* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy Ad 1/20-1/26

#31 Sielanas  

Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:21 PM

Ooh, Vizio Atmos (5.1.2) soundbar is discounted. Tempting upgrade. I have the 5.1 and am very satisfied.

#32 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   450 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2019 - 02:42 PM

Black ops 4 is showing $30 after the nonexistent gcu. Yup not shopping as much at bestbuy with my gcu expired

This...except replace “as much” with “at all”. For some reason, the CAG in my does not want to spend money at best buy knowing that others with GCU are still getting 20% off. That always is the first thing that comes to mind and I decide against the purchase. I will use my 25% gtfo coupon at some point with the remainder of my reward certs and then I’m probably done shopping there altogether besides price mistakes.

#33 theghost4413   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   180 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

theghost4413

Posted 20 January 2019 - 02:49 PM

Yeah, nothing too exciting this week, even with the unadvertised sale items.  Best of those may be Overcooked 2 (PS4) for $19.99?

There are also about 10 3DS games on sale.  Highlight is probably Mario Kart 7 for $19.99.

I thought that seeing BLOPS 4 hit $29 was a welcome sight again. I know it's the second time it has done this. Tempted again as I still have GCU for another year to pick it up at this price ($23.99)

#34 Zimmy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   928 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:40 PM

We all agree that buying any Resident Evil game at $60 means you should have your head examined?  Right??

I'm pretty sure Best Buy already has the $30 stickers printed after the sheep take the bait.

#35 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   321 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:10 PM

We all agree that buying any Resident Evil game at $60 means you should have your head examined? Right??
I'm pretty sure Best Buy already has the $30 stickers printed after the sheep take the bait.

No....? I think rewarding a publisher for releasing what looks to be one of the best horror games in years is just fine. Everything about it looks incredible so far.

#36 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1624 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:12 PM

We all agree that buying any Resident Evil game at $60 means you should have your head examined? Right??

no?

A good game is worth $60. It’s up to you if you want that now or later at a cheaper price.

Really strange to actively root against a game just coz you want it cheaper. It’s a big January release so I imagine it goes 4-6 weeks before it’s first $10 off discount.

#37 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAG Veteran   343 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:34 PM

We all agree that buying any Resident Evil game at $60 means you should have your head examined?  Right??

Why $30? Why not wait until something even lower like $5.     

If you thought about this for me than a nano second, you'd see how this is completely stupid.

#38 BadWaluigi=Luigi  

BadWaluigi=Luigi

Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:34 PM

Black ops 4 is showing $30 after the nonexistent gcu. Yup not shopping as much at bestbuy with my gcu expired

I wonder if they'll reconsider or at least replace GCU with something decent after seeing less retail and website traffic. Idk why, but GCU frequently incentivised me to walk into a retail location even though I knew nothing was in the ad. It just felt good to be there knowing if I wanted to make a spontaneous gaming purchase, I'd be getting a discount.

#39 Zimmy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   928 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2019 - 08:13 PM

no?
A good game is worth $60. It’s up to you if you want that now or later at a cheaper price.
Really strange to actively root against a game just coz you want it cheaper. It’s a big January release so I imagine it goes 4-6 weeks before it’s first $10 off discount.

I’m not talking about the quality of the game just how Resident Evil games hold the record for quickest price drop.

#40 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   321 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 20 January 2019 - 08:23 PM

I’m not talking about the quality of the game just how Resident Evil games hold the record for quickest price drop.

I mean good luck with that, we will see? I think Blops 4 and BF V lost value quicker than anything this year. I'm guessing it's at least 6-8 weeks before you see a $44.99 sale on this one. Guess we will find out.

#41 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1624 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:13 PM

To be fair those games like 6, didn’t review well thus word spread and sales dropped

7 took a few months I believe, maybe March 2017 before there was a $10-$15 discount

2 seems to have much more positive vibes going for it so idk about a sales drop post launch

#42 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAG Veteran   343 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:07 PM

Resient Evil 5 & 6 are two of the best selling games in Capcom's entire history.

