Fractured But Whole $14.99@ Gamestop

Lol.., I don’t know what happened but I just got this game for $4.58 on the switch. I called bby to post pm, I bought this for $24 on Sunday and she refunded almost $20.

Gold Edition is also on sale for PS4 and Xbox One ($19.99):

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/south-park-the-fractured-but-whole-steelbook-gold-edition/131586

https://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/south-park-the-fractured-but-whole-steelbook-gold-edition/131585

If someone grabs the Xbox One version and doesn't need the season pass; I have some Xbox Credit/iTunes/Amazon GC I'll trade for it.
Thanks for the heads up, picked up the Gold Edition since it comes with both South Park Games. 20 bucks for both is a solid price

I really have no need to buy this for the Switch...

Sigh....

Thanks for the heads up, picked up the Gold Edition since it comes with both South Park Games. 20 bucks for both is a solid price
That's an awesome deal! I never did play The Stick of Truth and this also comes with all the DLC. I'm getting it. I price matched at BB to make sure I got a sealed game. The PM process was so easy and quick. Free shipping too. The OP should update this by including the Gold Steelbook edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Already have the game (with The Stick of Truth included), but I'm tempted to price match the gold edition to Best Buy for the steelbook and season pass since it's less than buying the season pass digitally.

And return one?

attachicon.gif
E2A77F9A-2BC3-49E4-B544-BCC7DE43E5DB.gif
nope. i only added two to check for free shipping. then, would have just looked for another game i wanted. didn't they use to offer free shipping after a certain amount? haven't bought anything from GS for shipping in a long time.

Already have the game (with The Stick of Truth included), but I'm tempted to price match the gold edition to Best Buy for the steelbook and season pass since it's less than buying the season pass digitally.
And you can probably sell The Stick of Truth code to someone to lower the cost.

If its anything to note all the first peint games came with a code for Stick of Truth, bit the codes dont work anynore from what I've heard. This may be the same case with the Gold Edition.

Unless someone can clarify.

The stick of truth code works for Xbox but not for PS4. The code was supposed to expire on 1/31/18, whicj is what it says on the code insert.

I verified this with my copy. I bought the gold Xbox one edition yesterday just to get stick of truth and the season pass, now trying to sell the disc + steelbook for $10 since I just wanted cheap digital codes.

I own the standard edition for the x1. Been kinda wanting to check out the dlc and the season pass is pretty much the same price as the Gold edition on sale. Just too bad the stick of truth codes are expired for ps4.

Already beat both games when they came out, but never played any of the DLC and that steelbook is pretty cool. Price matched at BB and in for 1. Thanks!

I bought the steel book edition gamestop "new" last night for ps4 and even though the voucher for stick of truth was expired it still worked when I entered it.

I'm torn. I beat the game on PS4, but haven't played the DLC. I would be bothered by the fact the SoT code on PS4 Gold doesn't work (even though I already have SoT)... but don't want to play through the main game again on X1X.. Decisions decisions.

What are folks thoughts about this game in terms of quality? Discounts are good and all but are these two games actually worth playing?

What are folks thoughts about this game in terms of quality? Discounts are good and all but are these two games actually worth playing?
I've played through both and thought they were fantastic games. If you don't like vulgar/offensive humor... you may want to avoid, though.

They are both actually really good. SoT is made by Obsidian who did Fallout New Vegas, and the 2nd was done by Ubisoft. They look identical to episodes of the show, the humor is hilarious, and they are actually surprisingly deep in terms of RPG elements (different classes and abilities, 2nd one is similar tactics wise to Mario Rabbids on switch)

That's an awesome deal! I never did play The Stick of Truth and this also comes with all the DLC. I'm getting it. I price matched at BB to make sure I got a sealed game. The PM process was so easy and quick. Free shipping too. The OP should update this by including the Gold Steelbook edition.
I did the same thing, but I got it for cheaper since he said that the game with taxes included $18.30.

Btw, I got next day free shipping, but I did order two one ps4 version for me, and a xbox version for my brother.

Thanks for the heads up on the SB editions.  Grabbed X1 and PS4 versions to get free shipping, will decide which one to keep and which one to return later.

