* * * * - 6 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation X - 2019

#871 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:36 PM

So the van from devil may cry 5 collectors edition is like the size of a match box car wtf lol.

#872 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:17 PM

So the van from devil may cry 5 collectors edition is like the size of a match box car wtf lol.

Finally watched an unboxing video of this and wtf. $150 for that is insane.

#873 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3924 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:18 PM

Finally watched an unboxing video of this and wtf. $150 for that is insane.

I am so glad I got the Deluxe edition with my GCU before it ran out.

#874 Kaiser499   Gaming Guru CAGiversary!   4020 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:44 PM

Yeah, that's a piss poor CE.

#875 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4323 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:31 PM

Just received Amazon email saying Sekiro steelbook got pushed back all the way to August

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I got one saying I'm getting it March 26th.

#876 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:33 PM

I got one saying March 26 as well.

#877 Captain Urahara   Praise The Sun CAGiversary!   2944 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Captain Urahara

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:34 PM

I got one saying I'm getting it March 26th.

I got one saying March 26 as well.

Same for me as well.

#878 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1402 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:38 PM

False alert, Amazon grouping the steelbook with something I preorder in August, instead of ship it out in 2 weeks :wall:

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#879 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1255 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:38 AM

I wouldn't pay $150 for that DMC set, but it doesn't seem very bad from what I saw. The van is nicely detailed, but is a bit small and lacks extra details like LEDs or even moving wheels to justify the cost.

#880 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:44 AM

That van should’ve at least had an option to put in batteries and the logo lighting up

#881 hanzohattori1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

hanzohattori1

Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:24 PM

I got a March 26 notice as well.

#882 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14340 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 03:17 PM

#883 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   320 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 04:35 PM

Preordered rage 2 ce today. Been watching some gameplay vids and it’s looking awesome. Playing at 60f on Xbox one x too.

#884 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2907 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2019 - 04:40 PM

Any idea why Gamestop orders, when placed while logged into my account, still come up as a Guest/In-Store order?  Anyone else had this issue?

#885 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   321 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:08 PM

Preordered rage 2 ce today. Been watching some gameplay vids and it’s looking awesome. Playing at 60f on Xbox one x too.

Yeah but only at 1080p. There's not even a 4k option which is pretty weak IMO.

#886 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   320 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:51 AM

True on no 4K but maybe it can be added later. I’d performance over looks rn but I would like the option to switch.

#887 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1231 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:04 PM

Did NA actually get more than 1 steelbook? Or are you talking internationally? Because I bought the Father edition and the Gold edition and they both had the same one.

I only saw 1 in NA. There was a blue Hope County SteelBook for Europe that I managed to get from Amazon.de too.

#888 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3531 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:48 PM

Thank the maker, my GAME Dmc 5 steelbook came mint in the flimsy cardboard sleeve it was shipped in. It's honestly really great looking and has an even better metallic sleeve. Now I just to reserect my UK account to register the DLC.

One question for folks here;  is it likely Sekiro/steelbook combo will get restocked? I believe in some of the few Amazon SB deals (Titanfall 2, Battlefront) went OOS and came back. Just didn't know if anyone actually has info it. Reviews are lighting up and while I'm too chicken for DS and BB it sounds like Sekiro is a bit more friendly but still great.

#889 dualrec  

Posted 21 March 2019 - 04:37 PM

Finally saw a Division Ultimate steelbook at gamestop. That thing is Noice!
But I can't pay 130 for it.... here's hoping someone trades one in one day for me to snag used.

#890 The Holy Pretzle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1936 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

The Holy Pretzle

Posted 21 March 2019 - 05:39 PM

Sorry if this is kind of obnoxious considering some people didn't even get 1, but did anyone order a separate Sekiro steelbook when they were available to buy stand-alone for a bit then pre-order the Game + steelbook bundle?  I know they were 1 per order but I thought it'd be different since I ordered one by itself and one in the bundle, but I checked and the stand-alone steelbook shipped with the game, while the steelbook "bundled" with the game still says March 26.  

Honestly this isn't the biggest deal in the world since it was crazy cheap, I'm already getting one, and I was probably just going to throw it up on eBay, but I guess I'm just curious.

#891 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   321 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 21 March 2019 - 05:46 PM

Sorry if this is kind of obnoxious considering some people didn't even get 1, but did anyone order a separate Sekiro steelbook when they were available to buy stand-alone for a bit then pre-order the Game + steelbook bundle?  I know they were 1 per order but I thought it'd be different since I ordered one by itself and one in the bundle, but I checked and the stand-alone steelbook shipped with the game, while the steelbook "bundled" with the game still says March 26.  

Honestly this isn't the biggest deal in the world since it was crazy cheap, I'm already getting one, and I was probably just going to throw it up on eBay, but I guess I'm just curious.

