* * * - - 4 votes

Best Buy - Resident Evil 2 w/ free Steelbook with any version purchase

#241 marineal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1589 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

marineal

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:16 PM

If I bought 3 Copies of Resident Evil 2 and 1 Copy of Resident Evil 2 Deluxe with GCU, am i screwed? 

#242 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3744 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:17 PM

If I bought 3 Copies of Resident Evil 2 and 1 Copy of Resident Evil 2 Deluxe with GCU, am i screwed? 

No

Deluxe is a different sku than the Regular Edition.  You can technically buy a total of 12 copies.  3 Deluxe for each platform and 3 Regular for each platform and not be in trouble.

#243 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   693 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:24 PM

Mine had one on it, and it came off no problem.  So mad though about the cut spine.  Mother fuckers lol

Same here.  It amazes me how many of these things have spine slashes.  

#244 qwikshake   Deal Hunter CAGiversary!   209 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

qwikshake

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:28 PM

Just got back from my local BB. Picked up my Deluxe Edition XB1 copy, but the free Steelbook was unfortunately “out of stock” at my location. It seems to be “first come first serve” with the red pick up sticker when it comes to who gets them and who doesn’t. Shame, since I was one of the first to arrive at the store, yet all the steel books were claimed via the red pick up sticker method.
I’ll probably swing by next week and see if anyone didn’t pick up their steelbook.

#245 EndZero   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   341 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:36 PM

i'm trying to call around to see if stores have extra but I get transferred to a call center. Like bruh I wanna talk to someone at the store!

#246 romito201   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

romito201

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:50 PM

Did they put stickers on the steelbooks for preordered instore pick ups?

Getting nervous and hoping mine is still there by the time I get off of work lol

Mine had a pick up sticker on it 

#247 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   754 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:53 PM

I'll corroborate this observation - I just picked up my copy at the store and noticed that they had 5-6 steelbooks sitting on the shelf with the PS4 games.  Make no mistake, these will still be in short supply at launch and I have a feeling that when they're gone, they're gone.

Are they still giving them out for free with purchase?  Or you gotta pay the $10 for it?

#248 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2749 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:57 PM

The person ahead of me was charged the $10 but I don't know if he pre-ordered or was just buying it.

#249 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:57 PM

Got the game at my store but got a new employee and only grabbed the game and said it doesn’t come with a steelbook. Guess I should’ve paid in full before release so they’d bundle it with the steelbook with red sticker. Might call em about it later

#250 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2749 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:58 PM

You should have said the pre-orders included the steelbook and they could have verified it. 

#251 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   754 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:20 PM

LOL no chance I'd ever pay for a steel case, but for free I'd take it.

#252 joek   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   68 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:44 PM

Best Buy employee on the forums mentioned that the steelbooks are sold out and they are not getting a restock. Also, those who pre ordered before the 18th should still he receiving one, albeit delayed.

I ordered on the 15th after replacing my order since the steelbook wasn't attached to my order. My steelbook is delayed until the end of February and I won't be getting the game until Monday now which is cool.

#253 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:45 PM

You should have said the pre-orders included the steelbook and they could have verified it.

Yeah told her that and she’s like it doesn’t come with one. I was about to ask her “but do you know if anyone else might know if you guys have some left” but thought I’d sound rude to her making her look like she doesn’t know what she’s doin since she was a new employee and already had trouble with just helping me fully pay off my pre order.

I did go to another bestbuy and even the employee who pre ordered it said he didn’t get a steelbook. This must be really limited and you had to have the game fully paid off weeks before the game came out I guess.

Just got an email from bestbuy saying they added the keychain to my KH3 pre order from October 2018 free of charge and also available for pickup now. I should’ve fully paid off RE deluxe a month ago. FML

#254 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3744 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:46 PM

Best Buy employee on the forums mentioned that the steelbooks are sold out and they are not getting a restock. Also, those who pre ordered before the 18th should still he receiving one, albeit delayed.

I ordered on the 15th after replacing my order since the steelbook wasn't attached to my order. My steelbook is delayed until the end of February and I won't be getting the game until Monday now which is cool.

So much for a replacement.....goddamnit lol

#255 Fat Pigeon 007   Cheap Ass Pigeon CAGiversary!   265 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Fat Pigeon 007

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:43 PM

does anyone know if the preorder dlc, "receive two bonus weapons: Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine's signature Samurai Edge handguns", is included here at Best Buy? thanks

#256 joek   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   68 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:54 PM

Plot twist. Steelbook just shipped for me, hopefully it's in a bubble mailer.

