* * * * - 8 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation X - 2019

#4411 manigamer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   85 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 12:05 PM

why the sudden cancellations for pokemon s and s. coz of the reviews ? my amazon uk steelbook with the figurines just shipped today :) 

#4412 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6349 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:00 PM

I wonder how "limited" shenmue 3 steelbook will be.  I am nto sure it will still be available on BF.  My GCU is ending tonight

i cancelled mines. i'll pick it up during black friday. im sure they will give the steelbook during that time.

#4413 EvilutionDesigns  

EvilutionDesigns

Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:08 PM

why the sudden cancellations for pokemon s and s. coz of the reviews ? my amazon uk steelbook with the figurines just shipped today :)

Figurines? 

Mine shipped from Amazon UK yesterday, I preordered as soon as they went up and don't remember any figurines. I did get an email today with codes for some track suit and something else though. 

#4414 Loose Rattled Gamer  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:12 PM

Figurines? 

Mine shipped from Amazon UK yesterday, I preordered as soon as they went up and don't remember any figurines. I did get an email today with codes for some track suit and something else though. 

time to work out !

#4415 Dr_dreadful  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:51 PM

I'd read quite a few people were unhappy the character models were from the 3ds and didnt look  very good. Or something like that I think. I'm not sure. Something about gamefreak lying about something. 

Only reason I got it is because I had a birthday coupon from bestbuy,  a 5 dollar certificate, and it had a 10 dollar coupon with it. I've never finished a pokemon game before. I own a ton of them but it took me like 20 years to realize I hate playing on handheld systems. I dont even like the switch unless its docked. So figured if I will find out if I like pokemon this will be it.

#4416 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:57 PM

I don't care of the look of the cover pokemon and paying for two games to get a steelbook with a design I don't like does not seem like a good idea.  My switch backlog is big enough as it is.  Complaints about the game have been about 3ds models, no new animations, and a small roster of pokemon.  Those are not things big enough for me to hate the game I think, but I'm in no hurry to play it.

#4417 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1213 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:59 PM

I'd read quite a few people were unhappy the character models were from the 3ds and didnt look  very good. Or something like that I think. I'm not sure. Something about gamefreak lying about something. 

Only reason I got it is because I had a birthday coupon from bestbuy,  a 5 dollar certificate, and it had a 10 dollar coupon with it. I've never finished a pokemon game before. I own a ton of them but it took me like 20 years to realize I hate playing on handheld systems. I dont even like the switch unless its docked. So figured if I will find out if I like pokemon this will be it.

AFAIK, in addition to re-using character models from previous games and not "brand new animations" as was claimed for the whole reason behind cutting out a large number of previous pokemon; the game is also apparently way too easy; & character models drop in and out. There's more but those are what I remember

#4418 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3688 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:43 PM

If you never open your CEs, the gameplay really doesn't matter.

Or in my case, I'm getting it for my 10 yr old and he'll just be happy to have a new Pokemon game regardless of models and # of characters

#4419 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4551 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:53 PM

Ok so my MediEvil and steelbook from Amazon de finally arrived!.... or so I thought. I open up my package from Amazon de and Inside is some weird thing, I don’t even know wtf it is lol. Some kid’s toy. So now I gotta go through Amazon de customer service and ask for a refund or for a replacement of something that’s no longer in stock.

#4420 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4551 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:40 PM

My Star Wars and Pokemon Double Pack both shipped out from Best Buy. The tracking updates for both of them was exactly the same. Same stops, same times, everything. Except I got Star Wars today and no Pokemon, and I checked the tracking and for some reason Pokemon just stopped updating yesterday morning and Star Wars kept going and was delivered.

So not sure what that's about, but I doubt I get it today. Just hope it isn't lost. Not the best day for packages for me lol.

