New Releases Available Friday:

• :xb1: :ps4: Resident Evil 2 $59.99
  • :xb1: :ps4: Resident Evil 2 Deluxe Edition $69.99
Game Deals:

• :xb1: :ps4: Assassin's Creed Odyssey $29.99 Save $30
  • :xb1: :ps4: Call of Duty Black Ops 4 $29.99 Save $30
  • :xb1: :ps4: :switch: Just Dance 2019 $24.99 Save $15
Everything Else:

• Save $10 on select Microsoft Xbox Controllers with purchase of an Xbox One Console
  • Save $10 on 3 or 6 Months of Xbox Live with purchase of an Xbox One Console
  • Free Madden MUT Pack when you buy 3 months of Xbox Live
  • DualShock 4 Wireless Controller - Midnight Blue $49.99 Save $5
  • Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Wireless Surround Sound Gaming Headset $84.99 Save $15
  • HyperX Cloud Stinger Wired PC Gaming Headset $39.99 Save $10
  • Corsair Void Pro RGB SE Wireless PC Gaming Headset $64.99 Save $65
  • Save on select Kingdom Hearts Collectibles
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• First Man $19.99 Save $3
  • First Man 4K $24.99 Save $3
  • The Hate U Give $19.99
  • The Hate U Give 4K $24.99
  • How to Train Your Dragon 4K $18.99 Save $4
  • How to Train Your Dragon 2 4K $18.99 Save $4

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, no real temptation this week, on games or movies. Another doldrums week where I get to recover from holiday spending. Much appreciated.

At least the HTTYD1/2 4K versions aren't a price gouge.

Did anyone see First Man?  Was the movie worth watching at all?

lol BB scared to match Amazon's $25 price for AC Odyssey because they know us GCU survivalists are chomping at the bit. Face it BB, we will easy out-wait you. WE ARE CHEAPASSES.

You know that’s not a bad idea. Could just redbox it and marathon it. I don’t think it’ll take that long.
They've said the campaigns are 10-12 hours for each of Claire and Chris, and then you're talking the bonus characters and/or additional runs for S rank or speed or no healing, etc.

Capcom deserves shit for some stuff but they did this one right and I have zero problem purchasing it and keeping my copy, the more units this moves the more REAL remakes we will see instead of companies doing the minimum.

Did anyone see First Man? Was the movie worth watching at all?
I did; it's a really solemn take on material that's usually a bit more celebrated in a more excitable manner. If you've ever seen the documentary For All Mankind, it's very much in that vein tonally where the Apollo 11 landing is treated as this insanely monumental achievement that's so staggering you have to put emotional distance in really thinking about it. Armstrong is depicted as a really stoic and repressed guy who had a lot of stuff to process so it's different from, say, Tom Hanks as Jim Lovell in Apollo 13.

It's interesting if you're into the space program and its history but it's not for everyone; a friend of mine who's loves this stuff even more and is a history teacher didn't really dig it. I have no idea how it'll play at home since the movie visually relies on both claustrophobic and expansive imagery for effect.

I'd say it's worth a rental or checking it out at the library. Really personal interpretation of material that's usually shown more as a shared cultural experience.

I did; it's a really solemn take on material that's usually a bit more celebrated in a more excitable manner. If you've ever seen the documentary For All Mankind, it's very much in that vein tonally where the Apollo 11 landing is treated as this insanely monumental achievement that's so staggering you have to put emotional distance in really thinking about it. Armstrong is depicted as a really stoic and repressed guy who had a lot of stuff to process so it's different from, say, Tom Hanks as Jim Lovell in Apollo 13.

It's interesting if you're into the space program and its history but it's not for everyone; a friend of mine who's loves this stuff even more and is a history teacher didn't really dig it. I have no idea how it'll play at home since the movie visually relies on both claustrophobic and expansive imagery for effect.

I'd say it's worth a rental or checking it out at the library. Really personal interpretation of material that's usually shown more as a shared cultural experience.
That was ... an awesome, terse review. Where previously I was fighting a blind buy urge, I may just give in now and buy it. It's been really interesting to watch Damian Chazelle progress as a director.

lol BB scared to match Amazon's $25 price for AC Odyssey because they know us GCU survivalists are chomping at the bit. Face it BB, we will easy out-wait you. WE ARE CHEAPASSES.
Why would the be matching Amazon? These prices were likely decided on weeks ago so they could print the signage.

They could always end up lower like Black Ops 4 and Starlink last week. ;)

Did anyone see First Man? Was the movie worth watching at all?
Definitely worth a watch, but as for a purchase I could wait until BF for a sale. Definitely see it at some point, though.

Yeah, nothing too exciting this week, even with the unadvertised sale items.  Best of those may be Overcooked 2 (PS4) for $19.99?

There are also about 10 3DS games on sale.  Highlight is probably Mario Kart 7 for $19.99.

