- - - - -

2019 Yard Sale / Flea Market Finds

#1 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10633 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2019 - 05:56 AM

Let's see those finds!

Even up here in the chilly PNW I still see the occasional estate sale in the winter So many Friday yard sales around here in the spring and summer, the season usually starts at the beginning on March

Also thrifting...wish there were more stores around here besides Goodwills. 

#2 Vadid Nanko  

Vadid Nanko

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:03 AM

Shocked to beat out others to a garage sale that mentioned video games. They didn't have much but I walked away with Minecraft, Grand Theft Auto V, and Forza V  for the Xbox One for $4 each. I also had Forza 6 but decided to let it go to a boy and his parents, who scooped up the Call of Duty Infinite Warfare and Zumba I left behind. The boy seemed so happy to get the two games he already had in his hand I just had to give him another to make up for the fact that he probably wouldn't be able to play, or like, Zumba. No loss as I already owned Forza 6 and just wanted it for trade bait.

Forgot to mention! The big find was getting a Wii U copy of Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for $3 (complete?)!

#3 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1064 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:51 PM

I gotta start checking for yard/garage sales in my area this year. It's been at least two of three years since my mom and I went to one nearby. I want to start going to the flea market at the fairgrounds (open every weekend) and indoor flea markets as well.

#4 mchittumjr  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 03:40 PM

Yard sales won't start for another 1 1/2 - 2 months, but after months of no good FB/Craigslist pickups I got these 2 for $15. They had black marker on them, but I got most of it off. 

20190128_211722.jpg

#5 pyoobez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1865 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:39 PM

Historical rummage sale today. Picked up a 20" HP monitor for $10 with cords. One of the volunteers said it worked, her husband just wanted a bigger one. I have a 22" but my spares are always 4:3 ones I get for $2-$5.

#6 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   4970 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:59 PM

There is soneone selling a decent lot of games/ system on Facebook marketplace, looks to be about 350 dollars of stuff and they are asking for 150, do I pay the 150 or offer 140? I don’t really do these sorts of deals much and will unload most of the games on eBay and just keep the system and a couple games

#7 genesis49  

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:00 PM

There is soneone selling a decent lot of games/ system on Facebook marketplace, looks to be about 350 dollars of stuff and they are asking for 150, do I pay the 150 or offer 140? I don’t really do these sorts of deals much and will unload most of the games on eBay and just keep the system and a couple games

If they're still available, is it worth losing the deal for $10? The Facebook marketplace is less negotiable in my experience, and you have to move fast if you want it

#8 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10633 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2019 - 06:44 PM

If they're still available, is it worth losing the deal for $10? The Facebook marketplace is less negotiable in my experience, and you have to move fast if you want it

I was gonna say the same thing, just go for it

#9 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   4970 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:27 PM

It was already gone by the time they got back to me

#10 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:49 AM

It was already gone by the time they got back to me

Perfect. Hopefully it went to someone who would actually play the games instead of using it for eBay fodder like you did.

#11 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   4970 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2019 - 12:49 PM

Not sure where to post this, a Facebook marketplace seller in Staten Island is selling a lot of cheap bundles, I’d buy them all if I lived closer but it would take 2 hours for me to get out there and 2 to get back

Maybe one of you live in Staten Island, Brooklyn or Jersey and can take some of these deals:

3ds bundle with system, charger and 4 first party complete games for 40$

Ps2 bundle with system, cords and 22 games for 80$

PS3 bundle for 150$

It looks like spring cleaning or maybe they are moving and unloading their stuff to get rid of it.

#12 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 16 March 2019 - 02:28 AM

Got this for $3 today as yard sale season starts in earnest here this weekend. It’s from the early 80s and still sealed!E0E92056-57CB-43CB-8E0C-DC44A2C15222.jpeg

#13 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   383 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2019 - 03:57 PM

Went out yard saling for the first time this season and had a little luck! I thought I had a good lead, but that turned out to be a bust so I hit up a flea market instead and found everything in the first picture for $27. The gray slab is a pretty beat up New Nintendo 3DS XL. The R button assembly needs to be replaced, so I'm gonna try do that and gift it to a friend. The next pic was a random sale I stopped at and got everything there for $5. The last pic was from a weird one; basically someone posted an ad saying they had bought a house full of junk and that folks were free to come by and take whatever they wanted to help clean it out. I saved it for last because it sounded like a trap and super sketchy, but when I arrived it looked safe enough. I scooped up the stuff in the last picture (I grabbed the cassette tape holders for my Sega games) but I wish I stopped by earlier because I noticed someone else there with a bag of Gamecube games and some movies. Still, not bad for free.

BYwuHPH.jpg

ofI8VK7.jpg

mQATcqQ.jpg