- - - - -

2019 Yard Sale / Flea Market Finds

#1 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10745 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2019 - 05:56 AM

Let's see those finds!

Even up here in the chilly PNW I still see the occasional estate sale in the winter So many Friday yard sales around here in the spring and summer, the season usually starts at the beginning on March

Also thrifting...wish there were more stores around here besides Goodwills. 

#2 Vadid Nanko  

Vadid Nanko

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:03 AM

Shocked to beat out others to a garage sale that mentioned video games. They didn't have much but I walked away with Minecraft, Grand Theft Auto V, and Forza V  for the Xbox One for $4 each. I also had Forza 6 but decided to let it go to a boy and his parents, who scooped up the Call of Duty Infinite Warfare and Zumba I left behind. The boy seemed so happy to get the two games he already had in his hand I just had to give him another to make up for the fact that he probably wouldn't be able to play, or like, Zumba. No loss as I already owned Forza 6 and just wanted it for trade bait.

Forgot to mention! The big find was getting a Wii U copy of Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for $3 (complete?)!

#3 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1231 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:51 PM

I gotta start checking for yard/garage sales in my area this year. It's been at least two of three years since my mom and I went to one nearby. I want to start going to the flea market at the fairgrounds (open every weekend) and indoor flea markets as well.

#4 mchittumjr  

Posted 29 January 2019 - 03:40 PM

Yard sales won't start for another 1 1/2 - 2 months, but after months of no good FB/Craigslist pickups I got these 2 for $15. They had black marker on them, but I got most of it off. 

20190128_211722.jpg

#5 pyoobez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1881 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:39 PM

Historical rummage sale today. Picked up a 20" HP monitor for $10 with cords. One of the volunteers said it worked, her husband just wanted a bigger one. I have a 22" but my spares are always 4:3 ones I get for $2-$5.

#6 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   5029 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:59 PM

There is soneone selling a decent lot of games/ system on Facebook marketplace, looks to be about 350 dollars of stuff and they are asking for 150, do I pay the 150 or offer 140? I don’t really do these sorts of deals much and will unload most of the games on eBay and just keep the system and a couple games

#7 genesis49  

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:00 PM

There is soneone selling a decent lot of games/ system on Facebook marketplace, looks to be about 350 dollars of stuff and they are asking for 150, do I pay the 150 or offer 140? I don’t really do these sorts of deals much and will unload most of the games on eBay and just keep the system and a couple games

If they're still available, is it worth losing the deal for $10? The Facebook marketplace is less negotiable in my experience, and you have to move fast if you want it

#8 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10745 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2019 - 06:44 PM

If they're still available, is it worth losing the deal for $10? The Facebook marketplace is less negotiable in my experience, and you have to move fast if you want it

I was gonna say the same thing, just go for it

#9 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   5029 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:27 PM

It was already gone by the time they got back to me

#10 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:49 AM

It was already gone by the time they got back to me

Perfect. Hopefully it went to someone who would actually play the games instead of using it for eBay fodder like you did.

#11 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   5029 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2019 - 12:49 PM

Not sure where to post this, a Facebook marketplace seller in Staten Island is selling a lot of cheap bundles, I’d buy them all if I lived closer but it would take 2 hours for me to get out there and 2 to get back

Maybe one of you live in Staten Island, Brooklyn or Jersey and can take some of these deals:

3ds bundle with system, charger and 4 first party complete games for 40$

Ps2 bundle with system, cords and 22 games for 80$

PS3 bundle for 150$

It looks like spring cleaning or maybe they are moving and unloading their stuff to get rid of it.

#12 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 16 March 2019 - 02:28 AM

Got this for $3 today as yard sale season starts in earnest here this weekend. It’s from the early 80s and still sealed!E0E92056-57CB-43CB-8E0C-DC44A2C15222.jpeg

#13 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2019 - 03:57 PM

Went out yard saling for the first time this season and had a little luck! I thought I had a good lead, but that turned out to be a bust so I hit up a flea market instead and found everything in the first picture for $27. The gray slab is a pretty beat up New Nintendo 3DS XL. The R button assembly needs to be replaced, so I'm gonna try do that and gift it to a friend. The next pic was a random sale I stopped at and got everything there for $5. The last pic was from a weird one; basically someone posted an ad saying they had bought a house full of junk and that folks were free to come by and take whatever they wanted to help clean it out. I saved it for last because it sounded like a trap and super sketchy, but when I arrived it looked safe enough. I scooped up the stuff in the last picture (I grabbed the cassette tape holders for my Sega games) but I wish I stopped by earlier because I noticed someone else there with a bag of Gamecube games and some movies. Still, not bad for free.

