* * * * - 9 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: RDR2, Destiny 2, Sniper: GW, more | Lego, Anime Month | GwG: Super Bomberman R, Bloodstained: CotM; Jedi Academy

#1051 Dagolara   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   613 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Dagolara

Posted 23 January 2019 - 06:34 PM

does anyone know if the halo 5 online community is still there? thinking about trying to clean up a few online achievements before i delete the game

Warzone is still pretty populated, doesn't take long to find a match. I haven't got around to my placement matches for those other 5 mp achievements yet so no idea how those fair but I'd assume it is still pretty healthy. 

eta: just a note on the warlord achievement, that is buggy as hell. Took me something like 3 wins+ on each original map to register. From reading over at TA there is some desync with the game stats at times somehow and hit or miss if that particular achievement tracks. There is a long convoluted workaround some used but I enjoy the mode and just kept playing and it eventually popped for me. ymmv. 

#1052 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1171 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 06:41 PM

If you put in an Xbox redeem code and see what it’s for, it doesn’t burn the code until after you hit OK on the page that it says the title, right? I may have gotten a second code sent to me that I think a bunch of people here would be interested in and will have a contest to give it away if it is what I think it is. But want to verify before I go any further.

Yes. I usually do this to verify a code before selling it. I use the Android version of the Xbox app, put in the code, hit next, check the content, then cancel.

#1053 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8642 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 06:44 PM

POPULAR

Alright, code confirmed. Like this post to enter to win a copy of Ace Combat 6!

#1054 akathatoneguy   Use your turn signal CAGiversary!   1005 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

akathatoneguy

Posted 23 January 2019 - 06:47 PM

Yeah that's what I'm talking about totally different format for me now

Weird...I did it right before I posted my reply, too. Are you using Microsoft Edge or a different browser? I use ME for the Bing.com searches since it also gets my 20/20 ME points out of the way.

#1055 Tebunker   Shrugs at Clouds CAGiversary!   601 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:08 PM

Yeah that's what I'm talking about totally different format for me now

this could be due to the browser or device.

On Pc using Firefox it is the same it has always been for me.

On Firefox on the iPhone it is the same as always.

But when I use a Fire Tablet or some other kind of device it doesn’t work the same and some functionality is disabled

#1056 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAG Veteran   311 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:39 PM

I really hope they don't intend to broadcast that on TV. The excitement would rival a bowling league or fishing show. How could the announcers even manufacture hype for that.

"Who's going to finish harvesting first? Oh my God I have no idea how Venom is keeping his tractor on the field. He's tilling that field in record time folks!"

This is legitmately already more interesting than most e-sports games.

#1057 Sielanas  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:52 PM

Realm Royale is open beta now. I'm still a fan of the twist on "normal" genre mechanics. Thinking of buying the founders pack, but those usually go on sale.

There are 2 Warframe packs on discount. 300 Platinum and other stuff.

#1058 Dagolara   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   613 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Dagolara

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:26 PM

So the subsequent episodes of LiS Season 2 will not launch same day on GamePass, kind of a bummer but good for those that paid for the season pass I suppose.

#1059 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAG Veteran   311 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:28 PM

That's alright by me. I haven't even finished episode of 1 of the first Life is Strange.

#1060 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1883 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:35 PM

This is legitmately already more interesting than most e-sports games.

eSports = Competitive Pretending

I'm always skeptical when i see videos of tournaments in arenas and it sounds like people are cheering really loud. they're just piping in noise to make it seem more exciting, right? how do people get that excited watching others play games?

#1061 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1883 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:39 PM

This guy has a suicide knob attached to his steering wheel to control his virtual tractor

https://www.engadget...esports-league/

https://www.engadget...-tractor-wheel/

#1062 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1451 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:50 PM

Weird...I did it right before I posted my reply, too. Are you using Microsoft Edge or a different browser? I use ME for the Bing.com searches since it also gets my 20/20 ME points out of the way.

