* * * - - 18 votes

XBL Deals - DwG: Surviving Mars, Just Cause 4, FH4 Fortune Island, more | ID@Xbox, Back Compat | GwG: Golf Club '19, Marooners; Comic Jumper

#5161 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13592 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:11 PM

This has to be one of the weirdest/irrelevant game series' out there, along with Sniper Ghost Warrior. I've never personally played any of them aside from ZAT, which I didnt like at all, but none of them even looked remotely good. I cant imagine they've sold enough to warrant 5 (or more?) games in a series with any other company.

-2/10 on the trolling, I'd suggest trying the PSN thread instead

#5162 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2178 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:12 PM

I'm steeling myself for a huge list without Darkest Dungeon on it as we speak.

I actually set a phone reminder so I'll remember to tell my kids this joke when they get home from school, which is officially the daddest thing I've ever done.

Yup. My kids get so embarrassed when I bring that one out when their friends are around.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#5163 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2298 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:23 PM

https://www.theverge...upport-features

Microsoft is bringing its Xbox Live network to iOS and Android devices. The software giant is launching a new cross-platform mobile software development kit (SDK) for game developers to bring Xbox Live functionality to games that run on iOS and Android. Xbox Live features like achievements, Gamerscore, hero stats, friend lists, clubs, and even some family settings will all be available on iOS and Android.
It’s all part of a bigger push from Microsoft to make its Xbox games and services available across multiple platforms. Game developers will be able to pick and choose parts of Xbox Live to integrate into their games, and it will all be enabled through a single sign-in to a Microsoft Account. Microsoft is using its identity network to support login, privacy, online safety, and child accounts.

Microsoft wants game developers to take a similar Minecraft approach and bring Xbox Live to more mobile games. Some iOS and Android games already have Xbox Live Achievements, but they’re only enabled in titles from Microsoft Studios at the moment and this new SDK will open up Xbox Live functionality to many more games.

If you were hoping to see Xbox Live on Nintendo Switch then you might have to wait a little longer. “Our goal is to really unite the 2 billion gamers of the world and we’re big fans of our Xbox Live community, but we don’t have any specific announcements as it relates to Switch today,” reveals Choudhry. Xbox Live on PlayStation 4 also looks unlikely, but Microsoft is open to the idea if Sony is willing to allow it. “If you’ve watched us for the past few years, we’ve taken a very inclusive approach,” says Choudhry. “Phil [Spencer] has been very proactive on issues like crossplay, cross-progression, and uniting gamer networks, and we’re willing to partner with the industry as much as we possibly can.”

Well damn.

#5164 bigstew  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:26 PM

i dont know about the jokes thing but saw this one yesterday...

how much does it cost a pirate to pierce his ears

a buccaneer

#5165 PatFortenbaugh   ALL GLORY TO THE GAME PASS CAGiversary!   903 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

PatFortenbaugh

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:27 PM

Damn indeed!

Pumped

#5166 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2298 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:41 PM

Damn indeed!

Pumped

Yeah. Seems like a good way for them to expand their footprint in the industry, bring in some serious licensing revenue, and also give smaller developers some great infrastructure. Also, with MCC on Steam requiring an XBL account (likely for cross-play), this increases the odds of the rumors about Game Pass on Switch, as well as the next generation being entirely BC. 

Now if they could just partner with Nintendo to use XBL for all of their online stuff...

#5167 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2298 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:03 PM

#5168 fatmanforlife99   I need a weapon. CAGiversary!   3038 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

fatmanforlife99

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:06 PM

Any thoughts on the Vizio P55-F1 or Samsung NU800D? My nearly 8 year old Panasonic plasma finally died this morning.

#5169 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAG Veteran   402 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:21 PM

Amazon has Modern Warfare 3 for $1.34 with free shipping

https://www.amazon.c...deogames&sr=1-6

#5170 mundial1345   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   574 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

mundial1345

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:26 PM

Any thoughts on the Vizio P55-F1 or Samsung NU800D? My nearly 8 year old Panasonic plasma finally died this morning.

I've been using vizio's for quite awhile and really like them P series are the top of their line dunno how much your looking to spend but a quick search sows that tv is around 800? Just got an email that the sams club has the 65 inch p series on sale for 899 

https://www.samsclub...i_opt_segment=P

edit: just noticed its not their quantum but should still make for a great tv

#5171 Doctor Zod   Phantom Zone permanent resident CAGiversary!   575 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Doctor Zod

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:30 PM

Today is NOT the day for MK9, Binary Domain and/or Remember Me to go BC.

#5172 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3810 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:33 PM

Looking at the actual announcement it sounds like this is a long way off. Apparently they were working on something with a publisher that was cancelled and they decided to do this as an independent studio. If you read between the lines, the announcement says they're announcing it early so they can recruit talent.

I love L4D and hope this manages to make it out and be good, clearly Valve isn't making it happen and if VNN's info is corrected L4D3 died for very stupid reasons. I'm kind of surprised Turtle Rock survived Evolve's massive flop, but it seems like it did at least sell alright on launch.

#5173 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3810 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:36 PM

Has anyone played Fear Effect Sedna? It's down to $2 on Switch.

That Castlevania is pretty rough, it's the multiplayer one. If you played with randoms in the past they would just blaze through and kill everything in one hit. The camera system is trash since it keeps all players on one screen at all times like Smash, but the levels themselves are huge so it zooms way out.