All I can say is I ordered a stand alone steelbook (have the CE from gamestop) when they were up and it isn't arriving or shipping until 3/26.

#892 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1317 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2019 - 05:55 PM

I just posted in the separate sekiro thread about this. My steelbook order shipped today for delivery tomorrow. I also had a game+steelbook order, and they all shipped together (game+ 2 steelbooks). Keep in mind I'm in southern California, so I may be at the beginning of the distribution chain.

#893 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6129 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:35 PM

I just posted in the separate sekiro thread about this. My steelbook order shipped today for delivery tomorrow. I also had a game+steelbook order, and they all shipped together (game+ 2 steelbooks). Keep in mind I'm in southern California, so I may be at the beginning of the distribution chain.

My steelbook order also just shipped in Southern California for delivery tomorrow.

#894 hanzohattori1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

hanzohattori1

Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:00 PM

I’m in SoCal and mine hasn’t shipped yet...

EDIT: Just checked my bank account and saw that they snatched the $10.76, so I should get the notification soon.

Edited by hanzohattori1, 21 March 2019 - 09:02 PM.

#895 hanzohattori1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   32 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

hanzohattori1

Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:13 PM

Finally saw a Division Ultimate steelbook at gamestop. That thing is Noice!
But I can't pay 130 for it.... here's hoping someone trades one in one day for me to snag used.

I want the game as well, but I can’t justify that price point, especially for some bullshit cosmetics, even sillier “early” access, and with it being always online.

You know what killed it, though? “Year 1 content.” So, let’s say you pay the $130 (really $140, let’s be real now), how much will Year 2 (and 3) cost?

From a business standpoint, UbiSoft/Massive realized they fucked up with the Gold Edition/Season Pass from the first game and the money they missed out on, so they’re making sure they get theirs this time by fucking consumers over.

#896 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4404 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:25 PM

I want the game as well, but I can’t justify that price point, especially for some bullshit cosmetics, even sillier “early” access, and with it being always online.

You know what killed it, though? “Year 1 content.” So, let’s say you pay the $130 (really $140, let’s be real now), how much will Year 2 (and 3) cost?

From a business standpoint, UbiSoft/Massive realized they fucked up with the Gold Edition/Season Pass from the first game and the money they missed out on, so they’re making sure they get theirs this time by fucking consumers over.

Agreed. I won't buy any game that is a yearly subscription like Destiny 2 or Division 2, or Rainbow 6 Siege. It's quite obvious they're turning beloved genres and series into a subscription mode. ubisoft is doing the same with AC Odyssey with timed content, season passes, and DLC/loot boxes not even included in the season pass.

#897 dualrec  

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:28 PM

Agree.  $70 for cosmetics is dumb. 

Division : Dead or Alive edition apparently.

#898 Tothoro  

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:43 PM

Agreed. I won't buy any game that is a yearly subscription like Destiny 2 or Division 2, or Rainbow 6 Siege. It's quite obvious they're turning beloved genres and series into a subscription mode. ubisoft is doing the same with AC Odyssey with timed content, season passes, and DLC/loot boxes not even included in the season pass.

Games are starting to fall into the "as a Service" model that software has been moving toward for the past decade or so. You make more money charging people $20 a month for a product than you do charging $100 upfront in most cases.

I don't play a lot of online games so I'm not really affected (yet), but I don't see the trend going away for larger studios. You can make an argument for video game price remaining static at $60 to justify it I suppose, but I'd really rather just pay $100 for a full game than be nickel-and-dimed for it over the course of a year.

#899 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8023 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:00 PM

No one likes feeling nickle'n'dimed, but I feel like publishers are forced into this position because customers are not willing to pay for $100 proper games.  I blame my generation, the millennials, for their stupid 'a la carte' buying preferences when it comes to any type of subscription or service.  

I think that several current games-as-a-service are the strongest games of this current gen, including both Destiny and The Division.  Just like how some of the finest PC games from the past had subscription models.  They are the best games, with loads of content, and they absolutely warrant a $100-120 price tag.   But we always cater to the lowest common denominator here and are governed by public opinion Twitter. 

#900 looserattledgamer  

looserattledgamer

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:04 PM

No one likes feeling nickle'n'dimed, but I feel like publishers are forced into this position because customers are not willing to pay for $100 proper games.  I blame my generation, the millennials, for their stupid 'a la carte' buying preferences when it comes to any type of subscription or service.  

I think that several current games-as-a-service are the strongest games of this current gen, including both Destiny and The Division.  Just like how some of the finest PC games from the past had subscription models.  They are the best games, with loads of content, and they absolutely warrant a $100-120 price tag.   But we always cater to the lowest common denominator here and are governed by public opinion Twitter.

Don’t blame the millennials brotato, they are too busy taking pictures of their food :beer: