* * * - - 21 votes

XBL Deals - GTA5, Shadow/Tomb Raider, more | Add-ons, Lego | GwG: FM6, Gears 4; Castlevania LOS

#7381 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10493 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:27 PM

Shoot, I don't see any 360 games

I only scan XB1 games, so lists of original Xbox and 360 games most often won't appear within the thread.

You will see the :360: / :xbox: on StoreParser, if it works for you:

https://www.storepar.../price-changes/

#7382 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1135 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:30 PM

I only scan XB1 games, so lists of original Xbox and 360 games most often won't appear within the thread. When they are put in the OP, I use the :xb1:, :360: and :xbox: emojis to designate the systems a game is playable on.

So anyone know if there is :360: love?

#7383 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4388 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:39 PM

I love that you quoted the entire super long post to say that. Instead of editing it to not take up a whole page!

Whoops!
I'm an idiot, all I did was hit reply.

Sorry about that.

#7384 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4388 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:41 PM

You will see the :360: / :xbox: on StoreParser, if it works for you:

https://www.storepar.../price-changes/

Yep, already looked through it.

I enjoy grabbing the odd 360 game now and then, seem to play them more on my XB1 than XB1 games.

#7385 bear489   My Trolliest President CAGiversary!   947 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:47 PM

Whoops!
I'm an idiot, all I did was hit reply.

Sorry about that.

Don't sweat it, at least you brought the sale list to a new page.

#7386 Razzel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   637 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:52 PM

So many games are a few dollars more than their last sale, like they are trying to piss us off lol.

LEGO Superheroes 2 $11.99, last sale was 10 bucks
Prototype bundle for $20, normally on sale for $16.50

#7387 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5826 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:59 PM

Some items in my initial post had minute countdown.  They flipped at 5pm Eastern.

:xb1: Full Metal Furies - $6.59 - 67% off
:xb1: Infinite Minigolf - $5.99 - 60% off

#7388 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4114 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:03 PM

Pretty much nothing jumping out at me. Hopefully some decent BC sales can save it. It doesn't look like those are live on Store Parser for me.

#7389 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1747 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:05 PM

Soul Calibur 6 is tempting at twenty dollars. I'd consider Dragonball FighterZ for fifteen, but I haven't been interested in that series since my twenties!

I was hoping for a deeper price cut on the Sega Genesis collection. I heard bad things about the emulation and I'm not sure it's improved at all since it was released. People seem happy enough with the Switch version, though.

#7390 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5826 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:14 PM

Workshop Embar in tonight's Gears Dev stream.  Retweet quest is live.

https://live.gearsofwar.com

#7391 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3426 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:19 PM

Full Metal Furies - $6.59 - 67% off

PLANET ALPHA - $6.59 - 67% off

These are the two games I have some interest in buying.

Edit: Bought

#7392 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1120 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:33 PM

A huge list of games, and the only two of interest are Rayman Legends and Ryse: Legendary Edition. It's cool though, got plenty in the backlog plus GP and Access to keep me busy.

Thanks for the hard work Bloomy!

#7393 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9380 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:36 PM

Need to look through the list again for possible things I might convert from disc to digital. GameStop is doing an extra 50% right now.

#7394 kcobra22  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:51 PM

first look at Disney+

Spoiler

#7395 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10721 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:00 PM

I am going to have to fire up Just Cause 3 but JC4 seems like a graphics downgrade even on the X1. The load times are better though. 

#7396 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5826 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:03 PM

Workshop Embar in tonight's Gears Dev stream.  Retweet quest is live.

https://live.gearsofwar.com

Watch timer has started.

#7397 Doctor Zod   Phantom Zone permanent resident CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Doctor Zod

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:09 PM

Remedy's Control has joined the likes of Anthem and several Ubisoft titles that require a chart to keep track of all the pre and post-release content.

In a nutshell, the Digital Deluxe Edition will only be available on PS4, some physical goodies will also be only for PS4 and last, but not least, both expansions will launch on Xbox (and presumably PC as well) some time after it does on, you guessed it, PS4.

https://www.tweaktow...-chart_full.jpg

#7398 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9380 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:13 PM

Remedy's Control has joined the likes of Anthem and several Ubisoft titles that require a chart to keep track of all the pre and post-release content.