#5174 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3810 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:45 PM

Official trailer of Firestorm instead of the leaked features video. Not much to take away new other than it appears the circle isn't instant death, and we see several vehicle types. This is a much better sell than the leak, but it's CGI.

Out March 25th.

#5175 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2164 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:51 PM

That Castlevania is pretty rough, it's the multiplayer one.

Yup.  Its meant to be played with friends, which means its not meant to be played by me.

#5176 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3549 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:53 PM

Is firestorm free? I don’t see how a BR can survive these days if it’s not free.

#5177 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9091 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:55 PM

Is firestorm free? I don’t see how a BR can survive these days if it’s not free.

I believe all post release DLC is free.

#5178 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2298 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:02 PM

Using my sick time off to finally fire up RE2 and holy shit. This is one of those games which makes you ponder how games could improve in terms of graphics, because it looks so damn good (in addition to playing wonderfully). 

Yup.  Its meant to be played with friends, which means its not meant to be played by me.

Supposedly it's playable in single player, in theory anyway, but the difficulty is slanted towards multiple players. It went dirt cheap last year and I bought it since it doesn't go on sale often, I may fire it up now.

#5179 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3810 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:03 PM

"Free" to Battlefield V owners. It's not going to blow up. I don't see too many people paying the $30 to $60 just to get access to this mode, so it depends how many Battlefield players actually care about battle royale. Another self inflicted wound thanks to Apex.

Their one hope is the people upset with how Blackout has been handled so far.

#5180 idogames  

idogames

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:04 PM

That Castlevania is pretty rough, it's the multiplayer one. If you played with randoms in the past they would just blaze through and kill everything in one hit. The camera system is trash since it keeps all players on one screen at all times like Smash, but the levels themselves are huge so it zooms way out.

Hopefully it'll be in 4K on X1X in that case.

#5181 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3810 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:06 PM

Supposedly it's playable in single player, in theory anyway, but the difficulty is slanted towards multiple players. It went dirt cheap last year and I bought it since it doesn't go on sale often, I may fire it up now.

It's pretty hard solo. It doesn't rebalance the game, and there are no save points. If you die you respawn at the start if I'm remembering correctly. Hopefully the population gets a boost.

#5182 jimbobvaquero  

jimbobvaquero

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:09 PM

When the coffee percolator was invented, it was grounds for celebration.

(1) I already have that game, so don't add me in.

(2) I stole this off the daily calender we have at work.

(3) I just wanted to have fun.

#5183 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3549 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:24 PM

Yeah the thing I love about Apex is how quickly you can find a new game. You need a massive player base to ensure that happens. Hopefully firestorm isn’t DOA.

#5184 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2298 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:25 PM

It's pretty hard solo. It doesn't rebalance the game, and there are no save points. If you die you respawn at the start if I'm remembering correctly. Hopefully the population gets a boost.

Yep, it looks and plays like Castlevania, but it's got more in common with roguelikes than Symphony of the Night.

#5185 fatmanforlife99   I need a weapon. CAGiversary!   3038 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

fatmanforlife99

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:25 PM

I've been using vizio's for quite awhile and really like them P series are the top of their line dunno how much your looking to spend but a quick search sows that tv is around 800? Just got an email that the sams club has the 65 inch p series on sale for 899 

https://www.samsclub...i_opt_segment=P

edit: just noticed its not their quantum but should still make for a great tv

Thanks. 65 might be too big for my table. I might have to settle for the 55 inch. Just wish they had in store pick up.    

#5186 Antarael Dulacre   Royal Dhampire CAGiversary!   2600 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Antarael Dulacre

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:31 PM

Really would wish FFVIII would also come to the Xbox One... but apparently they lost the source code and/or also had a license problem because of one song?

#5187 even13flow   Founder of GamerNation CAGiversary!   532 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:51 PM

"Free" to Battlefield V owners. It's not going to blow up. I don't see too many people paying the $30 to $60 just to get access to this mode, so it depends how many Battlefield players actually care about battle royale. Another self inflicted wound thanks to Apex.

Their one hope is the people upset with how Blackout has been handled so far.

What are people saying about Blackout? I've been playing it since launch and absolutely love it.

#5188 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3810 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:53 PM

Really would wish FFVIII would also come to the Xbox One... but apparently they lost the source code and/or also had a license problem because of one song?

I doubt it's the music holding it up. From what I've seen it seems like they lost the source code for most of the games from that era, as did a lot of Japanese companies. It just wasn't a priority since the projects were done, and they were thinking of future re-releases yet. It seems they're able to reverse-engineer the games or something which is where all these other ports are coming from, and was that how Bluepoint did the Metal Gear and Shadow of the Colossus HD collections. Once enough time goes on they'll definitely make it happen with FFVIII so they can keep reselling new versions forever like the other games.

#5189 HektiK   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   129 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:56 PM

I didn't think we would ever see Castlevania Harmony of Despair become BC.  Barely played with other people but still enjoyed it and happy to have it on my X.  It is hard but worth your while if you have love for Castlevania.  Now to try to get it to install while I am at work.  

#5190 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10308 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:31 PM

WOW, Castlevania:  Harmony of Despair is a massive DLC-fest...