* * * - - 11 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Far Cry New Dawn, Destiny 2, XCOM 2, more | GDC, Square Enix | GwG: PvZ: GW2, Adventure Time: PotE; MGR: Revengeance

#5221 Antarael Dulacre   Royal Dhampire CAGiversary!   2565 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Antarael Dulacre

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:38 PM

Clayton Carmine Lancer is up as a surprise skin.

Ben Carmine Gnasher as well...

#5222 LoganDX   Five by Five, B CAGiversary!   1447 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:41 PM

Ginger because it's common with Asian food not Ginger redhead.

Sigh, yes I know. Joking is a lost art form

#5223 Mr_hockey66   Lets go pens! CAGiversary!   7799 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Mr_hockey66

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:47 PM

Oh I thought we were still doing bad jokes. I guess you could say the assassin's movies are a bad joke also

#5224 Sir Loinsteak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   454 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Sir Loinsteak

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:57 PM

So... I love me some wacky assassin movies, ala Smoking Aces, Polar (new Netflix Movie), and plan on watching Bad Times at the El Royale a little later today.  Any other suggestions?

I've played more games over the past two weeks while dealing with crazy panic attacks than I did all of last year.  Feels good to be back

I love movies like these. Crank and Crank 2 are both good ones in the same kind of genre. Shoot'em Up is also really cheesy and good. That one is on Crackle to watch for free. Close on Netflix, Deadpool, Kingsman, Kill Bill, Taken and Lucy are all good. Lockout is decent too and I second John Wick, Mad Max and Equalizer. I would be curious to hear thoughts on Equalizer 2 and Bad Times at the El Royale because I haven't seen them yet.

#5225 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3601 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:14 AM

Realistically that Castlevania collection will at best include some combination of the NES trilogy, Super Castlevania IV, Rondo of Blood, and Symphony of the Night. Personally I'd like to see some of the GBA and DS games, specifically Order of Ecclesia, but I doubt it because of the low res of the GBA and two screens of the DS.

I'm shocked at how much praise Harmony of Despair is getting here, it generally wasn't all that well liked as far as I was aware.

#5226 bigtime26   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

bigtime26

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:27 AM

Realistically that Castlevania collection will at best include some combination of the NES trilogy, Super Castlevania IV, Rondo of Blood, and Symphony of the Night. Personally I'd like to see some of the GBA and DS games, specifically Order of Ecclesia, but I doubt it because of the low res of the GBA and two screens of the DS.

I'm shocked at how much praise Harmony of Despair is getting here, it generally wasn't all that well liked as far as I was aware.

The Sega Genesis Castlevania game was completely underrated. Would love to see it on a collection with the 8bit and 16bit Castlevanias.

#5227 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1574 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:41 AM

Harmony of Despair was pretty good I thought, it's just not a traditional Castlevania game, but definitely had me on the "loot treadmill" for a bit. It was great for the early days of Xbox Live Arcade, jump in with 5 other people online and go on a boss rush. 

#5228 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2355 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:52 AM

I love movies like these. Crank and Crank 2 are both good ones in the same kind of genre. Shoot'em Up is also really cheesy and good. That one is on Crackle to watch for free. Close on Netflix, Deadpool, Kingsman, Kill Bill, Taken and Lucy are all good. Lockout is decent too and I second John Wick, Mad Max and Equalizer. I would be curious to hear thoughts on Equalizer 2 and Bad Times at the El Royale because I haven't seen them yet.

Yes!!! Shoot'em up!  Loved that when I first saw it back in the day.  Plus, ya know... Monica Bellucci.  This is gonna south blasphemous, but I've never seen Mad Max.  Watched Pet Cemetary 1 and 2 a few days ago... those movies are TERRIBLE now.  Funny how nostalgia had me naming those movies as classics before.

Game related... crazy sale on the MS store for physical games right now.  Notably, South Park FBW 7.99, Steep Winter Games Edition 9.99, The Surge 9.99, WWE 2k19 is 14.99, but showing out of stock now

Link is on the main CAG page

#5229 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3601 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:10 AM

#5230 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10144 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:21 AM

Yes!!! Shoot'em up!  Loved that when I first saw it back in the day.  Plus, ya know... Monica Bellucci.  This is gonna south blasphemous, but I've never seen Mad Max.  Watched Pet Cemetary 1 and 2 a few days ago... those movies are TERRIBLE now.  Funny how nostalgia had me naming those movies as classics before.

Game related... crazy sale on the MS store for physical games right now.  Notably, South Park FBW 7.99, Steep Winter Games Edition 9.99, The Surge 9.99, WWE 2k19 is 14.99, but showing out of stock now

Link is on the main CAG page

A pretty damn great price for everything you get with Destiny 2 Forsaken!

Well this tweet just took ALL the mystery out of the mystery. :)

#5231 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10144 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:23 AM

Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 (X1) is Free via Xbox Live as part of Games with Gold

https://www.microsof...Id/BNRH7BRC1D02

Gently scraped from under the table in the freebies thread.

