* * * * * 3 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Life is Strange:BtS, Alien Isolation, Halo 5, more | Far Cry | GwG: WRC 6, Celeste; Far Cry 2

#1021 CrewShadow   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   371 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:26 AM

Yeah for people that preordered or have EA Access

#1022 defgufman   Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you! CAGiversary!   1118 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:29 AM

Off topic warning.....Bestbuy has a GE 3 smart bulb starter kit with a google home mini for $30 with free shipping.
https://www.bestbuy....p?skuId=6290314

#1023 deszaras   Wait...what? CAGiversary!   751 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

deszaras

Posted Today, 02:13 AM

I’m really kicking myself for not getting Overwatch when it was last on sale. It’s $60 on the Xbox store and I can’t find any digital codes at any online retailer except Amazon and it’s $60 too.

#1024 Kristaps Schwartzingis  

Kristaps Schwartzingis

Posted Today, 02:22 AM

does anyone know if the halo 5 online community is still there? thinking about trying to clean up a few online achievements before i delete the game

It's very populated. Jump on it.

#1025 bear489   My Trolliest President CAGiversary!   885 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:33 AM

Those with the windows phone does it allow you to access your Microsoft movie and tv library? Hopefully they'll come out with a app for ios and android user can use to access their library.

Just saw this in my email:

For a limited time, score bonus Microsoft Rewards points on purchases from Microsoft Store. The more you spend, the more you earn. 

It’s easy—shop your favorite Xbox games and digital content from Microsoft Store between now and February 17th. We’ll tally up your total spend, and you’ll be rewarded: 

$25 – $49 = 500 points 
$50 – $99 = 1,500 points 
$100 or more = 4,000 points

#1026 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1353 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted Today, 03:31 AM

That doesn't seem great, and I noticed today they changed up the bing home page for MS Rewards searches to make me actually type something. At least I still have VIP star level till June, That's usually 6000 points on $60 for me. RE2make costs $60....  :-k

#1027 Dagolara   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   580 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Dagolara

Posted Today, 04:04 AM

Those with the windows phone does it allow you to access your Microsoft movie and tv library? Hopefully they'll come out with a app for ios and android user can use to access their library.

Yes. It is called Movies & TV, which if I'm not mistaken is the title of the app on the Xbox as well. 

#1028 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1064 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted Today, 04:28 AM

Same here. At least we have 10 months left! I've had my Lumia 950 for 3-4 years and it's starting to crap out. I looked at some phone prices for making the jump to either and it's too pricey. I'm just gonna shell out the $150 for a brand new Lumia 950 now and deal with that tough choice this December when we're forced to.

I picked up an HP Elite x3 when the Microsoft store had them on clearance last March. It should last me past the end of life for the OS. Then I might join the evil empire when it finally becomes a brick.

#1029 ilovexboxone   video game master CAG Veteran   280 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted Today, 04:33 AM

anyone know how long the demo is?

#1030 Darthziggy   Friendly neighborhood lurker CAGiversary!   380 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Darthziggy

Posted Today, 04:51 AM

I wonder if they’ll open up the Anthem demo to do a stress test or something as the weekend goes along. Don’t really want to pre-order - after all the price debacles in November and December, I’m hesitant to pre-order anything at all - but I may go with a month of EA Access again just to try it out some more. Enjoyed the Alpha, but it was very limited.

On another note, played some Celeste tonight for the first time since last May apparently (according to achievement progress) because of all the chatter around here. The controls are definitely not as tight as they should be, and yes, it’s hard as balls at some points, but it’s still enjoyable, I love the music, and beating puzzles/levels gives a great sense of achievement. I only did level 8 (which I had apparently started but given up on partway in), but it was definitely a good time. Just my two cents.

#1031 KrizB   Flrying into FWEE! CAGiversary!   772 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 04:52 AM

Need a little help with the Xbox Marketplace.

Trying to buy the digital deluxe edition of Resident Evil 2 as a gift and when I go to the marketplace it only shows "Pre-order" then after that it's "Select a payment". 

>There is no visible option to choose "Buy as gift".

Does anyone know if a gifting option will appear if I were to purchase the game?

Or does the option to buy games as gifts only show up on the marketplace after a game has been released?

One of my nephews is deployed and I'm trying to get him RE2 as a surprise birthday gift.

#1032 Darthziggy   Friendly neighborhood lurker CAGiversary!   380 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Darthziggy

Posted Today, 04:55 AM

I’m really kicking myself for not getting Overwatch when it was last on sale. It’s $60 on the Xbox store and I can’t find any digital codes at any online retailer except Amazon and it’s $60 too.

If you’re ok with physical, it goes on sale around $20-30 quite often, less if you still have GCU with Best Buy. If you prefer digital (wouldn’t blame you), I’m sure another sale will come along soon. There’s an event starting on Thursday, and occasionally they’ll do free weekends after those are over or around them during which there’s also a sale, so maybe in the next few weeks. It’ll definitely go cheaper again and will most likely still be populated.

The big problem is that they’ve gotten smart and instead of just trying to sell a 2+ year old game for $60, they have the “Legendary Edition” or “Gold Edition” or whatever version it is now, which gives you some skins and/or loot boxes to help your cosmetic addiction start.

#1033 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   841 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted Today, 05:00 AM

Same here. At least we have 10 months left!  I've had my Lumia 950 for 3-4 years and it's starting to crap out.  I looked at some phone prices for making the jump to either and it's too pricey.  I'm just gonna shell out the $150 for a brand new Lumia 950 now and deal with that tough choice this December when we're forced to.

At least maybe now they will put more xbox games on IOS and Android. Get them cheevs on the go!

But for real I also had a windows phone till a year or 2 ago and I really miss it. iPhone blows, I had to switch over for iMessage :(

#residentevil4overrated