* - - - - 3 votes

Splatoon 2 - Nintendo Switch - 24.57 Best Buy Pricematch

#31 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13921 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:24 PM

I like to think of these YMMV deals in this context:

(Potential Savings * Probability of Success) > (Opportunity Cost)

If True, then try the YMMV deal; if not, then skip it. 

Or simply having the correct information ahead of time would save me the effort. This was not presented as YMMV.

#32 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   942 Posts   Joined 0.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:38 PM

Or simply having the correct information ahead of time would save me the effort. This was not presented as YMMV.

Agreed it wasn't presented as YMMV, but I'm of the opinion that all price matches are YMMV.

#33 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1559 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:20 AM

Just wanted to say thanks to the OP.  I had a cert about to expire so I decided to give this a shot tonight.  Keep in mind that a physical microcenter exists about 40 minutes across town.

My advice is to just ask nicely, be patient, and don't rage if they can't do it.  I did have to request checking "core blue" since I explained it was an in-store only deal that won't be visible on a webpage but "I heard" it was in their system somewhere.  The employee did have to ask for assistance in looking things up that way and then again for an override.  But took me 10 min and worked.

#34 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   942 Posts   Joined 0.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:35 AM

There's a similar thing going on with Super Mario Bros Deluxe for Switch. Amazon UK has a listing on amazon.com for around $46. I was able to price match via chat for in-store pickup.

#35 mike568   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   388 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:41 AM

There's a similar thing going on with Super Mario Bros Deluxe for Switch. Amazon UK has a listing on amazon.com for around $46. I was able to price match via chat for in-store pickup.

You could preorder it back on Dec 3 when Amazon and Walmart were getting in pricing war going back fort and worth cents at a time. It ended up at $46.91. It got delivered today around 3pm. I wish Best Buy price matched preorders but they don’t so they lost the sale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#36 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   942 Posts   Joined 0.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:54 AM

You could preorder it back on Dec 3 when Amazon and Walmart were getting in pricing war going back fort and worth cents at a time. It ended up at $46.91. It got delivered today around 3pm. I wish Best Buy price matched preorders but they don’t so they lost the sale.

Yeah good point, but I have a lot of reward points, so I burned them on this.

#37 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1083 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:33 PM

Tried my luck at a different Best Buy and had success.