#5232 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10144 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:27 AM

METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE shows free on this page, but doesn't appear to be free on this page yet.

EDIT - Just purchased for free, even though the product page still shows $19.99.

#5233 even13flow   Founder of GamerNation CAGiversary!   499 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:30 AM

Super salty about this MS Store sale on discs. Some super good prices.

For a company that is pushing digital and a streaming only Xbox, they should be giving us those prices digitally. I'd drop $50 right now if those prices were on Xbox Live.

#5234 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10144 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:37 AM

Super salty about this MS Store sale on discs. Some super good prices.

For a company that is pushing digital and a streaming only Xbox, they should be giving us those prices digitally. I'd drop $50 right now if those prices were on Xbox Live.

Typically the store price for the digital version is the same as the physical version (if they sell it), so it might be worth checking.  I'm all in for SP:TFBH (digitally) at that price.

#5235 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3601 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:41 AM

Well this tweet just took ALL the mystery out of the mystery. :)

I hope it means Maya is playable again, I usually play a Siren in Borderlands. One thing I'm wanting is more than 4 characters at launch. Hoping to see some of the Tales from the Borderlands characters too.

#5236 Biggquis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2355 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:41 AM

True.  I think I subconsciously skipped past that one because the cover reminded me of the cover for the first Destiny

Anyone down to team up in Division 2 tonight?  GT is Biggquis78

edit:  Wish I could use the same agent design I used for D1 by default

#5237 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   2991 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:51 AM

Typically the store price for the digital version is the same as the physical version (if they sell it), so it might be worth checking. I'm all in for SP:TFBH (digitally) at that price.

Mind picking me up a copy? Fellow DFWn

#5238 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10144 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:02 AM

Mind picking me up a copy? Fellow DFWn

If they have it, I will be in touch.

#5239 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   320 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:11 AM

Also got an apex starter pack...didn’t play apex or watch any mixer yesterday

However I did stream my play through of crackdown 3 that’s all I can think of

#5240 WeeeDoo  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:26 AM

If the gearbox tweets ends up being borderlands collection for switch I'm going to be disappointed. It likely will be a borderlands remaster, and not borderlands 3.

#5241 Bowie88   Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:30 AM

https://twitter.com/...2900225/photo/1

Tales from the Borderlands 2: Electric Boogaloo confirmed

#5242 even13flow   Founder of GamerNation CAGiversary!   499 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:47 AM

On my actual Xbox One I was able to get the Metal Gear GWG for free

#5243 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   1186 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:02 AM

METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE shows free on this page, but doesn't appear to be free on this page yet.

EDIT - Just purchased for free, even though the product page still shows $19.99.

I just got it on your first link. Both pages show free now.

#5244 2ndopp   CAG Assassin CAGiversary!   164 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:13 AM

So... I love me some wacky assassin movies, ala Smoking Aces, Polar (new Netflix Movie), and plan on watching Bad Times at the El Royale a little later today.  Any other suggestions?

I've played more games over the past two weeks while dealing with crazy panic attacks than I did all of last year.  Feels good to be back

The Gray Fox beat me to suggesting John Wick and Leon the Professional.

Boondock Saints is always a go to, but I didn't car for the second movie

Wanted surprised me with it's over the top wacky fun and I enjoyed it

Equalizer 2 was good, but way more serious

For something a little different try The Blind Swordsman: Zatoichi (2003)

#5245 2ndopp   CAG Assassin CAGiversary!   164 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:20 AM

Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 is free with Gold now

https://www.microsof...vot:overviewtab

#5246 deszaras   Wait...what? CAGiversary!   821 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

deszaras

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:03 AM

Although I have a couple of copies of Symphony of the Night, I’d buy it again if it was bundled with the DS games.

#5247 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3601 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:23 AM

Although I have a couple of copies of Symphony of the Night, I’d buy it again if it was bundled with the DS games.

Yeah, I just don't see it happening since it would take actual work to convert those games. The Requiem thing on PS4 was pretty bare bones, basically modified PSP emulation.

#5248 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1119 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:32 AM

Thinking of picking up Far Cry 3, Mass Effect 1+2, and Fable 2 from GS's 4 for $10 sale.

Is it okay if I start with Mass Effect 2? Or should I start with ME1?

I highly recommend starting with ME1 since the trilogy is essentially one giant storyline.

Any thoughts on the Vizio P55-F1 or Samsung NU800D? My nearly 8 year old Panasonic plasma finally died this morning.

The Vizio should be significantly better since it has FALD (full array local dimming) and a few other features.  See rtings.

Wacky assassin movies: Try Grosse Pointe Blank and Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

#5249 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   2991 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:03 AM

Can someone recommend a budget friendly 500gb ssd? I'm in the market for one to lower my black ops 4 loading and I game on an S if that matters.

#5250 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3601 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:07 AM

Man, do yourselves a favor and don't go looking at the situation in New Zealand beyond the official reports. Jesus.