- - - - -

Best Buy Ad 1/13-1/19

#61 dabomb1991  

dabomb1991

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:14 AM

Why have you returned 2? Seems very strange.

That's an easy answer.  Me and one of my friends have GCU.  We only need 4 of the 6 allotted copies of any game that we need.  This time we got 2 extra copies of cod:blops 4 for whatever weird reason that we needed (I don't remember).  So one of us returned 2 copies that weren't actually needed.

#62 lemonfreshviper   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

lemonfreshviper

Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:11 AM

My GC expires on the 22nd so I'm fine with anyone else using it if they need to. I'm wondering if I shouldn't move my copy of RE2 deluxe to shipping rather than store pickup though, just in case. 

#63 mike568   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   394 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:15 AM

My GC expires on the 22nd so I'm fine with anyone else using it if they need to. I'm wondering if I shouldn't move my copy of RE2 deluxe to shipping rather than store pickup though, just in case.

Shipping or In Store Pickup still give the GCU if you preorder before it expires. In store preorders where you make payment in store won’t have GCU since it’s not finalized until pickup. Just make sure your credit/debit card doesn’t get compromised or declined after GCU expires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#64 7String   Adam Howard CAG Veteran   205 Posts   Joined 0.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2019 - 12:39 PM

In regards to pre orders I still can’t seem to find far off dates (like I saw a few guys pre order titles over a year away)....how do you pre order distant titles

how do you locate or pre order titles like that or that are TBD??

#65 BadWaluigi=Luigi  

BadWaluigi=Luigi

Posted 14 January 2019 - 01:28 PM

BB has become just another ad I skim past. Sad days.

#66 Sgt Barone   CAG since 2008 CAGiversary!   2029 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Sgt Barone

Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:31 PM

Finally jumped on Spyro (XB1). With GCU and a $10 rewards cert it came to $14.

#67 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   809 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2019 - 03:13 PM

I seem to recall reports of Best Buy nullifying entire reward accounts based solely on GCU abuse, so be careful if you intend to keep shopping there after your GCU expires.

#68 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12290 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 14 January 2019 - 04:43 PM

I got the Spyro crash combo pack for Christmas and I’m digging both so far. The only problem with crash is that the original game physics werent duplicates so some levels like “road crash” in warped are harder than they were in the original. Some frustrating moments to be had lol

#69 lemonfreshviper   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

lemonfreshviper

Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:17 PM

Shipping or In Store Pickup still give the GCU if you preorder before it expires. In store preorders where you make payment in store won’t have GCU since it’s not finalized until pickup. Just make sure your credit/debit card doesn’t get compromised or declined after GCU expires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome! Thanks for the clarification on that.

And thanks for the warning, Hauz20. I'll miss it when it's gone but I'd miss the account even more if it got locked out; I've had it since the program started. 

#70 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2238 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:03 PM

In regards to pre orders I still can’t seem to find far off dates (like I saw a few guys pre order titles over a year away)....how do you pre order distant titles

how do you locate or pre order titles like that or that are TBD??

What are you trying to get? There's not really much you can do if there is no listing yet.

#71 hauz20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   809 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:52 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the clarification on that.

And thanks for the warning, Hauz20. I'll miss it when it's gone but I'd miss the account even more if it got locked out; I've had it since the program started.

You bet. It was a thread here on CAG where I read it. Maybe the one regarding GCU being retired, but I can't quite remember. Better safe than sorry, eh?

#72 PsychoNinja1994  

PsychoNinja1994

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:10 AM

So I preordered KH3 back in Oct before my GCU expired and my order doesn't mention the $10 reward cert and the keychain preorder bonuses. Will I still get the preorder bonuses or would I have to cancel and order again and miss out on the GCU discount.

#73 mike568   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   394 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:09 AM

So I preordered KH3 back in Oct before my GCU expired and my order doesn't mention the $10 reward cert and the keychain preorder bonuses. Will I still get the preorder bonuses or would I have to cancel and order again and miss out on the GCU discount.

You will get the preorder $10 reward certicate. The key chain you will have either call or post on Best Buy's forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#74 lemonfreshviper   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

lemonfreshviper

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:14 AM

Does anyone know if the 25% off coupons for GC ending are still going out? I never got one; I know they were supposed to expire in February so I'm wondering if I shouldn't call their help line to ask about it.

#75 PsychoNinja1994  

PsychoNinja1994

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:37 AM

You will get the preorder $10 reward certicate. The key chain you will have either call or post on Best Buy's forum.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Alright awesome. Appreciate the info. Don't know if I care too much to get the keychain as much as the $10.

#76 OmniscientlyMe   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

OmniscientlyMe

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:31 PM

Does anyone know if the 25% off coupons for GC ending are still going out? I never got one; I know they were supposed to expire in February so I'm wondering if I shouldn't call their help line to ask about it.