BYwuHPH.jpg

ofI8VK7.jpg

mQATcqQ.jpg

#14 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2019 - 12:28 PM

First weekend with community sales here around Baltimore and I did pretty well for myself. First pic below is from Saturday. Sonic Mania Plus was $2, the Pokemon manga collection was $20, and as far as non-games go I got some clothes and a Pikachu costume for the kiddo, some Bond posters for my cinephile friends, and some assorted knick-knacks. Second pic is from Sunday, and I grabbed everything in the pics for $17. 

6BtTSyE.jpg

6KcsehH.jpg

#15 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2250 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 09 April 2019 - 03:51 PM

Yesterday for 2 dollars a pop:

Final fantasy tactics war of the lions
Final fantasy dissidia psp
Final fantasy ix
Peggle DS (inside of a Pokémon heart gold case...)
Dead or alive 4
Last remnant

On another note I want to upgrade my CRT in my game room to a 27-36 inch, and have found that these have become increasingly difficult to get, even in the last 3 years since I last bought one. Goodwill savers etc no longer sell them. Any tips? Would love a later years trinitron like the kv-32fv310 or the kv-32fs320

#16 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1356 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 14 April 2019 - 10:35 PM

First time going out this year.......saw some disc only Wii and PS3 games, nothing worth even offering on. It should pick up soon.

#17 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:01 AM

Was almost tempted by some bait sales advertising games a little further out, but I decided to stay closer to home for some small multi-family sales. I'm glad I did, because I had some really decent finds. Grabbed a couple of boxes with PS1 hardware, PS2 hardware, and a bunch of PS1 games for $32. The XBox and PS2 games came from a later sidewalk sale for some local businesses, and they were $17 total.

0Y72w1u.jpg

XeL0hKD.jpg

LfISWix.jpg

#18 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10745 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2019 - 08:45 PM

Nothing too exciting so far. A few random Wii and Og Xbox games on the cheap at yard sales the last few weeks. Left Wiis and PS2, they were cheap but I have multiples of each.

Did find a little RCA mp3 player that was nice.

Found a nice little Mario Trunk at a yard sale close to my house.

https://photos.app.g...8FJ2qQ1hUJZys98

#19 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2019 - 08:41 PM

Another really good week. There was a little neighborhood sale that's been pretty good to me in the past, though someone involved had posted about it on craigslist touting lots of NES games. I had a feeling those were gonna be popular and potentially a little pricey (I had talked to the seller last time this sale happened), so I got there a little early to scope things out. Someone was already rooting through them, so I hit the other sellers. I spotted some Gamecube games and snatched them up, and then the seller mentioned some other games he forgot to bring out. He came back with a case of N64 games and some Genesis games, plus I spotted a GameBoy Color as well. Total for the Gamecube games, N64 games + case, and GameBoy Color was $60. Turned around and checked another table and scored the PS2 games for $15. Really happy to add some of these to my collection and spread the rest around to my friends.

Epilogue: I checked on the NES games after I bought everything else and the games were pretty much priced according to eBay. Definitely got the better deal!

XH1DzMF.jpg

llAnGVz.jpg

#20 Rotondo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   110 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:57 PM

Another really good week. There was a little neighborhood sale that's been pretty good to me in the past, though someone involved had posted about it on craigslist touting lots of NES games. I had a feeling those were gonna be popular and potentially a little pricey (I had talked to the seller last time this sale happened), so I got there a little early to scope things out. Someone was already rooting through them, so I hit the other sellers. I spotted some Gamecube games and snatched them up, and then the seller mentioned some other games he forgot to bring out. He came back with a case of N64 games and some Genesis games, plus I spotted a GameBoy Color as well. Total for the Gamecube games, N64 games + case, and GameBoy Color was $60. Turned around and checked another table and scored the PS2 games for $15. Really happy to add some of these to my collection and spread the rest around to my friends.