#43 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:39 AM

I wonder if they'll reconsider or at least replace GCU with something decent after seeing less retail and website traffic. Idk why, but GCU frequently incentivised me to walk into a retail location even though I knew nothing was in the ad. It just felt good to be there knowing if I wanted to make a spontaneous gaming purchase, I'd be getting a discount.

I mean that’s what I heard. That they’ll replace gcu with something else. Bestbuy became my go to place for video games. It just sucks that it’s gonna be just like how it was back then, the average consumers shopping at GameStop getting ripped off.

#44 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4001 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:18 PM

To be fair those games like 6, didn’t review well thus word spread and sales dropped

7 took a few months I believe, maybe March 2017 before there was a $10-$15 discount

2 seems to have much more positive vibes going for it so idk about a sales drop post launch

RE2 will probably be $40 by the end of April if not earlier. I had a $50 Amazon gift card from Christmas though so I just went ahead and pre-ordered it anyway. Really anymore every game that comes out regardless of how well it sells drops in price relatively fast. The only exception to this is first-party Nintendo stuff for the most part.

There are so many games I have bought less than a year ago now that have hit as low as $14.99 before they've been out for a year. I really need to slow down this year and wait on more games to get cheap before I buy them

#45 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   450 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2019 - 01:23 PM

kinda offtopic but relevant, i recommend pre-ordering from target next year during their b2g1 (sometime in the fall) with a red card for a good launch discount.

i have 6 games preordered for ~ $40 each after taxes with free 2 day shipping (re 2, metro, anthem, division 2, doom, sekiro). this is actually better than gcu plus $10 rewards cert imo and you can cancel or return games individually without losing the discount.

on topic, re 2 remaster for $40 at launch seems great to me and could probably be traded in for $30 within a month for a cheap month rental.

#46 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   947 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:34 PM

Damn. Mods on strike? This hasn't even been stickied at the top yet and it's Tuesday. This was also on the second page. Now's probably a good time to go off topic and rage about something nonsensical

#47 mike568   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:07 AM

Damn. Mods on strike? This hasn't even been stickied at the top yet and it's Tuesday. This was also on the second page. Now's probably a good time to go off topic and rage about something nonsensical

Unfortunately Cheapassgamer gets federal money and the mods are on furlough because the government shutdown. Jk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#48 Sielanas  

Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:56 PM

I even posted a wrestling gif and nothing.

#49 snacks28217   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   489 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

snacks28217

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:58 PM

I even posted a wrestling gif and nothing.

It takes many wrestling gifs

#50 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3408 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 12:08 AM

RE 2 is well worth 60 no doubt I am just poor and would rather redbox it then buy it at a later date when I have more funds. Just bought a new house and need to renovate:/

#51 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   947 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:10 AM

RE 2 is well worth 60 no doubt I am just poor and would rather redbox it then buy it at a later date when I have more funds. Just bought a new house and need to renovate:/

So sorry to hear about your new house purchase. Say hi to debt for me. He knows me well. 😜

#52 JohnnyCage   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1170 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

JohnnyCage

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:29 AM

Normally I'd buy a game like RE2 at launch but with KH3 coming a few days later and likely to steal 100+ hours of my time I'll wait for a price drop later this year.

#53 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3557 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:23 AM

Normally I'd buy a game like RE2 at launch but with KH3 coming a few days later and likely to steal 100+ hours of my time I'll wait for a price drop later this year.

I start vacation from work on Saturday so I should have time to make a good dent in both. :D

#54 GoldCartridgeGamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   374 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

GoldCartridgeGamer

Posted 25 January 2019 - 02:12 PM

Any word on next week's ad?

#55 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:26 PM

Can you use BBY rewards certs on digital currency?  I have $10 in certs expiring soon, with nothing I want to buy