Yeah back to normal on Chrome, but stayed the new format on Edge, we shall see what happens

#1063 genesis49  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:06 PM

If you put in an Xbox redeem code and see what it’s for, it doesn’t burn the code until after you hit OK on the page that it says the title, right? I may have gotten a second code sent to me that I think a bunch of people here would be interested in and will have a contest to give it away if it is what I think it is. But want to verify before I go any further.

That's the way it's always worked for me when I want to check a code

#1064 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:12 PM

has anyone played Starlink: Battle For Atlas??

#1065 Darthziggy   Friendly neighborhood lurker CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Darthziggy

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:16 PM

So the subsequent episodes of LiS Season 2 will not launch same day on GamePass, kind of a bummer but good for those that paid for the season pass I suppose.

https://twitter.com/...163132109930497

Kinda bummed but like you said, good for those that paid full price for it. I still have to finish BTS and Captain Whatshisface first anyway, so I’ve got time.

#1066 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:16 PM

i read the with the Anthem Vip Demo u get 3 friend passes

#1067 DiGiTAL WEDGiES  

DiGiTAL WEDGiES

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:18 PM

That's alright by me. I haven't even finished episode of 1 of the first Life is Strange.

I 100%ed both LiS and BtS they are both better imho... I've started LiS2 but haven't finished the first episode...it just starts off with way too big of a gut wrenching beginning...gotta build up to that shit.

#1068 DiGiTAL WEDGiES  

DiGiTAL WEDGiES

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:21 PM

Yeah, just like you, I've pre-purchased Resident Evil 2 and am incredibly excited to play it on launch weekend - and I, too, will wait for a big sale before even considering touching the dumpster fire that is my beloved Bioware's Anth....WAIT, WHAT DID YOU SAY!!!??!??!?

I kid, I kid.  You do you, man.

You'll be happy to know I cancelled Anthem pre-order and moved it over to RE2.

After watching and reading reviews I feel I can safely assume it will get sales soon after release.

#1069 MOStateSuperman   I eat birds and planes for breakfast. CAGiversary!   399 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

MOStateSuperman

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:23 PM

has anyone played Starlink: Battle For Atlas??

I think it’s great as far as toys to life games go. Def worth the BB deal. I picked up a digital copy during one of these sales and would buy it again.

#1070 Darthziggy   Friendly neighborhood lurker CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Darthziggy

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:32 PM

I 100%ed both LiS and BtS they are both better imho... I've started LiS2 but haven't finished the first episode...it just starts off with way too big of a gut wrenching beginning...gotta build up to that shit.

I loved the first one, and it definitely had a few crazy moments. Still working on BTS, so I haven’t started 2 yet, but now I’m worried haha. I even got a little sad playing BTS the other day...
Spoiler

If 2 is that intense in the beginning I don’t know if I can handle it!

#1071 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:34 PM

I think it’s great as far as toys to life games go. Def worth the BB deal. I picked up a digital copy during one of these sales and would buy it again.

that what i was looking at was the BB deal think i might have to get it to give it a try

#1072 Jaybrones   Digital Cheapass CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Jaybrones

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:45 PM

Does anyone know if Bestbuy is still giving away the Ace Combat 6 code with Ace Combat 7 orders? Or is it just Amazon?

Edit

#1073 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8642 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:46 PM

Alien: Blackout will be out in the US around 11 EST. Even though it’s a mobile game, I’m looking forward to checking it out. Previews of the game have been pretty positive.

#1074 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8642 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:48 PM

Does anyone know if Bestbuy is still giving away the Ace Combat 6 code with Ace Combat 7 orders? Or is it just Amazon?

Edit

Not sure if Best Buy is still giving them out. They did give them with preorders (though It was a huge ordeal to get them). But if you like my post from earlier, you could win a copy. 🙂

#1075 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2241 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:49 PM

Edit

The sign in the store still mentions it.

