* * * - - 21 votes

XBL Deals - Y's Origin, Layers of Fear, Grip, more | Platformers, F2P | GwG: Inside, Rivals of Aether; Castlevania:SOTN

#721 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1109 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:01 PM

Anthem didn't really feel like Destiny when I played the Alpha. But the one thing I couldn't shake was the feeling I was playing a SP MMO. I didn't do any matchmaking though, and that's probably the way it should be played. The world-building seemed good, story seemed like it had some decent elements there. I'm not preordering it (getting RE2), but am curious how it turns out. The ability to fly was pretty rad. 

TL;DR - Anthem is not Destiny. 

#722 deszaras   Wait...what? CAGiversary!   896 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

deszaras

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:13 PM

Anthem didn't really feel like Destiny when I played the Alpha. But the one thing I couldn't shake was the feeling I was playing a SP MMO. I didn't do any matchmaking though, and that's probably the way it should be played. The world-building seemed good, story seemed like it had some decent elements there. I'm not preordering it (getting RE2), but am curious how it turns out. The ability to fly was pretty rad. 

TL;DR - Anthem is not Destiny.

A SP MMO? I’d be okay with that as long as the world and backstory was well flashed out. I spent most of my MMO years playing solo and preferred it that way. It didn’t work well in some of the older MMOs but It did in WoW. That being said, WoW is a high bar to measure up to. Maybe the way it has been presented hasn’t appealed to me and what I enjoy. Most of what I’ve read is about the game mechanics. They haven’t shown me a compelling story or reason to be invested in their world. Maybe after it comes out, I’ll finally learn more.

#723 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1911 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:16 PM

I can connect to the rewards site, but not the forums.  Some other MS sites are also having trouble.  Gears forums, messages can't load on XBL profile page, either Major Nelson's site got a bit of a redesign or it's not able to retrieve some formatting info.

Yeah, MS rewards was being a bastard for me this morning, seems like it's sorted out now? I do see that 12 months Xbox Live is down to 29,000 points. Doesn't have the "Hot Deals" labeling yet on the tile but I think that's the hot deals price. I'm already at 25k since the great pre Thanksgiving purge but of course my dog left me due to the constant clicking. Might have to get Resident Evil 2 to push me over the top for another year of Gold. 

#724 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1911 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:17 PM

I think Dragon Age Inquisition played like a single player MMO 

#725 kdiddy1989   I make average CAGs look rich. CAGiversary!   2130 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:37 PM

Yeah, MS rewards was being a bastard for me this morning, seems like it's sorted out now? I do see that 12 months Xbox Live is down to 29,000 points. Doesn't have the "Hot Deals" labeling yet on the tile but I think that's the hot deals price. I'm already at 25k since the great pre Thanksgiving purge but of course my dog left me due to the constant clicking. Might have to get Resident Evil 2 to push me over the top for another year of Gold. 

29k is the normal price.  24k is/was the Hot Deals price.

#726 Dagolara   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   653 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Dagolara

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:38 PM

29k is the normal price for 1 year (level 2) after they slightly upped it last year. The next hot deal should go up tomorrow or the next day if the people on the rewards sub are correct. 

#727 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5774 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:59 PM

Team Glow Hammerburst in tonight's Gears eSports stream.

https://live.gearsofwar.com

#728 Bash  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:13 PM

Wow, what's with all the Celeste hate? Celeste was never marketed as an easy game. I for one found it to be magnificent and very well designed. Sure, it was very hard at times (mostly the strawberries and b-sides), but to write walls of text to prove that you have nothing to prove is just absurd.

#729 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4050 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:23 PM

Wow, what's with all the Celeste hate? Celeste was never marketed as an easy game. I for one found it to be magnificent and very well designed. Sure, it was very hard at times (mostly the strawberries and b-sides), but to write walls of text to prove that you have nothing to prove is just absurd.

This thread has pretty wide-spread taste since we're only really held together by Xbox. Plenty of us like Celeste as well.

#730 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3622 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:31 PM

I haven’t tried Celeste yet... I have been on Mario Party on Switch with the kids #WrongThread.

My 4tb external and 1tb internal are full and I don’t have a lot of games installed :( time to save up for an 8 or 10 tb I guess. Those COD games take all my space, luckily I skipped BO4 cuz I just play the campaigns mostly so I don’t need that one, but I just got Infinite Warfare + Modern Warfare remastered for $15, I haven’t installed it yet cuz I’ll have to delete something.

#731 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   440 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:32 PM

Yeah, people wrote walls of text on Celete's difficulty because that's genuinely how they feel about the game.

I mean Celetese is either a work of art and held to the same standards and criticisms or it's just a  shallow flavor of the month indie game that was pushed at the game awards for reasons and needs coddling.

#732 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5774 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:05 AM

We Happy Few and Lego Movie Videogame show Game Pass discounts on their marketplace pages.  We Happy Few doesn't have the "With Xbox Game Pass, play this game, or buy it to own" banner, though.  I already own the Lego Movie Videogame.

And some new drops.

:xb1: Metro 2033 Redux - $5.00 - 75% off
:xb1: Metro: Last Light Redux - $5.00 - 75% off

#733 dennisb407   Brickseek DN CAGiversary!   5812 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:12 AM

List of players/participants for my Australian Open $10 Xbox Gift Card + 1 Month Game Pass contest below:

Spoiler

I regularly watch tennis and don't know at least half of these players so I'm thinking this contest might be over by the 4th round haha. Good luck everyone!

