- - - - -

2019 Yard Sale / Flea Market Finds

#121 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10727 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2019 - 04:20 AM

Nothing too exciting an OG xbox with 2 controllers and hookups for $10. It has a manufacturing date of 2005

Also snagged RDR2 for Ps4 for $20

Passed on a $50 120gb PS3 with 1 six-axis controller and a $75 with garbage games

#122 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   422 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2019 - 04:20 PM

Went out to a sale this past weekend and unfortunately I was beat there by a guy who had apparently contacted the seller and knew there were games. Full disclosure: I did, too, but I didn't know exactly what would be there. Anyway, the guy got a bunch of really great stuff: first party NES games, first party GCN games, Silent Hill games for PS2, and more. I picked up the stuff he didn't grab or missed for $60. It's not a bad haul, but I would have liked to grab the rest for sure.

L7qBpXQ.jpg

GrkQnme.jpg

IiDZvEY.jpg

#123 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   556 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 06 August 2019 - 10:27 PM

great finds. Space Ghost's Musical Bar-B-Que is a classic. My family and I are always quoting that CD and Surf and Turf.

#124 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2139 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2019 - 12:48 AM

It was all worth it for Rammstein!

Also, interesting way to eat a corndog.

#125 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   422 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2019 - 02:03 PM

Yeah, I was probably more excited about the CDs! Space Ghost C2C was a really influential show for me growing up.

#126 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   422 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:01 PM

I was up in Philly visiting the in-laws this weekend and went out yard saling while the grandparents were watching the kiddo. Stopped by a few sales but was a bit off my game since it's not my usual stomping ground. Most of the finds came from the first sale where it was a couple clearing out a house full of junk. Got the consoles, controllers, and OG XBox games for $65. The rest of the stuff in the second pic came from various other sales and were about $11. At the last sale I went to I got there a few minutes late and missed some JRPGs that would have been a nice addition to my collection, so I'm a little sore about that.

vUMkpGV.jpg

BxTBu1G.jpg

This last pic is from a Facebook pickup that I arranged during yard sale hours, so I'm counting it. There's some nice stuff to fill out some holes in my collection, and it was only $10. 

fA2DaSc.jpg

#127 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:35 AM

Yea I was pretty surprised when they brought them out. They said $5 a piece and I said ok. :-P

Last time I got CIB games it was an out of the way sale that actually advertised games, I got there at 10, and they still had all of them — hard to believe now, but this was early 2000s. Turns out what they had was pretty much every SNES RPG with all maps, inserts, etc in mint condition for $5 each. At the time I made about $600 off of them — I know I could easily make $3,000+ with the same games today.

#128 SPS   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   87 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2019 - 06:49 PM

Sorry for no pics this time but I already took a majority of this into GS for trade in, but this is what I found over the last couple of weeks:

XB1:

Deadpool

XBONE controller

sealed Assassin's Creed game

All for like $9

A broken Genesis model 3 (missing switch, and AV cord) and 4 games:

Sonic 3

Sonic Spinball

Sonic Classic Collection

The Jungle Book

All for $20

PS4:

Injustice 2: Legendary Edition $2

Injustice 1: Ultimate Edition $2

Mortal Kombat X $2

Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition $2

Minecraft $2

Lego Ninjago the Movie $1

Lego Incredibles $1

Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 $1

3DS

New Super Mario Bros 2 $1

Lego Batman 3 $1

Lego City Undercover $1

Dreamcast:

Jet Grind Radio $1- Was hiding out in a burnt stack of games

Also got two tall shot glasses from the Hard Rock Cafe Detroit for my co-worker who was looking for them for $6

Like I said I took most of this into GS already for their $5 extra bonus so no pics.

#129 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   422 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:49 PM

Hit up a couple of sales and a flea market around town and found a few things, but not much. Paid $31 and found some decent games to take advantage of the current GameStop promo.

El4oGyx.jpg

#130 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6717 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:55 AM

I've gotten quite a few games recently from yard sales and pawn shops for the Gamestop promo

$30 for this lot

LStmTa3.jpg

$17 for this lot

gEB0flX.jpg?1

$19 for this lot

LuKcoXl.jpg?1

$14 for these

NBpzHOU.jpg

$18 for the games, $2 for the calculator

A8WJPgm.jpg

#131 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6717 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:30 AM

this was a crazy find. all games were $2 each! and the black GBA SP with a couple games was $30

about half of the games got traded in to Gamestop for a decent profit

CfwEQPM.jpg?1

5uhQuKM.jpg

Da4TKZp.jpg

#132 pyoobez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1877 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:51 PM

Stopped at two yard sales. No games, but one had some CDs, some DVDs and two Blus, almost everything was 50 cents a pop.

