* * * * - 8 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation X - 2019

#4321 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1126 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:29 AM

Watched the DS reviews and endings etc. This shit should have been a movie. It’s a game catering to a watching crowd designed to slow you down. Can’t support this. Never understood this twitch culture.

#4322 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9048 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:36 AM

Never understood this twitch culture.

Watched the DS reviews and endings etc. This shit should have been a movie.

#4323 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1126 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:40 AM

youtube. Is that twitch culture?

Clearly I don’t understand. As stated.

Just relieved I didn’t drop 300$ on this game. Thanks twitch culture, I guess?

#4324 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1518 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:21 AM

Picked up the Death Stranding CE, this thing is huge, the contents look pretty well made. Only thing that bothers me is the handle on the case isn't fold-able. Everything is like a 1:1 scale prop from the game, and reminds me of the the 1:1 scale Bionic arm from MGSV CE. 

It makes me want to ask a question, do you guys prefer a good game with bad CE contents or a bad game (not this game but just in general) with good CE contents? Like is the quality of the game or the quality of the CE more important to you? By a bad CE, I guess something like that big ass Mirrors Edge Catalyst statue or the stupid Just Cause 3 grapple thing that just screams cheapy made plastic.

I posted some pictures of the Death Stranding CE in case you guys are on the verge of picking it up:

Spoiler

Badass! I can't wait to play this tomorrow. Been hearing so much good stuff.

#4325 Fades   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   436 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:24 AM

Badass! I can't wait to play this tomorrow. Been hearing so much good stuff.

Same here but I went with the special edtion of the game!

#4326 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1126 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:32 AM

Link the good stuff please.

#4327 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:41 AM

Keeping my DS steelbook edition. The soundtrack in this game ain’t bad at all

#4328 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1518 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 12:09 PM

Keeping my DS steelbook edition. The soundtrack in this game ain’t bad at all

I didn't realize it was already on spotify. Took a listen this morning. It's pretty good.

#4329 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   7067 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:10 PM

youtube. Is that twitch culture?

Nah, its Mixer culture :-P

Debating where to put my BB.  I think the window next to the front door of my house would be good at scaring away any possible solicitors and religious ppl  

#4330 Dr_dreadful   Banned Banned   393 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:32 PM

Watched the DS reviews and endings etc. This shit should have been a movie. It’s a game catering to a watching crowd designed to slow you down. Can’t support this. Never understood this twitch culture.

Games that are interactive movies have existed way before twitch.

Dreamfall chapters, night trap, phantasmagoria, 7th guest and so on. They were a few among a lot of games where the player had minimal interaction and the main draw of the game was the story and or cutscenes. Even some action games like the order 1886 had little action and much more movie to them.

Even newer games with little interaction like firewatch, detroid become human,  gone home, what remainds of edith finch, vanishing of ethan carter and so on still get praise for the enviornments, story telling and so on.

So this type of game is not a new thing, nor any "culture" or whatever pretentious term you decide to use. If you dont like these types of games thats fine, thats the great thing about games is there are so many types of them. Something for everyone. Like me, I dont like sports games at all but I also dont go around trying to shit on them all the time because Id rather spend my time focusing on what makes me happy instead of just trying to dump on everything I dont like because if that Id be done 2 days after never.

UPS just dropped off my death strandering SE and after I eat I cant wait to open it and see what kind of insanity kojima has come up with.

And FYI, no one, I mean no one likes the grumpy old man that just sits and talks about kids these days and complains about nothing except what he doesnt like.

#4331 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3592 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:34 PM

I bought the Digital Deluxe Edition, the Collector's Edition, and the console, as well as a couple of the records back when they dropped.  It's safe to safe I love Kojima very much haha

#4332 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   1327 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:14 PM

Anyone get Luigi's Mansion 3 from Game yet?

#4333 Shadowmoses12   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1323 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Shadowmoses12

Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:15 PM

Anyone get Luigi's Mansion 3 from Game yet?

