* * * * - 24 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Peggle 2, FH3 DLC, WRC 5/6/7, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, more | GwG: Insane Robots, Final Station; Toy Story 3

#19831 braiiins   Braiiins CAGiversary!   1060 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:43 AM

Sorry to hear that, I've never had an issue with Vudu and I've used it on my Xbox, PC, and phone for a couple years now. I liked the $2 disc to digital feature but I've been using that part a little less since going 4K.

Every now and then I'll do disc to digital and put 10 random movies on that I know I'd like or haven't seen yet. I don't use it as much since they got rid of the "do 10 disc to digital and get 50% off" offer. $2 is still not bad though. I've only noticed the multiple charges on xbox and never on my phone.

#19832 FlawlessImage  

FlawlessImage

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:20 AM

Dude you're getting something from Dell

Na.

#19833 itsmedave   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   154 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:30 PM

I'm having the issue with the Femme Fatale one as well.  Got achievements in two games on the list but it never popped for me either

#19834 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3825 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:36 PM

We are less then 1 week away from X019! I hope we get a preview of Halo Infinite.

X019.PNG

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/x019

#19835 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6023 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:13 PM

I’m having that issue with the fearless femme card. I’ve popped at least achievements for it and it’s not showing in the card.

I'm having the issue with the Femme Fatale one as well.  Got achievements in two games on the list but it never popped for me either

I popped an achievement in Gears 5, which didn't check the quest despite being in the list.  I started Bloddstained, got an early achievement and that completed that quest.

#19836 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2465 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:12 PM

This popped for me playing The Walking Dead Season 1.

FYI - In the past, when I contacted MS support for something that didn't check off, they said to wait three days as it can be delayed before contacting them.

#19837 kcobra22  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:16 PM

Damn this took forever, almost been a full year since Switch got co op.

#19838 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10739 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:49 PM

This ^^^ post reminded me about the update to Terraria a few days ago:

They added content from three different versions in one update, very nice.

#19839 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4251 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:19 PM

Damn this took forever, almost been a full year since Switch got co op.

ConcernedApe decided to switch to a self-publish a few months ago, that must have fixed whatever the issue was. It seems like maybe the team ChuckleFish was using just couldn't handle it or something because it sounded like it was only supposed to take a couple month. 

#19840 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4251 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:37 PM

Great, live service features are exactly what was missing from Bioshock, no way this can blow up in their face.

https://www.reddit.c...stings_confirm/

The developer of "Bioshock 4" released new job lisitings that suggests it'll be a live service game with endgame content.

"To leverage this, we want to build a post-narrative set of systems, quests and player progression that gives our fanatic fangirls and fanboys more content to experience on an ongoing, live-services basis."

"You have shipped at least one triple-A title with end-game style content as a senior or principal designer. You have a sophisticated understanding of current trends in first-person action game design, the ability to articulate a vision for the evolution of same, and, know what it takes to execute an idea from concept to ship. Experience in live services content is a huge plus, here."

2K publishing says they want to provide content to fans on a live service basis.

#19841 HektiK   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   215 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:23 PM

"To leverage this, we want to build a post-narrative set of systems, quests and player progression that gives our fanatic fangirls and fanboys more content to experience on an ongoing, live-services basis."

That just made me incredibly sad.  The only progression system I want out of a Bioshock game is a great story.  Keep the Destiny bull crap out.  

#19842 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3487 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:24 PM

Great, live service features are exactly what was missing from Bioshock, no way this can blow up in their face.

https://www.reddit.c...stings_confirm/

The developer of "Bioshock 4" released new job lisitings that suggests it'll be a live service game with endgame content.

"You have shipped at least one triple-A title with end-game style content as a senior or principal designer. You have a sophisticated understanding of current trends in first-person action game design, the ability to articulate a vision for the evolution of same, and, know what it takes to execute an idea from concept to ship. Experience in live services content is a huge plus, here."

2K publishing says they want to provide content to fans on a live service basis.

Would you kindly not make this a live services game.

#19843 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2712 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:07 PM

Would you kindly not make this a live services game.

If they followed a GTAV or RDR2 model (robust, fully realized SP with optional online which is its own thing) I'd be fine with that. Otherwise, no thanks.

#19844 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4251 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:35 PM

If they followed a GTAV or RDR2 model (robust, fully realized SP with optional online which is its own thing) I'd be fine with that. Otherwise, no thanks.

The issue here is that Bioshock's general gameplay design doesn't really mesh well with that specific kind of support. GTA and RDR are open worlds with a lot of ways to have all kinds of ways to play. Bioshock 1 and 2 borderline on Metroidvania with intricately designed locations that you explore as you get more abilities, and Infinite is linear Daughter Simulator that mechanically is a big step down from 1 and 2, aside from Elizabeth herself being a (at the time) fairly well designed companion.

I think the only stuff that you could realistically do with Bioshock and keep what people like about the old games is a Horde mode, or maybe a more traditional versus mode, that that didn't really set the world on fire back in Bioshock 2.