Primus - The Brown Album

Best of Janis Joplin (for my nephew)

Nirvana - From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah (for my brother)

Only movies I saw that I was interested in I had. Probably should've picked up the copy of The Losers on Blu for that price, but I have it and left it for the next guy.

The second one had girl's clothes out front and said the rest of the stuff inside. I wasn't in the mood for an indoor sale so I left.

#133 SPS   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   87 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:31 PM

I got the following things today:

NES console with 4 controllers, zapper and SMB/DH, SMB3, Dr Mario for $20

Genesis model 2 with Sega CD console (also model 2) and NBA Jam, that the seller says doesn't work for $5

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz sealed for $1

and the following for PSP:

Persona 1 with soundtrack $5

Naruto 3 $2

Jeanne D'Arc $2

#134 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 31 August 2019 - 06:23 PM

I'll show my pick when home. Got a ps1 and 2 different sega genis systems and a box of mystery for 15 bucks. I haven't looked in the box could be more games or system's.

#135 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 01 September 2019 - 11:05 AM

Head's up. Goodwill is doing 50% of everything(atleast in florida where I'm from) today and tomorrow. So next 2 days might be good

#136 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:31 PM

This upcoming Friday and Saturday is an annual road-long yard sale (called the “10-mile yard sale” here) so hopefully I’ll have some sweet finds.

#137 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1329 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 01 September 2019 - 02:25 PM

Head's up. Goodwill is doing 50% of everything(atleast in florida where I'm from) today and tomorrow. So next 2 days might be good

Or they keep the good stuff in the back until Tuesday and just set out crap....I hope youre right though!

#138 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   556 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 08 September 2019 - 05:01 PM

Picked up a "500-in-1" console that looks like a NES for $5. Excellent condition - 2nd controller was still wrapped. There's a decent selection of games on it... The family's been playing lots of Tetris 2.

Also found the following for $1:

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (rental exclusive edition) DVD
Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog DVD (Sealed)
The Ventures - "Walk, Don't Run" CD

#139 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:10 AM

No pics cause lazy but
A glass pokeball coin thingy $4 yard
Mario super show $3. Yard
Metroid prime 1 gamecube $3 goodwill
Ultimate marvel game ds $2 goodwill

#140 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   422 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:10 PM

Went yard saling and flea marketing with some friends on Saturday. Only really found the stuff below, but I had a good time nonetheless. Paid about retail for Dragon Warrior 1+2, but I've really been after it lately. 

gOqYmLJ.jpg

Big find for the weekend, however, came on Sunday. I picked up the lot below from an ad on Nextdoor for $100. It's 66 NES games and there's a good number of them I don't have yet. I was a little late to responding to the ad so I'm surprised I got it, but I'm not complaining.

fbjF4pQ.jpg?1

#141 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:20 PM

All right so got some stuff today

Goodwill .49 cents each

Resident evil 4 wii
Cabelas survival wii
Wii sports
Naruto clash of ninja revolution wii
Namco Museum ps1
Fifa 16 steelbook ps4
Now i put an ad out that I'm buying ds lot's. This guy sold all this for 8 bucks
Metroid prime hunters
3 different versions of nintendogs
Over the hedge
Big brain academy
Zumas revenge
Mario hoops 3vs3
Pokemon ranger

#142 Vadid Nanko  

Vadid Nanko

Posted Yesterday, 02:47 AM

Went yard saling and flea marketing with some friends on Saturday. Only really found the stuff below, but I had a good time nonetheless. Paid about retail for Dragon Warrior 1+2, but I've really been after it lately. 

gOqYmLJ.jpg

Big find for the weekend, however, came on Sunday. I picked up the lot below from an ad on Nextdoor for $100. It's 66 NES games and there's a good number of them I don't have yet. I was a little late to responding to the ad so I'm surprised I got it, but I'm not complaining.

fbjF4pQ.jpg?1

Dragon Warrior III for the win!