Not yet still waiting

#4334 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   1327 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:16 PM

Not yet still waiting

Man. Gotta be getting close now. The wait is killing me lol.

#4335 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1126 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:17 PM

Games that are interactive movies have existed way before twitch.

Dreamfall chapters, night trap, phantasmagoria, 7th guest and so on. They were a few among a lot of games where the player had minimal interaction and the main draw of the game was the story and or cutscenes. Even some action games like the order 1886 had little action and much more movie to them.

Even newer games with little interaction like firewatch, detroid become human, gone home, what remainds of edith finch, vanishing of ethan carter and so on still get praise for the enviornments, story telling and so on.

So this type of game is not a new thing, nor any "culture" or whatever pretentious term you decide to use. If you dont like these types of games thats fine, thats the great thing about games is there are so many types of them. Something for everyone. Like me, I dont like sports games at all but I also dont go around trying to shit on them all the time because Id rather spend my time focusing on what makes me happy instead of just trying to dump on everything I dont like because if that Id be done 2 days after never.

UPS just dropped off my death strandering SE and after I eat I cant wait to open it and see what kind of insanity kojima has come up with.

And FYI, no one, I mean no one likes the grumpy old man that just sits and talks about kids these days and complains about nothing except what he doesnt like.

I feel like I should hold you and let you know it will be ok.

#4336 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5071 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:38 PM

I feel like I should hold you and let you know it will be ok.

What an overtly dismissive and reductive reply. 

#4337 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1518 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:41 PM

I have no intelligent retort so I'm going to just troll you. Now let me get back to watching youtube video game play throughs while I simultaneously complain about the twitch culture

What a dope. Lol!

#4338 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1126 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:46 PM

Indeed. What the kids do these days, any opinion that doesn’t jive with your butt hurt world view is toxic. Lol. Those YouTube vids though. Kojima selling his name.

#4339 cficare   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:50 PM

Man. Gotta be getting close now. The wait is killing me lol.

Customs probably having issues with the tissue paper and tape they wrapped it with.

#4340 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4689 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:09 PM

Death Stranding CE is the biggest one since Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Pantheon that I’ve bought. And I just feel that I’m really going to hate this game, based off everything I’ve read about it, it might be my most hated game this entire generation, but I’ll gladly support Kojima regardless and who knows maybe there’s an outside chance I’ll actually enjoy it. I find it very unlikely. Fetch quests are my least favorite things in games and I’ve seen like 10 reviews say if you hate fetch quests you’ll hate this game, and if you dislike slow and deliberate micromanaging gameplay, you’ll hate it. All of which I can’t stand.

But who knows, there have been games I thought I’d love and hated and games I thought I’d hate that I love.

#4341 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1126 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:12 PM

The reviews are so polarized it’s one of those cases where throwing out the highest and lowest scores is probably wise. I’ve seen fanboys hailing it as game of the decade / genre defining and haters say it’s the worst slog ever.

I may try it but a few people mentioned that you need to play around 10 hours to really get into it and give it a fair shake.

#4342 Jakegreensego  

Jakegreensego

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:39 PM

Has anyone here ever played mudrunner? All you do is deliver stuff. You make a plan and try not to tip over or get stuck and it's a lot of fun. Death stranding is that and so much more. Instead of locking differentials, all wheel drive and winches you have ladders , ropes and apparently a whole variety of different tools.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#4343 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4689 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:53 PM

The reviews are so polarized it’s one of those cases where throwing out the highest and lowest scores is probably wise. I’ve seen fanboys hailing it as game of the decade / genre defining and haters say it’s the worst slog ever.

I may try it but a few people mentioned that you need to play around 10 hours to really get into it and give it a fair shake.

Usually I can tell if I'll like a game before I buy if I do enough research. Like I knew I'd love The Outer Worlds since I like Fallout. I saw several reviews say it's like Fallout only not as open, and sci fi and more polished, and I knew if that was accurate, I'd love it and it was accurate and I do love it.

