CAGcast #574: A Long Island Original

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang brings in the new year with talk on big holiday movies, next-gen announcements, the Mad Box, and oh so much more!

Download (1 hr 14 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Today's show is brought to you by Hello Fresh! For $80 dollars off your first month of HelloFresh, visit hellofresh.com/cagcast80 and enter cagcast80!

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Deadmau5 - Professional Griefers (MosDam remix)
Outro - That's A Paddlin' (The Simpsons)

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheaply you’re killing me here. There is no reason to spend money to level up your gear in AC Odyssey. Break down every grey item and half of your blues. Where you are level-wise, you can likely break down every blue. You should be pretty flush with materials pretty quick. If you good on drachme, break down purpled as well. The biggest boost is leveling up your mercenary rank. Once you hit a certain level, the upgrade costs are cut in half. Once you hit level 2 or 3, ship upgrades are cut in half as well. Hitting forts will also net you a ton of resources. Wombat is making a huge mistake if he’s not holding onto good purples. I’ve found some with really good stats 10 levels ago that are still better than anything I’ve come across (% all damage and % adrenaline on hit can be hard to find with other good stats).

Also, Wombat is crazy if he doesn’t think Jason Momoa didn’t carry Aquaman. He’s super charismatic and that’s coming from a 50 year old man, his wife, his 18 year old son and 16 year old daughter as well as everyone else I’ve talked to.

Wombat, in AC: Odyssey you can change the look of your armor to look like other armor you've found.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, there is a transmog system so you can keep the stats and get your favorite look. Best part is there is no cost!

That guy logging in for the first time in ten years to post in last week's thread got me thinking about how long I've been listening to you guys. I don't remember when the show started, but I've been here for almost 16 years, and been listening to the show since the beginning. I was 16 or 17 then, those were some of the best gaming memories too. Wow does time fly. Glad you guys are still doing it, and the show has never been better, which is something you can rarely day for something that goes this long. And glad you guys have been all of our virtual buddies over all of these years, many of us have grown up always having a reliable weekly check-in from our estranged gaming friends.

Cheaply you’re killing me here. There is no reason to spend money to level up your gear in AC Odyssey. Break down every grey item and half of your blues. Where you are level-wise, you can likely break down every blue. You should be pretty flush with materials pretty quick. If you good on drachme, break down purpled as well. The biggest boost is leveling up your mercenary rank. Once you hit a certain level, the upgrade costs are cut in half. Once you hit level 2 or 3, ship upgrades are cut in half as well. Hitting forts will also net you a ton of resources. Wombat is making a huge mistake if he’s not holding onto good purples. I’ve found some with really good stats 10 levels ago that are still better than anything I’ve come across (% all damage and % adrenaline on hit can be hard to find with other good stats).
Also, Wombat is crazy if he doesn’t think Jason Momoa didn’t carry Aquaman. He’s super charismatic and that’s coming from a 50 year old man, his wife, his 18 year old son and 16 year old daughter as well as everyone else I’ve talked to.
I break down all my extra weapons and armor but I still find myself short, especially with leather.

I was pretty disappointed right away with this week's episode when there was no shipwreck (my fav)

then you guys made a biodome and encino man reference in one fel swoop

Made my night even after working two 24's in a row.

To Wombat, there is an ironman game coming out on Feb, 22.  It's coming from Bioware, guess what's the title!

I've put 115 hours or so into AC Odyssey and think it's a fantastic game. Getting to your point about parts of the world that are higher than your current level. As you level up, so does the world. so if you never venture to Lesbos until you are level 40, that island will have also leveled up from the 28 it started at to 39 or 40 to match your level. 

You have to hunt, sell unused weapons, and here's the secret, purchase raw materials from the merchants. I never buy weapons from merchants, just upgrade, engrave, and buy raw materials. I have over $800K, and never have issues with materials. Now, if you are killing mercenaries, you also improve your status and get discounts on upgrading, purchases and engraving, so kill those suckers out in the wild.

I have over 65 hours in AC odyssey and am around level 65. I had zero problem with the time that it takes to level or the amount of materials. You hit level 6o right about the time you finish the main storyline. Its timed perfectly. Just shoot most of the animals you see while running around and dust everything that's not a legendary. Awesome game.

bread's done
Back