* * * * - 8 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Just Cause 4, Monster Hunter World, Witcher 3, more | Anime Month, 2K | GwG: Super Bomberman R, Bloodstained: CotM; Jedi Academy

#661 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:07 AM

Not blind. He removed comments sometime last year.

https://majornelson..../site-comments/

Thanks I don’t go on his blog much because of this thread so hadn’t noticed til now.

#662 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3390 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:08 AM

The Alpha did little to sway me towards it though I did enjoy some aspects but not enough to make me lean towards grabbing it over say The Division 2. Also the load times were atrocious but I'm willing to think a lot of that was alpha issues, well see what it is like in the Beta.

Yeah, I'll give the beta a shot if possible. I'm just extremely cynical about how anything published by EA is going to be at this point. I would get it over Division, but I've never liked the realistic setting of the Tom Clancy games. Really, if Bungie can get their heads out of their asses with Destiny now that Activision is gone, I'll probably not bother with any other the other AAA attempts at the genre. Warframe puts all of them to shame anyways.

#663 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8619 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:14 AM

List of players/participants for my Australian Open $10 Xbox Gift Card + 1 Month Game Pass contest below:

Spoiler

I regularly watch tennis and don't know at least half of these players so I'm thinking this contest might be over by the 4th round haha. Good luck everyone!

Well, my guy sucks ass 😂

But thanks for the chance!

#664 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2148 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:38 AM

I've got standard Anthem pre-ordered but will probably wait on RE2 until it's first big sale...

Yeah, just like you, I've pre-purchased Resident Evil 2 and am incredibly excited to play it on launch weekend - and I, too, will wait for a big sale before even considering touching the dumpster fire that is my beloved Bioware's Anth....WAIT, WHAT DID YOU SAY!!!??!??!?

I kid, I kid.  You do you, man.

#665 .Beowulf  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:41 AM

BY9CMli.png

the 50 points email for bing rewards that should have arrived in your inboxes today offer 1$ for the special olympics for 0 points after you collect your 50 points for clicking the links in the email

please consider taking just a minute of your time to do that, thanks!

#666 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4057 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:50 AM

Celeste uninstalled after playing 10 minutes. If I didn’t have any good games to play I guess I could play this or go take a bath in fire ants.
People who think this was in the conversation for GOTY do not share my taste in games.

#667 deszaras   Wait...what? CAGiversary!   784 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

deszaras

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:47 AM

Anthem is a hard pass from me. Bioware/EA has done a terrible job making the game look appealing to me. So far it looks a bandwagon Destiny-style game EA demanded rather than the RPGs the studio is known for. About the same as when Visceral was put on projects they didn't want like Dante's Inferno and Battlefield Hardline. As is, I know Bioware for making games that are good because of the character interactions and decisions made, propped up with some alright at best gameplay. When you nerf the aspects the studio is known for into the ground, I'm basically going to look at the game like starting from square one. Most of the things that make looter shooters like Destiny, Warframe, or Borderlands work are things that Bioware has so far not been good at.

It’s a hard pass for me as well. I buy Bioware games for the immersive worlds, interactions, choices and great stories. Anthem looks like a complete Destiny ripoff and I had no interest in that either. I usually ignore online only games now that I escaped the world of MMOs. I did play some of the Division this month and was surprised it was better than I thought but I liked Wildlands much better. I agree it seems EA probably forced their hand into making this game. While I don’t hope Anthem doesn’t bomb, I want Bioware back making rpgs.

#668 Dagolara   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   609 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Dagolara

Posted 16 January 2019 - 02:12 AM

If you participated in those rivals events for FM7 over the holidays it looks like the cars have gone out by the looks of my gift tab.

#669 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3239 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 16 January 2019 - 02:30 AM

List of players/participants for my Australian Open $10 Xbox Gift Card + 1 Month Game Pass contest below:

Spoiler

I regularly watch tennis and don't know at least half of these players so I'm thinking this contest might be over by the 4th round haha. Good luck everyone!

Wow I have no idea who any of those guys are. I thought I casually kept up with tennis a little but this is clearly a wake up call that I really must not give a Fuck.

#670 Darthziggy   Friendly neighborhood lurker CAGiversary!   396 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Darthziggy

Posted 16 January 2019 - 03:18 AM

I was wondering if Blops 4 was going to have a FTP weekend, and just saw over in the PS thread that it was announced on the COD twitter account that the Battle Royale mode is free for all systems starting Thursday. So that’s one (not very mysterious) mystery solved.

