* * * - - 18 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: RDR2, Brawlout, more | Lumines, FF15, Shovel Knight, Life is Strange | GwG: Golf Club '19, Marooners; Comic Jumper

#8191 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3806 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 20 April 2019 - 11:33 PM

Anyone have any input on DBZ Fighterz? Is the season pass worth the extra cash? Or should I get the base and wait until the SP has a greater discount?

The game itself is good, the DLC depends on your fondness for the included characters or their playstyles, unless you just want to own all the content. There are some good characters added but it has been pretty Goku-heavy (Dad Goku, Base Goku, Vegito, Gogeta, GT Goku) since that's what the hardcore DBZ fans apparently buy.

The DLC does go on sale by itself sometimes if you do decide to wait, unlike other Bamco fighters Tekken 7 and SoulCalibur VI.

#8192 2ndopp   CAG Assassin CAGiversary!   210 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:11 AM

Anyone know why Elder Scrolls Online is showing up as "New" in Major Nelson's Xbox One X Enhanced list?

https://majornelson....one-x-enhanced/

#8193 WeeeDoo  

Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:22 AM

Anyone know why Elder Scrolls Online is showing up as "New" in Major Nelson's Xbox One X Enhanced list?

Why is this a big deal?

#8194 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2178 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:32 AM

Cause it wasn't enhanced before I believe. It looked awful last time I played it.

#8195 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9091 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:43 AM

It has been enhanced for a while actually. And if you played before and after the upgrade there is a huge difference. That said it’s still an ugly game especially the character models.

#8196 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2178 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:45 AM

It has been enhanced for a while actually. And if you played before and after the upgrade there is a huge difference. That said it’s still an ugly game especially the character models.

It actually was one of the first enhancements:
https://news.xbox.co...scrolls-online/

Damn I was hoping it wasn't enhanced and now was. It is an ugly ass game.

#8197 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9091 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:48 AM

Damn I was hoping it wasn't enhanced and now was. It is an ugly ass game.

Actually that article I posted wasn’t when it went enhanced. Can’t find the exact date but here’s a Eurogamer / Digital Foundry article on it:

https://www.eurogame...d-on-xbox-one-x

#8198 2ndopp   CAG Assassin CAGiversary!   210 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:52 AM

Cause it wasn't enhanced before I believe. It looked awful last time I played it.

It's been enhanced for over a year:

If you played around October, they had removed HDR support (because it's a little broken) and the game looked really dull.  But they re-implemented HDR about a month after due to community outcry.

I'm curious if it is listed as "new" because changes are coming, like HDR getting fixed, or if it's just a mistake.

#8199 WeeeDoo  

Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:08 AM

It's probably just a mistake. Again, not sure why it's a big deal. Not many people play the game.

#8200 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9091 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:23 AM

ESO has to be fairly well played if they are coming out with yet another expansion, Elsweyr, in June.

#8201 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1732 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 21 April 2019 - 02:14 AM

Checked out some World War Z at a friends. Seems basically like a 3rd person camera Left for Dead sequel, in a good way. The banter of the other characters, to the music cues and styles of the Special Inflected all pull heavily from that series. The Horde piling on itself is pretty cool looking effect although I'm sure that will lose it's luster over time. More in depth weapon system with upgrades and what not instead of tossing and grabbing guns without much thought. Probably not enough there for me personally at $40 still but if it something that stays updated, maybe I'll grab on the first decent sale or hold out hope for Game Pass. 

#8202 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1732 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 21 April 2019 - 02:16 AM

Forget who posted originally, but for anyone stuck on the motocross quest for GP/Rewards, if you get an achievement in the 360 MX game and then close it via the 360 menu rather than the XB1 menu, that seems to trigger it. Had it sit for a week with no update, but I tried it that way after unlocking another achievement and the next day it was done, just had to redeem the points with the last box.

Motor cross one was the only quest I was able to complete without any issue and it was basically instant. Like it seems everyone else in the thread had no luck with Oprencia. Only the 1st one unlocked for me and I'm on 5th achievement in that. 

#8203 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   820 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2019 - 02:32 AM

Motor cross one was the only quest I was able to complete without any issue and it was basically instant. Like it seems everyone else in the thread had no luck with Oprencia. Only the 1st one unlocked for me and I'm on 5th achievement in that.

I still can’t get the motocross 360 achievement to work. Regarding that set I was surprised that the 360 game is the only one of the trio that I thought was at all fun.

#8204 sethrhf   The Watcher CAGiversary!   287 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2019 - 02:34 AM

I had no problems with the first two unlocking in Oprencia.

I did have the problems  with the 360 game MX vs ATV Reflex working. I think the problem is the game is not automatically logging you online when you load it up. But after making sure from the 360 dashboard on the xbox 1 I was  logged in online I got it to work.   

Then once again the Game Pass Quest Master wouldn't unlock.  Even a extra achievement  wouldn't unlock it. Had to contact support to get my 500 points.

#8205 xbox_man   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   796 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2019 - 04:01 AM

I finally have another quest but it is not gamepass. I have a Metro one where I have to own all 3 Metro games, not buying the 3rd just yet.