#257 Silver Phoenix   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   247 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Silver Phoenix

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:59 PM

does anyone know if the preorder dlc, "receive two bonus weapons: Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine's signature Samurai Edge handguns", is included here at Best Buy? thanks

It is a pre-order bonus only and is emailed or if pre-ordered in store will be on the receipt probably.

I was not happy because my Deluxe Edition had a mark on the back of the box so I took it to BB to pick up my steelbook and get it exchanged. They only had one deluxe copy that wasn't reserved and even that copy had a small dent mark on the front of the box. This shit really annoys me when the cover is reversible and affects both sides. 

I got a steelbook in the mail as well, and the one they had one hold for me at the store had a big ass sticker on it and was perfect except for a vertical mark on the back that showed silver instead of black. I had them give me the only other steelbook they had instead since all the others were on hold.

I'm probably going to sell the two steelbooks along with the Deluxe DLC code. 

#258 Silver Phoenix   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   247 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Silver Phoenix

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:01 PM

Plot twist. Steelbook just shipped for me, hopefully it's in a bubble mailer.

Mine was in a filthy box which looked like it had sap or syrup on the top which pissed me off. Luckily it was fine inside and there was air pillows over it unlike my deluxe edition which was on top of the air pillows. 

The odd thing is that the game was shipped via UPS and the steelbook was sent via regular mail.

#259 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   409 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:04 PM

It is a pre-order bonus only and is emailed or if pre-ordered in store will be on the receipt probably.

I was not happy because my Deluxe Edition had a mark on the back of the box so I took it to BB to pick up my steelbook and get it exchanged. They only had one deluxe copy that wasn't reserved and even that copy had a small dent mark on the front of the box. This shit really annoys me when the cover is reversible and affects both sides. 

I got a steelbook in the mail as well, and the one they had one hold for me at the store had a big ass sticker on it and was perfect except for a vertical mark on the back that showed silver instead of black. I had them give me the only other steelbook they had instead since all the others were on hold.

I have yet to receive my code from Best Buy. hoping it triggers once the game is delivered here in the next hour or so for me.

#260 omegafox84  

omegafox84

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:31 PM

I buy from a seller on eBay that sells authentic new Sony PS4 replacement game cases.  I can PM you their store if you want.  

i actually just got an email saying the steelbook has shipped (was delayed at first). yes, please send me a PM with the link though. i might need some extra cases at another time.

#261 gepet0   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1378 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:35 PM

The day the original resident evil 2 was released there was a mix up at EB, They didn't get there shipment.  The manager had to drive all the way to fed ex to get the games and the issue sorted out.  When he arrived back there was about 60 pissed people waiting. He was looking like Santa Clause with a sack and screamed "Let there be EVil "  His name was Chris.   

it is amazing how they get you to pay for the same game over and over.  LOL  It was a classic.   

#262 BreadNiblets   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1300 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

BreadNiblets

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:48 PM

Incidentally, this game is damn near perfect.

#263 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14849 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:55 PM

Does anyone have a link to the product on the website so I can check local inventory? Thanks.

#264 shadowassailantx   Trophy Hunter CAGiversary!   132 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

shadowassailantx

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:57 PM

Mine arrived early today. The game came in a bubble mailer but the steel book came in a box with air packets. They were both in perfect condition. After getting some badly dented steel books through the mail in the past I'm glad Best Buy has revised their shipping methods

#265 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3744 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:01 PM

I'd be interested in one of the Steelbooks if the condition is better than mine.

#266 Loose Rattled Gamer   Banned Banned   609 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:05 PM

Incidentally, this game is damn near perfect.

and so were my steelbooks.   Minty awesome.  :beer:

#267 Loose Rattled Gamer   Banned Banned   609 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:06 PM

Mine arrived early today. The game came in a bubble mailer but the steel book came in a box with air packets. They were both in perfect condition. After getting some badly dented steel books through the mail in the past I'm glad Best Buy has revised their shipping methods

Are you Elite Plus or Pleb ?   mine were in a box.

#268 malfcn   CAGalicious! CAGiversary!   2497 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:37 PM

One tiny dent on mine.
The more annoying thing is the upc sticker on the back.

#269 romito201   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

romito201

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:49 PM

Yeah 

One tiny dent on mine.
The more annoying thing is the upc sticker on the back.

Yeach had to use goo gone one mine

#270 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2749 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:56 PM

"Let there be EVil " 

Thanks perfect.