Epilogue: I checked on the NES games after I bought everything else and the games were pretty much priced according to eBay. Definitely got the better deal!

I think my favorite part of your haul is the N64 "end labels" made most likely by a kid. Even they were like "Man why do these not have end labels" lol.

Haven't found too much at the flea market, I did find this Shockwave G1 Transformer for 5 bucks though.

wTT4bwi.jpg

The amount of electronics in this guy is amazing, doubt they'd get away with as many exposed wires these days though lol..

Got him to work after a bit of messing about,  https://streamable.com/vt85u

#21 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10745 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:30 AM

XH1DzMF.jpg

llAnGVz.jpg

Nice Haul, Ive never played Sunshine, I do need to play the remastered RE1 someday

#22 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2019 - 12:57 PM

I think my favorite part of your haul is the N64 "end labels" made most likely by a kid. Even they were like "Man why do these not have end labels" lol.

Haven't found too much at the flea market, I did find this Shockwave G1 Transformer for 5 bucks though.

The amount of electronics in this guy is amazing, doubt they'd get away with as many exposed wires these days though lol..

Got him to work after a bit of messing about,  https://streamable.com/vt85u

I managed to get most of the marker off with some magic eraser, but it reminded me that I need to pick up some of those custom top label stickers for my N64 games.

#23 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2145 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 April 2019 - 03:34 PM

Apparently I have to post here to track this thread.  The search function sucks (keeps reverting to "search option, products") and "follow this thread" didn't work.

Haven't hit a sale yet this year, weather just reached manageable levels to allow them.  My job moved to a new city so I have to commute, almost prefer to sleep in on Saturdays.  

Looks like people are actually starting to find games at sales again.  That's a good sign.

#24 mchittumjr  

Posted 29 April 2019 - 04:27 PM

Been a bad start to the year for me. Been going to sales for the last month and only picked up a few PS1 games for $2 each and a Wii with boxed controller and nunchuck for $15. Showed up to a community sale half an hour early on Saturday to be told I was the 3rd or 4th person here asking for games this morning. Another sale had a guy looking at games then another guy(without even looking at the games) asked the seller how much he would sell all the games for right now. I quickly left there. Seems like a lot more people looking for games this year.

#25 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:51 PM

Had another good weekend. First sale already had a guy looking for games there; he got some PS2 stuff but I scooped up some PS1 games for 50 cents each. Next sale turned out to be a divorce sale, which was a little weird, but I got all of the Wii and DS stuff in the pic below for $20 so I can't complain. Last video game find was the PS3 and controller for free when I asked about games, and the guy just told me to take them since he wasn't sure it worked. Cleaned it up a little bit and plugged it in, it works perfectly and even has a copy of MineCraft inside!

None-game finds: The stuff in the second pic was a total of $2 (most of it was free). That stuff will mostly be presents for friends and raffle prizes for a movie night I help out with, but that pumpkin is all mine.

M919Iaw.jpg

ZOXn6d9.jpg

#26 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2019 - 03:23 PM

More yard sale hotness! Hit up a nearby sale advertising games, but they were priced a little high so I just grabbed the The Immortal and Croc for $7. Then I went with a friend to a community sale about 20 minutes away, but I didn't expect much because the first house I went to mentioned someone already asked about games. They must have been sloppy or dipped out early, because I found a bunch of stuff! N64 lot was $60, the Wii U games were $5 apiece, and the lot of DS and Wii stuff was $20.

sFqPnHr.jpg

rWFZdfv.jpg

#27 Mirpkered   Dyslexic GAC CAGiversary!   1385 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:43 PM

Mike_TV!!! I need that Super Princess Peach. Nice find on the spongebob gbasp

#28 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   427 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 May 2019 - 05:19 PM

Sorry dude! It was actually only the game and manual (it was free so I figured I'd grab it), and I already sent it to a buddy of mine that wanted to complete his cartridge only version.

#29 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:23 PM

Why'd you pay so much for Immortal? It's worthless.

#30 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2145 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2019 - 02:45 AM

Some people buy games to play.