- - - - -

2019 Yard Sale / Flea Market Finds

#121 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10846 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2019 - 04:20 AM

Nothing too exciting an OG xbox with 2 controllers and hookups for $10. It has a manufacturing date of 2005

Also snagged RDR2 for Ps4 for $20

Passed on a $50 120gb PS3 with 1 six-axis controller and a $75 with garbage games

#122 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2019 - 04:20 PM

Went out to a sale this past weekend and unfortunately I was beat there by a guy who had apparently contacted the seller and knew there were games. Full disclosure: I did, too, but I didn't know exactly what would be there. Anyway, the guy got a bunch of really great stuff: first party NES games, first party GCN games, Silent Hill games for PS2, and more. I picked up the stuff he didn't grab or missed for $60. It's not a bad haul, but I would have liked to grab the rest for sure.

L7qBpXQ.jpg

GrkQnme.jpg

IiDZvEY.jpg

#123 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   579 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 06 August 2019 - 10:27 PM

great finds. Space Ghost's Musical Bar-B-Que is a classic. My family and I are always quoting that CD and Surf and Turf.

#124 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2154 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2019 - 12:48 AM

It was all worth it for Rammstein!

Also, interesting way to eat a corndog.

#125 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2019 - 02:03 PM

Yeah, I was probably more excited about the CDs! Space Ghost C2C was a really influential show for me growing up.

#126 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:01 PM

I was up in Philly visiting the in-laws this weekend and went out yard saling while the grandparents were watching the kiddo. Stopped by a few sales but was a bit off my game since it's not my usual stomping ground. Most of the finds came from the first sale where it was a couple clearing out a house full of junk. Got the consoles, controllers, and OG XBox games for $65. The rest of the stuff in the second pic came from various other sales and were about $11. At the last sale I went to I got there a few minutes late and missed some JRPGs that would have been a nice addition to my collection, so I'm a little sore about that.

vUMkpGV.jpg

BxTBu1G.jpg

This last pic is from a Facebook pickup that I arranged during yard sale hours, so I'm counting it. There's some nice stuff to fill out some holes in my collection, and it was only $10. 

fA2DaSc.jpg

#127 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:35 AM

Yea I was pretty surprised when they brought them out. They said $5 a piece and I said ok. :-P

Last time I got CIB games it was an out of the way sale that actually advertised games, I got there at 10, and they still had all of them — hard to believe now, but this was early 2000s. Turns out what they had was pretty much every SNES RPG with all maps, inserts, etc in mint condition for $5 each. At the time I made about $600 off of them — I know I could easily make $3,000+ with the same games today.

#128 SPS   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   95 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2019 - 06:49 PM

Sorry for no pics this time but I already took a majority of this into GS for trade in, but this is what I found over the last couple of weeks:

XB1:

Deadpool

XBONE controller

sealed Assassin's Creed game

All for like $9

A broken Genesis model 3 (missing switch, and AV cord) and 4 games:

Sonic 3

Sonic Spinball

Sonic Classic Collection

The Jungle Book

All for $20

PS4:

Injustice 2: Legendary Edition $2

Injustice 1: Ultimate Edition $2

Mortal Kombat X $2

Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition $2

Minecraft $2

Lego Ninjago the Movie $1

Lego Incredibles $1

Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 $1

3DS

New Super Mario Bros 2 $1

Lego Batman 3 $1

Lego City Undercover $1

Dreamcast:

Jet Grind Radio $1- Was hiding out in a burnt stack of games

Also got two tall shot glasses from the Hard Rock Cafe Detroit for my co-worker who was looking for them for $6

Like I said I took most of this into GS already for their $5 extra bonus so no pics.

#129 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:49 PM

Hit up a couple of sales and a flea market around town and found a few things, but not much. Paid $31 and found some decent games to take advantage of the current GameStop promo.