#671 Woocls   Grumpy Old Gamer CAGiversary!   1214 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 03:26 AM

I love all the bandwagon haters. You all shit talking a game that we've barely seen. I'm not going to preorder it because I'm a CAG and paying full price is for chumps. That said, dragging a game before it's even out makes it that much harder for companies to even try pushing out new IPs. Instead we'll keep getting BLops29 and generic RPG 33.

#672 2ndopp   CAG Assassin CAGiversary!   135 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 03:30 AM

Anyone pre ordering RE 2? For me it's either that or Anthem or Fuck it and get both :).

Resident Evil 2 Deluxe Edition was one of the last games I pre-ordered while Amazon Prime still had 20% off new games (Along with FFVII). The ability to change to the original RE2 soundtrack sold me on nostalgia

Shenmue I & II HD is also $8.98 at Target if you can find a copy: https://brickseek.co...sku=207-32-1878

#673 Sir Sleeps A-lot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   404 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Sir Sleeps A-lot

Posted 16 January 2019 - 03:53 AM

Should I get far cry 4 Gold Edition or the Base game with Primal bundle

#674 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1435 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:26 AM

The Alpha did little to sway me towards it though I did enjoy some aspects but not enough to make me lean towards grabbing it over say The Division 2. Also the load times were atrocious but I'm willing to think a lot of that was alpha issues, well see what it is like in the Beta.

Unrelated, I decided to join the noobs over the weekend and messed around with Halo 5 pvp and can finally gift that gold pack that has been sitting in my inventory for about two years. So if anyone wants it, first to quote this post gets it. I'll DM you asking for your tag when I'm back around next (pretty sure I can only send it to friends or recent players) and I'll send it along when I get a chance. 

The Alpha did seem very non Destiny to me at least. They haven't done a great job of at least getting that out there since everyone seems to still run around and say it's Destiny. 

#675 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   2108 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:40 AM

Anthem seems nothing like Destiny to me, aside from shooting stuff and getting loot.  If anything, it resembles The Division a lot more (progression, building your loadouts, what we know so far about endgame), minus the latter's cover system and minus PvP.

Also, you all are crazy for not wanting to fly around like Iron Man.  That first trailer gripped me like a vice and has never let go.

#676 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10007 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:02 AM

I love all the bandwagon haters. You all shit talking a game that we've barely seen. I'm not going to preorder it because I'm a CAG and paying full price is for chumps. That said, dragging a game before it's even out makes it that much harder for companies to even try pushing out new IPs. Instead we'll keep getting BLops29 and generic RPG 33.

I pre-ordered the game to get access to the demo later in the month.  I don't think it will wrest me from Destiny 2's control (not trying to draw a comparison here), but I'll give it a chance.  If I like it I doubt I'll buy it day one, but we'll see.

#677 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5293 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:02 AM

If you participated in those rivals events for FM7 over the holidays it looks like the cars have gone out by the looks of my gift tab.

I had 4 cars waiting for me.  One of the rival events had 2 cars and the other had rewards for each 20% placement you had in the rankings.  I had checked last night and my placement was 28.8%, so I should've gotten more than 2 cars from that.  Unless a lot of people got in last minute runs to push me down around 10k spots in the rankings.

Didn't get the credits from that rivals event, however.  Between the new free car, new car pass pack and the rival cars, I did pop the 500 cars in garage achievement.

Also started up FH4 to get the in-game info for the stuff in the today's update.  Had the reoccurring muted audio bug.  Tried restarting the game, tried a hard reset.  Now I'm letting the XB1 sit for a while with the power unplugged to see if that gets it working.

Also had games shift from my installed list to ready to install, something I've seen others mention.  Had that happen over the weekend, but rebooting the console fixed it.  This time it persisted through the hard resets.

#678 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1435 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:12 AM

Even maybe more than Bioware, EA itself needs something good PR wise. I see that one Star Wars game debacle has officially come to an end. Seems like it's been doomed from the start, it does say that it was still light years out, and they have another Star Wars project besides the Respawn game supposedly coming out sooner.  I wish they'd just give us Xwing Vs Tiefighter with the full online experience that all machines are capable of now, but I doubt that's every going to happen.  

https://kotaku.com/e...game-1831786371

#679 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAG Veteran   304 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:19 AM

Good. It's not my damn job to make a game look appealing. Anthem looks and sounds like another time sink that doesn't respect my time. 

Maybe I'm wrong. I doubt it.

And really, who cares about new IP when it's modeled every off existing games? 

#680 Dagolara   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   609 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Dagolara

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:41 AM

I had 4 cars waiting for me.  One of the rival events had 2 cars and the other had rewards for each 20% placement you had in the rankings.  I had checked last night and my placement was 28.8%, so I should've gotten more than 2 cars from that.  Unless a lot of people got in last minute runs to push me down around 10k spots in the rankings.

Didn't get the credits from that rivals event, however.  Between the new free car, new car pass pack and the rival cars, I did pop the 500 cars in garage achievement.

Others on the Forza forums are also reporting missing cars and cash as well. 

#681 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2148 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:44 AM

Anthem is chasing the Games As A Service business model that I do not respect.  It took the top-tier Bioware talent so Mass Effect was left with left-overs in charge of the doomed project Andromeda.  It is partially the reason we are still likely two years out from Dragon Age 4.

The GAAS craze cannot end soon enough; its taking time away from too many great RPG dev teams to achieve poor results.  We were due for a great single-player Bethesda RPG in 2018, but instead we got the multiplayer-focused Fallout 76 - one of the year's biggest blunders.

I just want proper, highly-regarded Bioware single-player focused RPG games again released on a timely basis.  I'm 'hating' on Anthem because it is simply getting in the way of series I love (Mass Effect, Dragon Age).

#682 deszaras   Wait...what? CAGiversary!   784 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

deszaras

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:46 AM

Even maybe more than Bioware, EA itself needs something good PR wise. I see that one Star Wars game debacle has officially come to an end. Seems like it's been doomed from the start, it does say that it was still light years out, and they have another Star Wars project besides the Respawn game supposedly coming out sooner.  I wish they'd just give us Xwing Vs Tiefighter with the full online experience that all machines are capable of now, but I doubt that's every going to happen.  

https://kotaku.com/e...game-1831786371

I wasn’t surprised by this at all. I think EA needs to really step back and evaluate what they’ve done overall with Star Wars. Very little has worked for them. Maybe that’s why this game was pulled. There is an extensive amount of Star Wars games that were commercial hits and are still loved to this day. It would do them a lot of good to consider what made them great and use that towards what they do next.
Good god what I wouldn’t give for a new X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter but it’d have to be on PC using a joystick and keyboard.

#683 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10627 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:26 AM

FYI: Far Cry 5 Vanilla is $14.99 at GS starting today.

AC: Odyssey is $24.99. I might bite at that price.

Disk of course.

#684 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5293 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:56 AM

Looks like We Happy Few and Lego Movie Videogame could become available to Game Pass at 7pm Eastern tomorrow.

Spoiler

Others on the Forza forums are also reporting missing cars and cash as well. 

I can connect to the rewards site, but not the forums.  Some other MS sites are also having trouble.  Gears forums, messages can't load on XBL profile page, either Major Nelson's site got a bit of a redesign or it's not able to retrieve some formatting info.

#685 2ndopp   CAG Assassin CAGiversary!   135 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:06 AM

Capcom's short Resident Evil 2 stream shows what Noir mode looks like and previews the Deluxe Edition's soundtrack and sound effect swap at 2:50:30

#686 Armstrong x360a   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   956 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Armstrong x360a

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:11 AM

Celeste uninstalled after playing 10 minutes. If I didn’t have any good games to play I guess I could play this or go take a bath in fire ants.
People who think this was in the conversation for GOTY do not share my taste in games.

Hmm, did you unlock any achievements in that time? Always figured I’d give this a go but would rather avoid it on my tag if I’m going to hate it.

#687 Barry Burton   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1563 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Barry Burton

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:27 AM

Hmm, did you unlock any achievements in that time? Always figured I’d give this a go but would rather avoid it on my tag if I’m going to hate it.

so with all the praise from gamers and critics, you'll avoid the game because one guy here says he didn't like it after 10 minutes?

#688 Armstrong x360a   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   956 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Armstrong x360a

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:17 PM

so with all the praise from gamers and critics, you'll avoid the game because one guy here says he didn't like it after 10 minutes?

Yea, if my tastes are similar to his. But I don’t remember asking your opinion on it.

#689 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6135 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:25 PM

Didn't think we'd get to the point where Celeste was polarizing. Thanks, CAG!

#690 PapaTrees   Sinner Sinner Chicken Dinner CAG in Training   33 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

PapaTrees

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:57 PM

Am I dumb cause I cannot see these prices on the website.  Is there a sale happening later or the website hasnt updated yet?

Thanks!

Oh, nevermind.  I couldnt see the weekly ad on my phone so I didnt see it.  See it in the ad. Thanks for the tip!

FYI: Far Cry 5 Vanilla is $14.99 at GS starting today.

AC: Odyssey is $24.99. I might bite at that price.

Disk of course.