#4421 Kranekinjar   Scrappy Doo on Xanax CAGiversary!   495 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Kranekinjar

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:45 PM

The only reason I play Pokemon is for the competitive battling. I could give 2 f**ks about the story lul.  How's the breeding, EV training, is there stealth rocks, but no defog/rapid spin (unlike PKMN Let's go that PoS), the online battle modes etc.? I should just wait for a Pokemon showdown update (it'll have all gens) lol! Regardless, I already bought , so I'm forced to play it now lol

#4422 Tothoro  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:53 PM

The only reason I play Pokemon is for the competitive battling. I could give 2 f**ks about the story lul.  How's the breeding, EV training, is there stealth rocks, but no defog/rapid spin (unlike PKMN Let's go that PoS), the online battle modes etc.? I should just wait for a Pokemon showdown update (it'll have all gens) lol! Regardless, I already bought , so I'm forced to play it now lol

The changes to competitive are actually pretty cool. The genies, UBs, and Tapus aren't in SwSh, so the meta's pretty wide open. Rapid Spin now raises speed, lots of Regenerator 'mons got cut, and there's an item to prevent damage from entry hazards. On the crazier side, Darmanitan-G's ability is a choice band and it has 160 Atk/135 Spd and Kyurem-B got Dragon Dance and Icicle Spear.

As much as I dislike the Dexit controversy and GF's response, the new meta is pretty enticing and that's why I bought the games.

#4423 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4551 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:13 PM

Just message them. They will respond in English. I have had it happen too. It's just like talking to any other customer service. They were very fast and helpful to me at least.

When you say message, did you contact them via email or chat?

#4424 Kranekinjar   Scrappy Doo on Xanax CAGiversary!   495 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Kranekinjar

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:31 PM

Speak of the devil, it’s here lul. Sh1t’s tiny af, haha! -F8C02E39-63EA-40CE-98F7-FFA8068D4BAD.jpeg

#4425 iPaul312  

iPaul312

Posted 15 November 2019 - 10:39 PM

Speak of the devil, it’s here lul. Sh1t’s tiny af, haha! -attachicon.gifF8C02E39-63EA-40CE-98F7-FFA8068D4BAD.jpeg

Mine isn't supposed to be here until Mon or Tues. Crazy.

#4426 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4551 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:03 PM

Got a refund for my MediEvil from Amazon.de. Sucks though because the steelbook version is sold out. If anyone here has a spare I’d buy it from you for the price you paid from amazon.de, plus shipping costs. I don’t need the game, just the steel.

My Pokémon was delayed until Monday apparently. I’m not in any rush, but 3 out of my last 5 packages from Best Buy had some type of delivery delay. I’ll chalk it up to it being close to the holidays for now, but if this continues once my GCU runs out I’m not gonna buy from them any longer. Not worth it, I think to get free shipping you need to be an elite member, right? Not worth spending that kinda money there, if half my packages won’t get there on time, at that point I’ll just go back to amazon.

#4427 Pikagreg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1727 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2019 - 12:22 AM

I thought of cancelling my Shenmue but I still have GCU so it is only like a $13 difference JUST in case they run out of steelbooks before I can order on BF or something. I think I still return it within that time frame too since I don't think I am going to play it right away. 

#4428 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14674 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:57 PM

Speak of the devil, it’s here lul. Sh1t’s tiny af, haha! -attachicon.gifF8C02E39-63EA-40CE-98F7-FFA8068D4BAD.jpeg

Walked into Target yesterday and picked one up w/ Walmart/Amazon/Target PM since in-store wasn't on sale. Sad how they can make distribution to store on time with zero difficulties, but fulfillment of online orders take a "fuck you" backseat.

#4429 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6349 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:26 PM

mines coming in on tuesday. oh well. from fedex to usps then to me. they couldve just drop it off to my place today. my funko pop from target arrived today.

#4430 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22944 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2019 - 01:03 AM

Walked into Target yesterday and picked one up w/ Walmart/Amazon/Target PM since in-store wasn't on sale. Sad how they can make distribution to store on time with zero difficulties, but fulfillment of online orders take a "fuck you" backseat.

Ugh, wish Amazon still had it for $90 so I could try PMing. I wasn't able to order online but found a copy in store today so I picked it up since it's basically a free SB case for buying two games (better than nothing at this point). 

#4431 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12901 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2019 - 06:49 PM

Well, got my Kickstarter copy of Shenmue 3 in the mail today, and the backer-exclusive slipcover is kind of pathetic.  Poor quality material, phoned in design and the title isn't even on the spine.  Lame.

