* * * * - 9 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: RDR2, Destiny 2, Sniper: GW, more | Lego, Anime Month | GwG: Super Bomberman R, Bloodstained: CotM; Jedi Academy

#961 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3437 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:29 AM

Just an fyi but with a 1 cent filler you can get KH3 for 29.99 plus tax from Amazon provided you do the 30 off 60 Amex offer. You technically only have to use 1 Amex point to get it to work.

*Assuming you have an Amex card and the targeted offer*

#962 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1453 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:00 AM

The rates aren't that bad, especially for a GWG, honestly. Whenever I play a game with achievements just for beating parts of the story, I'm surprised at how low they are. Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams was GWG too and it's a platformer...only 0.52% beat the final boss, so I feel like Celeste's numbers are actually pretty good.

Ha Giana Sisters has some crazy ratio achievements for a platformer on True Achievements. It always get's busted out at the end of big contests, so I can just imagine how much lower they are for Xbox in general.  https://www.trueachi...ut/achievements

#963 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAG Veteran   312 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:06 AM

Anyony play fragments oh him?

Thoughts?

I feel like playing something nice and mellow. 

It's ok, a decent indie walking sim but nothing amazing but it has it's moments.

#964 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8651 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:37 AM

Decided to grab Steamworld Dig 2 before the sale ended. Have it on PS4 and it’s a great game worthy of a double dip on the X.

#965 Sielanas  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:43 AM

Sale looks rough, not sure what I'm going to do for Rumble giveaway. Might just be spacebucks.

#966 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8651 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 07:11 AM

Is the Steep X-Games DLC worth owning? On sale for $10.04.

#967 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5325 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 07:23 AM

Major's post - https://majornelson....anchise-sale-2/

#968 braiiins  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 07:25 AM

I play it solo and really enjoy it. It’s not for everyone. The missions can feel repetitive and the story isn’t great but if you want a huge open world to engage in tactical engagements, it’s great. I haven’t messed with any of the DLC except the extra In game stuff. Due to the lackluster story but fun gameplay, it’s nice to have to play when the mood catches you. It got some bad reviews but a lot of that was due to the story. The gameplay is solid and if you like tactical shooters, then it’s in your wheel house.

Thinking about ghost recon wildlands. Is it any good solo? And for the DLC (ultimate edition), can I play that solo too?
I read base game is fine to solo and just co tell the AI but u sure if that’s fun or if even possible to solo the DLC.

Deszaras pretty much hit the nail on the head. I'm currently playing through the DLC after not playing the base game for like a year I think. I'll add that in single player (unless they changed it) you control the 3 squad mates via commands. Doing so can get you pretty OP through upgrades such as tagging 4 enemies and having the silently snipe them. With upgrades you can get your squad mates to clear an outpost without you doing much fairly quickly. This makes things a little quicker than you having to deal with slowly stealthing or getting in big fire fights.

I've only played the narco road DLC so far. It's a fun change to the driving by giving you new vehicles like the monster truck and adding boost to a bunch of vehicles. Gameplay wise it's more of the same as single player with more vehicle oriented missions though. There's one type of side mission and one single player mission that are annoying by having passengers grab the wheel from you so the car will jerk hard in one direction. You don't have any squad mates in this DLC unless you play coop.

#969 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44064 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:24 AM

Maybe it was mentioned but Ghostbusters is also on sale. $10.

Is it fun for $10?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

#970 defgufman   Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you! CAGiversary!   1131 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 12:14 PM

Hey is Comix Zone any good? $2.49 is pretty cheap ass

#971 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2118 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 22 January 2019 - 02:24 PM

Is it fun for $10?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

The reviews are abysmal. Linear, repetitive, forgettable, and full of bugs, according to all the Metacritic excerpts.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#972 Sielanas  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 02:56 PM

Anthem demo this weekend for pre-orders and EA Access. I ordered at BB to get the demo since my wife is working this weekend, fully intend to cancel.

#973 even13flow   Founder of GamerNation CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 03:16 PM

I would buy Ghostbusters for no more than $5. Got it as a free rental from Redbox when it first came out and played an hour or two. It didn't compel me to buy it that's for sure. About the biggest plus is you can play local co-op.

Think a poor man's Diablo without any real loot. Or substance.

#974 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   855 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 22 January 2019 - 03:23 PM

cool idea, poor execution, randomly extremely difficult.

