* * * - - 21 votes

XBL Deals - Y's Origin, Layers of Fear, Grip, more | Platformers, F2P | GwG: Inside, Rivals of Aether; Castlevania:SOTN

#14431 ilovexboxone   video game master CAGiversary!   674 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago  

ilovexboxone

Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:17 AM

Slow news day so here's a random PSA:

On the console store, if you go to any game page and press start you can go to the store settings and turn off auto playing videos for all store pages. My friend didn't know about that so maybe a few of you want it off as well.

game changer....good find

#14432 Donken   President & CEO CAGiversary!   3623 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:28 AM

I have an Xbox One in my bedroom that I play Apex on late into the evening. Sometimes when I’m done I’ll jump into the Rewards App and click those quests. The videos on the featured game would sometimes come on so loud it would wake up my sleeping wife, which was not good. So when I say it’s life changing, I really mean it, happy wife, happy life.

#14433 xbox_man   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   810 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:51 AM

Not knowing how much you've actually played and which achievement you've unlocked:

- Spin your first Super Wheelspin
- Buy your first car from the Autoshow
- Arrive at the Horizon Festival
- Arrive at the Lego Horizon Festival

I have the achievement - Arrive at the Horizon festival.
I stopped playing after getting that.
Thought I would do the spin but could not find it in the menu.
Do I have to do a few more races first?

#14434 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2437 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:18 AM

This just changed my life. Now if you could tell me how to do the same thing with Netflix auto play you would be the champion of the month for sure.

They're the worst. Half of them have generic music playing to create a shitty montage that usually doesn't fit the show, and then the generic music gets reused on lots of the auto-plays. 

Speaking of spoilers in previews, Target is running a huge ad for Endgame in the electronics section that shows the most important scene of the final battle on repeat. WTF.

#14435 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2346 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:39 AM

I'm assuming from your response that you just have the base game which would eliminate the Wheelspin and the Lego Festival as quick achievements which would leave purchasing your first car as the only thing I can think of.

To earn a wheelspin:

1. Initial reward for being a VIP

2. Reward for reaching various Tier levels in Horizon Life

3. As a reward for purchasing the Croftdale Farm Player House

4. Can also be purchased in the #Forzathon Ship for 150FP

#14436 xbox_man   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   810 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:56 AM

I'm assuming from your response that you just have the base game which would eliminate the Wheelspin and the Lego Festival as quick achievements which would leave purchasing your first car as the only thing I can think of.

To earn a wheelspin:

1. Initial reward for being a VIP
2. Reward for reaching various Tier levels in Horizon Life
3. As a reward for purchasing the Croftdale Farm Player House
4. Can also be purchased in the #Forzathon Ship for 150FP

Yeah, just the base game from gamepass.
Might just play for a while since it is 500 points.

#14437 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5780 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:19 AM

Yeah, just the base game from gamepass.
Might just play for a while since it is 500 points.

Are the stories Isha's Taxis, British Racing Green or Skill Streak available for you yet?  They're the yellow icons on the map.  Each one has an achievement for completing the first chapter.  Since those stories were added in updates, I'm not sure if they're unlocked by progressing in the game.  There's also A Race in the Crowd for doing 3 races blueprinted by other players.  Drag strips should be the fastest.

#14438 kdiddy1989   I make average CAGs look rich. CAGiversary!   2131 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:30 AM

Slow news day so here's a random PSA:

On the console store, if you go to any game page and press start you can go to the store settings and turn off auto playing videos for all store pages. My friend didn't know about that so maybe a few of you want it off as well.

Wow, I'm surprised at all the people who don't like the autoplaying of the trailers/videos.  Didn't think it was a universally hated feature.  I thought it was pretty cool when I first saw it.

#14439 krishna_malladi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4101 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

krishna_malladi

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:40 AM

Wow, I'm surprised at all the people who don't like the autoplaying of the trailers/videos. Didn't think it was a universally hated feature. I thought it was pretty cool when I first saw it.

I actually love it. It's one of our favorite things to do, for me and the kid, to go into upcoming games and watch the videos wherever we can. It's like watching trailers for movies...

#14440 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   2124 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:14 AM

Wow, I'm surprised at all the people who don't like the autoplaying of the trailers/videos.  Didn't think it was a universally hated feature.  I thought it was pretty cool when I first saw it.

It would've been a nice feature... if the audio wasn't so goshdarn loud. 

#14441 .Beowulf  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 11:59 AM

mVcDeFs.jpg

they sure raised the price on these (xbl) (points wise) 5k it looks like for this specific one

between that and lower % off when hot deals they might be going full sony on us

#14442 gamegirlpocket   hope rides alone CAGiversary!   2437 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

gamegirlpocket

Posted 12 July 2019 - 12:45 PM

I actually love it. It's one of our favorite things to do, for me and the kid, to go into upcoming games and watch the videos wherever we can. It's like watching trailers for movies...