Only one GS in my area had the Gold X1 copy and no Best Buys. It was gutted since it was the last copy but the guy gave me 10% off. Codes worked and disc was flawless

I played fractured but whole first and enjoyed it more than the stick of truth.

They're both worth playing if you enjoy South Park and/or Mario style RPGs.

Picked up the "new" PS4 gold edition for $20 at gamestop today. The employee slid the plastic cover off then opened up the steelbook and I said "can I get one that's new and not opened?" he said "ummmm this one is new... wait... yeah it's new" Then I replied "don't you have any other ones that are new?" he then said "no we don't. we usually just put the little plastic seal over them on the side" so I gave it the benefit of the doubt and bought the game.

Checked out the game later and the steelbook is scratched up all over, the plastic sleeve is scuffed up and has sticky residue where stickers were pealed off, and the envelope inside that holds the postcards is almost completely ripped out on one side and looks super rough. The dlc codes are valid (I didn't redeem them thought).

Anyways I got home and had bestbuy.com price match it so I can get an actual NEW copy of the damn game and I'm going to take the one I got from gamestop back. Hopefully they don't give me any crap since it's technically opened but I didn't even open the damn thing my self.

Thank you for the heads up on this. I actually didn't know the gold edition was on sale too until a friend texted me about it tonight. I called up Best Buy and had them PM for stick pick up since I can't go to a store soon, and don't trust them shipping steelbooks.

Picked up the "new" PS4 gold edition for $20 at gamestop today. The employee slid the plastic cover off then opened up the steelbook and I said "can I get one that's new and not opened?" he said "ummmm this one is new... wait... yeah it's new" Then I replied "don't you have any other ones that are new?" he then said "no we don't. we usually just put the little plastic seal over them on the side" so I gave it the benefit of the doubt and bought the game.

Checked out the game later and the steelbook is scratched up all over, the plastic sleeve is scuffed up and has sticky residue where stickers were pealed off, and the envelope inside that holds the postcards is almost completely ripped out on one side and looks super rough. The dlc codes are valid (I didn't redeem them thought).

Anyways I got home and had bestbuy.com price match it so I can get an actual NEW copy of the damn game and I'm going to take the one I got from gamestop back. Hopefully they don't give me any crap since it's technically opened but I didn't even open the damn thing my self.
This is why I hate GS. I trade stuff in there because they give more $$ (most of the time) and use the credit for eShop/Xbox/PSN funds. Rarely buy anything from them... the rumors of them going out of business makes me smile.

Unfortunately, they will give you crap, so go in prepared. As far as their policy goes, as soon as you remove that little seal they put on the side it's considered "opened". Hilarious, right?
thing is they didn't have any little seal on it. the guy opened it glanced inside then slid it back in the plastic slipcover.

PSA:

I just tested a code for The Stick of Truth :ps4: and it still works, so either they were reactivated or they were never deactivated.  The same may be true about the Season Pass code.

PSA:

I just tested a code for The Stick of Truth :ps4: and it still works, so either they were reactivated or they were never deactivated. The same may be true about the Season Pass code.
Season pass code lists an expiration date of 12/31/2099 (or something like that), so there are no worries about that code being expired if it hasn't been used.

Gold Edition is also on sale for PS4 and Xbox One ($19.99):

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/south-park-the-fractured-but-whole-steelbook-gold-edition/131586

https://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/south-park-the-fractured-but-whole-steelbook-gold-edition/131585

If someone grabs the Xbox One version and doesn't need the season pass; I have some Xbox Credit/iTunes/Amazon GC I'll trade for it.
Grabbed the last "new" (gutted) Xbox One copy this evening with a $10 rewards certificate that knocked the price down to $9.99. Great use of rewards points, and it also keeps the employees from blurting out that I have over 10,000 points to everyone in the store.

And, not willing to trade the season pass, but I wish you the best of luck on that endeavor.

My Best Buy order shipped and it says I will get it on Saturday. Thanks again OP and @jones!
I might order an extra copy for shipping. The store I ordered from for pick up is the only one under 50 miles, yet it’s still 25 miles away. I just don’t trust best buy shipping steelbooks.

bread's done
Back