Black ops 4 is showing $30 after the nonexistent gcu. Yup not shopping as much at bestbuy with my gcu expired
This...except replace “as much” with “at all”. For some reason, the CAG in my does not want to spend money at best buy knowing that others with GCU are still getting 20% off. That always is the first thing that comes to mind and I decide against the purchase. I will use my 25% gtfo coupon at some point with the remainder of my reward certs and then I’m probably done shopping there altogether besides price mistakes.

Yeah, nothing too exciting this week, even with the unadvertised sale items. Best of those may be Overcooked 2 (PS4) for $19.99?

There are also about 10 3DS games on sale. Highlight is probably Mario Kart 7 for $19.99.
I thought that seeing BLOPS 4 hit $29 was a welcome sight again. I know it's the second time it has done this. Tempted again as I still have GCU for another year to pick it up at this price ($23.99)

We all agree that buying any Resident Evil game at $60 means you should have your head examined?  Right??

I'm pretty sure Best Buy already has the $30 stickers printed after the sheep take the bait.

We all agree that buying any Resident Evil game at $60 means you should have your head examined? Right??
I'm pretty sure Best Buy already has the $30 stickers printed after the sheep take the bait.
No....? I think rewarding a publisher for releasing what looks to be one of the best horror games in years is just fine. Everything about it looks incredible so far.

We all agree that buying any Resident Evil game at $60 means you should have your head examined? Right??
no?

A good game is worth $60. It’s up to you if you want that now or later at a cheaper price.

Really strange to actively root against a game just coz you want it cheaper. It’s a big January release so I imagine it goes 4-6 weeks before it’s first $10 off discount.

Why $30? Why not wait until something even lower like $5.

If you thought about this for me than a nano second, you'd see how this is completely stupid.

Black ops 4 is showing $30 after the nonexistent gcu. Yup not shopping as much at bestbuy with my gcu expired
I wonder if they'll reconsider or at least replace GCU with something decent after seeing less retail and website traffic. Idk why, but GCU frequently incentivised me to walk into a retail location even though I knew nothing was in the ad. It just felt good to be there knowing if I wanted to make a spontaneous gaming purchase, I'd be getting a discount.

no?
A good game is worth $60. It’s up to you if you want that now or later at a cheaper price.
Really strange to actively root against a game just coz you want it cheaper. It’s a big January release so I imagine it goes 4-6 weeks before it’s first $10 off discount.
I’m not talking about the quality of the game just how Resident Evil games hold the record for quickest price drop.

I’m not talking about the quality of the game just how Resident Evil games hold the record for quickest price drop.
I mean good luck with that, we will see? I think Blops 4 and BF V lost value quicker than anything this year. I'm guessing it's at least 6-8 weeks before you see a $44.99 sale on this one. Guess we will find out.

To be fair those games like 6, didn’t review well thus word spread and sales dropped

7 took a few months I believe, maybe March 2017 before there was a $10-$15 discount

2 seems to have much more positive vibes going for it so idk about a sales drop post launch

I wonder if they'll reconsider or at least replace GCU with something decent after seeing less retail and website traffic. Idk why, but GCU frequently incentivised me to walk into a retail location even though I knew nothing was in the ad. It just felt good to be there knowing if I wanted to make a spontaneous gaming purchase, I'd be getting a discount.
I mean that’s what I heard. That they’ll replace gcu with something else. Bestbuy became my go to place for video games. It just sucks that it’s gonna be just like how it was back then, the average consumers shopping at GameStop getting ripped off.

To be fair those games like 6, didn’t review well thus word spread and sales dropped

7 took a few months I believe, maybe March 2017 before there was a $10-$15 discount

2 seems to have much more positive vibes going for it so idk about a sales drop post launch
RE2 will probably be $40 by the end of April if not earlier. I had a $50 Amazon gift card from Christmas though so I just went ahead and pre-ordered it anyway. Really anymore every game that comes out regardless of how well it sells drops in price relatively fast. The only exception to this is first-party Nintendo stuff for the most part.

There are so many games I have bought less than a year ago now that have hit as low as $14.99 before they've been out for a year. I really need to slow down this year and wait on more games to get cheap before I buy them

kinda offtopic but relevant, i recommend pre-ordering from target next year during their b2g1 (sometime in the fall) with a red card for a good launch discount.

i have 6 games preordered for ~ $40 each after taxes with free 2 day shipping (re 2, metro, anthem, division 2, doom, sekiro). this is actually better than gcu plus $10 rewards cert imo and you can cancel or return games individually without losing the discount.

on topic, re 2 remaster for $40 at launch seems great to me and could probably be traded in for $30 within a month for a cheap month rental.

Damn. Mods on strike? This hasn't even been stickied at the top yet and it's Tuesday. This was also on the second page. Now's probably a good time to go off topic and rage about something nonsensical

Damn. Mods on strike? This hasn't even been stickied at the top yet and it's Tuesday. This was also on the second page. Now's probably a good time to go off topic and rage about something nonsensical
Unfortunately Cheapassgamer gets federal money and the mods are on furlough because the government shutdown. Jk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back