I actually like it on the Xbox store because it's easy to cycle away from the trailers and stay on the page for whatever game you're looking at. Usually with Netflix, I'm trying to read the description and it starts auto-playing a loud 15 second loop of content. 

#14443 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10440 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:53 PM

I had a sneaking suspicion this was coming to Xbox, but I didn't dare to think it would be part of Game Pass...

#14444 krishna_malladi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4101 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

krishna_malladi

Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:12 PM

I actually like it on the Xbox store because it's easy to cycle away from the trailers and stay on the page for whatever game you're looking at. Usually with Netflix, I'm trying to read the description and it starts auto-playing a loud 15 second loop of content.

Oh on Netflix is fucking obnoxious; utterly dispice it.

#14445 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1916 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:14 PM

mVcDeFs.jpg

they sure raised the price on these (points wise) 5k it looks like for this specific one

between that and lower % off when hot deals they might be going full sony on us

Not exactly sure what that's for, but thought they already announced Reward point price increases a bit back. the % on Hot Deals for gift cards last time was in line with what it's been historically this time of year, they seem to have a bigger % off in the Fall/Holiday time. That said the last "Xbox labeled" Hot Deals were only $5 and $10 cards and $10 was gone after a few days and $5 was about a week. Hopefully they are not majorly cutting back the quantity available. Then again they also ran it the next Hot Deal right after they ran "MS labeled" gift cards, and I don't ever recall seeing that.

#14446 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3412 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:05 PM

I had a sneaking suspicion this was coming to Xbox, but I didn't dare to think it would be part of Game Pass...

inXile entertainment is a Xbox Game Studio and all Xbox Game Studio games are coming to Game Pass on launch.

I'm looking forward to playing this and the Outer Worlds when they release on game pass.

#14447 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11550 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:08 PM

Timespinner was awesome but really easy and short. 5 hours to get to final boss and only died on the final boss. There are alternate choices and endings as well as doing the usual 100% everything that will prolly take u 13+ hours.

#14448 Touch3  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:14 PM

Your next achievement will be Pride Before the Fall - Qualify for Horizon Autumn.  Just do a few more races and fill your influence bar to whatever level it wants you to get to next.  It can't be missed.

The only thing that might appear before that would be applying a car mastery point, but you'd probably get that afterwards.

#14449 krishna_malladi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4101 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

krishna_malladi

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:15 PM

Timespinner was awesome but really easy and short. 5 hours to get to final boss and only died on the final boss. There are alternate choices and endings as well as doing the usual 100% everything that will prolly take u 13+ hours.

Just based on this, I know I will die on the first screen and become a butt of joke for my kid for the rest of the evening.

:wall:

#14450 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10440 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:24 PM

inXile entertainment is a Xbox Game Studio and all Xbox Game Studio games are coming to Game Pass on launch.

I'm looking forward to playing this and the Outer Worlds when they release on game pass.

I wouldn't mind a port of the older Bard's Tale games next!

#14451 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1245 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:49 PM

I already have GPU out to 6/2022, but I'm thinking I should buy one of those $15 3-month GPU codes from Best Buy and then save it until September to redeem.  They don't expire do they?

#14452 lochdoun   Coast to Coast CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 04:22 PM

Wow, I'm surprised at all the people who don't like the autoplaying of the trailers/videos. Didn't think it was a universally hated feature. I thought it was pretty cool when I first saw it.

If it didn't cause my XB1X to load store pages as if I was running a 2002 Acer laptop on dialup then I would like it a lot more.

#14453 Gsdriver   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   36 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Gsdriver

Posted 12 July 2019 - 04:53 PM

I constantly see posts from people asking about a game on sale get drowned out by a bunch of "regulars" that want to argue about WWE or some random AV question. 

This, and they've turned this thread into a festival of ignorance, greed and gluttony.  If you come in here to brag about your backlog while the entire country suffers then I think you're mentally ill or just ignorant. (I mean that, I'm not trolling and I hope you get help)

And tribalism is ridiculous...lol....somehow your post count make you better than other CAGS -LURKERS- and they gang up on anybody who doesn't want to talk about stupid pop culture made for children. 

I would like this thread to be about saving money and not throwing it down a hole, and about helping and welcoming EVERYBODY and not bragging about spending your money like a sociopath,it's disgusting and embarrasing. 

I can't read this thread a "few regulars" have turned into something completely different. They're ignorant as much as they're smug.

Wanting to ban people cause they haven't seen a TV show while a guy promoting genocide of refugees get to hangs out..lol. Telling people how to use the word "blacks"...lol...I'm talking to you......