Wish I had these Gamepass quests like everyone else, already don't get as much points for searching.

Saw the Edge app offer on the Xbox the other day.

How long should it take for the 500 points and double mobile points?

#8206 LoganDX   Five by Five, B CAGiversary!   1512 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2019 - 04:33 AM

I finally have another quest but it is not gamepass. I have a Metro one where I have to own all 3 Metro games, not buying the 3rd just yet.
Wish I had these Gamepass quests like everyone else, already don't get as much points for searching.
Saw the Edge app offer on the Xbox the other day.
How long should it take for the 500 points and double mobile points?

I had to contact support over Edge. Waiting for a reply back. Will let you know what I find out

#8207 braiiins   Braiiins CAGiversary!   931 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2019 - 05:27 AM

Skull and Bones??? Is this 2019 or 2020?

I'm looking forward to this. Enjoyed the ship parts in Assassin's Creed. As far as I can tell there's been nothing about it since its reveal. They had sign ups for the beta but no word since. It's in best buys system on the app but the option to preorder is grayed out.

#8208 defgufman   Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you! CAGiversary!   1187 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2019 - 11:31 AM

I predict they will end E3 with an announcement that Lollipop Chainsaw is BC and X1X enhanced....then Phil will drop the mic and exit stage left to glorious applause

#8209 redonkalous  

redonkalous

Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:45 PM

I predict Sony and Nintendo will crash Microsoft’s E3 conference NWO style.

#8210 toadhjo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2019 - 02:03 PM

Reggie is gonna paradrop onto the stage and turn it into his unretirement press conference.

#8211 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68607 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 April 2019 - 02:03 PM

Is the rewards app working for anybody? It just loads endlessly and restarts aren't fixing it.

#8212 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3549 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2019 - 02:10 PM

That sounds like a slobber knocker.

Reggie is gonna paradrop onto the stage and turn it into his unretirement press conference.

He would have to come out of retirement!

https://twitter.com/...7994408960?s=21

#8213 bigtime26   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   123 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

bigtime26

Posted 21 April 2019 - 02:58 PM

My god!!!!!!!! That's Reggie's music. What the hell is he doing here?!?!?! He's supposed to be retired!!!!! And what's that? The PS5 with full backwards compatibility? Damn you. Damn you. Damn you.

#8214 oldforerunner  

oldforerunner

Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:01 PM

Is the rewards app working for anybody? It just loads endlessly and restarts aren't fixing it.

Same. Tried rebooting. No luck.

#8215 LoganDX   Five by Five, B CAGiversary!   1512 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:13 PM

Same. Tried rebooting. No luck.

Mine went back to the "change location" crap. I was told to uninstall Edge on my phone, reinstall, sign in, and redo my 10 searches for the 500 points. Now that's telling me I'm not in the US. IP says otherwise

#8216 Bryson   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   194 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2019 - 04:02 PM

can anyone help me? I see an advertisement on my xbox dashboard for xbox gamepass $1 for 3 months but when I go to subscribe I only see the 2 week trial or $11.99 for one month! What gives? I am from Canada and my Gold sub is expired for the moment if those things matter.

#8217 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2298 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 21 April 2019 - 04:14 PM

Tried Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. Glad I didn't buy it, all the elements for a good game are there but something just feels off. Character movement is a little slow, and some of the controls are so streamlined that I'm having trouble playing it after years of Alpha 2, MvC2, etc., the familiarity is there but then I end up doing the wrong thing.

I figured at least story mode would be worth it, but the load times are so long between cut scenes and battles that I end up getting bored.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#8218 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9091 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2019 - 04:23 PM

Anyone have any input on DBZ Fighterz? Is the season pass worth the extra cash? Or should I get the base and wait until the SP has a greater discount?

Meant to reply to this earlier. Can’t comment on the season pass but the base game is awesome. I’m a fairly casual player of fighters but I consider DB Fighterz to be the best in the genre so far this gen.

Fairly easy to learn at least enough to be dangerous but with tons of different combos and wild dazzling results on screen. Great game.

#8219 snipermike   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   218 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

snipermike

Posted 21 April 2019 - 04:35 PM

Tried Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. Glad I didn't buy it, all the elements for a good game are there but something just feels off. Character movement is a little slow, and some of the controls are so streamlined that I'm having trouble playing it after years of Alpha 2, MvC2, etc., the familiarity is there but then I end up doing the wrong thing.

I figured at least story mode would be worth it, but the load times are so long between cut scenes and battles that I end up getting bored.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I just played “Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite Loading” too and it’s terrible. I’m happy I didn’t spend a cent on it

#8220 Travisntucker   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Travisntucker

Posted 21 April 2019 - 04:36 PM

My god!!!!!!!! That's Reggie's music. What the hell is he doing here?!?!?! He's supposed to be retired!!!!! And what's that? The PS5 with full backwards compatibility? Damn you. Damn you. Damn you.

I read that in Jim Ross’s voice. I chuckled way too much.