* * * - - 4 votes

Best Buy - Resident Evil 2 w/ free Steelbook with any version purchase

#151 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3075 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:24 PM

Yeah but that was still a remaster from the 2002 (GameCube) remake. It still has the stationary camera angles. It’s better, but I’d love to see a full remake like RE2.

Pretty sure Capcom will be remaking RE3 as well, and I heard they may possibly go back and remake RE1 again to be in line with 2 and 3.  Who knows though.  Likely RE3 first and see where it goes.  This is a win for them and they are gonna make a shit ton of revenue from it.

#152 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5023 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:40 PM

They should remake 6 🤪

#153 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3075 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:47 PM

They should remake 6

They should erase 6 with the exception of Leon's story and make that part a standalone game lol

#154 TerribleGamer   Just.... terrible. CAG in Training   32 Posts   Joined 0.6 Years Ago  

TerribleGamer

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:58 PM

They should erase 6 with the exception of Leon's story and make that part a standalone game lol

They should hire me to tell them what they should do!

#155 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1300 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:23 PM

Wouldn't those steelbooks be tied to someones pre order?

Yep, and I’m one of them. :)

#156 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   348 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:26 PM

Just got order shipped email on my steelbook from Best buy!

#157 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3988 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:55 PM

Just got order shipped email on my steelbook from Best buy!

Me too.

#158 romito201   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

romito201

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:11 PM

Yep, and I’m one of them. :)

Same

#159 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3075 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:18 PM

For those that had them shipped, I wish you the best of luck.  May they all survive the next two days through the mail in a bubble mailer with little protection. Lol

#160 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4884 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:32 PM

On the topic of further remakes, I'd be so down for Code Veronica X. I know that 3 is the logical next step, and that would also be good, but I'd definitely prefer CVX.

#161 evophile   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1165 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:16 PM

For those that had them shipped, I wish you the best of luck.  May they all survive the next two days through the mail in a bubble mailer with little protection. Lol

Lol it truly is a lottery.

I remember I got my BFV steel in a box with air padding, totally mint. And I got my Fallout 76 in a envelope so smashed that the spine was popping off the steelbook

#162 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3075 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:17 PM

Lol it truly is a lottery.

I remember I got my BFV steel in a box with air padding, totally mint. And I got my Fallout 76 in a envelope so smashed that the spine was popping off the steelbook

Got my Battlefield V one from the store with a slash down the spine, bought another from a member on here with the same thing lol.  I gave up lol.

#163 sjc1279   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   272 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:27 PM

My resident evil deluxe shipped but not the steelbook. I will return my copy if they cancel my steelbook. lol

#164 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3075 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:37 PM

My resident evil deluxe shipped but not the steelbook. I will return my copy if they cancel my steelbook. lol

Lol I wish i didn't have this obsession with buying every PS4 game physically, along with having GCU still.  I'd just buy all my shit digital.

#165 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1985 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:44 PM

Lol I wish i didn't have this obsession with buying every PS4 game physically, along with having GCU still. I'd just buy all my shit digital.

My GCU ran out a few months ago and I’ve actually been spending SO MUCH less on games (waiting for big drops), and concentrating on my backlog. It’s actually super refreshing.

#166 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3075 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:48 PM

My GCU ran out a few months ago and I’ve actually been spending SO MUCH less on games (waiting for big drops), and concentrating on my backlog. It’s actually super refreshing.

I still got another year of this shit lol

#167 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3988 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:05 PM

I still got another year of this shit lol

I wish you could transfer it. I wont buy half what I want because mine is gone.

#168 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3075 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:13 PM

I wish you could transfer it. I wont buy half what I want because mine is gone.

I'd  buy you games with it as long as you pay shipping.  Gets me points so it works both ways.

#169 omegafox84  

omegafox84

Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:23 PM

my game preorder has been preparing all day but nothing yet for the steelbook. kinda worried now. for those of you who got shipping confirmations for your steelbook, did you have the steelbook added to your original order or was it included at the time you preordered?

#170 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   348 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:42 PM

my game preorder has been preparing all day but nothing yet for the steelbook. kinda worried now. for those of you who got shipping confirmations for your steelbook, did you have the steelbook added to your original order or was it included at the time you preordered?

Well what's weird about it is I got an email saying the steelbook shipped (nothing for the game) but the game still shows "preparing" and steelbook still says "pre-ordered"

But their site has been a little odd lately - when they shipped me Onimusha last week it showed "preparing" even after I got the shipment email and didn't update until the package arrived to show as delivered.

#171 omegafox84  

omegafox84

Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:50 PM

Well what's weird about it is I got an email saying the steelbook shipped (nothing for the game) but the game still shows "preparing" and steelbook still says "pre-ordered"

But their site has been a little odd lately - when they shipped me Onimusha last week it showed "preparing" even after I got the shipment email and didn't update until the package arrived to show as delivered.

ok, that's a relief. thank you for the info. now i just gotta worry about it getting mangled during shipping.

#172 romito201   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

romito201

Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:03 PM

My in store pickup changed to preparing for the steelbook  hopefully thats a good sign I'll actually get it

#173 Blade3D   Grandmaster Swag CAGiversary!   4295 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:59 PM

Guessing it's too late to get the steelbook?

#174 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   348 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:13 PM

Guessing it's too late to get the steelbook?

Your best bet would be to do an online pre-order for in store pickup and go there early tomorrow.

#175 malfcn   CAGalicious! CAGiversary!   2472 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:14 PM

Game shipped. Steel book preparing.

#176 Xenokai   Competition between PS4/XONE saved gaming. CAGiversary!   684 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:41 PM

My Collectors Edition from crappy gamestop still hasnt shipped even tho they took my money out like 5 days ago. -_-  There free Edge shipping really this bad?  Luckily my backup plan is to rent it from a local family video.  Took vacation from work for this game.  I will play it tommorrow! lol

#177 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   348 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:42 PM

My Collectors Edition from crappy gamestop still hasnt shipped even tho they took my money out like 5 days ago. -_-  There free Edge shipping really this bad?  Luckily my backup plan is to rent it from a local family video.  Took vacation from work for this game.  I will play it tommorrow! lol

They are so atrocious. I have the Deluxe Edition pre-ordered from BB for the steelbook, and the CE from Gamestop. Knowing GS I won't even get the CE until next Wednesday (with 2 day shipping) but since that comes with the Deluxe figure I can open the one from BB and then return the copy from the CE to BB in it's place.

#178 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3075 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:43 PM

Cancel it

It ain't worth the $200

#179 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3075 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:44 PM

They are so atrocious. I have the Deluxe Edition pre-ordered from BB for the steelbook, and the CE from Gamestop. Knowing GS I won't even get the CE until next Wednesday (with 2 day shipping) but since that comes with the Deluxe figure I can open the one from BB and then return the copy from the CE to BB in it's place.

I'm doing the opposite tonight.  Gonna grab a Deluxe from Gamestop tonight so I can play it and then just return my Best Buy copy tomorrow once I pick it up lol.

Baffled that Best Buy isn't doing a midnight release for RE2, yet they did one for NHL 19...wtf?

#180 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2348 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:52 PM

It's not worth doing unless each store is guaranteed to sell 50+ copies and this game isn't that big. Also, NHL didn't get a midnight release. ;)