If I don't end up liking a game I thought I'd like it's usually because I didn't do enough research on it. That really hurt my love of RDR2. I went in thinking it would be RDR except bigger world, better graphics, and found out it was basically a Cowboy simulator at times and I just didn't enjoy it because it was too slow and micromanaging for me. If I knew that going in, I would have curbed my expectations.

I have no patience for things like that anymore, I don't want to spend 100 hours on a game because of unnecessary immersion. I did in The Witcher 3 because I had so much fun exploring, fighting, doing quests, it had little tediousness that took away from the pacing... but when I have to spend so much time doing tedious things it takes so much of the joy out of games for me, and at least in some games you can just skip those parts, but Death Stranding seems like a game built entirely on those tedious things.

It seems like a game people who like Sims would like, or No Man's Sky. But I'm 99% sure I'll hate it, just holding out hope I'm wrong.

#4344 dinovelvet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3645 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

dinovelvet

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:57 PM

Still waiting on the Death Stranding CE from Best buy, but they sent me a digital code with no info about what it is. Anybody else know what it does?

#4345 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   3592 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:33 PM

Still waiting on the Death Stranding CE from Best buy, but they sent me a digital code with no info about what it is. Anybody else know what it does?

You could always put the code into PSN.com and see what it does....

But its basically all the pre order bonuses that were offered.

#4346 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 08 November 2019 - 11:18 PM

I finally opened the soundtrack to that Fire Emblem CE and barely touched the cd and it snapped in half getting it out of the case. So much for that one.

Death Stranding steelbook is nice.  Game has entered backlog with many others.  PS4 is my once in a blue moon/don't worry about achievements console.  (Monster Hunter World Iceborne and crown hunting is taking a ton of time right now)

#4347 R3DH3R0   15 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2865 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2019 - 04:35 AM

I finally opened the soundtrack to that Fire Emblem CE and barely touched the cd and it snapped in half getting it out of the case. So much for that one.

Death Stranding steelbook is nice. Game has entered backlog with many others. PS4 is my once in a blue moon/don't worry about achievements console. (Monster Hunter World Iceborne and crown hunting is taking a ton of time right now)

When I bought Catherine fully body, I got the one steel at best buy that was mint, but the disc was flipping around. I was talking to the guy at loss prevention and he's like, "do you want to get another one?". Obviously blus aren't scratch proof, but pretty hard to scratch. I was like "nah, I'll open it right here to show you it's fine". Disc was cracked...

#4348 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   1327 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:50 PM

Has anyone here ever played mudrunner? All you do is deliver stuff. You make a plan and try not to tip over or get stuck and it's a lot of fun. Death stranding is that and so much more. Instead of locking differentials, all wheel drive and winches you have ladders , ropes and apparently a whole variety of different tools.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm with this guy. I think the game is pretty good. The I'm like 6 hours in and I'm liking it. The added dynamics of actually getting to your destination really masks the delivery boy aspect, which so far is pretty much blown out of proportion imo.

The story so far I like. The cross over to thy other side is a pretty good storyline. I don't regret purchasing day one. Haven't taken it out.

#4349 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1518 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2019 - 04:02 PM

Just a heads up death stranding is a bit slow paced (still great though) in the first 2 chapters. It gets really good in chapter 3. It took just over 4 hours for me to get to C3 that's with 5 star bonds on 2 of the first 3 outposts. 10 hours is an exaggeration.

#4350 Miker525  

Posted 10 November 2019 - 07:11 PM

Just a heads up death stranding is a bit slow paced (still great though) in the first 2 chapters. It gets really good in chapter 3. It took just over 4 hours for me to get to C3 that's with 5 star bonds on 2 of the first 3 outposts. 10 hours is an exaggeration.

Lol I just started chapter 3 and had a little over 12 hours of game time before then. It's the kinda game you have to play at your own pace. I can't imagine how you could have all 5 star bonds in 4 hours but props to you if true. Either way it's definitely a slower game but I'm loving it and am certainly taking my time enjoying the sights