#975 Luriden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1324 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 03:29 PM

An absolute classic and one of my favorite Genesis games that I still return to today. It's also included in the Sega Genesis Collection, so that's something to keep in mind if you can ever see yourself picking that up. Achievements would be the only reason I could see for getting the BC XBLA version vs the Sega Genesis Collection, as I think the latter only has one Comix Zone-related achievement.

#976 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2403 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 22 January 2019 - 03:40 PM

Anthem demo this weekend for pre-orders and EA Access. I ordered at BB to get the demo since my wife is working this weekend, fully intend to cancel.

Will be watching a lot of YouTube gameplay this weekend... still deciding if I want to use gcu for it.

#977 Uhwhatusay  

Uhwhatusay

Posted 22 January 2019 - 03:45 PM

MLF finally on sale got 2 x bucks in my account looks like im cashing in some micro points

#978 Rabidmuskrat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   157 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Rabidmuskrat

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:22 PM

I would buy Ghostbusters for no more than $5. Got it as a free rental from Redbox when it first came out and played an hour or two. It didn't compel me to buy it that's for sure. About the biggest plus is you can play local co-op.

Think a poor man's Diablo without any real loot. Or substance.

Honestly, that review doesn't even make it sound worth the $5...

#979 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAG Veteran   312 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:33 PM

Just watch the traiiler on xbox.

It makes  Ghostbusters Sanctum of Slime look like a classic in comparison.

#980 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1453 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:41 PM

Resident Evil 2 reviews are all coming in highly positive. Not a big surprise, I just need to hold off I think, it's all single player I'll keep telling myself. 

#981 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3434 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:59 PM

I just finished RE7 last night, I just need to play the Not A Hero DLC before Thursday night. I original put off playing it in the hopes of playing it in VR first, but I wasn't shelling out for PSVR for 1 game. Damn do I wish I played it sooner. After the whirlwind this series has been through and the absolute clusterfuck of RE6, it's amazing to me just how much this game nails everything about the classic games while also moving into first-person. 

I'm more excited than ever for this REmake, and it seems like it's going to sell pretty well, so hopefully we're out of the dark times for the series.

#982 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:02 PM

Resident Evil 2 reviews are all coming in highly positive. Not a big surprise, I just need to hold off I think, it's all single player I'll keep telling myself. 

I think I'm going to make myself actually play my copy of Resident Evil 7 before jumping in.

#983 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1453 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:11 PM

I think I'm going to make myself actually play my copy of Resident Evil 7 before jumping in.

I have one minor, maybe major, gripe with RE 7. Enough people have seemed to just have still not played it I'll keep it to myself, but it's not going to be an issue at all for RE2make. 

#984 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   412 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:14 PM

Interesting, I need to go through my offers. I wonder if I'll have it since I don't have points.

*Assuming you have an Amex card and the targeted offer*

Yeah. Just search the interwebs for Amex 30 off of 60 Amazon and check if you're eligible. Then edit down the Amex points used to cover $.01.

#985 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3434 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:34 PM

I have one minor, maybe major, gripe with RE 7. Enough people have seemed to just have still not played it I'll keep it to myself, but it's not going to be an issue at all for RE2make. 

Just spoiler it.

#986 skulls dont fade   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   244 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

skulls dont fade

Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:39 PM

In Bloomy's post there is a spoiler that shows Just Cause 4 - 13 days remaining.  What does this mean?  Not showing on sale for me.  I've been out of the CAG loop so forgive me if it's a simple question.

#987 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1453 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:41 PM

Just spoiler it.

Ha I don't know how to do that trick

#988 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10023 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:43 PM

Ha I don't know how to do that trick

Here, I'll grab the spoiler from the email. ;)

Spoiler

#989 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8651 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:44 PM

In Bloomy's post there is a spoiler that shows Just Cause 4 - 13 days remaining. What does this mean? Not showing on sale for me. I've been out of the CAG loop so forgive me if it's a simple question.

Usually means that many days until a possible sale. But in this case is when it may have to do with it hitting GamePass.

Edit: I miss read. It is likely due to it going on sale. Not
GamePass. Was thinking about Crackdown 3. I didn’t get much sleep. 😂

#990 skulls dont fade   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   244 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

skulls dont fade

Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:47 PM

Usually means that many days until a possible sale. But in this case is when it may have to do with it hitting GamePass.

Gotcha, thanks for the heads up!