New Nintendo Selects for 3DS Coming 2/4

arsenalcrazy8

CAGiversary!
These games are dropping 20 bucks in price so snag the black labels when the prices drop feb. 4th:

Mario maker 3ds
Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask 3D
Starfox 64 3D

Available for 19.99 each or 15.99 GCU for the chosen ones who still have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of want Star Fox, but I'd rather play it on an N64 Classic if that's ever released. At least the game won't be overpriced now.

I'm so glad Star Fox 64 is back in print. I just bought a 3DS for the first time last year and that game's price was nuts.

In for that and Mario Maker whenever Best Buy drops the price.

Surprised no Mario Kart 7.

That’s one of the last big hold outs at $40 (Samus is still new enough to justify it.)

Well maybe Smash, too.

I guess Hey Pikmin, Warioware, Miitopia, Xenoblade, and Kirby Whatever didn’t sell enough to justify a new print.

Nintendogs is still too expensive, and it’s a shame Pokémon never join this type of series.

These games are dropping 20 bucks in price so snag the black labels when the prices drop feb. 4th:

Mario maker 3ds
Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask 3D
Starfox 64 3D

Available for 19.99 each or 15.99 GCU for the chosen ones who still have it.
My quest for a deal on Majora's Mask... HAS CONCLUDED!! THANK GOD!

Still waiting on a Selects release of FE: Awakening.

...I mean not really, I bought it at launch with the branded system and artbook, but it would be nice to have it available for others at a reasonable price.

Dang it...saw the ad and saw nothing about it not being until the 4th so I was going to log on and purchase Star Fox today since I still have $15 eShop credit.  

Yep. They said we were mad, but my plan to wait on a Majora's Mask price drop for half a decade is finally coming to fruition!
I got it for like $12 shortly after release when Best Buy was doing a BOGO50% sale and Target was giving a bunch of credit for the N3DS port of Xenoblade Chronicles. GCU was involved, of course.

I know it's too soon for Luigi's Mansion remake to get on the list...but why not? It's a remake so it shouldn't be $40 anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's about time Star Fox 64 3D got the Nintendo Selects award.  I paid like $30 from Gamestop a long time ago.

Heard Majora's Mask had many significant changes compared to the Nintendo 64 version.

Surprised Super Mario Maker 3DS got the Nintendo Selects award before Mario Kart 7. 

Mario Maker 3DS not being able to upload/download user created levels online is still quite a letdown.  Streepass and local multiplayer seems like more of a hassle just for more user created levels, but it is better than nothing.

I wonder if this anything to do with Target’s $4.99 fire sale on the current 3DS Select games. Trying to clear the warehouses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got the non-selects version of Mario Maker at a Target near me. They had it marked down. Won't help much with Majora's Mask and Star Fox though.

GameStop has these listed as coming out 2/15 now.
I remember something similar happening with the last round of selects.

If you don't have GCU anymore and don't mind digital, you could always just buy these off the eShop. They're all down to $19.99 there now.

A semi local BB has Star Fox in stock, hoping for my local one to get Star Fox today. Thats the only 1 of the 3 I need.

These are starting to be in stock and available for store pick up at the Best Buy’s in my area. I ordered a Star Fox 3d for pickup just now.

Was able to get Star Fox and Majors mask,I put Mask back though. I didn’t finish OOT so maybe another time.

The 3DS version of star fox is incredible though. Why don’t they keep making Star Fox games like this?

Every Star Fox fan has been asking that same question for over 20 years.
Star Fox is used only to test new gadgets. Sometimes that works in its favor (Like the FX chip, which made for a game so good what had only been a hardware test became a marketable product) Sometimes it doesn't negatively impact the experience (like the rumble pack). But most times it does. If Star Fox Zero had been made like 64, it would have been excellent. But instead they had a tablet that hardly any games used, so they had to find a way to shoe horn the tablet in.

Star Fox is used only to test new gadgets. Sometimes that works in its favor (Like the FX chip, which made for a game so good what had only been a hardware test became a marketable product) Sometimes it doesn't negatively impact the experience (like the rumble pack). But most times it does. If Star Fox Zero had been made like 64, it would have been excellent. But instead they had a tablet that hardly any games used, so they had to find a way to shoe horn the tablet in.
Starfox is something that Miyamoto simply does not know what to do with it. Fans want a graphically impressive iteration of a rails shooter with some light "free range" parts, in the Arwing most of the time with maybe very limited stints in the tank. Miyamoto thinks we all want new ways to play, which is why that happens because he apparently thinks the idea is too simple, despite giving us many iterations of Mario which offer little new to the game.

That frustrates me to absolutely no end with him (and sometimes seems like blatant marketing lying to defend their latest ridiculous console "innovation"). Greatest game designer to ever live can't understand fans want new versions of successful franchises...?

Star Fox 64 3D is absolutely worth $20. I just wish it pulled the voice acting from the N64 version instead of redubbing it. 

bread's done
Back