El4oGyx.jpg

#130 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6722 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:55 AM

I've gotten quite a few games recently from yard sales and pawn shops for the Gamestop promo

$30 for this lot

LStmTa3.jpg

$17 for this lot

gEB0flX.jpg?1

$19 for this lot

LuKcoXl.jpg?1

$14 for these

NBpzHOU.jpg

$18 for the games, $2 for the calculator

A8WJPgm.jpg

#131 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6722 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:30 AM

this was a crazy find. all games were $2 each! and the black GBA SP with a couple games was $30

about half of the games got traded in to Gamestop for a decent profit

CfwEQPM.jpg?1

5uhQuKM.jpg

Da4TKZp.jpg

#132 pyoobez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1882 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:51 PM

Stopped at two yard sales. No games, but one had some CDs, some DVDs and two Blus, almost everything was 50 cents a pop.

Primus - The Brown Album

Best of Janis Joplin (for my nephew)

Nirvana - From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah (for my brother)

Only movies I saw that I was interested in I had. Probably should've picked up the copy of The Losers on Blu for that price, but I have it and left it for the next guy.

The second one had girl's clothes out front and said the rest of the stuff inside. I wasn't in the mood for an indoor sale so I left.

#133 SPS   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   95 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:31 PM

I got the following things today:

NES console with 4 controllers, zapper and SMB/DH, SMB3, Dr Mario for $20

Genesis model 2 with Sega CD console (also model 2) and NBA Jam, that the seller says doesn't work for $5

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz sealed for $1

and the following for PSP:

Persona 1 with soundtrack $5

Naruto 3 $2

Jeanne D'Arc $2

#134 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 31 August 2019 - 06:23 PM

I'll show my pick when home. Got a ps1 and 2 different sega genis systems and a box of mystery for 15 bucks. I haven't looked in the box could be more games or system's.

#135 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 01 September 2019 - 11:05 AM

Head's up. Goodwill is doing 50% of everything(atleast in florida where I'm from) today and tomorrow. So next 2 days might be good

#136 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:31 PM

This upcoming Friday and Saturday is an annual road-long yard sale (called the “10-mile yard sale” here) so hopefully I’ll have some sweet finds.

#137 juangrande386   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1411 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

juangrande386

Posted 01 September 2019 - 02:25 PM

Head's up. Goodwill is doing 50% of everything(atleast in florida where I'm from) today and tomorrow. So next 2 days might be good

Or they keep the good stuff in the back until Tuesday and just set out crap....I hope youre right though!

#138 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   579 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 08 September 2019 - 05:01 PM

Picked up a "500-in-1" console that looks like a NES for $5. Excellent condition - 2nd controller was still wrapped. There's a decent selection of games on it... The family's been playing lots of Tetris 2.

Also found the following for $1:

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (rental exclusive edition) DVD
Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog DVD (Sealed)
The Ventures - "Walk, Don't Run" CD

#139 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:10 AM

No pics cause lazy but
A glass pokeball coin thingy $4 yard
Mario super show $3. Yard
Metroid prime 1 gamecube $3 goodwill
Ultimate marvel game ds $2 goodwill

#140 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:10 PM

Went yard saling and flea marketing with some friends on Saturday. Only really found the stuff below, but I had a good time nonetheless. Paid about retail for Dragon Warrior 1+2, but I've really been after it lately. 

gOqYmLJ.jpg

Big find for the weekend, however, came on Sunday. I picked up the lot below from an ad on Nextdoor for $100. It's 66 NES games and there's a good number of them I don't have yet. I was a little late to responding to the ad so I'm surprised I got it, but I'm not complaining.

fbjF4pQ.jpg?1

#141 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:20 PM

All right so got some stuff today

Goodwill .49 cents each

Resident evil 4 wii
Cabelas survival wii
Wii sports
Naruto clash of ninja revolution wii
Namco Museum ps1
Fifa 16 steelbook ps4
Now i put an ad out that I'm buying ds lot's. This guy sold all this for 8 bucks
Metroid prime hunters
3 different versions of nintendogs
Over the hedge
Big brain academy
Zumas revenge
Mario hoops 3vs3
Pokemon ranger

#142 Vadid Nanko  

Vadid Nanko

Posted 18 September 2019 - 02:47 AM

Went yard saling and flea marketing with some friends on Saturday. Only really found the stuff below, but I had a good time nonetheless. Paid about retail for Dragon Warrior 1+2, but I've really been after it lately. 

gOqYmLJ.jpg

Big find for the weekend, however, came on Sunday. I picked up the lot below from an ad on Nextdoor for $100. It's 66 NES games and there's a good number of them I don't have yet. I was a little late to responding to the ad so I'm surprised I got it, but I'm not complaining.

fbjF4pQ.jpg?1

Dragon Warrior III for the win!