In a nutshell, the Digital Deluxe Edition will only be available on PS4, some physical goodies will also be only for PS4 and last, but not least, both expansions will launch on Xbox (and presumably PC as well) some time after it does on, you guessed it, PS4.

All this console exclusive content is bullshit. And WTF with Xbox being home to the other Remedy games?

#7399 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10721 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:14 PM

In a nutshell, the Digital Deluxe Edition will only be available on PS4, some physical goodies will also be only for PS4 and last, but not least, both expansions will launch on Xbox (and presumably PC as well) some time after it does on, you guessed it, PS4.

This has not been earned in the slightest. Honestly with 505 publishing this game I have some reservations. They are kind of B league.

#7400 Armstrong x360a   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1023 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Armstrong x360a

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:17 PM

All this console exclusive content is bullshit. And WTF with Xbox being home to the other Remedy games?

Yea, I think MS must be screwing the pooch with the terms of it's exclusive deals. Why do so many developers go running to PS immediately after completing exclusive deals with MS? 

(Xbox only fanboy here... fwiw)

#7401 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4114 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:20 PM

Great, thanks to Sony, 505 Games, and Remedy. Go Fuck yourselves.

It is extremely shitty for them to try and obfuscate that PS4 is getting exclusive stuff by making two separate charts. And a platform exclusive mission for a single player game? Amazing.

#7402 Razzel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   637 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:27 PM

I don’t get the point of alienating a consoles entire fanbase lol

#7403 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1987 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:32 PM

Seems like the same kind of deal with Destiny stuff, wonder how long of a delay the expansions are going to get. Are they talking a month or a year? I probably wasn't picking this one up anyway, I found Quantum Break kind of neat to look at and very high production values but just so repetitive after a bit with a lack of enemy variety, now if it was an actual Alan Wake sequel...

#7404 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4114 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:33 PM

Yea, I think MS must be screwing the pooch with the terms of it's exclusive deals. Why do so many developers go running to PS immediately after completing exclusive deals with MS? 

Exclusive content beyond maybe costumes is total trash. It was a bad precedent set last gen and it just gets more annoying as time goes on. As far as developers that were formerly exclusive, with Xbox it's very clear that the smaller userbase affects sales pretty strongly. (See Ryse, Sunset Overdrive.) If you're doing an exclusive game it makes much more business sense to do so with Sony than MS currently, and I imagine with all the studio acquistions, money for this kind of thing isn't as much of a priority unless they think it's a homerun.

Even before this we can probably still assume this mind set is being used, to focus on their own IP rather they paying to fund exclusives.

As for those that we're one time console exclusive and are going multiplatform, it makes much more business sense unless you are getting an insane amount of money paid by Sony/MS/Nintendo/Epic to go exclusive. This is not just a phenomenon with Xbox developers, as Sony had both Quantic Dream (Detroit: Become Human, Beyond: Two Souls, Heavy Rain) and SuperMassive (Until Dawn) jump ship in the past year.

#7405 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4114 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:41 PM

I don’t get the point of alienating a consoles entire fanbase lol

Spoiler

#7406 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8611 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:42 PM

Nothing that interests me except maybe Jack Pack 5

#7407 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   2716 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:44 PM

What developers? You realize the publishers are the ones making these deals, right?

#7408 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4114 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:51 PM

What developers? You realize the publishers are the ones making these deals, right?

While I think it is fair to place primary focus on the publishers as they do have the power, independent studios like Remedy or Bungie generally make the choice as to which publisher they're willing to work with. In this case they are at least partially to blame for "making a deal with the devil". 

#7409 WeeeDoo  

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:54 PM

Control will likely sell even worse than quantum break, so this isn't really a big deal. Might be the final nail in Remedys coffin.

#7410 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4114 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:59 PM

I don't know, I feel like Control does have at least a bit of hype around it. Quantum Break was mostly met with dismay thanks to the TV integration stuff. I don't think Remedy's games will ever be huge sellers but it'd be hard for it sell worse than QB.