I got mine a few days before my expiration, just a couple weeks ago.

#77 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1270 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:31 PM

@tyrok, did your store get Star Fox 64 3D yet?

#78 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2238 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:07 PM

Not yet.

#79 dragonx   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:25 AM

Resident Evil 4, 5 and 6 for PS4 @ 14.99.

#80 lemonfreshviper   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

lemonfreshviper

Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:03 AM

Resident Evil 4, 5 and 6 for PS4 @ 14.99.

Awesome! $12 each with the last days of my GC isn't bad at all.

I got mine a few days before my expiration, just a couple weeks ago.

Weirdly, I just got mine an hour ago. Glad I didn't have to nag anyone about it! Expires in July so there's plenty of time for me to find something to buy with it; would do RE2 deluxe but it's already paid for thanks to gift cards.

#81 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2394 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:10 PM

So they send that 25% code out right at the end of your GCU sub? I have a month left.. trying to decide what i want to use it one when it comes. (Stack it with GCU preferably)

#82 EYEL1NER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2011 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:45 PM

Be warned that the link in the email that leads to the coupon expires pretty quick. I got my email in November I think, which is when my GCU expired, and the link to the coupon leads nowhere now. I was gonna use it on Ace Combat 7 too (good thing I had a ton of Amazon Reward points and could still get in on release-date delivery with them). I checked the Best Buy forums and saw BB CS reps answering questions about lost coupons saying "It may not expire for a while but you had to activate it by a certain time or the link would expire. Unfortunately we cannot reactivate that link." I did see them tell one recent guy to message them his account info for review and then that same guy posted later saying thanks for resolving his problem. So maybe they are still getting people different replacement coupons or crediting their account after a purchase or something? Still dumb though, because the fine print says nothing about "This link expires in two months, so use it quick."
I'm gonna have to get a hold of them soon over it though.

#83 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17260 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:37 AM

So no physical copies of Ace Combat 7: Deluxe Edition at Best Buy?

#84 EYEL1NER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2011 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:09 AM

So no physical copies of Ace Combat 7: Deluxe Edition at Best Buy?

No physical Deluxe Edition anywhere in NA. Best you can do above the vanilla version is the exclusive Strangreal (sp?) Edition at the Namco Bandai store, which has a steelbook and artbook for like $89.99 I think, but no season pass or other deluxe edition stuff comes with it.

#85 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17260 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:19 AM

No physical Deluxe Edition anywhere in NA. Best you can do above the vanilla version is the exclusive Strangreal (sp?) Edition at the Namco Bandai store, which has a steelbook and artbook for like $89.99 I think, but no season pass or other deluxe edition stuff comes with it.

Wow OK..... Thanks :(

#86 srac84  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 03:05 AM

btw for those who don't know the gcu expiry coupon stacks witht he gcu price as long as your gcu is still valid didnt know that before so i missed out :) but turns out you can use it before your gcu expires so double discount :D

#87 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   687 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 17 January 2019 - 04:01 AM

Be warned that the link in the email that leads to the coupon expires pretty quick. I got my email in November I think, which is when my GCU expired, and the link to the coupon leads nowhere now. I was gonna use it on Ace Combat 7 too (good thing I had a ton of Amazon Reward points and could still get in on release-date delivery with them). I checked the Best Buy forums and saw BB CS reps answering questions about lost coupons saying "It may not expire for a while but you had to activate it by a certain time or the link would expire. Unfortunately we cannot reactivate that link." I did see them tell one recent guy to message them his account info for review and then that same guy posted later saying thanks for resolving his problem. So maybe they are still getting people different replacement coupons or crediting their account after a purchase or something? Still dumb though, because the fine print says nothing about "This link expires in two months, so use it quick."
I'm gonna have to get a hold of them soon over it though.

Jesus christ. Just checked mine from October (expires in May) and the link is dead.

#88 EYEL1NER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2011 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 11:31 AM

Jesus christ. Just checked mine from October (expires in May) and the link is dead.

From what I've seen on the Best Buy community forums, they might be handling it and hooking people up there. The people who have created threads there about it have all said that the reps over the phone have been useless regarding getting these coupons sent back out though, so keep that in mind for when you try to get it reactivated. I think I'll hit them up on the forums tomorrow about mine.

#89 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2394 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 17 January 2019 - 03:36 PM

So if my GCU expires next month.. can you still pre-order something now for something in april and still keep the discount on it?
Been looking for the past few weeks and theres really nothing coming out till april i want.

#90 Dr0p119   Chief Red Thunder CAGiversary!   1420 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 04:23 PM

Yeah pay in full