has been very interesting. I got a used XBox 360 back in late November. I got my rebate a week ago which was fine. I did some testing of the 360 earlier in January and had an issue with the built in wifi. So I took it back to the Gamestop where I purchased if. They swapped it out for another used Slim and actually gave me cash back since the Xbox 360 was on sale last weekend for $50. I got back $21. So I tested this XBox 360 this past week and the DVD drive would not read disks and the controller had a busted D-Pad and the controller would intermittently turn off.  I went to Gametop again today for another trade.  The Gamestop employee said they were out of Slim models and would I be ok with an E model. I said sure. When he was testing DVD drive I noted it was an S model and he was not sure. I could tell just by the form factor. I told him to check the back and sure enough it was indeed an S model which I prefer anyway. He said the box must have been mislabeled. I agreed. Anyways I am on my 3rd 360 now. This one seems to work pretty good so far. I have been to Gamestop more the past couple of months than I have been for years.

#2280 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   880 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:46 PM

Just got back from the worst vacation ever, whose tryna fux with some Apex?