Splatoon 2 - Nintendo Switch - 24.57 Best Buy Pricematch

Keisu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Here is exactly how to do it.

Ask them to log into ETK.

Under C they will find "Core Blue"

Inside there they have a pricematch tool, they look up microcenter and you now have a game for 24.57.

This has been on Reddit for at least 2 days. Expect this to get shut down sometime relatively soon. Theres a simple technical reason that this is happening, and they should be able to fix it.

This has been on Reddit for at least 2 days. Expect this to get shut down sometime relatively soon. Theres a simple technical reason that this is happening, and they should be able to fix it.
Yes it been on reddit for 5 days. https://old.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitchDeals/comments/ac9tio/microcenterbestbuy_price_match_us_splatoon_2_2457/

However, today I found out, by going and talking to the people I normally work with at the store, exactly how to make it duplicatable.

Until now, the only information given was "Core Blue" which plenty of people have no idea how to use, where it is, or what to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great info, for sure. Thanks, Keisu. I'm just trying to express the urgency that people need if they want to score this.

This is great info, for sure. Thanks, Keisu. I'm just trying to express the urgency that people need if they want to score this.
Makes sense. You're probably right it will be taken down eventually.

I make sites for a living, their app is pulling from the metadata on Microcenter and the Metadata on Microcenter is wrong. I don't expect microcenter to correct it, but bestbuy may stop it.

I make sites for a living, their app is pulling from the metadata on Microcenter and the Metadata on Microcenter is wrong. I don't expect microcenter to correct it, but bestbuy may stop it.
Yup. I'm a programmer, too. Now I might want to scrape all of microcenter to see what other mistakes they have haha

Incredible price OP! If anyone with a Switch didn’t get this for Christmas, and you don’t buy it at $25!, sell your switch!

This is a must have !

Cause I am not shit at talking to people? 

Hey I saw this, is it true?  Could you look at it for me?

If anyone can get me one I’ll paypal or venmo the cost and shipping charge.
So you want someone drive to bestbuy, purchase the game for you, then drive home, pack it up, drive and ship it out? To a complete stranger no less, and also they will risk a chargeback from, and you’ll reimburse them for the cost of the game and shipping?

Not only is it a complete waste of time for that someone, but they’ll actually be losing money.

Hate to say it, but asking people to “pick one up for me” isn’t going to happen these days.

So you want someone drive to bestbuy, purchase the game for you, then drive home, pack it up, drive and ship it out? To a complete stranger no less, and also they will risk a chargeback from, and you’ll reimburse them for the cost of the game and shipping?

Not only is it a complete waste of time for that someone, but they’ll actually be losing money.

Hate to say it, but asking people to “pick one up for me” isn’t going to happen these days.
It's actually worked before on this site and I've done it for another person on this site, I'd make sure if someone did it they didn't lose money. Some people are willing to help others. Thanks for the input though!

Is this working at non-microcenter area stores/online?
Did not work for me. I asked them to look up Microcenter and it wasn't showing as a competitor, so your area must have one at least in the state by my assumption. Would have been good to know before wasting my time.

Did not work for me. I asked them to look up Microcenter and it wasn't showing as a competitor, so your area must have one at least in the state by my assumption. Would have been good to know before wasting my time.
I like to think of these YMMV deals in this context:

(Potential Savings * Probability of Success) > (Opportunity Cost)
If True, then try the YMMV deal; if not, then skip it.

I had success without any issues. I went to my backup Best Buy to hopefully avoid issues and it’s bigger store with a Magnolia Home Theater department. I asked a pretty easy going woman to check and see how much it was on Micro Center didn’t mention Core Blue and we went to a register and price matched it. It did require an override but approved once she showed him the Core Blue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is this working at non-microcenter area stores/online?
So I don't have a Microcenter in my area. The CSC person initially told me they do pm microcenter and was able to find the price in the app. But she needed a manager override, who denied me due to Microcenter not shipping to Hawaii.

Does this always require a override? I feel like this manager was being strict. But I dont wanna waste time trying again.

So I don't have a Microcenter in my area. The CSC person initially told me they do pm microcenter and was able to find the price in the app. But she needed a manager override, who denied me due to Microcenter not shipping to Hawaii.

Does this always require a override? I feel like this manager was being strict. But I dont wanna waste time trying again.
I have a Micro Center 55 miles away, so it’s closish. The woman helping me hadn’t heard of Micro Center but luckily she didn’t try to find it on her phone. I think this deal will require a manager since more than half off.

I live close to micro centre I couldn't find splatoon 2 on their website.
This an error on in the meta data on the website. Best Buy’s Core Blue pulls from websites meta data. This deal is in store only and YMMV since it requires a manager override.

I like to think of these YMMV deals in this context:

(Potential Savings * Probability of Success) > (Opportunity Cost)
If True, then try the YMMV deal; if not, then skip it.
Or simply having the correct information ahead of time would save me the effort. This was not presented as YMMV.

Just wanted to say thanks to the OP.  I had a cert about to expire so I decided to give this a shot tonight.  Keep in mind that a physical microcenter exists about 40 minutes across town.

My advice is to just ask nicely, be patient, and don't rage if they can't do it.  I did have to request checking "core blue" since I explained it was an in-store only deal that won't be visible on a webpage but "I heard" it was in their system somewhere.  The employee did have to ask for assistance in looking things up that way and then again for an override.  But took me 10 min and worked.

There's a similar thing going on with Super Mario Bros Deluxe for Switch. Amazon UK has a listing on amazon.com for around $46. I was able to price match via chat for in-store pickup.

There's a similar thing going on with Super Mario Bros Deluxe for Switch. Amazon UK has a listing on amazon.com for around $46. I was able to price match via chat for in-store pickup.
You could preorder it back on Dec 3 when Amazon and Walmart were getting in pricing war going back fort and worth cents at a time. It ended up at $46.91. It got delivered today around 3pm. I wish Best Buy price matched preorders but they don’t so they lost the sale.

You could preorder it back on Dec 3 when Amazon and Walmart were getting in pricing war going back fort and worth cents at a time. It ended up at $46.91. It got delivered today around 3pm. I wish Best Buy price matched preorders but they don’t so they lost the sale.
Yeah good point, but I have a lot of reward points, so I burned them on this.

bread's done
Back