#14454 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4050 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 12 July 2019 - 04:56 PM

Just to be clear, I am not joking or playing a character. I legitimately think a forum thread going off topic is exactly the same as a soccer game being interrupted for a picnic. I constantly see posts from people asking about a game on sale get drowned out by a bunch of "regulars" that want to argue about WWE or some random AV question. That's cool that you want to talk to your little internet buddies and no one else really cares, but I feel bad for the guy trying to decide what the best bang is for his $5 that's being ignored. Like, can you imagine asking for fitness advice on a fitness forum and even there no one wants to listen to you or help you out?

A couple things here. I think it's safe to say that if someone comes to this thread and asks for recommendations, they're generally going to get more than enough. I think what you're getting at is that someone shouldn't necessarily have to ask to know what the best deals. When a new deal is up the discussion about it happens and it only really is light if the deals are really bad or things have been on sale many times in the past. On a forum like this, if someone doesn't see discussion about what they're interested in they can either scrub back through the thread or PARTICIPATE instead of lurking and then complaining when they feel like the thread isn't acting how they want it to with no input (this is not aimed at you but at some of the people supporting your complaints who never otherwise post). As we've said before, there are several other places that are explicitly designed to encourage current deal ONLY discussion. TrueAchievments, Reddit (/xboxone, /greatxboxdeals), SlickDeals. If someone doesn't like or care about the community here, there are other options.

Personally, I think you probably would have more of an impact on this thread if you didn't keep posting about reporting people and instead focused on keeping the thread on topic with deal/game specific posts.

Finally, I think your fitness forum reference hypothetical is a pretty obvious type of thing that exists in a LOT of forums that have built up communities over time, and that our XBL thread is generally not guilty of this. The only time I see genuine discussion posts be ignored is if something has already been asked/discussed a lot recently, or if no on genuinely knows the answer or has an opinion.

One thought that I've had recently on this general topic is how CAG actually presents itself. Anyone that follows CAG's Twitter or Facebook is likely aware of the regular shitposts published about "deals" terrible PSN avatars or ironic gamer gear. I don't think this exactly promotes completely on topic discussion.

#14455 krishna_malladi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4101 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

krishna_malladi

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:14 PM

This, and they've turned this thread into a festival of ignorance, greed and gluttony.  If you come in here to brag about your backlog while the entire country suffers then I think you're mentally ill or just ignorant. (I mean that, I'm not trolling and I hope you get help)

And tribalism is ridiculous...lol....somehow your post count make you better than other CAGS -LURKERS- and they gang up on anybody who doesn't want to talk about stupid pop culture made for children. 

I would like this thread to be about saving money and not throwing it down a hole, and about helping and welcoming EVERYBODY and not bragging about spending your money like a sociopath,it's disgusting and embarrasing. 

I can't read this thread a "few regulars" have turned into something completely different. They're ignorant as much as they're smug.

Wanting to ban people cause they haven't seen a TV show while a guy promoting genocide of refugees get to hangs out..lol. Telling people how to use the word "blacks"...lol...I'm talking to you......

giphy.gif

#14456 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   2011 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:19 PM

when someone mentions their backlog, their usually not bragging. It's a friendly and humorous way to admit they have a problem. i'm sorry that's been lost on you.

#14457 krishna_malladi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4101 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

krishna_malladi

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:20 PM

I already have GPU out to 6/2022, but I'm thinking I should buy one of those $15 3-month GPU codes from Best Buy and then save it until September to redeem.  They don't expire do they?

I hope not; and, MS has been pretty good about the expiration until now but with the way MS funny money (acquired from rewards) is set to expire within 90 days now, I'd want to make sure there is actual verbiage stating it does not expire before investing in this.

Having said that, MS currency cards (or even XBL codes) never had any expiration I think and you would think the GPU will follow the same model. *shrug*

It isnt a super helpful response, sorry.

#14458 p0rn0saur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1916 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

p0rn0saur

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:21 PM

Wow that rant was really idiotic 

Scroll on by if you don't care, cause I don't care that you don't, but just a headsup another contest weekend for Tetris 99. It's a Splatoon 2 theme so whatever, need the usual 100 points. 

https://www.nintendo...ith-splatoon-2/

#14459 gogomo  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:22 PM

If you come in here to brag about your backlog while the entire country suffers then I think you're mentally ill or just ignorant. (I mean that, I'm not trolling and I hope you get help)

I would like this thread to be about saving money and not throwing it down a hole, and about helping and welcoming EVERYBODY...

I feel like those two statements are somewhat hypocritical.  If it's about welcoming everybody, then why are you shaming people with backlogs?  I don't have one and the concept fascinates me, but people should be allowed to spend their money how they like.

#14460 LoganDX   Five by Five, B CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2019 - 05:23 PM

If it didn't cause my XB1X to load store pages as if I was running a 2002 Acer laptop on dialup then I would like it a lot more.

This! So much this!