I demand in a recount *in my Trump voice*  I need my name thrown into the hat.    I pick Billie Jean King

#734 dennisb407   Brickseek DN CAGiversary!   5812 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:13 AM

We Happy Few and Lego Movie Videogame show Game Pass discounts on their marketplace pages.  We Happy Few doesn't have the "With Xbox Game Pass, play this game, or buy it to own" banner, though.  I already own the Lego Movie Videogame.

I was hoping the season pass got discounted

#735 Cage017   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4915 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:25 AM

Is Celeste worse than Amy?

#736 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   673 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:35 AM

doesnt override mech city have a free play weekend this weekend?

#737 barrysowders   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   416 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

barrysowders

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:49 AM

doesnt override mech city have a free play weekend this weekend?

Yeah it does.

#738 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   673 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:53 AM

Yeah it does.

anyone know if this is live yet?

#739 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5774 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:11 AM

Team Glow Hammerburst in tonight's Gears eSports stream.

https://live.gearsofwar.com

Skin is live.

#740 DGenerateKane   Former Kanenite CAGiversary!   631 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

DGenerateKane

Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:24 AM

Late to the preorders discussion, but I'll say my piece anyway. I've always been a cheapass long before I found this site, so needless to say I haven't preordered much. Since the 360's launch I've preordered less than a dozen games. The ones I'm VERY interested in get that honor. Until now. Let's just say all the BS from Bethesda regarding 76 has made me vow to never preorder a game again. Sure, I'll probably preorder Anthem and The Division 2 to get Beta access (or whatever Anthem is calling it) but I'll cancel them both before they release. I paid way to much to Beta test 76 for Bethesda, and no I'm not talking about the very short Beta period either. I'm still Beta testing their damn game. I think my eye twitched a little yesterday when I saw my first bug after yesterday's patch before I'd even loaded into the game. Remind me again what that extra 8 days was for again Bethesda? Testing? Ok, I believe you. Do you also have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell me?

I'm not bitter at all.

#741 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2348 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:35 AM

Better than Catherine?

#742 darthfracas   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   846 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

darthfracas

Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:46 AM

We Happy Few and Lego Movie Videogame show Game Pass discounts on their marketplace pages. We Happy Few doesn't have the "With Xbox Game Pass, play this game, or buy it to own" banner, though. I already own the Lego Movie Videogame.

And some new drops.

:xb1: Metro 2033 Redux - $5.00 - 75% off
:xb1: Metro: Last Light Redux - $5.00 - 75% off

:xb1: Override: Mech City Brawl - $19.49 - 35% off
:xb1: Override: Mech City Brawl - Super Charged Mega Edition - $25.99 - 35% off
:xb1: Paladins Digital Deluxe Edition 2019 - $47.99 - 20% off

:xb1: The FMV Bundle - $36.79 - 20% off

What’s more likely when Metro Exodus comes out:
Xbox One Metro games go GWG
360 Metro games go BC

#743 Woocls   Grumpy Old Gamer CAGiversary!   1225 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:56 AM

What’s more likely when Metro Exodus comes out:
Xbox One Metro games go GWG
360 Metro games go BC

Honestly, neither seem likely. Both are on game pass and they're using that to sell the service. Plus BC on remastered games already out are rare. I honestly can't think of one that went BC after it already had a remaster.

#744 Bowie88   Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster CAGiversary!   236 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:19 AM

A SP MMO? I’d be okay with that as long as the world and backstory was well flashed out. I spent most of my MMO years playing solo and preferred it that way. It didn’t work well in some of the older MMOs but It did in WoW. That being said, WoW is a high bar to measure up to. Maybe the way it has been presented hasn’t appealed to me and what I enjoy. Most of what I’ve read is about the game mechanics. They haven’t shown me a compelling story or reason to be invested in their world. Maybe after it comes out, I’ll finally learn more.

If you ever played the .hack games on PS2 (or the new remake of G.U. on PS4), they are pretty much single player MMOs. I mean, it's a single player RPG simulating an MMO, so close enough. They also had a pretty good story, especially the first series.

#745 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2434 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:22 AM

Honestly, neither seem likely. Both are on game pass and they're using that to sell the service. Plus BC on remastered games already out are rare. I honestly can't think of one that went BC after it already had a remaster.

Borderlands 2, Saints Row 4, all 3 Bioshock games, Rayman Legends. Pretty sure I'm forgetting at least one more.

The only detail is that some of them weren't remasters, just ports. Still noteworthy though.

#746 kdiddy1989   I make average CAGs look rich. CAGiversary!   2130 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 03:08 AM

Better than Catherine?

The same as Destiny.

#747 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 17 January 2019 - 03:55 AM

Finally beat Deus Ex: HR after starting it back in 2014 lol

Whoever designed the boss fights can Fuck right off though.

#748 Khalid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   851 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 04:26 AM

Kinda weird, Monday, I sent the link to  my cousin to download Far Cry 2 said Page not found now. I found a new link but it said Offer not available in my region (also his).

#749 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9318 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 04:33 AM

Don’t think anyone mentioned that Salt & Sanctuary is coming to Xbox One next month. Such a great 2D Souls-ish game. May need to double dip!

https://www.eurogame...ing-to-xbox-one

#750 capndan   It's for your health! CAGiversary!   151 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 05:40 AM

Just downloaded far cry 2 and I still have my saves from 2011. Only made it 27% through the game, but I don't think I'll be finishing it. It's a decent game but lacks a lot of refinement. I recall playing a custom map on multiplayer, it was just a giant toilet. At the time I was surprised to see custom maps on a console game, I was less surprised that someone created a toilet for a map.