#4432 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   940 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:07 PM

Well, got my Kickstarter copy of Shenmue 3 in the mail today, and the backer-exclusive slipcover is kind of pathetic. Poor quality material, phoned in design and the title isn't even on the spine. Lame.

Never eva kickstart
I learned the hard way with mighty no 9

1st and last time ever

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#4433 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4551 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:07 PM

My Star Wars and Pokemon Double Pack both shipped out from Best Buy. The tracking updates for both of them was exactly the same. Same stops, same times, everything. Except I got Star Wars today and no Pokemon, and I checked the tracking and for some reason Pokemon just stopped updating yesterday morning and Star Wars kept going and was delivered.

So not sure what that's about, but I doubt I get it today. Just hope it isn't lost. Not the best day for packages for me lol.

UPS told me Friday that I was "guaranteed to get it Friday" I didn't, then they told me I'd get it Monday. The tracking didn't update since the 14th, today they told me the package is lost and I need to file a report.

Worst year for mail delivery for me ever. Now granted, like all of you I order a lot of stuff, but this year I've had 5 packages delivered to the wrong address and 4 lost.

Just curious, does anyone here have close to that number? 9 total delivery Fuck ups? And the year isn't over. I can't wait to see what the hectic holiday deliveries bring. Feels like a lot, and it's frustrating.

#4434 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22944 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:54 AM

Never eva kickstart
I learned the hard way with mighty no 9

1st and last time ever

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I feel like I should have learned this lesson but still backed S3... I backed the CE too. Well, at least people will finally get Shenmue 3. I'm hoping the game is good, never got into the first one but plan to give them another try. 

#4435 Stele   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   638 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 01:31 PM

Backing Kickstarters isn’t about maximizing on a “deal.” It’s about funding a game that took no major studio had a interest in funding for 14 years. Early positive Metacritic user reviews says it all.

#4436 Jakegreensego  

Jakegreensego

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:00 PM

Good point about kickstarting games. If you play shenmue 3 and enjoy it, thank a backer like vinny, haha. I ordered the pix n love CE. Anyone have any experience with their shipping?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#4437 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3688 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:06 PM

Good point about kickstarting games. If you play shenmue 3 and enjoy it, thank a backer like vinny, haha. I ordered the pix n love CE. Anyone have any experience with their shipping?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You probably won't get it for a couple more weeks. They package pretty well, but are really slow at getting stuff in and shipping it out.

#4438 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3525 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:42 PM

Not exactly collector edition but I got my medal/mirror from shemue 3 at game stop.  It look pretty nice.  It is small and they told me they only received 1

#4439 Dr_dreadful  

Dr_dreadful

Posted 19 November 2019 - 07:03 PM

Backing Kickstarters isn’t about maximizing on a “deal.” It’s about funding a game that took no major studio had a interest in funding for 14 years. Early positive Metacritic user reviews says it all.

For me it's both. If what I receive for my money isnt enough of a deal for me then im not doing it. I'm not just giving someone what little money I have to see their dream come true that they will use to make themselves a profit. I can't afford to be that nice. So if I kickstart something then it needs to be worth it in return for what I will receive. Especially if the project has already been funded.

Yes I do like the idea of helping someone realize a goal, but at the same time I am also buying something for my money and I won't pretend otherwise I'm doing it for some noble idea, I'm doing it because I want something in return.

#4440 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6368 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 07:39 PM

For me it's both. If what I receive for my money isnt enough of a deal for me then im not doing it. I'm not just giving someone what little money I have to see their dream come true that they will use to make themselves a profit. I can't afford to be that nice. So if I kickstart something then it needs to be worth it in return for what I will receive. Especially if the project has already been funded.

Yes I do like the idea of helping someone realize a goal, but at the same time I am also buying something for my money and I won't pretend otherwise I'm doing it for some noble idea, I'm doing it because I want something in return.

I agree with you on this.  I frankly am sick of the "Kickstarter is not a preorder" people that chime in every time something goes bad in fulfillment.  Kickstarter absolutely is a preorder for many backers and many project creators and pretending that it's ok to deliver less than promised is ridiculous.