If you expand it to something more akin to Destiny or Warframe, I think mechanically it can be done because of the way Plasmids and Vigors work, as well as the lore of having tons of Splicers down in Rapture. The issue is you simply can't make the rest of the game feel right with that set up. It would fundamentally be different from what people liked about the series in the past, and you end up with a game like Dead Space 3 or a (hypothetically bug-free) Fallout 76.

That just made me incredibly sad.  The only progression system I want out of a Bioshock game is a great story.  Keep the Destiny bull crap out.  

To be fair here, Bioshock does have progression in all three games. You decided how to upgrade both your weapons and Plasmids/Vigors to some degree, though it was less well thought out in Infinite than the first two.

#19845 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9559 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 11:58 PM

Don’t know my Spanish but..

#19846 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2712 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:01 AM

Don’t know my Spanish but..

https://twitter.com/...0225072128?s=20

"You have to understand the darkness to confront it..."

#19847 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2869 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:35 AM

Ubisoft... Don't you tease me again.

https://www.forbes.c...e/#4ed1b9b24179

Weirdly enough, it turns out that this image is from the Ghost Recon Wildlands / Splinter Cell crossover from a while back. Whether that means Ubisoft is just messing with us, or something else entirely, remains to be seen. Maybe I just want to believe.

#19848 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2272 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:39 AM

so something for Breakpoint then... blah

#19849 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2712 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:46 AM

so something for Breakpoint then... blah

I'm loving Breakpoint. I'm gonna love it even more if they add this.

#19850 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2869 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:53 AM

I'm loving Breakpoint. I'm gonna love it even more if they add this.

Same, I'll take a Sam Fisher DLC/Mission... but I *want* a full Splinter Cell game.

(Still annoys me Ubisoft Club awards have not unlocked the Wildlands stuff in Breakpoint for me. I completed the missions) 

#19851 itsmedave   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   154 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2019 - 01:35 AM

I'd give just about anything for a new Splinter Cell game.  My favorite series bar none.  

#19852 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4251 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 09 November 2019 - 01:59 AM

I'm curious how they'll make Splinter Cell into a long-form live service game. Best case scenario is copying Hitman 2, but I don't think that does numbers that Ubisoft would be happy with. What's the opposite end of the spectrum, Metal Gear Survive?

#19853 Darthziggy   Friendly neighborhood lurker CAGiversary!   514 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Darthziggy

Posted 09 November 2019 - 02:16 AM

Surprised about the fact that there’s gonna be a new Bioshock. Kinda pumped, but also leery with the new info on live service stuff. We shall see.

Also, in slightly off-topic news, if anyone here Is a retail employee and uses the Zunos app (PlayStation stuff), do your new quiz tonight and you might get an email with a code for Death Stranding. Gonna post to the peeps in the PS thread as well but I frequent this side of the board more.

#19854 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2272 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 09 November 2019 - 02:42 AM

I'm curious how they'll make Splinter Cell into a long-form live service game. Best case scenario is copying Hitman 2, but I don't think that does numbers that Ubisoft would be happy with. What's the opposite end of the spectrum, Metal Gear Survive?

That's funny I was just actually thinking that the new Hitman might be a good example of a way to make a new "modern" Splinter Cell game, something with maybe fewer levels but much more open overall and highly re-playable. Could still do some kind of half way narrative jammed in there for good measure. It seems pretty obvious in interviews with Yves Guilemot that Ubisoft isn't really interested in the Splinter Cells series though or at least hasn't wrapped it's head around how to monetize the shit out of it. Then again most of the time I've seen it brought up was this summer before it seems like Breakpoint was rejected by gamers overall and they pulled the release of every other game of theirs off the table for retooling. Maybe they are turning over a new leaf. 

#19855 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1357 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2019 - 04:39 AM

I'd love another Splinter Cell game.  I'd even love a remaster of some of the originals.  I have fond memories of the original Splinter Cell on the first Xbox, not only because it was a great game, but it also happened to be the key that unlocked softmods and XBMC.  :)

#19856 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11599 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 09 November 2019 - 04:57 AM

Apologies if already mentioned but A Way Out is finally in the EA Access vault.

#19857 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 09 November 2019 - 06:58 AM

A quick question:

My question recently got a One S for his birthday but doesn't have Live, so I wanted to get him Xbox Live for his birthday present. Looking at the prices in Canada, is it better to buy Gold or buy Game Pass ultimate? It's only a $5 difference if I buy them from the Microsoft website. 

Also, can you gift Game Pass Ultimate or is it only possible to buy for one's own account? 

#19858 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7216 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:11 PM

A new Rebates tab showed up on my Microsoft Rewards dashboard page with the word "BETA" next to it this morning when I did my daily Bing searches.  Looks like Microsoft is taking on Rakuten.

But I'd like to know if this will allow us to get Bing points from purchases made with retailers through the dashboard.

#19859 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2272 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 09 November 2019 - 01:31 PM

It's come up a few times on the MSRewards reddit page, no one is getting it working yet. Will be interesting to see what it is. 

#19860 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11242 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2019 - 03:04 PM

Okay the General Raam pin is bullshit. May as well be an automatic win button.