#1076 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3428 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:52 PM

eSports = Competitive Pretending

I'm always skeptical when i see videos of tournaments in arenas and it sounds like people are cheering really loud. they're just piping in noise to make it seem more exciting, right? how do people get that excited watching others play games?

The same could be said for those who don't like sports, or Nascar, or horse racing, or whatever. Just because you aren't into it doesn't mean others aren't. Some genres of games can appear pretty impenetrable if you don't play them yourself, so I can see the barrier. But fans can see the skill of the players and that can easily lead to excitement when something insane happens. It's probably easiest to see with fighting games since they're easier to follow at their core with only two players and health bars telling you who has a lead at all times.

Just watch the classic EVO Moment 37 here. You'll get more out of it if you know the history of the players and the specific mechanics of the game that really tell you how difficult this would be to pull off, especially in a tournament in front of hundreds of people. But even without the knowledge it's easy to tell Daigo is doing something impressive as he's parrying Wong, and there is no way you can say people are faking it. Hell, this event was 15 years ago being held at a college and certainly wasn't broadcast back then. It took over a decade to build up to being held at an arena in Las Vegas now, and being broadcast outside of just justin.tv and Twitch.

As for Farming Simulator being broadcast on TV, it's pretty unlikely here in the US at least. Only the most popular games have managed to get on TV, and most times it feels pretty strange because it's being affected by TV channels that aren't part of the community or scene usually, I'm specifically referring to how Street Fighter has been handled, with costume censorship and an overwhelming focus on the definitely-not-going-to-win-but-only-American-in-top-8 Long Island Joe. In recent times, I recall Overwatch League and Street Fighter/EVO being broadcast on ESPN and I think Disney XD. I think Smash and Rocket League have had some kind of presence, and then we had special thinks like the Nintendo World Championship. My overall point there is Farming Simulator doesn't have that much traction in North America. I think it's more popular than you'd expect but the real numbers are in Europe. 

A quick bit of Google brought me to some competition from last year, with older stuff also in the results. Events in Switzerland, Poland, and Germany. There is an offiical mod they use. There also was a convention for just Farming Simulator thrown by the devs it looks like, much like Warframe has Tennocon. It must be pretty big.

https://farming-simu...m/championship/

#1077 DiGiTAL WEDGiES  

DiGiTAL WEDGiES

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:55 PM

I loved the first one, and it definitely had a few crazy moments. Still working on BTS, so I haven’t started 2 yet, but now I’m worried haha. I even got a little sad playing BTS the other day...

Spoiler

If 2 is that intense in the beginning I don’t know if I can handle it!

Yeah it definetly made me uncomfortably stressed pretty quickly... I'd think the story would decompress it as it keeps going but so early made me need to turn it off. I'll try again later...

#1078 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3428 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:57 PM

Realm Royale is open beta now. I'm still a fan of the twist on "normal" genre mechanics. Thinking of buying the founders pack, but those usually go on sale.

There are 2 Warframe packs on discount. 300 Platinum and other stuff.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't cancel a console release. It's been pretty low on players on PC for a while now, averaging around 2000 players since two months after launch, though there are 4000 in game right now. Maybe Paladins is doing well on console?

#1079 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3436 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:01 PM

I was just watching the ESL CS:GO tourney on my lunch break at work on Twitch. I used to play CS competitively with a team years ago so I enjoy watching the league play, I’m not sure what you mean by competitive pretending. It’s just like watching a chess match, watching the 5 players picking routes and strategies. If you understand the gun price economy in CS and the strategies then it’s just as enjoyable as when I watch the NFL or NHL.

I’m sure someone wants to watch competitive farming, otherwise it will go away if it has no audience. People are into different entertainment, I’m glad I have alternatives to watching what garbage is on regular tv like I didn’t when I was a kid.

#1080 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3245 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:22 PM

Alright, code confirmed. Like this post to enter to win a copy of Ace Combat 6!

Sweet! Thanks for the opportunity!