* * * - - 4 votes

Best Buy - Resident Evil 2 w/ free Steelbook with any version purchase

#121 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   3968 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:39 PM

I get the argument honestly. Games were $60, even $70 back in 1985. That breaks down to $136 roughly nowdays, games are like the only thing that have avoided ever going up in cost over the last going on 40 years I can think of. And then when you consider a small handful of programmers back in the 80's/early 90's could get together and kick out a game in a few months, pretty different than nowdays where major studios have hundreds if not thousands of employees working on the bigger titles at a time, over a 4-6 year timespan.

They have gone up technically with the inclusion of season passes, etc. Though you do have the option of buying just the base game, makes me glad we have so many great indie games this generation.

#122 vanlandw   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1791 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

vanlandw

Posted Yesterday, 05:30 PM

I pre-ordered awhile back before my GCU expired. Looks like on my order they added the steelbook. I did do in-store pickup, not sure if that matters or not. Good luck for everybody getting the steelbook!

#123 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAG Veteran   268 Posts   Joined 0.6 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted Yesterday, 05:47 PM

I doubt that's gonna happen because they announced dlc and a season pass for 7 before it was even out.

Do you know how many times Resident Evil 2 has been re-released?

There is DLC for this game, OF COURSE they are going to eventually have a Gold/Complete/GOATIE/package.

#124 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted Yesterday, 05:58 PM

Speaking of RE, looks like prices of RE origins have doubled for a new copy for PS4 on eBay. Lowest was around 16-17 bucks for a sealed copy of I recall.

#125 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1921 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:02 PM

I get the argument honestly. Games were $60, even $70 back in 1985. That breaks down to $136 roughly nowdays, games are like the only thing that have avoided ever going up in cost over the last going on 40 years I can think of. And then when you consider a small handful of programmers back in the 80's/early 90's could get together and kick out a game in a few months, pretty different than nowdays where major studios have hundreds if not thousands of employees working on the bigger titles at a time, over a 4-6 year timespan.

Games back in the day were so expensive because they didn’t sell nearly as many copies in the long run, the number of people / consoles sold workdwide was a tiny, tiny fraction of what it is now. They HAD to price games so high or they wouldn’t turn a profit. Now, there are so many people that own these consoles, that they don’t need to raise the price.

In short, yes, games cost more to make, but there are plenty of factors that more than make up for that.

#126 romito201   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   9 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

romito201

Posted Yesterday, 06:29 PM

There is DLC for this game, OF COURSE they are going to eventually have a Gold/Complete/GOATIE/package.

Yeah dlc weapons,skins and a free dlc mode they just announced. Don't think any story dlc is coming like resident evil 7

#127 Jurai  

Posted Yesterday, 07:21 PM

You realize that the various releases of RE2 barely differ in terms of available gameplay content, right? Any gameplay additions made were fairly inconsequential, so I'm not sure how multiple releases of RE2 remotely points at DLC

#128 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2734 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:43 PM

Doubtful.  Unless they release RE3 as an add-on for the base game which I heard might happen.  I can see Capcom making a digital Deluxe Edition of some sort with all of the bonus DLC (costumes, weapons, etc.) at some point, but all of the games content with the exception of pre-order bonuses and Deluxe Edition bonuses are on the disc itself.

#129 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAG Veteran   268 Posts   Joined 0.6 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted Yesterday, 08:36 PM

Yeah......my bad. I thought RE2 remake had a season pass, it's all basically pre-order stuff.

Still, Capcom loooooooooooooves re-releasing their games and RE 2 in particular. I have 3 different versions of RE2 alone on PS1 (and there was at least 1 more version released).

#130 dancognito   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   70 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

dancognito

Posted Yesterday, 08:40 PM

Doubtful. Unless they release RE3 as an add-on for the base game which I heard might happen. I can see Capcom making a digital Deluxe Edition of some sort with all of the bonus DLC (costumes, weapons, etc.) at some point, but all of the games content with the exception of pre-order bonuses and Deluxe Edition bonuses are on the disc itself.

Would love RE3, but I think it’s too massive to ever be an add-on

#131 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2375 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted Yesterday, 09:34 PM

Went to cancel/reorder to add a game a few days ago and was hoping they would readd the steelbook. Guess I'm out of luck. Should have checked before I cancelled.

#132 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted Yesterday, 09:37 PM

Anyone ever pre order online and do instore pickup and ask for a steelbook?

#133 CyborgNinja  

CyborgNinja

Posted Yesterday, 11:36 PM

Speaking of RE, looks like prices of RE origins have doubled for a new copy for PS4 on eBay. Lowest was around 16-17 bucks for a sealed copy of I recall.

Demand is really high right now because people are trying to play through 0 & 1 before Friday. I'm guessing we'll see a return to normal pricing shortly after 2's release. I'm playing through the PS+ "free" digital version until 0, 1, & 4 release on Switch. Assuming they are physical carts and not digital or that Revelations 1/2 cart, 1/2 digital garbage...