* * * - - 4 votes

Best Buy - Resident Evil 2 w/ free Steelbook with any version purchase

#361 omegafox84  

omegafox84

Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:19 PM

i received my steelbook today. it arrived loose in a huge box with some air pillows. just a couple tiny nicks but otherwise close to perfect condition. very happy with it.

#362 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 28 January 2019 - 11:58 PM

Wait, what? The outside art insert? Wouldn't any copy of RE2 non CE/Deluxe have that?

Just the lenticular one which is fucking awesome. Up there with the Vanqish lenticular sleeve

#363 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14179 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 12:39 AM

Returned the game today, NP. Sounds like it might take this one a while to hit $20, which I'm fine with. With Capcom already talking about remastering RE3, seems they're just on the remake bandwagon trail like everyone else yet I still can't get a Dragon's Dogma 2. This company has got to be the dumbest decision-maker in the industry, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

#364 smacd101   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   150 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:25 AM

Returned the game today, NP. Sounds like it might take this one a while to hit $20, which I'm fine with. With Capcom already talking about remastering RE3, seems they're just on the remake bandwagon trail like everyone else yet I still can't get a Dragon's Dogma 2. This company has got to be the dumbest decision-maker in the industry, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

DD2 would be very unlikely to have the appeal and sell as well as RE2.

#365 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12208 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 05:41 AM

So my steelbook showed up today without even getting a shipping email.  Seems to be in very good condition, except for the sticker on the back that does not want to come off easily.

#366 geechy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   9 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 06:16 AM

Even if you missed out, you could've still bought it on Amazon DE for roughly $18 shipped. I did that 2 days ago since I didn't order it from BB cause I got the CE instead.

I got the deluxe version. I was thinking of getting the ce, but I didn't realize that GameStop was oos already.

#367 gepet0   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1319 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:57 AM

Am I missing something about the steel book?  I don't see anything special about this one.  No bump out.  The art is okay but I am surprised buy all the hoopla for this steel book.  I cannot remember the last time I saw people going this hard for one. 

#368 Truchador  

Truchador

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:35 PM

I think it’s the limited supply and the general hype for the game more than anything. Personally I do like the look of the steelbook.

#369 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:47 PM

Am I missing something about the steel book?  I don't see anything special about this one.  No bump out.  The art is okay but I am surprised buy all the hoopla for this steel book.  I cannot remember the last time I saw people going this hard for one. 

At this point FOMO, although it's surprising that people are paying so much on eBay when it's still available from Amazon.de.

#370 EndZero   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   338 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 05:46 PM

I think it’s the limited supply and the general hype for the game more than anything. Personally I do like the look of the steelbook.

To me the steelbook is perfect. Black with a zombie on the front, reminds me of the old RE2 cover. Umbrella symbol on the back, simple. Inside the view of Racoon City. I don't care much for steelbooks but they knocked it out of the park with this one. It's much better than the regular boxart imo. I would love to have multiples and didn't think it was a big deal since best buy never runs out of their video game steelbooks, but of course EVERYONE decides to want this one lol

#371 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14179 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 05:59 PM

DD2 would be very unlikely to have the appeal and sell as well as RE2.

Alright well when they run out of games to remake or suckers to buy them at full price, we'll see how long the company lasts.

#372 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 29 January 2019 - 06:11 PM

Alright well when they run out of games to remake or suckers to buy them at full price, we'll see how long the company lasts.

Given how well this game got reviewed, and how for all intents and purposes it was built from the ground up (ie, basically a new game.) it's weird to classify people enjoying their purchase "suckers"

Like would I personally love Dragons Dogma 2? Hell yes. Do i also think this Remake is a fantastic game? Hell yes. 

#373 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1300 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 29 January 2019 - 06:45 PM

Why do people keep insisting this falls in the category of other remakes? It doesn’t. This game is a completely different beast all together. More then deserves the $60 price tag.

#374 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 30 January 2019 - 09:42 AM

Remake Rival Schools and I will throw money at the monitor in a heartbeat

#375 Timbobway  

Timbobway

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:36 PM

What is the big thing with this steelbook?  I saw it on the website a few weeks ago for $10 and said to myself, "boy that is ugly, no thank you."  It doesn't have a slip sleeve either.  I don't know,  just don't see the point of it.  If it were the standard book art then yeah it would have been cool.  Also, the game is very much different from the original.  Same story but different game.  So I can see the $60 price tag.

#376 TheOpusFuller   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   771 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

TheOpusFuller

Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:51 PM

Went into best buy to pick up shenmue 2 and saw 2 resident evil steelbooks behind the counter not tagged. Asked about them and they said they should be available I'd they arent tagged but can only buy them with the game as a free gift. Asked if they would call me when its put back into the system then the manager walked over and just scanned it. Showed 10 bucks. Said I could just buy the steelbook if I wanted and not the game. I bought one, guy behind me said woah, those are available... he bought the other one. Glad I got one since missing out initially.