#143 pyoobez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1882 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2019 - 01:44 PM

Got to a yard sale down the road from my house and there was a yard sale across the road that I'd been to a few times over the years.

The first one was the advertised one and still setting up. All I found was an old pair of small Harbor Freight brand vise grip pliers for $1 as my dad said to keep an eye out for them as they break a lot.

Second one had a hundred or so CDs for 25 cents each. Pretty varied collection and I grabbed

Roksopp - Melody A.M.

The 80's Greatest Rock Hits - Leather & Lace (compilation of female rockers)

Miami Sound Machine - Eyes of Innocence

Billboard Top Hits - 1982

then found some for family. got my brother

Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols

Echoes: The Best of Pink Floyd (got home and noticed it's only disc 2. I was checking discs and all were in there and stopped. I grabbed it last to get to an even 8. I don't think he'll care.)

for my nephew, Who Wants To A Millionaire: The Album (I noticed this CD is the Canadian edition which apparently includes "Under Pressure" by Queen with David Bowie instead of "When the Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going" by Billy Ocean)

and for my sister, Olivia Newton-John - Back to Basics: The Essential Collection 1971–1992

#144 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 21 September 2019 - 06:17 PM

Nothing crazy.
Metroid prime 3 wii with case
Mario Galaxy with case
Twisted metal 1
Super mario bros wii.
All for a dollar

#145 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10846 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2019 - 01:15 AM

Nothing too crazy a few DS games FF IV, Lego Star Wars Complete, Modern Warfare DS and a DBZ Broly figure in box for $13. Also got a Atari Flashback handheld and Michael Jackson Experience for the Wii for $3 total

Last week snagged Kirby Yarn, Rugrats on GC and Incredibles on GC for $4

#146 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:51 PM

Had some luck this weekend hitting some community sales to the southeast of the city. Spent about $70 total, which is a little more than usual, but the games came from a guy cleaning out his collection a bit and he knew what he had. Still, they were things I actually wanted.

myH5KL4.jpg

R8bfGYp.jpg

#147 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 28 September 2019 - 08:34 PM

Flea market reseller was caught slipping. He put a bunch of gamecube games in a bag and only charged a dollar. If Hope they work we got

Super smash bros melee
Pokemon colosseum
True crime
Donkey konga
Mario party 7

#148 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   431 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2019 - 02:49 PM

Blugh, yard sales were absolutely abysmal for me this weekend. Got scooped at a couple of different community sales so the only things I came home with were a singing lobster and the Jingle All The Way OST for some gag gifts. 

I did, however, see sex toys for the first time at a sale. Also, there was a really cute litter of puppies.

#149 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2154 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2019 - 12:52 AM

:-& I did, however, see sex toys for the first time at a sale. Also, there was a really cute litter of puppies.

You gotta mess with people that put sex toys out at a yard sale.  Start asking specific questions about their use, make up some quotes about reviews you've read about them or even have a mock sword fight if they look like the type of people that would wash them before putting them out.

I guess that's the key question.... were they NIP?  Please say yes.       :puke:

#150 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 01 October 2019 - 03:17 AM

Blugh, yard sales were absolutely abysmal for me this weekend. Got scooped at a couple of different community sales so the only things I came home with were a singing lobster and the Jingle All The Way OST for some gag gifts. 

I did, however, see sex toys for the first time at a sale. Also, there was a really cute litter of puppies.

Wow. And I thought the stepmom who put her stepson's Girls Gone Wild DVD out would be the most risque thing I would hear of.